• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I'm done playing multiplayer matchmaking in this game without a party.

First game was Team Snipers on Pinnacle (already barf inducing to begin with) and two of my teammates quit right at the start while this guy on the other team who is obviously a pretty good shot is running around the map showboating.

Second game was Slayer Pro on Zealot and two of my teammates just camped in the low grav area for nearly the entire match. They weren't camping and waiting for people to come up for easy kills either, they were just plain old hiding. I have no idea why. Call me an ass but I personally went up there and stuck em. If they don't have mics then that's my way of saying play the fucking game.

Frustrating as all hell. If anyone on GAF wants to spare me of this mockery of Halo then hit me up. I'm always looking for some decent folks to play with.

Not really liking Zealot at all. Reminds me of Orbital and how going in a group and throwing nades + headshot was the only way to get a kill.

Sai-kun said:
spawning dani past the first gate on Boneyard, then dying and proceeding to spawn on him was the best 1:30 of my life :lol

"come on guys! cap it already!"
The huge and lame problem with that is you then expect 4 gimped elites to capture the point against most likely 6 spartans, yeah nice way to let your team down if they fail at the first wave.

Barrow Roll said:
Yeah I think I'm done playing multiplayer matchmaking in this game without a party.

First game was Team Snipers on Pinnacle (already barf inducing to begin with) and two of my teammates quit right at the start while this guy on the other team who is obviously a pretty good shot is running around the map showboating.

Second game was Slayer Pro on Zealot and two of my teammates just camped in the low grav area for nearly the entire match. They weren't camping and waiting for people to come up for easy kills either, they were just plain old hiding. I have no idea why. Call me an ass but I personally went up there and stuck em. If they don't have mics then that's my way of saying play the fucking game.

Frustrating as all hell. If anyone on GAF wants to spare me of this mockery of Halo then hit me up. I'm always looking for some decent folks to play with.

This was a problem in H3 that solved itself once you got a higher TS level and you got matched up with better players.

goddamn please fix the betrayal system. today some asshole on my team spent an entire game of one flag draining our shields which promptly led us to our doom.

in halo 2 if you did that crap didn't it still count as a betrayal? i can't remember.

Mik2121

Hey, did I miss the part where Urk (or anyone else) explained why Forky or the other cargo vehicles aren't available on Forge?

Sean

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
goddamn please fix the betrayal system. today some asshole on my team spent an entire game of one flag draining our shields which promptly led us to our doom.

in halo 2 if you did that crap didn't it still count as a betrayal? i can't remember.

Didn't count in Halo 2 either. I remember asshole teammates used to stand near me and spray me with SMG if I got the sniper rifle before them on Coagulation… getting shot would unzoom your scope and shit making it impossible to snipe, annoying as fuck.

Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Gunslinger - 400cR

Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Iron With Friends - 750cR

Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron Skull on.

There Are Many Like... - 100cR

Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Raide

Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Gunslinger 400cR
Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Iron With Friends 750cR
Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron Skull on.

There Are Many Like... 1000cR
Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Edit: stolen! :lol

There are many like and Iron with friends are way not worth the time, i'll be getting my kills in invasion as normal, two goals with one stone!

Reading through the matchmaking changes - http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50197793

Lots of good changes.

Pros:

Team Slayer
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Classic

Team SWAT (New!)
* Removed Hemorrhage
* Replaced Zealot with Arena Zealot map variant

Team Objective
* Added Crazy King
* Added several gametypes on Powerhouse (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Crazy King, 3 Plots)

Multi Team
* Added Rocket Race - woo!

Big Team Battle
* Added Crazy King
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Snipers from Boneyard

GAMETYPES

Global Changes
* All Classic gametypes should now include Sprint as default equipment

Invasion (Assault) and Assault
* Added sudden death to Invasion (Assault) and Assault gametypes

* Evade has replaced Dropshield for gametypes which create concentrated gameplay in specific areas (Crazy King, Territories, Oddball)

Cons:

Hemorrhage
* Scorpions replaced with Wraiths (4 minute respawn)
We just need rockets and maybe a laser to balance it - in customs the other day it was getting reasonably well balanced just by that damned annoying sniper getting me 3 times :lol (sorry I forgot who it was) - I just don't like the wraith though, it fires too slow and I can never hit anything with that damned arc meaning any flag carrying vehicles always get away from me - at least it can boost to get splatters.

Miss you Scorpy - pissed Zayne off so much the other day using one :lol

* Evade has replaced Hologram for all gametypes in which players can hold objects (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Oddball)
* Evade has replaced Dropshield for gametypes which create concentrated gameplay in specific areas (Crazy King, Territories, Oddball)
Dropshield being gone is good news actually, but I'm not a fan of Spartan evade, Elites are big enough that you can still follow them reasonably well when they roll - also as Shake asked, what was the issue with Hologram and carryable objects?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
had a weird bug last night, it looked like I got credit reset (I don't ever and have never boosted anything)

I was really pissed, but I think my trueskill thing got reset as well.

I got put in a match on asylum and I went on a huge tear, scored a rampage, got a killing spree a sword spree AND a sniper spree all in the same life.

Then the credits/ranking etc magically fixed themselves and I was back on my level.

It was fun as hell :lol felt like halo god for a minute.

True skill obviously works, when you take out the quitting bitches and just go players vs players there are some good tight matches there.

Gui_PT

Darkflight said:
also as Shake asked, what was the issue with Hologram and carryable objects?

I assume it's an easy getaway? If someone starts shooting, you can just Evade into cover and wait for your whole team to get there. That's the only reason I can think of.

Sean

Banned
There are Many Like challenge is easy, just play Nightfall on Normal and you'll get it guaranteed. Takes like ~20 mins (BR + Needle Rifle counts as precision). Will also get you most of the way towards the Shootin' and Lootin' challenge, would only need like 20 more kills I think (cough target locator trick cough).

Sweet, glad to see that drop shield has been removed from oddball. Maybe now the Cage will actually be playable on that mode.

Too bad snipers wasn't removed from the Slayer playlists.

All in all, seems like a great changelog and if it does roll out today then I am even happier that I have the day off.

mil6es

How is the single player on reach, I dont much care for Halo MP but i've always kinda liked the SP, so is it actually good? also how long is it??

catfish said:
had a weird bug last night, it looked like I got credit reset (I don't ever and have never boosted anything)

I was really pissed, but I think my trueskill thing got reset as well.

I got put in a match on asylum and I went on a huge tear, scored a rampage, got a killing spree a sword spree AND a sniper spree all in the same life.

Then the credits/ranking etc magically fixed themselves and I was back on my level.

It was fun as hell :lol felt like halo god for a minute.

True skill obviously works, when you take out the quitting bitches and just go players vs players there are some good tight matches there.

The same thing happened to me and a friend of mine, I restarted my xbox out of fear that playing a game would 'save' the settings.

mil6es said:
How is the single player on reach, I dont much care for Halo MP but i've always kinda liked the SP, so is it actually good? also how long is it??

It's very good, if you like Halo. Probably around 8-10 hours on Heroic I'd say. Your milage may vary.

Gui_PT

mil6es said:

Many say it's best than Halo CE. IMO, if it's not better, it's right there at the top with CE.

Edit: 4528 cR for Nightfall on Normal :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bobs99 ... said:
The same thing happened to me and a friend of mine, I restarted my xbox out of fear that playing a game would 'save' the settings.

I can confirm that it doesn't. It was weird though, I thought bungie thought I was a dirty credit booster or something.

Dabanton

mil6es said:

It's the best SP since Halo:CE imo.

Very varied and amazing fun even more with co-op.

urk said:
How dirty are your feet?

Oh fuck. That's why i didn't mention any fellatio.

I just need to know, where in the HELL did he get all that Grenade Launcher ammo? I know you spawn with a decent amount, but you can't restock it at the ammo station can you? Oh well.

These posts will go unnoticed by the general public. I will be safe.

:D

Numpt3

Big Team Battle
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Snipers from Boneyard

Noooooooo. :(

Swat and snipers hardly gets voted for in big team but they are a nice change when they finally come around. Dissapointed to hear about the scorpion on hemorhage aswell, was so easy to counter with the sniper rifle. :/

m0ngo said:

Swat and snipers hardly gets voted for in big team but they are a nice change when they finally come around. Dissapointed to hear about the scorpion on hemmorage aswell, was so easy to counter with the sniper rifle. :/
Not sure if serious...

Scarecrow said:
when you fire the grenade, keep the trigger held down. when you let go of the trigger, the explosive will blow up manually in a green ball of usefulness.

What? Mind blown.

I have been using the grenade launcher more often lately. I love that it requires a bit more thinking then the other "power" weapons. Also wish it was on more maps.

Louis Wu

Church RvB said:
I just need to know, where in the HELL did he get all that Grenade Launcher ammo? I know you spawn with a decent amount, but you can't restock it at the ammo station can you? Oh well.
Yep, you can.

Trasher

Church RvB said:
Oh fuck. That's why i didn't mention any fellatio.

These posts will go unnoticed by the general public. I will be safe.

:D
Yeah you can actually.

Edit: WUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *shakes fist*

BlueScrote said:
What? Mind blown.

I have been using the grenade launcher more often lately. I love that it requires a bit more thinking then the other "power" weapons. Also wish it was on more maps.
Compared to the beta the EMP blast doesn't hurt enemies or other players much any more, so it's only useful for some splash damage assist or stunning vehicles.

m0ngo said:

Swat and snipers hardly gets voted for in big team but they are a nice change when they finally come around. Dissapointed to hear about the scorpion on hemorhage aswell, was so easy to counter with the sniper rifle. :/
Problem there is that people who horde the sniper go for headshots instead of shooting a tank, which in theory sounds like a waste of sniper ammo.

Again, why does the human sniper kill a tank in 5 shots while the focus rifle does about 10% damage per full blast? yet more imba.

Jb

m0ngo said:
Am sure am serious. :D
They hardly get voted? Are you kidding me?
Swat and snipers are terrible mode because they take away everything that makes halo mp fun and reduce it to a camp fest.

I keep forgetting to save videos and put them in my file share. Sniped two guys in a row from the passenger's seat of the Revenant the other day and forgot to capture it. Damn it.

So I tied a game 50-50. Anyone else manage that? Super intense game, super awesome. BTW how the hell can anyone think Halo 3 is better than Reach? This game plays so good. Probably going to be my favorite Halo actually.

Chorazin

Jay-B said:
Swat and snipers are terrible mode because they take away everything that makes halo mp fun and reduce it to a camp fest.

Preach on brotha! You speak the WORD!

winnar.png

21 people sent me messages and the winner of the Legendary crap is NH Apache. Everyone else, well you are a bunch of losers. Sucks to be you. :D

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Jay-B said:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom