• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
urk said:
If we'd updated the rest of the playlists in advance of the deployment, you'd be all confused as to why you were playing them right now and not getting the new stuff. SWAT doesn't have that problem since it's all coming soon and whatnot.

you: durp
frankie would never be like this i want frankie back

Chittagong

Gold Member
Phew. Just finished Reach on Legendary. Hard as nails. Amazing experience, I felt the same joy as gaming as a kid when games were tough. Maybe games these days are easier, or I'm better.

Loved every minute of it. Super hard, every scene required an actual strategy - but unlike previous Halos, I din't encounter any impossible bits, anything could be overcome with enough practice and determination (and, occasionally, luck).

I found DMR absolutely essential for finishing the game - I could have played only with it. I bet previous Halos will feel like a walk in the park with an actual Battle Rifle... wonder if Halo 3 is too rough an experience after playing Reach...?

USF

What's up with FF quitters!?
Played 3 rounds in a row, non were completed because of those damn quitters

Gave 'em all negative feedbacks

USF said:
What's up with FF quitters!?
Played 3 rounds in a row, non were completed because of those damn quitters

Gave 'em all negative feedbacks
There should be special quitter and betrayal commendations that net you negative cR.

At gold level you unlock the Derp IV helmet.

Louis Wu said:
Hey, so last week some time, someone posted a video where they jacked a Warthog gun, the driver tried to drive them over the cliff (in Boneyard), the gunner simply jetpacked back to solid ground.

I can't find the link anywhere. :(

help?

OMG - that was me, and its gotten like a good 100 downloads just today, I dont understand how its gone so viral.

heres the clip:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3903881&player=bobs99

Kapura

Banned
yo urk mah man I been playin hella firefight an forge an shit but I aint' got no armour! I dun even get base noble six armour! What gives, bro?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Kapura said:
yo urk mah man I been playin hella firefight an forge an shit but I aint' got no armour! I dun even get base noble six armour! What gives, bro?

NEED TO PLAY MORE GAMES

NZNova

Finished the campaign last night, on heroic. Really, really nice campaign. Methinks I'll do it again on legendary soon :D

Kapura

Banned
urk said:
NEED TO PLAY MORE GAMES
Shouldn't be a problem, considering I'm adding objective spawns and such to my next map.

P.S. having to end the game to change gametypes makes an unhappy kappy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
please tell me the clipping issues on boardwalk - where people press themselves up against the blue translucent walls with the guns clipping through and they are able to shoot without being shot - are fixed.

as annoying as swat is, its now 10x worse on this map.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
UUUGGGHHH, Headhunter FFA is the most frustrating mode I've ever played in an online shooter. Getting killed from out of nowhere when you're literally feet away from the drop-off zone and losing like five skulls is a fucking heartbreaker. Although I'll admit, it's very satisfying to do it to someone else. :D

vatstep said:
UUUGGGHHH, Headhunter FFA is the most frustrating mode I've ever played in an online shooter. Getting killed from out of nowhere when you're literally feet away from the drop-off zone and losing like five skulls is a fucking heartbreaker. Although I'll admit, it's very satisfying to do it to someone else. :D

I was playing on Boardwalk, and had 10 skulls. I was literally seconds from the destination and was really excited. As I walked towards it, someone literally double beat me down then took ALL 10 skulls and walked like the centimeter to the destination and got a skullamanjaro.

I was so pissed. :lol

Louis Wu

urk said:
Probably just need to play a game online to update it.
Nah, not quite that simple. Been playing all evening, no armor. (I even logged back out, in case it was a matter of 'you've been logged in since the system went online'. Played since then, too.)

I'll keep looking... but nothing yet.

Gui_PT

bobs99 ... said:
I was playing on Boardwalk, and had 10 skulls. I was literally seconds from the destination and was really excited. As I walked towards it, someone literally double beat me down then took ALL 10 skulls and walked like the centimeter to the destination and got a skullamanjaro.

I was so pissed. :lol

10 skulls. 2 steps away from scoring. Destination moved

RAGE!

bubnbob said:
That Egorapter is how I am during a game of Gruntpocalypse
playingreachm6dl.gif

gaf when swat wins the vote

Louis Wu

SolidEyeSystem said:

Bobs posted it awhile ago, except it's on Spire. Right clip?
Bingo, thanks!

Yeah, right clip, bad memory. :lol

bobs99 ... said:
OMG - that was me, and its gotten like a good 100 downloads just today, I dont understand how its gone so viral.

heres the clip:

Awesome beans. I don't know why it's gotten exciting to others - I just had someone tell me about a similar situation, and when I said I'd seen that, he wanted details. :lol

Ah yeah, I got excited and posted it on HBO aswell. The funny thing is I was literally doing that kind of thing all game, that was the wackiest game of Halo ive had ever. :lol

zewone said:
Yeah, my video is up to 1,366 downloads. I'm not sure how people are finding it since IGN spelled my name wrong.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3528766&player=zewonebeerleft

That was awesome. :lol

Gui_PT said:
10 skulls. 2 steps away from scoring. Destination moved

RAGE!

That happened to me in the beta, I think I was randomly matched up against Sai from Gaf that game - was pretty funny because Sai ended up getting the Skullamanjaro that game in the end lol.

Cynar

Blueblur1 said:
After 5 games of FF, I only have 8 assists. Fucking awesome Bungie.

plasma pistol near a bunch of people in rocket fight or just shoot a brute once and have your buddy finish him off. Took no time with friends.

Blueblur1

Cynar said:
plasma pistol near a bunch of people in rocket fight or just shoot a brute once and have your buddy finish him off. Took no time with friends.
Just got 5 during a Courtyard match by nailing Brutes and Elites. Map is small enough that teammates spawn and finished them off for once.

t4ng0

Headhunter can be a really great game to play with people of drastically different skill levels. If you get say 8 people in a match, we always had the good players only try to capture 10 skulls at a time. That way the poorer players get a fairly decent chance to win the game, and the good players have the challenge of everyone gunning for them once they get 3-4+ skulls. Awesome games if you stop paying attention to winning at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom