• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
Thagomizer said:

:lol

All of the random stuff you can do is so awesome in Reach. Gui, if we ever do 4 player Co-Op, guess who is going to get a space CDL and drive the truck?

Chorazin said:
Man, fuck Long Night of Solace on Legendary. Without all the PP's around, that'd be impossible!

I found it easier than my first (Heroic) playthrough. Though, I knew that there were Needler Rifles and that when Jorge lands inside the ship, you get extra ammo.

Scarecrow

thetrin said:
What exactly is the thinking behind not doing this from the beginning?
on that note, why not just do the changes on the fly instead of making a big deal about changing up the playlists?

it's frustrating. seems like the type of hooplah bungie likes to indulge in, like making a big deal about stuff floating in water.

Tadale

I would really like to know why Pro is coming out of the Arena. Why can't we have both Pro and Slayer DMRs as options? And if one has to come out, why does it have to be Pro? It's really going to sour the experience for me having to play with the armor abilities every time I want to play an arena match.

NH Apache

Banned
Tadale said:
I would really like to know why Pro is coming out of the Arena. Why can't we have both Pro and Slayer DMRs as options? And if one has to come out, why does it have to be Pro? It's really going to sour the experience for me having to play with the armor abilities every time I want to play an arena match.

It had radar which isn't traditional pro. I believe they have alluded to it coming back, but fixed, at a future time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Man I just put some real shitty Arena stats. I couldn't like grip the fucking controller properly because they're still messed up from gripping weights at the gym :lol Oh well.

Scarecrow

Neuromancer said:
How do you do an EMP with the GL?
when you fire the grenade, keep the trigger held down. when you let go of the trigger, the explosive will blow up manually in a green ball of usefulness.

NH Apache said:
It had radar which isn't traditional pro. I believe they have alluded to it coming back, but fixed, at a future time.
Oct playlist update:
-arena pro variants removed due to broken radar

Dec playlist update:
-arena pro variants no radar fixed

but bungie, why did this simple fix take so long?

"we had to make sure we had enough data and optimal play testing"

Unicorn

spermatic cord said:
Oct playlist update:

Dec playlist update:

but bungie, why did this simply fix take so long?

:lol

Daigoro

Tashi0106 said:
Man I just put some real shitty Arena stats. I couldn't like grip the fucking controller properly because they're still messed up from gripping weights at the gym :lol Oh well.
too pumped for Halo! :lol

Looks like I'm reaching that point in my Halo Reach career where my skills have peaked and everyone else has surpassed me. A few days ago, I had my first game in my life where I didn't get a single kill.

This happened with Halo 2 and 3 as well. I started out OK, but then I peaked early on while everyone else continued to get better.

I dunno...I guess I just don't "get" Halo. I mean, it's fun as hell, but I don't understand how all you people are so amazing at. I put in the time, but I just don't improve.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Man I just put some real shitty Arena stats. I couldn't like grip the fucking controller properly because they're still messed up from gripping burgers at McDonalds :lol Oh well.
Fixed. :p

GhaleonEB

Got Stockpile set up on Crossroads tonight, and did some final fine-tuning. One more pass tomorrow night and I'll park it in file share and pimp it in the Forge thread. Hoping for some good, brutal feedback.

There's nine flags on the map for Stockpile; four on each side (two in walking distance in <1 minute, two in driving distance), and the ninth here. I'm hoping for a few fun shootouts and accidents along the way to snagging it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
CRAZY KING IN RUMBLE PIT

FUCK YES
FUCK YES
FUCK YES.

WHY HAVENT INFECTION GAMETYPES LIKE SAVE HAVENS BEEN REMOVED ON ZEALOT
FUCK.

because they still want every game to be infection. unfortunate. my solo team slayer campaign continues!

Magni

Havok said:
That's how it was in Halo 2, but Halo 2 also had a really excellent system for varying melee damage: a base amount if you were standing still, a higher amount when running, and a one-hit-kill if you jumped with it and lunged down. I still think this is the best system, especially with the equipment like Bubble Shields and Regenerators that were brought into the game in 3. It added a layer of tension as the objective-carrying guy, but you were still powerful if you knew how to use it.

I've missed this since '07, I hate the new dumbed down Objective melee system. Oh well =(

That said, great changes for the most part. I'm still bitter at Arena radar though.. =/

whoever manages the playlist: thanks for allowing people to have bubble shields on command in objective game types like oddball. it's so much fun! i too enjoy staring contests and melee mashing fiestas

Seriously, I don't cuss too much, but what the fuck.

Slayer DMRs on Zealot. The ENTIRE other team is around 10-12 yrs old (what the fuck are they doing playing in the first place), and they all have jet packs and camp the top of the map in the low gravity section.

They all pop down at the same time and kill one person and once they have the lead at 3-0, they camp up there the ENTIRE match, doing the teabagging motion through the shield. Poor sportsmanship.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My circle of core Halo friends is about 5-6 people, and rather than play the usual Invasion or BTB, tonight we instead played Rumble Pit. It was actually a TON of fun. I now think that the way to play Rumble Pit is with a group, rather than alone.

1) You get to avoid randoms besides 1-2 people. Always a plus.

2) As a voting block we determined what we wanted to play. So we did SOME infection, but mostly other stuff all night.

3) Shit talking and tea-bagging with friends is fun. With strangers... it's just anti-social and overly aggressive.

4) Bonus points because I'm the best player of our group so I finished in the top half every game of the night :lol

IDK... it's sort of "business as usual" to stuff a rocket in the sword carrier's face on Reflection and take it from him. But when it's a buddy of yours and you can shout "how did that rocket taste Mike?!? Thx for the sword I'm going to win the game with it now" it is much more delicious.

Just about the only downside is that you don't get much cR for Rumble Pit. Although it feels like customs since matchmaking is only tossing 1-2 people in... so it's good we get any cR at all.

Ecotic

I'm going through the level New Alexandria with a hijacked Banshee instead of a Falcon, lol. Replaying it and trying different things is definitely fun, especially on legendary with the difficult skulls turned on.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Isn't it amusing how when you play with a douchebag, and you look at their gamer profile, they're "underground" and haven't even been on XBL for a year? Did all of these kids get their 360 when MW2 came out or something?

theultimo

vatstep said:
Isn't it amusing how when you play with a douchebag, and you look at their gamer profile, they're "underground" and haven't even been on XBL for a year? Did all of these kids get their 360 when MW2 came out or something?
Probably has a banned gamertag and that one is a new one.

ElRenoRaven

vatstep said:

I find the assholes I constantly play on live are from two zones. Those two zones are underground and pro. It never fails either.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
spermatic cord said:
Oct playlist update:

Dec playlist update:

but bungie, why did this simple fix take so long?

Changing up the gametypes in the middle of an arena season is counter-productive.

Does anyone know what happened to the rendered files being uploaded to youtube? I vaguely remember them doing this for Bungie Pro in the beta if I remember correctly.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
theultimo said:
Probably has a banned gamertag and that one is a new one.
That's probably the case a lot of the time, but I find it hard to believe that that many people get banned. The average douchey player is probably just a 12-year-old kid that only recently got their parents to buy them a 360.

Kapura

Banned
Who writes the captions for the tag and release? Is it urk? Because some of today's were awesome. I liked "My head, it burns, this helmet does nothing!" a lot.

One of them is mistitled though...

uncomfortable_thebludgeonator.jpg

"what is this I don't even"

It should be "butthole fishhooking yes"

Striker

vatstep said:
That's probably the case a lot of the time, but I find it hard to believe that that many people get banned. The average douchey player is probably just a 12-year-old kid that only recently got their parents to buy them a 360.
Probably yet another person with a new or alternate account. It's nothing new.

ElRenoRaven

You know though I'll never understand these people who get their accounts banned and then run out and buy another. Seriously why waste so much money just to be an asshole, mod, or hack etc to the point you get banned? That money could so be put to better use.

Veelk

Banned
Trasher said:
This is the epitome of frustration. If someone wants to render it for me :)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4981252&player=TJ Trasher

Edit: Lawl, I didn't post anything. Fail.

I really hate that spot. It's not really possible to counter a shotgun user whose camping there besides having the entire team zerg rush him. I don't get the point of this position the same way I never got the point of the closed off room where the sword spawns in The Pit. Is Bungie encouraging camping with these rooms?

Cynar

Generic said:
I really hate that spot. It's not really possible to counter a shotgun user whose camping there besides having the entire team zerg rush him. I don't get the point of this position the same way I never got the point of the closed off room where the sword spawns in The Pit. Is Bungie encouraging camping with these rooms?

I would just come from the other way, it's not difficult to flush someone out of that spot.

Just stopped for the night playing the co-op campaign on legendary with a buddy of mine.

Hot damn do I keep falling in love with this game. When you're not in the mood for campaign there are a dozen different ways to play multiplayer, all depending upon the size of your group and your mood. Not into multiplayer competitive? Play one of the varieties of Firefight or customize your own scenario. Feeling the itch to gain cR? Look up the challenges for the day/week. and get on that treadmill of headshots and asplosions.

Not in the mood for twitch? Mess around in Forge, download other creations, watch some video highlights. Boot up the saved film from a losing match and see how you got your ass kicked in excruciating yet instructive detail.

There is so just so damn much to this game. Its been over three weeks I've played this nearly every night and I still feel like there is a ton more to experiment with. And replaying campaign missions has been a joy, not just a challenge.

OK, that's all. Just had to gush for a bit and get it out of my system. I'm sure I'll find something to complain about tomorrow ;P

I just had an amazing thing happen while playing Snipers on boardwalk. As I try to kill two enemies, one sneaks behind me in an atempt to assassinate.. He would have succeeded but then his friend gives me much needed assistance. The end result is me getting two kills...But yeah, I got lucky :lol :lol

KevinRo

Cynar said:
I would just come from the other way, it's not difficult to flush someone out of that spot.

It's extremely hard to get top control or even fight for it back on that map if you're playing competent halo players. Extremely hard.

Veelk

Banned
Cynar said:
I've rarely seen someone camp right in front of the airlift like the gentleman in the video did. They usually wait on the side, which gives them a good view to anyone who is coming up from the side or the vent. You can't really throw grenades in there without getting a good leg in the room, by which point the guy rushes with the shotty and kills you. You pretty much need another person to help you if you want to survive an encounter with him. I cannot really recall an instance where someone took out a person hiding up there with no help whatsoever.

Trasher

Generic said:
I've rarely seen someone camp right in front of the airlift like the gentleman in the video did. They usually wait on the side, which gives them a good view to anyone who is coming up from the side or the vent. You can't really throw grenades in there without getting a good leg in the room, by which point the guy rushes with the shotty and kills you. You pretty much need another person to help you if you want to survive an encounter with him. I cannot really recall an instance where someone took out a person hiding up there with no help whatsoever.
It's fairly easy to grenade the room from the bridge, and it's even easier to flush them with the grenade launcher.

Oh, and the reason I was in front of the lift like that was because I could hear them coming up, and I knew they were bad enough to come up. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
spawning dani past the first gate on Boneyard, then dying and proceeding to spawn on him was the best 1:30 of my life :lol

"come on guys! cap it already!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom