• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawnster

I got to say this is going to be an awesome 4 years.

We should make it 8

hes_a_madman_futurama.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So the piss report is fake right? From what I've gathered it was a 4chan prank?

Nope. Some kids decided to "help" their cause by spreading the rumor that they had "planted" this story. Undermining their own "street" credibility, ironically. Not that they care one way or another. It's all lulz after all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i tried to search on twitter and it looks like a bunch of pro-trump accounts are trying to do damage control? they're all posting this same thing and its an illegible screencap, an excerpt that doesnt appear to actually be from the report, etc etc https://twitter.com/bocavista2016/status/819038489664753664

So their argument that it's fake is based upon a guy who said he trolled a reporter back in November, with absolutely no details, and then when something comes out, claims victory?

I mean, wouldn't that be like me saying "I'm going to cause a blizzard somewhere in America" and then taking credit when it happens?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
So the piss report is fake right? From what I've gathered it was a 4chan prank?

Piss is real. The hentai stuff is the prank but people are using it to confuse others by saying that it was legitimately part of the report (it never was).

If Trump is confirmed to have sold foreign policy decisions to Russia in exchange for counterintelligence on his political opponents then it will be a huge fucking deal. If he only gets impeached he'll have gotten off light.

Can someone elaborate what "sold foreign policy decisions" means?

"Владимир глубже, мой простаты требует большего наказания."...

New phrase

daveo42

Banned
People keep saying "Pence and Ryan would be worst", but I just don't see it.

Trump is an idiot. He is going to rubber stamp anything the GOP congress passes, and what they want, is what Pence and Ryan want. So personally, I while I don't think they'd be good in any way, I just don't see how they would be worse. We'd get the same terrible policy either way, but at least we'd have some guys with some semblance of foreign policy and the ability to show some restraint.

Yup. Trump seems like he could easily get us into a losing trade war with China, let Russia steamroll half of Europe with no support to NATO, then start WWIII by launching nukes over a losing a twitter war all before breakfast. Don't even get started on the domestic things he could due between breakfast and lunch if he got the chance.

Ithil

Isn't Pence supposed to be even worse than Trump?

In certain regards he is worse. Trump says whatever he thinks he needs to at any one moment and believes in very little other than his own personal advancement. Pence has real and strong beliefs, and is a textbook slimy Republican who would engage in more voter suppression and anti-LGBT bullshit, and try to roll back progression and advance the GOP agenda with purpose.
At the same time, he's not a crazy childminded moron like Trump, and would at least be a "typical" Republican president, not a potential nation-ender. Trump would sell out the country at a moment's notice (and may in fact already have) and has zero dignity in office, you can assume safely Pence would not.

Your trade-off is not desirable.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
People keep saying "Pence and Ryan would be worst", but I just don't see it.

Trump is an idiot. He is going to rubber stamp anything the GOP congress passes, and what they want, is what Pence and Ryan want. So personally, I while I don't think they'd be good in any way, I just don't see how they would be worse. We'd get the same terrible policy either way, but at least we'd have some guys with some semblance of foreign policy and the ability to show some restraint.

Trump will (likely) fuck us internationally.

Pence will more-than-likely fuck us over domestically, especially the LGBTQ community.

The two possible outcomes for this are honestly crazy. Either journalism completely implodes or it's the biggest scandal in American history.

For now I'll just laugh at the piss puns and wait for confirmation because I have no idea what to believe anymore.

SpaceWolf

Banned
In certain regards he is worse. Trump says whatever he thinks he needs to at any one moment and believes in very little other than his own personal advancement. Pence has real and strong beliefs, and is a textbook slimy Republican who would engage in more voter suppression and anti-LGBT bullshit, and try to roll back progression and advance the GOP agenda with purpose.
At the same time, he's not a crazy childminded moron like Trump, and would at least be a "typical" Republican president, not a potential nation-ender. Trump would sell out the country at a moment's notice (and may in fact already have) and has zero dignity in office, you can assume safely Pence would not.

Interesting. Thank you for the response. I honestly know next to nothing about Pence so I appreciate hearing your perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom