• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Maybe Trump can hire these students to perform?

DbqZo9g.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327855

Loxley

I guarantee you Trump will try to spin this if he ends up not being able to get anybody noteworthy.

"You know folks, I had big stars, tremendous stars begging me to let them perform at my inauguration! Begging! And we're talking big names here - you wouldn't believe it. You really wouldn't. But I told all of them "no thanks" because, let's face it, I don't need them. They need me for the publicity, but I don't need them!".

Stasis

I guarantee you Trump will try to spin this if he ends up not being able to get anybody noteworthy.

"You know folks, I had big stars, tremendous stars begging me to let them perform at my inauguration! Begging! And we're talking big names here - you wouldn't believe it. You really wouldn't. But I told all of them "no thanks" because, let's face it, I don't need them. They need me for the publicity, but I don't need them!".

Fuck this reads like an actual trump comment. It will exactly be a spin like this. And all of his diehards will believe it.

stuminus3

He literally already did that.

RXHsVKC.png

Though I thought to myself there was no way I'd ever tune into the inauguration because of how incredibly depressed it'd make me, my schadenfreude sense is starting to trigger a little.
Maybe he can just get a DJ.
I'd consider working the event, assuming I could use my own personal ultra badass $200 used decks and a shitty old laptop that'll force a restart for updates midway through the ceremony. I'll even throw in some strobe lights on a manual switch. Disclaimer: I'm in the middle of a transition in software so my filenames and tags could be off, and all my cues will need to be reset on the fly. For 8 figures. ...Okay, 7?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
People need to start calling him out on this shit.

"Yeah, no, Donald. None of us wants to go to your Nazi party."

Seriously. Every single person he contacted needs to reveal it publicly.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if all of this continues once he's actually president. Gonna be crazy times. Sometimes crazy fun at least on GAF, but mostly crazy.

Nydius

I wonder if all of this continues once he's actually president. Gonna be crazy times. Sometimes crazy fun at least on GAF, but mostly crazy.

I can't wait to see entire professional sports teams decline their usual post-championship White House visits, especially NBA teams.

don't worry it will

if these people already don't want to deal with him now you can bet it'll ramp up when he's in office

Hawk269

I read this and having Trumps voice in my head, it sound something exactly like he would say. lmao

There's talking about Jesus and they're not comparing him to anyone. Trump isn't even mentioned?

Reince Prebus (as always, I first read it as Prince Rebus) isn't a stupid man. It can easily be interpreted as calling Trump the "new King." That they didn't change the wording to make it clearer they were only talking about Jesus shows they are fine with that interpretation. Do you not think they would raise a shitstorm if the DNC said the same message?

gabbo

Reince Prebus (as always, I first read it as Prince Rebus) isn't a stupid man. It can easily be interpreted as calling Trump the "new King." That they didn't change the wording to make it clearer they were only talking about Jesus shows they are fine with that interpretation. Do you not think they would raise a shitstorm if the DNC said the same message?
Hasn't the RNC/Republican party referred to Obama as 'King Obama' in the past, disparagingly? The DNC didn't provoke it, they don't have the wherewithal, but Repubs got angry anyway.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think this is a tactic from Trump from the business world; fake hype when trying to promote something or a sale. Often done in the real estate business, you take every opportunity to mention that people are interested, lining up, etc.

Lo-Volt

Did they really just compare Trump to Jesus? I shouldn't be surprised by this, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding what is being said.

I mean, it fits, doesn't it? He thinks he is a gift from God, took his position contrary to the popular will, and will govern only for his caste.

Did they really just compare Trump to Jesus? I shouldn't be surprised by this, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding what is being said.

No, I don't think they did.

Yes, I think Democrats should raise a massive stink pretending like they believe that they did, because it's exactly the sort of horseshit the Republicans would do if the situations were reversed.

Damn. I hope Melania helps put a stop to social media bullying. Sucks that Texas states dance Twitter had to be shut down due to all the harrasmnt from the left
Eh, Melania can start with her own house first.

TX State team should not be shocked by the reaction given the implications for what is a quite a diverse university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom