• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He STILL can't get anyone to perform at his inauguration?

they are even considering breaking protocol and paying for a A list celeb performance. LAWL.
This is just too hilarious.

RPGCrazied

He STILL can't get anyone to perform at his inauguration?

they are even considering breaking protocol and paying for a A list celeb performance. LAWL.
This is just too hilarious.

Even then good luck. I'm sure most of them fear backlash. I know if I saw someone sing there that I liked would sour me quite a bit.

rjinaz

Surprised he can't book a couple of trash country music stars. His ego is probably killing him that he can't book talent.

I doubt it. When you are narcissistic, you can always somehow convince yourself that it's not me, it's them. I would love this though and hope it's true.

Loxley

Didn't Ted Nugent do one of his rallys? Couldn't they just get him again?

If Trump wanted to get some Z-list talent like Nugent, I think he easily could. The problem is he wants prestigious, respected, A-listers for his inauguration. Honestly the best he can hope for, much like with the "celebrities" at the RNC, is some washed-up singer from the 80's/90's who has nothing to lose by openly supporting him.

My wife asked if Toby Keith is still available? Lol.

Could imagine those cash grab patriotic songs from Toby Keith, an all white rockette line, kid rock, and ted Nugent were the only performers? Woof

rjinaz

Erm yeah no, I was really bad at literature class and deciphering metaphor and all that 'true meaning' stuff.

Ok, why wouldn't white nationalists like lynching?

The worst thing you can do to many White nationalist is insinuate they are racist. They really hate that word.

This isn't a song celebrating lynching. It would be to shame them or at the very least remind them of the past.

Could imagine those cash grab patriotic songs from Toby Keith, an all white rockette line, kid rock, and ted Nugent were the only performers? Woof

Now I won't be happy unless both Toby Keith and the Dixie Chicks perform.

Biske

If Trump wanted to get some Z-list talent like Nugent, I think he easily could. The problem is he wants prestigious, respected, A-listers for his inauguration. Honestly the best he can hope for, much like with the "celebrities" at the RNC, is some washed-up singer from the 80's/90's who has nothing to lose by openly supporting him.

Yeah.. that band was a real treat.

Was some novelty hearing them sing about the "sides effects of the cocaine" and all though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6WSfEWvxNQ

I remember watching and it was... god, what a sad affair, all those old white people couldn't even careless.

Jobbs

Banned
Even then good luck. I'm sure most of them fear backlash. I know if I saw someone sing there that I liked would sour me quite a bit.

I wouldn't support anyone ever again who validated Trump's presidency by performing at his event.

I'm sure I'm not alone

TylerD

Toby Keith was a registered Dem and now is a registered Independent. He didn't like either choice from both major parties this election.

The worst thing you can do to many White nationalist is insinuate they are racist. They really hate that word.

This isn't a song celebrating lynching. It would be to shame them or at the very least remind them of the past.

Hmm yeah okay that makes more sense thanks!

Amikami

Banned
DId you know Sylvester Stallone was at his dumb ass party last night? Why, Rocky, why??

Damn! I'm not surprised but wish it was the opposite. Glad to know this now. We need a thread of people and businesses not to support. It'd be awesome if we could get all that info consolidated and put together.

Foffy

Banned
You mean decent world. Bizarro timeline is the one we're currently in :/

Decent, I get.

But what he's asking is for us to be different than we've been.

It doesn't take one to go far to see how decency is a fluke, not a feature.

Oersted

DId you know Sylvester Stallone was at his dumb ass party last night? Why, Rocky, why??

What does he think of the Republican frontrunner? “I love Donald Trump,” he said. “He’s a great Dickensian character. You know what I mean? There are certain people like Arnold, Babe Ruth, that are bigger than life. But I don’t know how that translates”—he let out a laugh—“to running the world.”

As far as I know that comes from 4chan believing she posts there, which crossed over to /pol/ who then rallied around her cus she's white I guess? Don't think she herself has been alt right in any way.

The other part of the rumor is that Taylor never took a political stance at all this election cycle. She only mentioned voting on election day on her Instagram once, never posted who she voted for, and never mentioned anything else about the election. Not that I feel she should have to, but it just left enough doubt for weird internet people to run with it.

gaugebozo

Yeah.. that band was a real treat.

Was some novelty hearing them sing about the "sides effects of the cocaine" and all though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6WSfEWvxNQ

I remember watching and it was... god, what a sad affair, all those old white people couldn't even careless.

Station to Station is a song written from the perspective of a man in despair and incapable of feeling emotion. He's lost in circles, traveling from the highest station in Kabbala to the lowest, being driven by a demon from station to station of the cross. Once he was among the highest of heights, now he can't tell the difference between a true emotion and the effects of the cocaine.

So yeah, pretty much the modern GOP.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
27 percent of voters picked Trump. The vast majority of them older, mostly male, no interest in anything except shit kicking country and Buble (and and soundtracks as it turns out). Career suicide.

Stallone has always been one of the Clint Eastwood type of republicans. Like for reference, Stallone probably liked those Rambo movies because to him the War in Vietnam was not a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom