• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keuja

I hope his inauguration is a huge disaster with nobodies singing shit songs to his pathetic crowd of deplorables.

Doesn't Scott Baio sing?

kdzw08x.jpg

cDNA

I'm not making a new thread over a tweet but this, jesus christ. He just doesn't stop. :( Look at the stark difference, look at who America chose.

But you don't understand Hillary is being fake and probably a pollster tell her to wrote that message(even the elections are over), Trump is just telling like it is, even what he is saying about Obama's policies is false. /s

FuturusX

My hope for 2017 is world peace, common sense on global warming and environmental issues, food and medicine and shelter for all and a reduction in Trump just tweeted <insert> threads on NeoGaf.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm not making a new thread over a tweet but this, jesus christ. He just doesn't stop. :( Look at the stark difference, look at who America chose.
Can't wait to see how this idiot tries to unite the nation after the inevitable terrorist attack. "No one told me!"

DrEvil

not a medical professional

Who..?

The 2010 X Factor runner-up

Fucking cares?

One confirmed artist for the event is America's Got Talent runner-up Jackie Evancho who will sing the national anthem.

I guess its fitting a reality TV show host will get Reality TV "stars" to perform. And not even the winners, lmao.

Can't wait for the Jersey Shore cast to do shots off the washington mall.

Jotaka

She want to sing

Strange Fruit

Southern trees bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant south
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop

yeah... not gonna happen

Tak3n

Banned
from a purely selfish point, I am surprised at her management, as Rebecca Furguson has disappeared from UK minds as well.... and the whole fact most of the world will be watching it is certainly a chance to get your name out there...even if it kills your american career

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Who..?

Fucking cares?

I guess its fitting a reality TV show host will get Reality TV "stars" to perform. And not even the winners, lmao.

Can't wait for the Jersey Shore cast to do shots off the washington mall.
Jackie Evancho is an amazing singer. I will not tolerate any talk of downplaying her insane talents.

Would his people even know what the song represents?

given how many republicans are seemingly ignorant about the music they use and like (LOL Paul Ryan loving Rage Against the Machine and the continual use Born in the USA) im gonna go with a hard no.

hell people still dont understand This Land is Your Land is a protest song

Foffy

Banned
My hope for 2017 is world peace, common sense on global warming and environmental issues, food and medicine and shelter for all and a reduction in Trump just tweeted <insert> threads on NeoGaf.

It's nice to wish for a Bizarro world. :(

rjinaz

Billie Holiday. Such a beautiful voice. Such a tragic story. Sad to see that not much has changed since her passing, including the ridiculous war on drugs.

The singing of this song there would be amazing.

Oh god, Strange Fruit being sung would be the perfect song. I approve.

She made a critical error in explaining the meaning of the song, though. I guarantee you nobody on Trump team knew what it meant, nor would they have bothered to look it up, and just let her on stage to let loose with it. Which would have been amazing.

So what's the song about?

Southern trees bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant south
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop