• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally bored during class today so I sketched out Emile for the hell of it. On the back of a worksheet no less. :lol
b1DuQ.jpg

I'm loving this game. Much better than both Halo 2 and 3.

ElRenoRaven

You know after playing with forge the last couple days I really see where there could have been some improvements made.

1. I would love to be able to place ground that has grass on it. Hell even a wall piece with stone or ground texture would work. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy.

2. Some circular pieces of ground or wall. That would help for when making some land surfaces. I could round them so that they were square.

3. I would also love a mass select to be able to move stuff all together. For example I create a base with some attachments on it. I could highlight that base and the items on it so I could move them all at once instead of piece by piece and reassembling it.

Those 3 additions and forge would have been amazing and I think would give us a lot more variety and better looking maps. Just some thoughts. I know they can't do that now however if they have anything like forge in their future series I'd love to see those features. Hell if 343's Halo games have a forge like setup I'd love to see them.

Hey You

PsychoRaven said:
You know after playing with forge the last couple days I really see where there could have been some improvements made.

1. I would love to be able to place ground that has grass on it. Hell even a wall piece with stone or ground texture would work. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy.

2. Some circular pieces of ground or wall. That would help for when making some land surfaces. I could round them so that they were square.
Have you tried using the Tin Cups ? (Forge world)

Red

Not sure how trueskill ranking works, but I was playing with my little brother a couple days ago (who is Onyx in team arena) and ended up bringing my k/d from 1.34 to 1.07 in about ten games. Ironically, did better in games when I was playing against him than in games I was playing with him.

Louis Wu

PsychoRaven said:
Tin cups? I haven't seen anything like that and I looked through everything well.

Is it mode specific?
Someone posted a map on HBO with grass - he said he used the golf holes (which are probably tin cups :D ), upside-down.

Sibylus

Banned
Man, Exodus on Legendary was far easier than my first play of it (on Heroic).
I horded Sniper and DMR ammo and just blew through most parts with not much stiff resistance. Even the shielded Chieftains weren't much trouble at all. Headshot weapons eat Brutes for breakfast, nom.

I also found an easy way to negotiate the double turret sequence. The highest walkway leads to an outside balcony, and you can look down on the turrets and toss down grenades. Easy peasy.

Red

Botolf said:
Man, Exodus on Legendary was far easier than my first play of it (on Heroic).
I horded Sniper and DMR ammo and just blew through most parts with not much stiff resistance. Even the shielded Chieftains weren't much trouble at all. Headshot weapons eat Brutes for breakfast, nom.

I also found an easy way to negotiate the double turret sequence. The highest walkway leads to an outside balcony, and you can look down on the turrets and toss down grenades. Easy peasy.
Needle rifle rips Brutes apart regardless of difficulty. A DMR will likewise be effective, but a constant 3-hit-anywhere supercombine elevates the NR.

Louis Wu

Botolf said:
I always leave the turrets till last. I've always got FRG ammo left (mostly because I've just killed that FRG Chieftan :D ), so strafing past the doorway lets me take out one at a time, without ever taking a hit.

Sibylus

Banned
Crunched said:
Needle rifle rips Brutes apart regardless of difficulty. A DMR will likewise be effective, but a constant 3-hit-anywhere supercombine elevates the NR.
True, I have plenty of love in my heart for the Needle Rifle as well. The pistol can be handy in a pinch as well.

The Assault Rifle ain't half bad on Legendary either (burst fired), I mainly use it on occasion to spray down enemies at medium range to conserve my precious precision ammo.

I can't take this game anymore. Playing with randoms is fucking awful. Haven't won a game for 5 matches in a row already. My last two were filled with completely idiotic teammates killing themselves, the other two were filled with lone wolf morons who don't understand team work. Is there a GAF Reach meet and greet thread for teams or something? This game gets filled with more and more idiots after ever sequel.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
It's under Gadgets>Toys>Tin Cup

Ah yup. I totally missed the toys and lights sections. That's not like me. Sadly you only have a limited number and that wouldn't be enough for what I need. That will help the tree growing through my new found level ground on a part of the map to look a little more natural at least.

Oh well. lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
Awesome! About time!

Oh so you are going to sprint into me and try to double melee me? fuck you, you're dead.

No, that's not awesome in any way. Now you will have people sprinting around instantly killing people.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Posted yet?

Here's the complete list of Playlist changes coming with the update tomorrow.

Alot more than I expected.
That's a big freaking list of updates. I'm impressed they can even change some of that stuff without a title update. 0_o

Parked at the top of the OP, for posterity. Between this and the mid-month update, Reach's playlists are getting one heck of an overhaul. Jeremiah's been busy.

What's up from changing the territory marker to a flag stand?

I miss Halo 2 Multiplayer maps. Maybe I am looking at them through rose tinted glasses but the vast majority of maps in Halo 2 were wonderful.

Headlong, Ascension, Midship, Lockout, Ivory Tower, Burial Mounds, Beaver Creek, Warlock, Relic, Terminal, Turf, Sanctuary, Coagulation, Gemini, Elongation, Containment, Turf, Backwash and Zanzibar. All fantastic.

Only Colossus, Waterworks, Desolation, and Foundation. Were poopy.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
That's a big freaking list of updates. I'm impressed they can even change some of that stuff without a title update. 0_o

Parked at the top of the OP, for posterity.

What exactly there is so mind blowing it would require a title update?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Juggernaut added to Rumble Pit... I approve of this. And maybe having a couple new gametypes in the mix will lessen the frequency of Infection/SafeHavens until they formally make a change.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
So the drop shield remains in CTF AND the flag return times weren't changed. Awesome.

The drop shield is only part of the problem. The major issue and has been since Halo 3 is that default objectives kill in 1 melee. It should be 2.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
What exactly there is so mind blowing it would require a title update?
I didn't say anything was mind blowing, I said I was impressed with the number of changes. It's a lot for only being out three weeks. When I think of playlist updates, I think of the kind of toggles to game types that we can make - flag return times for instance - new playlists, that sort of thing. I thought bugs involving host migration and how players spawn onto Mongeese during Race, for example, would require a title update. I'm glad to see they have the flexibility to fix issues like that so quickly.
Alienshogun said:
Hemmorage will still be broken because of the god awful sniper line of sight, and how often the weapon spawns.

Not only that, but the human sniper WRECKS the Wraiths. No one will bother using a Wraith after a day or two on that map.
Aye, there's nothing in the update to entice me into BTB, alas. I think it will take new maps or map variants to do that. Speaking of which, I'll try to polish off my map tonight and park it in file share to get beaten up on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hemmorage will still be broken because of the god awful sniper line of sight, and how often the weapon spawns.

Not only that, but the human sniper WRECKS the Wraiths. No one will bother using a Wraith after a day or two on that map. The bitching is about to be how crap vehicles are on the map, and how overpowered the sniper is.

Tashi0106 said:
The drop shield is only part of the problem. The major issue and has been since Halo 3 is that default objectives kill in 1 melee. It should be 2.

Why is this the case? MLG uses 2 hit beatdown for objects and ive never understood why? Im not being funny, im just really curious.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
You've clearly never actually hit someone with a skull in real life before.

That is a good point though. That would fix the drop shield being a problem. The flag return time is the biggest problem by far in Objective.

KevinRo

I finally beat the fucking game on Legendary by myself. Ughhhhhhhhh, first time I've ever used the plasma pistol as an actual gun rather than charging it up. I fucking hate the campaign now. Fucking legendary.

Blueblur1

Awesome. Let's put radar back into every gametype. Let's please the fuckin' babies.

And Crazy King is back. The absolute worst Halo 3 gametype, aside from Heavies, returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom