• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestul

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819613333028564994

VNgi8T.png
Ruh oh.. prostitutes being rounded up.

Weiss

Banned
Which leads me to believe that the only reason they'd do this now with so little time is because they're fasttracking a verdict

^ e; well damn

That would be bad though, wouldn't it? This doesn't seem like the kind of thing you can rush; the Trump administration would latch onto any mistake.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This isn't how the Federal Govt works. You have appointees and you have permanent workers. The appointees are generally in the highest positions but have very little power to remove permanent govt employees due to the protections that are in place for career gov't workers.

The OIG in each agency will be made up by career gov't officers and are independent of influence (or are supposed to be) from presidential appointments. Their entire role is to watchdog situstions like this one.

Ok good. Just wanted to make sure. Don't want all of the sudden for this to go no where. This seems more about the e-mails probe then anything.

Again, you're doing exactly what Conway did: conflating CNN's (and everyone else's) reporting with BuzzFeed's. It was bullshit last night and it's still bullshit today.

Conway was making a hopeless argument as I mentioned earlier today, but at the crux of this entire issue is this, and it's very simple:

According to James Clapper, allegations were included in the brief not because they made a judgement that they were true, but that they had an "obligation" to share with him anything potentially damaging and related to the brief - a brief that was not based on the allegation themselves but Russia as a whole.

CNN publishes it because "the IC including it in a debrief is relevant." Correct. It is fair and arguably just on that basis alone.

So if there was a debrief in 2008 for e.g. death threats made against President-elect by far right groups who allege he was a Kenyan Muslim, could the intelligence community therefore have included any dossier or allegation that Obama was born in Kenya? Considering that evidence doesn't seem to be a prerequisite according to Clapper, it is possible.

Now, if Fox News then published that Bush was debriefed on allegations that Obama was foreign born, and did so with no evidence, would that not be reasonably comparable to this?

I genuinely can't see an opposing argument to this unless I consider there is evidence out there that these allegations are true. But I want to stick to what we know for sure so far.

Can someone give me a run down on what has happened the past 12 hours? I've been hearing conflicting information and I don't know what the hell is going on.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Merkel was spearheading this shit, because if she can destroy Trump, she'll destroy her alt-right opposition because they've married themselves to him and Putin.

Gosh if Germany can be the ones to help save the world from facism. And Jeb!

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
'witness' doesnt mean shit. Unless footage is found.

Still, people need to realise the sexual stuff isnt important, doubt it would even get him in trouble, the other stuff is.

Still, people need to realise the sexual stuff isnt important, doubt it would even get him in trouble, the other stuff is.

Theoretically though if that bit can be verified then it makes the claims far more credible and I would think would warrant action in some way.

That said I expect nothing.

According to James Clapper, allegations were included in the brief not because they made a judgement that they were true, but that they had an "obligation" to share with him anything potentially damaging and related to the brief...

You're missing the part where the allegations were deemed credible, an element your hypothetical birther stuff lacks.

Apharmd

I would not be the least bit surprised if Merkel was spearheading this shit, because if she can destroy Trump, she'll destroy her alt-right opposition because they've married themselves to him and Putin.

Merkel is in Germany though? Unless I'm missing something, I don't know how this has to do with it? Netherlands is also seeing a surge of far-right fools, though.

Correct,

As a liberal, I hate Trump as the next guy but proving he likes pissing contests while we're out vying for government to stay out of our bedroom is stupid and meaningless. We do not have an ounce of evidence presented yet as to Putin has been blackmailing Trump and if Trump made a deal to share our foreign policy when he is in office.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
How do I immediately shut down the argument that this is the same with George Bush and WMD with our IC?
The IC said there was no wmd.

Dick Cheney didn't like that and so made the "office of special plans" that said there were wmd in iraq

I'm on a phone but i remember this being posted multiple times

Vena

Gosh if Germany can be the ones to help save the world from facism. And Jeb!

She has everything to gain, and her Eurozone is at stake. She'd mobilize all of Interpol to get what she wants here.

Merkel is in Germany though? Unless I'm missing something, I don't know how this has to do with it? Netherlands is also seeing a surge of far-right fools, though.

I know, but Merkel has reach and she's one of the major figure heads in this (Netherlands is facing the same opposition, which I why I linked it to her) and the battle with alt-right.

Bush and Co massaged the intelligence info to their liking. Intelligence never really said WMDs existed. IIRC
Right, they literally went around the CIA to let Doug Feith stovepipe raw intelligence directly to Rumsfeld, I believe. I remember conservative talking heads accusing the CIA of being dominated by liberals.

rjinaz

Guys, this isn't a term paper. They can't just delay the inauguration unless they are literally putting him in cuffs.

Seriously. People need to let go of that dream immediately. Donald Trump will be president of the United States. How long is the only question.

lord quas

Yeah guys... Dutch =/= German. I'm not sure why Merkel would have anything to do with a sensationalist newspaper from the Netherlands...

Apharmd

She has everything to gain, and her Eurozone is at stake. She'd mobilize all of Interpol to get what she wants here.

I know, but Merkel has reach and she's one of the major figure heads in this (Netherlands is facing the same opposition, which I why I linked it to her) and the battle with alt-right.

Oh yeah, makes a lot of sense.

Vena

Yeah guys... Dutch =/= German. I'm not sure why Merkel would have anything to do with a sensationalist newspaper from the Netherlands...

Not saying she has anything to do with the paper, I am talking about just general digging that you're seeing coming out of Europe, and statements from BBC about how other "agencies" in Europe have similar information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom