• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victrix said:
I've missed a few (dozen, this fucking thread) pages, has Bungie discussed anything about giving some sort of option to outnumbered teams if half (or more) of their team quits?
No but we've been discussing it and I'm sure they're aware of the issue.

feel

Ramirez said:
Ehhhhhh, everyone can't be on at the same times, especially if you have hectic lives, I would be all for a major credit reduction for repeat offenders, I really think it would slow some of the people down.
bingo

Hugbot

Chorazin said:
Ok, that is awesome. I signed up for the Saturday FFA tournament, FFA is the only playlist I'm actually ok at. :lol
Yeah, I'm trying to see if my battle bro is available for the Sunday 2v2s, else I'm just signing up for FFA. Hopefully there's a good turnout.

Chorazin

Hugbot said:
Yeah, I'm trying to see if my battle bro is available for the Sunday 2v2s, else I'm just signing up for FFA. Hopefully there's a good turnout.

I might also sign up for the Sunday 2vsBungie if I can recruit a friend. You can sign up for more than one event, right?

vhfive

Diablohead said:
I like playing invasion and there's not many times when 6 friends are online and willing to play along also, having two people on your team quit because you "lost" the first wave can get annoying.

Not everyone on xbox live has the luxury's of a filled up friends list, and tbh I find playing wiht the same people for 1+ month becomes a bit stale after a while, playing randoms is awesome when no one quits and everyone plays.
whaaaaaa????
Since I've joined GAF and started playing with people here, I have always rather played with some of them then with randoms

zero margin said:
Honestly, great question! I have no idea how it works but I would be curious to find out as well. Might be why it didn't work so well for me.

I just tried out clench protection. It appears that when you frantically swing the stick around and try to zoom in at the same time, you're unable to. I played a SWAT game with it and went +8. That's a marked improvement as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again for the tip.

Shafto

First game of updated playlists - BTB Classic on Spire. Cue a horrific game of terrible spawns and the camping thereof, before finally getting booted from the game for a completely bizarre betrayal!

I started flying a Falcon, guy jumped in on gun. We got quickly blown up, except when we did, I got credited for betraying what appeared to be the gunner! And of course, the guy proceeds to immediately boot me.

This is clearly not my night. Might have to cool off a bit from Matchmaking, i'm starting to get pretty fed up with it. Was hoping the playlist update would be a rejuvenation...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I get you can't always have people online to play with, I get that. But what do you expect Bungie to do about it?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
So I hop into Team Slayer after the update hopeful that I would finally get to play some traditional slayer and the first game I get is fucking Snipers on Pinnacle.

Great, just great.

The whole playlist system just really pisses me off at this point.

Chorazin

Tashi0106 said:
I get you can't always have people online to play with, I get that. But what do you expect Bungie to do about it?

Institute a cR based quit penalty as was discussed in the past few pages?

Cerrius said:
So I hop into Team Slayer after the update hopeful that I would finally get to play some traditional slayer and the first game I get is fucking Snipers on Pinnacle.

Great, just great.

So far I have yet to hear an adequate explanation of why we need playlists at all.

Neuromancer said:
So far I have yet to hear an adequate explanation of why we need playlists at all.
Because they're usually awesome? You guys really shouldn't be this pissed off already, this game hasn't even been live for a month yet...and there are plenty of online shooter alternatives out there.

Neuromancer said:
1284719828_dramatic-sheep.gif

Hixx

Cerrius said:

Great, just great.

I'd rather they moved Snipers than SWAT. I remember reading somewhere Snipers AND SWAT were being moved out of Team Slayer, or was that just a very evil dream?

The Lamonster said:
Because they're usually awesome? You guys really shouldn't be this pissed off already, this game hasn't even been live for a month yet...and there are plenty of online shooter alternatives out there.
By definition, playlists ensure that at least some of the time, you will be forced to play modes you have no interest in playing. I feel like if I want to play nothing but Infection I should be able to, and likewise for people who never want to play Infection.

(I know in this specific example there may be a resolution coming up soon, but Infection is just my example, it could be any number of very polarizing modes.)

Jb

No more SWAT or Snipers in Big team battle on Boneyard? Sweet :D
Holy cow and Wraiths instead of Scorpions on Hemorrhage? Thanks Bungie!

I remember reading about having a generator defense gametype similar to the beta Network Test 1. 3 Elites VS 3 Spartans, Elites trying to demolish the 3 generators on the map before time expires.

Are we going to get this sometime down the line? or was it pre-release speculation that I heard?

Pookaki said:
I remember reading about having a generator defense gametype similar to the beta Network Test 1. 3 Elites VS 3 Spartans, Elites trying to demolish the 3 generators on the map before time expires.

Are we going to get this sometime down the line? or was it pre-release speculation that I heard?
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I want it in my Reach!!!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The Lamonster said:
Because they're usually awesome? You guys really shouldn't be this pissed off already, this game hasn't even been live for a month yet.

But see that's the thing. Bungie has been at this matchmaking thing since 2004! Far longer than other developers. They should know what the community expects out of certain playlists by now.

It's fucking frustrating trying to play this game online because I can't play the modes I want to play. I don't want to play Snipers, SWAT, or Slayer Pro when I go into the Team Slayer playlist.

I want default fucking slayer. I want an AR/DMR, radar and armor abilities. That's it.

Does Score Attack still not count towards the Weekly Challenge?
Cerrius said:
But see that's the thing. Bungie has been at this matchmaking thing since 2004! Far longer than other developers. They should know what the community expects out of certain playlists by now.

It's fucking frustrating trying to play this game online because I can't play the modes I want to play. I don't want to player Snipers, SWAT, or Slayer Pro when I go into the Team Slayer playlist.

I want default fucking slayer. I want an AR/DMR, radar and armor abilities. That's it.
AR/DMR isn't default slayer.

Chorazin

Dax01 said:

It counted last night, when I did a game of Gruntpocalypse.

Then I realized that Waves =/= Rounds and said 'Fuck this challenge!"

Dax01 said:

AR/DMR isn't default slayer.
It counts, you just have to finish off all the enemies in the round before time runs out. Took me a few games of not getting any points towards the Challenge before I figured it out.

Devin Olsen said:
Changes are live :)
DMR's still at spawn for spartans on boneyard, elites still gimped on that wave :/

Fucking invasion, I love it so much but it's full of bull especially the first wave of boneyard as elites, lol.

Match just now 10 seconds in the game selects new host, guess what that did? it respawned all weapons on the map, that equals 4 dmr's for the spartans so as elites we were just swiss cheese, even against a good pistol user the elites are fucked.

Pookaki said:
King of the hill. Hill moves to various points on the map after a certain amount of time.
LiK said:
IT'S CAH-RAZY!

Ah thanks (mostly to Pookaki though)

Chorazin said:
It counted last night, when I did a game of Gruntpocalypse.

Then I realized that Waves =/= Rounds and said 'Fuck this challenge!"
Yeah it's a lot of effort but I do play a lot of firefight anyway. Personally I think it's faster and more fun to do it in regular matchmaking, you're fucked if someone picks generator defense though. I have yet to win a round of that, playing with randoms mostly.

Neuromancer said:

Playlists let bungie do a few things.

1) They remove host control and the ability for a host to take their ball and go home
2) since the criteria of game selection is less granular, they can focus on matching people based on other metrics, like Skill and connection.
3) When bungie wants to change a map/gametype that isn't working (say changing the arena zealot) they can control the change, and make sure it's applied consistently.
4) It helps expose the community to modes/gametypes that they might not have played before
5) You go into games knowing what to expect, you aren't going to pop into a game that is suddenly "High speed invasion splatters"

ManCannon

HixxSAFC said:
I'd rather they moved Snipers than SWAT. I remember reading somewhere Snipers AND SWAT were being moved out of Team Slayer, or was that just a very evil dream?

Snipers will get its own playlist soon. For now the weighting has been lowered so it should be much less prominent (in theory).

electricpirate said:
Playlists let bungie do a few things.

1) They remove host control and the ability for a host to take their ball and go home
2) since the criteria of game selection is less granular, they can focus on matching people based on other metrics, like Skill and connection.
3) When bungie wants to change a map/gametype that isn't working (say changing the arena zealot) they can control the change, and make sure it's applied consistently.
4) It helps expose the community to modes/gametypes that they might not have played before
5) You go into games knowing what to expect, you aren't going to pop into a game that is suddenly "High speed invasion splatters"
I don't see why playlists are necessary for 1 and 5. Couldn't you still have host migration in a typical lobby system after you've picked a game mode? And if the host wanted to change game type, he'd have to leave that mode and go into a different one.

As for 4, I see your point, but good game modes will still always rise to the top and unpopular ones will sink to the bottom. Forcing people into playing modes they don't want to isn't a good solution in my book.

2 and 3 I just don't really understand so I'll take your word for those two. :D

Deware80

Banned
God Damn it I was hoping for FIREFIGHT CLASSIC to be added as it's own playlist.

Bungie, if you can read this, please add firefight classic to matchmaking as IT'S OWN PLAYLIST, not a game mode inside a playlist, but it's own separate. There is no challenge at all to Firefight right now (Outside of generator defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom