• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Here's the thing, this isn't going to be resolved any time soon. It will be like the e-mail story where we keep getting leaks and updates for months and months along with congressional hearings and whatever else goes along with it.

Yea, and regardless if this is true or not. It's in the head of everyone right now. This will probably loom over his Presidency. Every defense of Russia or pro Putin tweet is going to be under the damn microscope now. Like you said. lots of hearings too. It won't be resolved any time soon, but this isn't going away either.

Coldplay has decided to perform at the inauguration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

9sxHPBx.jpg

What does Cohen telling the truth mean in the grand scheme of things? Does it all fall apart?

All, no, but it's one of the more damming parts of the report. And if they can actually prove, or cast a shadow of doubt over that one part, they'll just hammer that in over and over.

Syncytia

It isn't about the people. It's about the GOP not wanting this shit stain of a human being running again.

They will literally pay Trump to not run again.

Pence is a trickier thing to figure out, but I think he's too divisive for the GOP to want to back him.

How the whole bathroom bill stuff plays out in NC and the other states trying to adopt it will certainly effect Pence's prospects. If the backlash is big enough against that Pence won't have much of a chance.

bounchfx

what if they're just waiting for him to take office then drop a load of garbage on him in an attempt to destabilize and divide our country even more?

i donno but either way I believe the hooker pee thing, it's too funny to be fake

And KellyAnne said on Seth Myers that they hadn't. Lol
Her version was even worse, because she said that he was briefed, but that he wasn't aware of this information in particular as it was two pages appended on the end of the brief, as if its totally OK he skipped that part. Because, you know, it was two pages... at the end, and reasons, and Hillary something something.

ZOONAMI

That caught my eye as well. As much as it pains me I think Cohen may be telling the truth here.

There are 5+ years of Russian connections/collusion.

And does Cohen have an alibi for that entire time period?

Do you not think the CIA/NIS do not have information on his whereabouts?

They aren't going to brief Obama/Trump on this without having some legit intelligence.

Bernstein also said there are financial links here.

what if they're just waiting for him to take office then drop a load of garbage on him in an attempt to destabilize and divide our country even more?

i donno but either way I believe the hooker pee thing, it's too funny to be fake

eh, it won't matter either way. we've already had a president jizz on an intern, why not this.

mj1108

Here's the thing, this isn't going to be resolved any time soon. It will be like the e-mail story where we keep getting leaks and updates for months and months along with congressional hearings and whatever else goes along with it.

The Congressional hearing: "Hey Donny, what's up? You're doing great!"

RDreamer

Nothing will come of this. Smells like fake news. And piss.

For fuck's sake, will people stop parroting this propaganda? This is not what the reports about fake news were talking about at all. The report now is that this report was given as a briefing to Trump and Obama because parts of it seem credible to the intelligence community. THAT IS NOT FAKE NEWS.

Yup, you guys are right, 4chan totally fooled:

John McCain
The investigator
The FBI
The CIA
One of the guys who broke Watergate
ME

Like come on

Syncytia

If there was damning enough information it would just get Trump impeached. If they have anything of merit, they'll use it to their advantage, not just release it to humiliate Trump.

JohnsonUT

It isn't about the people. It's about the GOP not wanting this shit stain of a human being running again.

They will literally pay Trump to not run again.

Pence is a trickier thing to figure out, but I think he's too divisive for the GOP to want to back him.

Pence was completely necessary with Trump at the top of the ticket to get the conservative cred. With any other Republican he is redundant at best.

antonz

All, no, but it's one of the more damming parts of the report. And if they can actually prove, or cast a shadow of doubt over that one part, they'll just hammer that in over and over.

Its actually the one part of the report where they say has the shakiest foundation as they cannot verify exactly when and who he met with. It will likely be used as ammunition to discredit the whole thing though

marrec

Banned
I thought the post was appropriate because:
1) blame space once took a picture of himself pissing on someone else's avatar after they cried about piss christ
2) I think he got banned for that. I don't remember
3) also at some point he got permed? but it got undone
4) I voted for Timedog

Anyway blame space isn't actually permed as far as I know but how do we really know anything about anything in this world, there is no more truth.

Y'all this is getting super meta

For fuck's sake, will people stop parroting this propaganda? This is not what the reports about fake news were talking about at all. The report now is that this report was given as a briefing to Trump and Obama because parts of it seem credible to the intelligence community. THAT IS NOT FAKE NEWS.

I've said in other threads, but it amazes how the right co-oped the term 'fake news' and how quickly everyone fell right into that trap.

So in all honesty, this won't amount to anything, right? From what it sounds like, the FBI aren't even investigating these allegations for some reason? Or they just haven't confirmed that they are? And even if they are, I feel like we're all just expecting this to fuck Trump over somehow but I find it hard to get my hopes up.

So in all honesty, this won't amount to anything, right? From what it sounds like, the FBI aren't even investigating these allegations for some reason? Or they just haven't confirmed that they are? And even if they are, I feel like we're all just expecting this to fuck Trump over somehow but I find it hard to get my hopes up.

They are investigating.

RedHill

Banned
Nothing will come of this. Smells like fake news. And piss.
Can we stop just regurgitating this. Fake news isn't documents that major outlets are reporting on that haven't been officially confirmed yet. Fake news is "freedomeagle.facebook said Hillary invented AIDS"

Kusagari

Cohen already told someone he was in Italy in July. Any tweets in July would probably be the ones to check.

The dossier admits the date/location could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom