• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
McBradders said:
HD remake of CE with this engine plz, Bungie. I would pay $100 for such orgasmic lovelyness.
They could do it too - Just use the original audio they recorded of the main characters, add some new dialogue in for new supplementary marines, and they could save some $$ on voice acting.

Other than that, it would require AT LEAST 1 year to finish this project. They have the general design of the entire campaign laid out, so that saves some time, but would probably want to go back to the drawing board for the Library :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Major Williams said:
They could do it too - Just use the original audio they recorded of the main characters, add some new dialogue in for new supplementary marines, and they could save some $$ on voice acting.

Other than that, it would require AT LEAST 1 year to finish this project. They have the general design of the entire campaign laid out, so that saves some time, but would probably want to go back to the drawing board for the Library :lol

No. Untouched other than graphics plz.

ManCannon

Shake Appeal said:
urk, since you're clearly sitting in work right now, be a dear and flip the update switch, wouldya?

Urk is technically on vacation. Yeah, reading and posting in Gaf is how he spends his time away from work too. :)

As long as the Test Gods are smiling upon us, the update should get deployed "within the hour." I'll spread the word as soon as it's live and verified.

Ballistik

Wasn't there this idea that when all your teammates would quit, the timer would go to sudden death to finish the game quickly? Is there a reason why this isn't implemented?

feel

ManCannon said:
Urk is technically on vacation.
Amazing update coming this next Friday, confirmed.

ManCannon said:
As long as the Test Gods are smiling upon us, the update should get deployed "within the hour." I'll spread the word as soon as it's live and verified.
f5f5f5f5f5

Hugbot

Cuban Legend said:
ya. am interested.

Anyone got any hints to a level in Campaign where its easy to get "Precision weapon Kills"?
Rally Point Bravo (I think? The one with the closing door segment.) on Winter Contingency is pretty easy, it gives you a DMR and a good rate of grunts and jackals.

Edit: Or Nightfall, lol. For some reason "Sniper Rifle" didn't even occur to me.

Kujo

The quitting penalty is fine as is. I think if someone's gonna quit, they're gonna quit. If someone lags out because of a shitty host they shouldn't be put in the same group.

If you're the last person left on your team, the game should give you a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo, it's only fair.

LiK

Mojo said:
The quitting penalty is fine as is. I think if someone's gonna quit, they're gonna quit. If someone lags out because of a shitty host they shouldn't be put in the same group.

If you're the last person left on your team, the game should give you a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo, it's only fair.

or bonus credits if you survive for a while.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Quitters receiving penalties is fine, but it just stops them from screwing someone else over for 15 minutes. But say I'm the last guy on my team in Arena and Its probably screwing with my record. Give me a screen like the betrayal one if I wanna forfeit or keep going.

edit: even if its not screwing with my record, it's really not fun at all.

JB1981

Anyone else feel a little disappointed by the campaign? The ending was kind of anti-climactic to me? I was hoping for - I don't know - a more epic send-off to the series. I enjoyed the game and I intend on playing it again on Legendary difficulty but overall, I think I was left a bit disappointed.

TommyT

LAUGHTREY said:
Quitters receiving penalties is fine, but it just stops them from screwing someone else over for 15 minutes. But say I'm the last guy on my team in Arena and Its probably screwing with my record. Give me a screen like the betrayal one if I wanna forfeit or keep going.

edit: even if its not screwing with my record, it's really not fun at all.

So how about a screen that just comes up when the game is no fun.

Tadale

I'm nearing Lt. Colonel Grade 3 just from steady play and challenges, and I'm not looking forward to being at the cap and not making level progress. As much as I love just playing the game, it's that extra boost from ranking up and earning new armor that keeps me looking at the challenges every day and playing those extra rounds.

LiK said:
or bonus credits if you survive for a while.
Seriously!

When everyone on my team quit to make it 4v1, the score was 30-15 (their advantage). When the game finished, it was 48-45 (they won).

I didn't get any 'extra' credit for almost slapping their entire team and begin stressed out for nearly 6 minutes with no help. So stressful. A little bonus would have made me want to stay in the game even more.

vhfive

ManCannon said:
Urk is technically on vacation. Yeah, reading and posting in Gaf is how he spends his time away from work too. :)

:D :D :D

Urk should go on vacation more often ;P

Tadale said:
I'm nearing Lt. Colonel Grade 3 just from steady play and challenges, and I'm not looking forward to being at the cap and not making level progress. As much as I love just playing the game, it's that extra boost from ranking up and earning new armor that keeps me looking at the challenges every day and playing those extra rounds.
I think the cap will be updated today with the new playlist update? Was that just urban legend?

Hugbot

Tadale said:
Yeah, the whole hard cap on levels currently is a weird choice at best. They either discourage playing right now because what you earn doesn't carry over after the unlock, or it carries over and the cap is effectively pointless. They've mentioned something "we need to do" to unlock the later ranks, but they haven't said dick as far as I know as to whether it's a community goal or an individual one, and certainly haven't said what it is.

I imagine being at the cap is pretty frustrating as there's no real indication of when or how it gets lifted or if experience will carry over. I imagine it will, but it certainly raises the "why bother with the cap in the first place" question.

LiK

Major Williams said:
Seriously!

When everyone on my team quit to make it 4v1, the score was 30-15 (their advantage). When the game finished, it was 48-45 (they won).

I didn't get any 'extra' credit for almost slapping their entire team and begin stressed out for nearly 6 minutes with no help. So stressful. A little bonus would have made me want to stay in the game even more.

indeed, was playing Team Slayer 4v4 SWAT and 2 guys dropped right after it started but me and another guy managed to pwn the entire team and win. but no bonus credits for our effort.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Major Williams said:
I think the cap will be updated today with the new playlist update? Was that just urban legend?

Cap is being increased, but not this week. I expect it in November with the DLC that will probably release to combat COD. Just speculation though.

Numpt3

Jay-B said:
They hardly get voted? Are you kidding me?

Whenever I play big team (most of the time) I'd say that out of about twenty matches swat and snipers get chosen maybe 3/4 times. Must be the time I play in the UK and the people that are on or whatever...

cwmartin

LiK said:
indeed, was playing Team Slayer 4v4 SWAT and 2 guys dropped right after it started but me and another guy managed to pwn the entire team and win. but no bonus credits for our effort.

Bonus credits is a bad idea, you don't deserve a bonus for playing the game. You started up halo, and played halo.

ManCannon said:

I don't know why I'm so excited about an update that barely affects me (well, except for fucking me over with Gruntpocolypse), but I am. God help me

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If your teammates quit out, too bad. Tough shit. Find some people who don't quit to play with.

LiK

cwmartin said:
Bonus credits is a bad idea, you don't deserve a bonus for playing the game. You started up halo, and played halo.

you don't deserve bonus for doing well? the game already gives out a Performance bonus. why not more for doing well when you're outnumbered?

Tashi0106 said:
If your teammates quit out, too bad. Tough shit. Find some people who don't quit to play with.

genius.

JB1981 said:
Anyone else feel a little disappointed by the campaign? The ending was kind of anti-climactic to me? I was hoping for - I don't know - a more epic send-off to the series. I enjoyed the game and I intend on playing it again on Legendary difficulty but overall, I think I was left a bit disappointed.
I loved it and thought it was the best Halo yet (I didn't play much of 1 or 2 though), and I've already played through it 3 times (regular, heroic and legendary co-op) and slowly working on my legendary solo. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Tashi0106 said:
Bungie, hire this man!

Hey You

Chorazin said:
Blocked at work. Summary?

Sign-ups are now underway for the annual Fight Like a Girl Halo tournament to help fight cancer. Play Halo: Reach AND contribute to a good cause? Sounds like a no-brainer!

The tournament itself will take place on Oct. 23 and 24th - just 18 days from now - with four different events taking place.

Halo: Reach FFA Double Elimination Tournament

Halo: Reach 2v2 Double Elimination Tournament

Halo: Reach 4 Player Firefight Matchmaking (starts 10/22)

Halo: Reach "Play with Bungie" Event

All proceeds from the 2010 FLAG Tournament will benefit the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and NCCC.

To register for an event, get more information or simply donate to a good cause, check out the official site.

LiK

Neuromancer said:
I loved it and thought it was the best Halo yet (I didn't play much of 1 or 2 though), and I've already played through it 3 times (regular, heroic and legendary co-op) and slowly working on my legendary solo. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

yea, loved the ending, esp the aftercredits.

Alienshogun said:
Cap is being increased, but not this week. I expect it in November with the DLC that will probably release to combat COD. Just speculation though.

November? I think that would be a mistake to wait that long honestly. Why it's not being raised today is honestly beyond me. A ranking system where you can't rank up. lol. I don't get some of the decisions that were made with this game in other aspects either though.

Tashi0106 said:
I like playing invasion and there's not many times when 6 friends are online and willing to play along also, having two people on your team quit because you "lost" the first wave can get annoying.

Not everyone on xbox live has the luxury's of a filled up friends list, and tbh I find playing wiht the same people for 1+ month becomes a bit stale after a while, playing randoms is awesome when no one quits and everyone plays.

LiK said:
you don't deserve bonus for doing well? the game already gives out a Performance bonus. why not more for doing well when you're outnumbered?

Because that would be a nice way to boost the score. If there's a bonus, there should be a penalty to those who quit. I could just team up with 3 guys and quit and let him have a bonus.

I like playing invasion and there's not many times when 6 friends are online and willing to play along also, having two people on your team quit because you "lost" the first wave can get annoying.

That's why Invasion should be "joinable" in-game. I'm not sure how possible it is, though.

LiK

Littleberu said:
Because that would be a nice way to boost the score. If there's a bonus, there should be a penalty to those who quit. I could just team up with 3 guys and quit and let him have a bonus.

what i mean is that the bonus would be for if you did well or won the match. not because you happen to be outnumbered and constantly dying or lost the match. i doubt the other team would let you win unless they're really nice.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Diablohead said:

Not everyone on xbox live has the luxury's of a filled up friends list, and tbh I find playing with the same people for 1+ month becomes a bit stale after a while, playing randoms is awesome when no one quits and everyone plays.

Really? I've played with like 6 different people over the last 2 years of Halo 3 and now Reach. I love playing with the same people. You adapt to each others playstyles and just do better and better.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zero margin said:
November? I think that would be a mistake to wait that long honestly. Why it's not being raised today is honestly beyond me. A ranking system where you can't rank up. lol. I don't get some of the decisions that were made with this game in other aspects either though.

The two updates this month are playlist and forge maps. I honestly believe October is too soon to raise the cap, or bring up DLC, also it would be smart to take steam from COD by offering DLC on or around it's launch.

You have to remember people like us are a minority. Most people are still at Warrant officer.

If I was a betting man, I would bet on November.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:

Ehhhhhh, everyone can't be on at the same times, especially if you have hectic lives, I would be all for a major credit reduction for repeat offenders, I really think it would slow some of the people down.

Victrix

*beard*
I've missed a few (dozen, this fucking thread) pages, has Bungie discussed anything about giving some sort of option to outnumbered teams if half (or more) of their team quits?

LiK

Ramirez said:
Ehhhhhh, everyone can't be on at the same times, especially if you have hectic lives, I would be all for a major credit reduction for repeat offenders, I really think it would slow some of the people down.

-1,000 cR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom