• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
welcome to n e o g a f d o t c o m
456c6177169a31a2db8b6ef2a4563ed351ac9cc5.jpg

Oh man haha

My years of art school at uni are flashing back.
actually find his work hilarious and fun lol

louiedog

Most likely - Trump is president for some length of time, potentially for 4 years, unless some other scandal arises that results in impeachment.

People can't be bothered to pay attention and remember things through an 18 month election cycle. 4 years? This may barely come up.

Syriel

My only fear is the Trump surrogates destroying their hard drives and computers right now in fear of getting subpoena'ed. How would that play out?

Paul Ryan likely laughing manically tonight, praying that shit hits the fan and both Trump and Pence are forced to resign.

Probably one of his interns that tipped off CNN and Buzzfeed. ;)

Alavard

The thing I'm most terrified about is that the Republican-dominated government won't impeach Trump & all involved no matter how deep this rabbit hole goes.

... And it's already gone past the point of "everyone involved should be jailed."

I think they will IF enough of the republican voting base turns on him. They'll take the first chance they get to have Pence as their rubber stamp, if it also makes them look good.

CydonianKnight

Neo Member
The thing I'm most terrified about is that the Republican-dominated government won't impeach Trump & all involved no matter how deep this rabbit hole goes.

... And it's already gone past the point of "everyone involved should be jailed."

Basically this. I have a feeling the GOP is going to handwave this and prove that they're complete garbage people.

Holy shit, wow. Just caught up

I'm assuming it's fake until otherwise, mainly because I don't want to get any hopes up and then crushed like every other time.

What evidence is there giving this any validity?

Carl Bernstein believes it's real. Best we've heard, but he's not saying why.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1. Golden Boy and Boy King are two different terms. A golden boy is usually someone that is well regarded or prosperous at things they do. A boy king can either be literally a boy that is a king, implied that he was made a king without the maturity and wisdom needed of a king or an older immature person made king.

I know what the words mean and where they come from. People generally use the expression "golden boy" (and "chosen one" and "teacher's pet" and ...) in a sarcastic way, often when referring to someone who has not earned the success and aura that they have, or who was given it. Some words with positive denotations can have negative connotations. Likewise, as you note, people generally use the expression "boy king" to undermine the legitimacy of the subject by emphasizing that despite power and worship, the person lacks wisdom. Is the relevance of the expressions to my point clearer?

3. Jesus may have been sacrilegious to the corrupt judaic leadership, but he preached all the opposites of Trump.

I literally say this in the post, but also the point of Piss Christ isn't Christ as Biblical Christ, it's Christ as icon perverted by worldly interests.

I didn't think I'd need to explain the initial post, but I definitely didn't think I'd need to explain the explanation post.

This is the kind of thing people will be up in arms about. Did you see how people reacted to the ethics committee shit they tried to pull? And that was with little media coverage and people calling in and bitching about that was the reason they didn't go forward with the plan.

Imagine the republicans, faced with a president who potentially committed treason not doing anything. People will NOT be happy.

Ritz-Carlton doesn't have an easily-applicable suffix like -ghazi or -gate, so we're stuck with the same scandal naming conventions that we've had for 45 years now.

Of course, the most important parts of this intel take place elsewhere.

commedieu

Banned

I'm assuming it's fake until otherwise, mainly because I don't want to get any hopes up and then crushed like every other time.

Same. And it will be a shit storm if it's fake. But:

CARL BERNSTEIN: It came from a former British MI-6 intelligence agent who was hired by a political research -- opposition research -- firm in Washington who was doing work about Donald Trump for both Republican and Democratic candidates opposed to Trump. They were looking at Trump's business ties. They saw some questionable things about Russians, about his businesses in Russia. They, in turn, hired this MI-6 former investigator. He then came up with additional information from his Russian sources. He was very concerned by the implications of it. He then took it to an FBI colleague that he had known in his undercover work for years. He took it to this FBI man in Rome who turned it over to the bureau in Washington in August. And then a former British ambassador to Russia, independently, was made aware of these findings and he took the information to John McCain, Senator John McCain of Arizona, in the period just after the election, and showed it to McCain -- additional findings. McCain was sufficiently disturbed by what he read, to take it to FBI Director James Comey himself personally. They had a five-minute meeting. The two men, very little was said. McCain turned it over to him and is now awaiting what the FBI�s response is to that information

Is a good place to start googling. I don't have hard link but it was in this thread.

Here's the thing, this isn't going to be resolved any time soon. It will be like the e-mail story where we keep getting leaks and updates for months and months along with congressional hearings and whatever else goes along with it.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

4 of the most senior intelligence officials have brought this forward to the president and the president elect last week.
The information is from a credible source.

MikeyB

I'm not on any high ground because Justin Trudeau is just a empty pretty shell for the Liberal machine, but as an outsider, regardless of how this turns out, your nation looks so weak right now. Whateber moral authority you could claim post-Iraq is shot.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
AS much as I want to believe this is all true, this is just too crazy.... But then again after last few months who the fuck knows.

Cyan

Banned
I know what the words mean and where they come from. People generally use the expression "golden boy" (and "chosen one" and "teacher's pet" and ...) in a sarcastic way, often when referring to someone who has not earned the success and aura that they have, or who was given it. Some words with positive denotations can have negative connotations. Likewise, as you note, people generally use the expression "boy king" to undermine the legitimacy of the subject by emphasizing that despite power and worship, the person lacks wisdom. Is the relevance of the expressions to my point clearer?

I literally say this in the post, but also the point of Piss Christ isn't Christ as Biblical Christ, it's Christ as icon perverted by worldly interests

I didn't think I'd need to explain the initial post, but I definitely didn't think I'd need to explain the explanation post.

Wow I knew the mods here hated religion based on their endless mockery of the god of thunder but this goes too far.

Everyone outing this and involved in the investigation should be all that needs to be said really. But I understand your frustration with the lack of evidence or anything hurting Trump thus far.

ZOONAMI

People can't be bothered to pay attention and remember things through an 18 month election cycle. 4 years? This may barely come up.

It isn't about the people. It's about the GOP not wanting this shit stain of a human being running again.

They will literally pay Trump to not run again.

Pence is a trickier thing to figure out, but I think he's too divisive for the GOP to want to back him.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What if Trump is still just wanting to get paid to quit, he's just been raising the stakes higher since he got elected?

Cyan

Banned
wait did we lose blame space???

I thought the post was appropriate because:
1) blame space once took a picture of himself pissing on someone else's avatar after they cried about piss christ
2) I think he got banned for that. I don't remember
3) also at some point he got permed? but it got undone
4) I voted for Timedog

Anyway blame space isn't actually permed as far as I know but how do we really know anything about anything in this world, there is no more truth.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I literally say this in the post, but also the point of Piss Christ isn't Christ as Biblical Christ, it's Christ as icon perverted by worldly interests.

About the icon being perverted, was that in the original post? I didn't see that the first time through, maybe I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom