• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circle T said:
Speaking of better than ever, have there been any changes to Rocket Race for Reach? Same general rules, I'm guessing, but do we get AAs, no AAs, only Sprint, how many maps, etc? I played the crap out of Rocket Race in Halo 3, so I'm eagerly awaiting its return.
Man, me too. I am mostly wondering if both partners will be able to complete checkpoints or just one like in Halo 3.

And I'd also like to suggest we try FRG Race sometimes just to mix it up :)

Dabookerman said:
I'm sure this has been asked about a million times.. But anyword on Bungie changing the Rumble pit playlist?

I want to play Free for all... not fucking infection every god damn time.
Yup. This is EXACTLY how I feel. :lol

Dabookerman said:
I'm sure this has been asked about a million times.. But anyword on Bungie changing the Rumble pit playlist?

No word on that yet but I hope they make Infection its own playlist eventually.

Circle T

The Lamonster said:
Man, me too. I am mostly wondering if both partners will be able to complete checkpoints or just one like in Halo 3.

And I'd also like to suggest we try FRG Race sometimes just to mix it up :)
That is a good point. I didn't even think of that. Since there is no VIP mode, there won't be only one person per team with scoring ability. That changes things quite a lot. As does the fact that there will be 6 teams now, not just 4. Even more wild and hectic... and I can't wait. :D

*edit* The FRG version could be "Covie Race" or whatever, and use the Elite models and FRGs. That would be awesome. Having 2 huge Elites crammed on a Mongoose, firing FRG rounds like mad is too good NOT to do. :lol

Sill4

Sill4 said:
He says quite a bit. He keeps shit simple like "It's injured" when he shoots something and it runs off.

I can't remember if he says "reloading" or "changing mags". His stuff from what I've heard so far, is much more in line with his character compared to Cortana. If you really want to hear chief, it's worth it, imo.

My friend who unlocked his voice claims that Bungie recoreded more Chief dialogue for Reach than in any other Halo game. Can someone from Bungie confirm/deny?
For new page, cause I really think my friend is full of shit about most of the stuff he says.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dabookerman said:

They said in the weekly update that there would be updates to Rumble Pit in the playlist update later this month (not tomorrow). No word on what that would entail specifically, but I'm betting that Infection will be either greatly reduced in frequency, or moved outright.

Circle T said:
Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that I'm correct or he is correct? Because if you watch the cutscene with the subtitles on
"I have THE gun"
is the actual line.

Marine: Lieutenant! Get aboard! We gotta get the hell outta here!

Noble Six: Negative. I have the gun. Good luck, sir.

Keyes: Good luck to you, Spartan.
I'm saying you're right, it's
"I have the gun."

"I have my gun"
doesn't make any damn sense. :lol

vatstep said:
They said in the weekly update that there would be updates to Rumble Pit in the playlist update later this month (not tomorrow). No word on what that would entail specifically, but I'm betting that Infection will be either greatly reduced in frequency, or moved outright.
I hope they just don't decrease the frequency. There are some of us who actually like Infection!

Hey You

Finally reached Captain. Now I don't really give a rats ass about my rank.

Neuromancer said:
I hope they just don't decrease the frequency. There are some of us who actually like Infection!
*High Five!*

Hugbot

Neuromancer said:
I'm saying you're right, it's
"I have the gun."

"I have my gun"
doesn't make any damn sense. :lol
I didn't even understand what line the argument was about until he posted the full dialog, the female voice is delivered perfectly fine on that line.

Louis Wu

Hey, so last week some time, someone posted a video where they jacked a Warthog gun, the driver tried to drive them over the cliff (in Boneyard), the gunner simply jetpacked back to solid ground.

I can't find the link anywhere. :(

help?

Neuromancer said:
No word on that yet but I hope they make Infection its own playlist eventually.

It also needs to be more people- 8 players is too small for Infection. It's always over in like 20 seconds unless the uninfected camp space on Zealot.

Raide

Hello, my name is Raide...and I'm a Forgeaholic. I had my first Forge a few weeks back and I just have to get my daily Forge in, else I start to shake. I close my eyes and I can see rotating blocks, ramps and man-cannons. I use random bits of paper to doodle Forge ideas, even while at work.

It has got so bad, I even made a SWAT map. :(

DM-DISHSWAT (Basic spawns in, might finish once my OCD kicks in again)

Sill4 said:
For new page, cause I really think my friend is full of shit about most of the stuff he says.

It could be possible, since there's a line for some of the power weapons, multiple ones for injuring enemies, multiple for throwing grenades, etc. There's zero combat dialog for the chief during any of the other Halo games. And he hasn't really said that much during cutscenes.

Sill4

The Lamonster said:
I'd believe it. He hardly says anything in the games.

Ajemsuhgao said:
It could be possible, since there's a line for some of the power weapons, multiple ones for injuring enemies, multiple for throwing grenades, etc. There's zero combat dialog for the chief during any of the other Halo games. And he hasn't really said that much during cutscenes.
True. Does anyone here know what Johnson says? Buck has different lines since ODST, so surely Johnson does as well.

X26

Banned
I don't know if it was lag or what, but I just played a match where a guy was able to melee from like 10x the distance

other guys quit out on my team so I did the same, thankfully

edit: and now I'm a recruit :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Gui_PT said:
What the hell?!?!? Everyone's losing their Rank! Tell me this is a connection to b.net problem =\
I started seeing some server errors a few minutes ago...

Gui_PT said:
What the hell?!?!? Everyone's losing their Rank! Tell me this is a connection to b.net problem =\
yeah I lost it after a Multiteam match with you and then I came back and after like 30 seconds it loaded. Now yours is gone too, I think it's contagious.

Hey You

Thagomizer said:
It also needs to be more people- 8 players is too small for Infection. It's always over in like 20 seconds unless the uninfected camp space on Zealot.
Agreed. Maybe 13 like it was in H3?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, so it looks like Score Attack does not count for the weekly challenge. It is lit up, but I have played about 5 rounds of it today (various gametypes in that list) and none have counted, only regular 4 player firefight matchmaking is.

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Hmm, so it looks like Score Attack does not count for the weekly challenge. It is lit up, but I have played about 5 rounds of it today (various gametypes in that list) and none have counted, only regular 4 player firefight matchmaking is.
Must be some kind of connection/update issue. I played two games of Score Attack this morning and both b.net and the in-game UI show the progress bar moved a couple notches.

MrBig

LiK said:
but they're good so no more pwnage :(
:lol

Rank problem happened during customs last week too. Everyone had default Noble 6 and Recruit. It all came back when we signed out and back in.

Gui_PT

Finally my armor updated

QT1WE.png

cazosozey

Shoogoo said:
Looks amazing! Did you playtest it yet?

Though I'm sick of that forge materials bland look. Its always the same grey stuff.

It plays alot like Boarding Action from Halo CE, minus the teleporters and plus a bid more mobility between the the two sides. Yeah the coloring on each piece is very lackluster, it only colors borders and random highlighted parts :(

panda21

is the armour supposed to show what you have set up for your guy? with like the colors and everything?

i thought it was some confusing way of showing your mp medals and rank and stuff progress, because mine is all just still plain and black.

LiK

panda21 said:
is the armour supposed to show what you have set up for your guy? with like the colors and everything?

i thought it was some confusing way of showing your mp medals and rank and stuff progress, because mine is all just still plain and black.

correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom