• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to play tonight. I just noticed we're getting ASSAULT in Team Objective!

Finally get to play some bomb games in Reach! I miss the Halo 2 days where we got 40% CTF, 40% bomb, 10% king, 10% oddball.

The Lamonster said:
Can't wait to play tonight. I just noticed we're getting ASSAULT in Team Objective!

Finally get to play some bomb games in Reach! I miss the Halo 2 days where we got 40% CTF, 40% bomb, 10% king, 10% oddball.
I loved assault in halo 2, was so fun.

Chorazin

Dax01 said:
Very nice to see two campaign challenges for the day. Can't wait to get my hands on this game when I get back to my dorm.

Yeah, I'll probably punch through Nightfall tonight to get those Campain challenges. Should be a snap!

And get me most of the way to Captain, only 7300 cR to go!

the_prime_mover said:
It hasn't been updated for me yet (Canada, EST).

Thanks. I read on the b.net forums (yeah my mistake to begin with) that the SWAT playlist was up. Figured that wasn't the case or someone would have said.

Scarecrow said:
when you fire the grenade, keep the trigger held down. when you let go of the trigger, the explosive will blow up manually in a green ball of usefulness.
Wow thanks for the protip, I literally had no idea.

I was going to sign in and try out MM changes, but I ended up signing into forge to rotate some spawns.

An hour later I fixed a bunch of geometry bugs and added some fresh cover! New version going up to my file share on my lunch break.

Snipers on Countdown is ridiculous. I'm nowhere near good enough to play with such a precision weapon on a tiny map like that. I have a bad habit of zooming in with the shotty & sniper when in close quarter combat.

Speaking of which - any chance someone could render this for me? Nothing special, just me accidentally zooming in a few times and miraculously not dying.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4969351&player=SEN0R MachoSolo

PalaceBrother said:
Snipers on Countdown is ridiculous. I'm nowhere near good enough to play with such a precision weapon on a tiny map like that. I have a bad habit of zooming in with the shotty & sniper when in close quarter combat.

I do that as well, you might try enabling clench protection in the settings but it didn't help me much at all.

PalaceBrother said:

Speaking of which - any chance someone could render this for me? Nothing special, just me accidentally zooming in a few times and miraculously not dying.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4969351&player=SEN0R MachoSolo

There's an option to prevent that :). Look at "Clench protection" under controls.

zero margin said:
I do that as well, you might try enabling clench protection in the settings but it didn't help me much at all.

I had no idea, I'll give it a shot!

How does it differentiate between a legitimate stick press versus an accidental one?

Louis Wu

The Lamonster said:

Odd. I played 1-bomb assault last night in Objective. (On Cage. It sucked big-time.)

Shake Appeal said:
P.S. Bungie, I still don't have an updated Spartan, or an Arena percentile.
Me either. (Well, the Arena percentile makes sense; I haven't played enough games to get it. No Spartan, though. Updated or otherwise.)

Gui_PT said:
I don't know what else Bungie can do to fix the quitters problem, but something really has to be done =\
Give it time. In a few months the only people playing Reach will be the ones that actually want to play the games. I remember Halo 3 was like this too with quitters and it eventually smoothed out.

JB1981

Gui_PT said:
I don't know what else Bungie can do to fix the quitters problem, but something really has to be done =\

I think this is the worst case of quitting I've ever seen in an MP game.

Gui_PT

The Lamonster said:
Give it time. In a few months the only people playing Reach will be the ones that actually want to play the games. I remember Halo 3 was like this too with quitters and it eventually smoothed out.

Quitting in Halo 3 was awful. Even at the end.

JB1981 said:
I think this is the worst case of quitting I've ever seen in an MP game.

The biggest problem to me is that most of them quit in the pre-game lobby. "I don't feel like playing this. Fuck my team"

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
zero margin said:

wTf?!

awesome. my typical kill spree with shotty is stopped when I take a guys shield down, then decide to get out my binoculars and look above and to the right of him for a while, usually while he punches me to death.

Gui_PT said:

Turn up the force of the quit ban. It sounds like bungie turned it down some (DSL mentioned quitting 5 games with no warning, where it was 3 previously), I'd imagine because of early matchmaking issues, and the overactive betrayal penalty they made it a bit more lenient.

Hopefully it beefs up a bit more.

catfish said:
wTf?!

awesome. my typical kill spree with shotty is stopped when I take a guys shield down, then decide to get out my binoculars and look above and to the right of him for a while, usually while he punches me to death.

:lol
Truer words...

feel

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing when you're all excited because you finally got a good map and gametype, and then a couple of douches just quit 2 minutes in and ruin it.

Are the playlists updated?

PalaceBrother said:
I had no idea, I'll give it a shot!

How does it differentiate between a legitimate stick press versus an accidental one?

Honestly, great question! I have no idea how it works but I would be curious to find out as well. Might be why it didn't work so well for me.

catfish said:
wTf?!

yup, or rotating around another guy 1v1 and that split second you accidentally zoom is enough for him to kill you. So frustrating.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Letters said:
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing when you're all excited because you finally got a good map and gametype, and then a couple of douches just quit 2 minutes in and ruin it.

Are the playlists updated?

I feel really dirty when my worthless teammates quit and I'm on limited time cause I have to go out or something. Getting murdered 30 times by the other team as a point of honor takes AGES.

catfish said:
wTf?!

:lol

I do this too, but even with accidental clench prevention on. =(

Mikey Jr.

Gui_PT said:

Something glitched last night and I had to play 1 vs 4 on slayer. You think thats fun for me? I had to quit, 15 minutes of getting pounded is not fun. You're saying I should be penalized?

Everyones on the road to the highest credit rank. Steal 2000 credits per quit. You'll see noone fucking quitting.

They did it with EXP, but fucking NOTHING was linked to EXP in Halo 3 (no armors or whatnots). Besides some shitty bars that say you suck if you couldn't grab a 50.

th3dude

Gui_PT said:

What about some type of cR bonus for sticking it out when teamates quit? I was partied with a friend last night and we had too many cases of 4-2 when our teammates would quit almost right away, but we stuck it out (and lost honorably!).

I'm sure this could be gamed easily but some type of cR bonus would be nice in these cases.

xxjuicesxx said:
Everyones on the road to the highest credit rank. Steal 2000 credits per quit. You'll see noone fucking quitting.

They did it with EXP, but fucking NOTHING was linked to EXP in Halo 3 (no armors or whatnots). Besides some shitty bars that say you suck if you couldn't grab a 50.

Yes! I like this idea. Goes along with my idea of a cR bonus for remaining players, but would be easier to implement since it was in Halo 3.

Chorazin

xxjuicesxx said:

I agree, although I would start penalizing for your second quit of the day and each time after. Sometimes something happens and you just have to stop playing.

Also, if 50% of your team quits, they should institute a Forfeit option so you don't have to just take a balls deep rapening for 10 minutes.

Gui_PT

Mikey Jr. said:
Something glitched last night and I had to play 1 vs 4 on slayer. You think thats fun for me? I had to quit, 15 minutes of getting pounded is not fun. You're saying I should be penalized?

Y so serious? Did you read my post?

I meant mainly pre-lobby quitters. And some idiots that quit just because they lost a round.

m0ngo said:
Noooooooo. :(

Swat and snipers hardly gets voted for in big team but they are a nice change when they finally come around. Dissapointed to hear about the scorpion on hemorhage aswell, was so easy to counter with the sniper rifle. :/
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
I got Swat and Snipers almost ALL THE TIME. Just bad luck I guess.

Mik2121

sn1pes said:
What about some type of cR bonus for sticking it out when teamates quit? I was partied with a friend last night and we had too many cases of 4-2 when our teammates would quit almost right away, but we stuck it out (and lost honorably!).

I'm sure this could be gamed easily but some type of cR bonus would be nice in these cases.

Yes! I like this idea. Goes along with my idea of a cR bonus for remaining players, but would be easier to implement since it was in Halo 3.
Giving cR for doing something that everybody should do is not the way to do it. Take cR and (or) level rank off the quitters. First quit? -500 cR (so not only you don't get the cR for the match yo quit, you also lost most of the cR from the last game too), second quit -1000cR, third quit -2000cR, fourth quit -4000cR, etc, etc... and same for the required cR for ranking up. Have the quits reset every three days or so, so it lasts even longer and they think twice about quitting...

fuckers...

xxjuicesxx said:

I'd be OK with taking credits for repeat offenders, but you should be able to quit every now and then. Shit comes up sometimes you know?

How does trueskill work? When my friend plays alone he always does good but when he plays with me we get matched up against 4 skilled players. I can hold my own but when he plays with me he has no fun, shoudnt at least 1 person on their team be on his level?

Neuromancer said:
I'd be OK with taking credits for repeat offenders, but you should be able to quit every now and then. Shit comes up sometimes you know?

So what? Lose 500 hundreds credits when you quit. It's not the end of the world, and it's fair. For those that keep on quitting, it stacks up pretty fast.

Raiden

Banned
sn1pes said:

No, i can see your point but really no. Just make it plain old ruthless for quitters, massive pointsloss, drops in rank, bigger penalties etc.

And yeah it sucks if your connection just drops out, but i the end you punish your teammates as well, so get a stable internetconnection :p

I remember Splinter Cell on Xbox 1, if you quitted you would lose massive points that would often result in a level drop. Nobody quitted :lol

Littleberu said:
So what? Lose 500 hundreds credits when you quit. It's not the end of the world, and it's fair. For those that keep on quitting, it stacks up pretty fast.

Wrong.

Sure, penalize serial quitters, but you should get a few free quits here and there. And you should always get free quits in certain situations (such as when you're the only player left on your team).

cuevas said:
How does trueskill work? When my friend plays alone he always does good but when he plays with me we get matched up against 4 skilled players. I can hold my own but when he plays with me he has no fun, shoudnt at least 1 person on their team be on his level?
I have a theory that when you party up with friends, it looks for games with opponents equal to the skill of the best person in your party (may be more related to in-game rank than Truskill though).

Because in my Bad Company 2 days, I did OK on my own but when I played with my buddy who was better and higher ranked than me, I would get crushed.

divisionbyzorro said:
Wrong.

Sure, penalize serial quitters, but you should get a few free quits here and there. And you should always get free quits in certain situations (such as when you're the only player left on your team).

Agreed. When I'm up the only member of my team left against 4 snipers on Paradiso I should be allowed to quit.

Mik2121

Neuromancer said:
Losing only 500 shouldn't be a big deal, and even if "shit comes up sometimes", you are still making it harder for your ex-teammates to fight against the other team, and the -500 might prevent many people from quiting just for whatever minor (and lame) reason.

Also have it so that if you stay idle for 3 minutes you get kicked from the game (and count like if you quit, so you get the -500). If you repeatedly do that shit, -1000, -2000, -4000, -8000, -16000 (!!) etc.. should be just about fair.

Have it reset everyday (instead of every 3 days like I said on my last post) and you would see a lot less quitters.

Littleberu said:
Eh, 500 cR is still a kick in the dick in the balls. I stand by the punish-the-repeat-offender idea with a little leniency for normal people.

Having an option to forfeit when you're the last one on your team is also a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom