• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they could institute a first quit free for every week or something.

I actually think I've only quit one game so far in Reach (been disconnected when my internet went out for a second quit too) and that was because the rest of my team had already quit and I wasn't about to sit around for ten minutes just to get shit on repeatably. Something about this game makes me wanna actually play it instead of spawn with AR on Crapalanche, run 15 seconds to some random vehicle bullshit, die, and repeat, then quit.

feel

Nice idea, with how attached people are getting to gaining credits, losing credits for quitting would be an effective deterrent. With free quits for when your team has half the players as the other team.

Where's the playlist update bungie?

Mik2121

Neuromancer said:
Eh, 500 cR is still a kick in the dick in the balls. I stand by the punish-the-repeat-offender idea with a little leniency for normal people.

Having an option to forfeit when you're the last one on your team is also a good idea.
Being able to forfeit if you are last on your team (or, the game simply finishing right after the 3rd teammate leaves) should be done, but the free quits... no. Getting a -500cR sucks, but you can recover it on your next game, and that will stop the many quitters that just quit because they are losing or whatever bullshit.

NH Apache

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
winnar.png

21 people sent me messages and the winner of the Legendary crap is NH Apache. Everyone else, well you are a bunch of losers. Sucks to be you. :D

BWAH HA HA!

I never win anything!

THANKS JUICES! HIRE JUICES!!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
xxjuicesxx said:
Maybe they could institute a first quit free for every week or something.

NO penalty everytime. If your connection dies or something well that sucks. But legit people won't take such a hit for it. Remove your last credit score from the previous round after a quit. Make it a 'credit penalty' while tallying your credits in the postgame of the next complete game. Make the numbers count up first, then introduce the penalty and watch em count down! Repeat offenders get a multiplier added!

There is nothing worse that getting fuuuucked with a massive -K/D ratio because you stuck it out and had to eat 20 extra kills (If you're outmatched AND outnumbered, which with truskill should happen often)

Or perhaps they should just keep tabs on the serial quitters and force them into matchmaking with each other. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine :lol

Mik2121 said:
Being able to forfeit if you are last on your team (or, the game simply finishing right after the 3rd teammate leaves) should be done, but the free quits... no. Getting a -500cR sucks, but you can recover it on your next game, and that will stop the many quitters that just quit because they are losing or whatever bullshit.

Agreed. It's nothing to get -500 cR, but, like I said, when you have the habit to quit multiple games in the same day, it stacks up pretty fast.

And the case of being the only one versus 4 guys won't happen as much, theoretically.

xxjuicesxx said:
Everyones on the road to the highest credit rank. Steal 2000 credits per quit. You'll see noone fucking quitting.

They did it with EXP, but fucking NOTHING was linked to EXP in Halo 3 (no armors or whatnots). Besides some shitty bars that say you suck if you couldn't grab a 50.

That wouldnt solve much. Then you would just have people hiding and going afk.

divisionbyzorro said:
Or perhaps they should just keep tabs on the serial quitters and force them into matchmaking with each other. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine :lol

That might create alt's like wah I keep getting paired with quitters, I'm gonna start a new account. Boosting too, drop a hundred quits go into arena, be forced to match with that "other guy" (your friend and alt account) who also "dropped" a hundred games.

Just penalize the crap out of them. "Sure you can quit our game, but you're never gunna have electricity flowing through your armor"...shit like that.

divisionbyzorro said:
I think this is a great idea. :lol

Honestly I'm surprised to see the anger at quitters on here. Try to keep in mind it's just a game. I've been a victim of mass quitting too, and it sucks, but let's get some perspective here.

This is already not the friendliest game for new players (and this will only get worse as time goes on). Penalizing people for the first time they quit, for whatever reason, is going to turn off a lot of people I think.

Mik2121

bobs99 ... said:
That wouldnt solve much. Then you would just have people hiding and going afk.
kick the idlers too (~2 minutes without moving nor shooting) and have it count as a quit.

And no, the problem is most people quit because they are losing and will usually jump straight onto another game. Not that many people quit because they have to do something else.

Mik2121

Neuromancer said:
I think this is a great idea. :lol

Honestly I'm surprised to see the anger at quitters on here. Try to keep in mind it's just a game. I've been a victim of mass quitting too, and it sucks, but let's get some perspective here.

This is already not the friendliest game for new players (and this will only get worse as time goes on). Penalizing people for the first time they quit, for whatever reason, is going to turn off a lot of people I think.
Hey, if it's a game I guess we could then just ban the quitters for a whole day after the second quit, right? I mean, again, it's game.. let the people that actually wants to play it, enjoy it like they should.

But really, the "it's a game" thing is just bullshit. So because it's a game I have to keep up with all this people fucking around and not letting me enjoy what I paid for?

(edit - wops, sorry for the double post)

Is there anything in place to stop people from just leaving their 360 on in matchmaking and just idling in game after game, accruing cR?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Neuromancer said:
Is there anything in place to stop people from just leaving their 360 on in matchmaking and just idling in game after game, accruing cR?
Yup.

Neuromancer said:
I have a theory that when you party up with friends, it looks for games with opponents equal to the skill of the best person in your party (may be more related to in-game rank than Truskill though).

Because in my Bad Company 2 days, I did OK on my own but when I played with my buddy who was better and higher ranked than me, I would get crushed.

For a game that has its roots in friends playing together you think halo would make playing with them an enjoyable experience.

Neuromancer said:
Awesome, to me that's worse than people quitting.
Agreed. That was a Halo 3 feature I was hoping wouldn't show up in this game (automatically queuing you into the next game).

The best was Halo 2 how you could sit in the carnage report indefinitely and talk shit to the other team. Or make friends with them. I remember we used to sit in there for ages just chatting with strangers. Oh, good times...

Raiden

Banned
Neuromancer said:

Wow, so that means the game does not have a system that kicks idle players? :lol What a joke, after so much experience you think they would figure it out by now.

Neuromancer said:

After like 2 games idle you get knocked back to the menus. I know from experience when I got called away and was halfway through a Race game so I left it rather than quit, expecting to be a minute at most.

Came back and the Race had finished and I'd apparently been in another game after that but had a message saying I'd been put back to the menu cause I'd been idle.

randomlyrossy said:
After like 2 games idle you get knocked back to the menus. I know from experience when I got called away and was halfway through a Race game so I left it rather than quit, expecting to be a minute at most.

Came back and the Race had finished and I'd apparently been in another game after that but had a message saying I'd been put back to the menu cause I'd been idle.
Should be just 1 game of being idle. Or just don't auto queue us back into matchmaking. It's annoying as shit because I can't spend more than 10 seconds looking at the carnage report.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Raiden said:
Wow, so that means the game does not have a system that kicks idle players? :lol What a joke, after so much experience you think they would figure it out by now.
APOLOGISE NOW

The Lamonster said:
Should be just 1 game of being idle. Or just don't auto queue us back into matchmaking. It's annoying as shit because I can't spend more than 10 seconds looking at the carnage report.
Why don't you back out into the lobby and press select....err "back"?

cwmartin

The Lamonster said:
Why should I change, the system's the one that sucks.

You can hit back at any number of times, lobby, in matchmaking queue, while your voting for another map, ample to time to look at mostly useless info.

The Lamonster said:
Why should I change, the system's the one that sucks.
So you want everyone to sit waiting for you to see your stats before they can play another game? The time before the next match starts is plenty for me to look at my k/d , see how many headshots I got, and see how bad my team did. The system keeps games going and I think its pretty good.

cwmartin said:
You can hit back at any number of times, lobby, in matchmaking queue, while your voting for another map, ample to time to look at mostly useless info.
Imagine this scenario:

Capture the flag. 30 seconds remaining. Score is 0-0. Teammate with a shotty sneaks into the enemy base and grabs the flag. I pick him up on the 'goose. OMG we scored the flag in sudden death! Game over! Oh shit, my Ramen is done cooking and I have to pee. Hey my cats are scratching on the couch. Quit it! Whoops, my girlfriend just got home and she needs a kiss.

Anyway, back to Halo... oh wait a second. I'm already queued into a new game wtfisthisshit.com

cwmartin

The Lamonster said:
Imagine this scenario:

Capture the flag. 30 seconds remaining. Score is 0-0. Teammate with a shotty sneaks into the enemy base and grabs the flag. I pick him up on the 'goose. OMG we scored the flag in sudden death! Game over! Oh shit, my Ramen is done cooking and I have to pee. Hey my cats are scratching on the couch. Quit it! Whoops, my girlfriend just got home and she needs a kiss.

Anyway, back to Halo... oh wait a second. I'm already queued into a new game wtfisthisshit.com

What possible information would you need from the carnage report? Congrats! You won the match!

The Lamonster said:
Imagine this scenario:

Back the fuck out, you are making things way too complicated. Every game does this and only halo keeps the stats for you to look at later if they mean that much to you.

Zel3

I'm about to get 2 gold matchmaking commendations and they're all gonna go to waste. This is the punishment I get for playing the game too much. :-(

Chorazin

Zel3 said:
I'm about to get 2 gold matchmaking commendations and they're all gonna go to waste. This is the punishment I get for playing the game too much. :-(

Yeah....maybe you need to step away from the Xbox. There's a place called outside where you can go and matchmake with actual, physical people.

Aggrotek

Zel3 said:
There is speculation that all the credits you earn still go towards Commander if you are a Lt. Colonel.

Load up your account offline, load reach, and look at your Rank progression. It'll show your progression towards Commander. This hasn't been confirmed, but it seems like a good indication.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Lamonster said:
Imagine this scenario:

AHA! Ramen-age thread in disguise.

Zel3

Chorazin said:
Yeah....maybe you need to step away from the Xbox. There's a place called outside where you can go and matchmake with actual, physical people.

I'm not going to take my chances, I could end up playing Infection!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Lamonster said:
(and stealth bragging about having a girlfriend)
That was actually what I was referencing. D:=

Decided to go a different route, I had also considered the cat.

Kapura

Banned
Chorazin said:
PREFER GOOD CONNECT AND PLAYERS OF SIMILAR HALO SKILL

My irl pool is shrinking :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Chorazin said:

Alternatively, Castlevania came out today.

Gui_PT

So, if you get to Lt. Colonel Grade 3 will you not earn any more credits? Or do you earn them but you just don't rank up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom