• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Nothing against GAF or pro-Resetera, but comments about traffic trends for both sites seems overly exaggerated. If anything, they're more or less stable for at least 6 months, with Era performing slightly worse:

sEVgeKY.png
I don’t need a graph to tell me activity is increasing everyday and new members are coming/old members are returning in numbers recently. Just need eyes and observational skills.

In other news, it seems admitting to liking an award winning anime (and the community's own #2 AOTY of its respective year) is now a bannable offense.

So it's interesting how this question has not been answered in there:

For some reason, the staff is avoiding the topic of whether B-Dubs is getting paid or not. Perhaps with Cerium's retirement, they don't want people to know that literally no one active in the community is making a dime after that was such a contentious topic when the site started.

That's... kind of hilarious. This is 100% going to break B-Dubs and he'll have nothing to show for it.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Fucking LOL they just locked that topic "meta commentary and mod whining".

Windrunner you snowflake.

They still use "Mod whining" as an excuse when people point to the obvious problems with moderation. That's really juvenile.

Bullet Club

Banned
In other news, it seems admitting to liking an award winning anime (and the community's own #2 AOTY of its respective year) is now a bannable offense.

jwirB62.png

0bLbQMy.gif

For some reason, the staff is avoiding the topic of whether B-Dubs is getting paid or not. Perhaps with Cerium's retirement, they don't want people to know that literally no one active in the community is making a dime after that was such a contentious topic when the site started.

That's... kind of hilarious. This is 100% going to break B-Dubs and he'll have nothing to show for it.
LOL wut. So let me get this straight. Cerium is still going to own the site, and presumably get all the profits from operations. But this B-Dubs guy is going to actually run the site for free so Cerium can basically get money forever for doing nothing? Damn, that's going to work out great for Cerium. The best part of this is, that's why people used to get mad at Evilore back in the day but now they love and worship Cerium as their cult leader so it's OK that he basically sits around and does nothing and gets paid for it.

Turnstyle

I posted in the thread on Era about the decline in activity. I hardly ever post on the site, I'm mainly a lurker who dips in now and then for a read.

Among my complaints was the fear of getting banned for spurious reasons. I argued that it doesn't encourage conversation (you know, the whole point of a MESSAGE board) and creates an echo chamber.

Obviously the thread got locked.

Just checked the site this morning, and in the ultimate irony, received a message stating that I had been permanently banned from Era for 'inflammatory metacommentary'.

Like I said in the thread, Era is just a total bummer to me. Such a depressing read, so the ban is actually welcome - it gives me a reason not to go back, and nearly ticks off a new year's resolution for me (don't waste time on bullshit).

However, the fact that I got a permanent ban for expressing my own personal opinion , which I genuinely don't think was offensive or inflammatory, just sums up the entire site for me.

I don't think I'm going to come back here - no offence to you guys but I could probably stand to take a break from forums for a while, but man, all the noise around what should be a fun hobby, VIDEO GAMES!, is really distracting.

All the best to you anyway. At least I know I won't get banned on here for this post...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I posted in the thread on Era about the decline in activity. I hardly ever post on the site, I'm mainly a lurker who dips in now and then for a read.

Among my complaints was the fear of getting banned for spurious reasons. I argued that it doesn't encourage conversation (you know, the whole point of a MESSAGE board) and creates an echo chamber.

Just checked the site this morning, and in the ultimate irony, received a message stating that I had been permanently banned from Era for 'inflammatory metacommentary'.

Like I said in the thread, Era is just a total bummer to me. Such a depressing read, so the ban is actually welcome - it gives me a reason not to go back, and nearly ticks off a new year's resolution for me (don't waste time on bullshit).

However, the fact that I got a permanent ban for expressing my own personal opinion , which I genuinely don't think was offensive or inflammatory, just sums up the entire site for me.

I don't think I'm going to come back here - no offence to you guys but I could probably stand to take a break from forums for a while, but man, all the noise around what should be a fun hobby, VIDEO GAMES!, is really distracting.

All the best to you anyway. At least I know I won't get banned on here for this post...
And its too bad Reee is still much bigger than GAF, because where there's people the verified devs follow. Ya, some of them post here too, but there sure seems like more of them post there contributing to gaming threads.

One thing you'll notice too is every purple verified dev also tows the Reee line of SJW leftie, so the masses don't stomp their twitter account with bad comments.

That 343 Stinkles user (who I guess is a verified 343 employee) has to be among the most hate filled lefty, yet gets a green light to say anything stupid.

I wonder what would happen if a dev went full ass rightie. On one had, that's a reason for a banning, but the person is a dev. So would the mods give him (or her) a break and let it slide? Would the dev get a warning? Going by that Reee debacle a few months ago with that mod and discord thread, even the mod (who gave up modding) didn't get banned. After the issue died off, they just let him quietly go and left his account untouched.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Anyway, back to the Contrapoints video.

F0eF05P.png

I seem to screencap this bellend a lot. Seems he does not know the difference between a livestream and prerecorded video. This video according to them IS the non appology so how the fuck can call them out in the video without a damn time machine??

II1btjA.png

"Identifying info" seems to be blacked out here for the whole ten minutes, and she's making the observation that the vast majority of them have anime girl trans flag avatars.
They really are eating their own. Wasn’t contrapoints one of their heroes? I know I can’t stand that channel at least.

nush

I've seen mention of Contrapoints.

Can someone do a quick recap what's going on?

It covers everything here, I've just watched it. It's a solid video has some good LOLs and covers cancel culture really in detail (Maybe too much as it's really damn long). I'd heard about the Buck Angel thing, never looked into is as I knew it would be some overblown bullshit feeding the outrage machine. I was right.

Buck Angel narrated a TEN SECOND quote in her last video. That's literally it.

Buck Angel has said some things the alphabet posse didn't agree with before he voiced ten seconds of the video. Basically saying what a lot of us think, they hate others because they hate themselves.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Going by what's taking place over there lately, it seems like it's headed to where finding a woman attractive is now sexist, and physical attraction should totally be eliminated for any reason.
This was how I felt about GAF between 2015 and 2017. I was seriously wondering how Americans could still have any sex at all if that kind of mentality was spreading so fast. Turns out it was just a bunch of weirdos’ echo chamber.

And Obama, Hillary, JK Rowling, Terry Crews the list is endless...
It’s hilarious that these people are so fragile, they are looking up to “heroes” in the year 2020 to represent their warped ideals.
That kind of purity belongs to fairy tales, and these people don’t read fairy tales cuz they’re not having kids if they were payed a billion dollars to have even one.
It’s also ironic that these are the same people who adopted the term “milkshake duck” so fast when it was coined. I remember it spreading on old GAF like wildfire around 2016.

JOYwTYs.png

hoAkbzi.png

Two more users tells off Resetera, giving no fucks what the hivemind thinks of them.
Kudos to them. Unfortunately Era can’t take criticism from anyone who isn’t trans, whether bona fide or fictional, and level-headed discussion is an absolute no-no, facts be damned.

nush

I'll bet he's been given targets and objectives for 2020, increased ad revenue, membership or whatever metric for a for profit forum needs. In return for a profit share at the end of the year.

2CPvZI7.png

Except the targets will be unrealistic, he'll have to manage the next pedoera, suicide baiting or whatever fuckery that toxic community comes up with AND then manage the Trump 2020 reelection meltdown. While Cerium distances himself and keep the bucks rolling in for himself.

Handel

Basically anything other than trashing the show is somehow rationalizing the sexualization of minors/dismissing the concerns about it? They really have a problem with their viewpoints on what can be shown in fictional works, villains doing actual villain things, oh my! Yet they wouldn't give a fuck about fictional violence against anyone even minors unless they deem it gendered, racial or sexual identity violence(only if it's against women, non-whites or non-straight of course!).

They also have a mod out there defending a rapper talking about killing white babies and lynching white people, who remains a mod to this day. I guess rationalizing violence against white children is fine in their books. They clearly didn't care about it in the thread about the black girl accusing three white boys of bullying her, which turned out to be false.

Kindly go jump off a cliff you hypocritical bigoted fucks.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
ODI2hLn.jpg

“You can solicit any definition from anywhere to prove your point”, says the community that used to refer to a single WSJ article to prove a point like it was universally valid for all times and places. As if this isn’t Era’s MO since forever :messenger_tears_of_joy:

“Using a dictionary to prove a point is ok when we do it”.

Last edited:

nush

Basically anything other than trashing the show is somehow rationalizing the sexualization of minors/dismissing the concerns about it? They really have a problem with their viewpoints on what can be shown in fictional works, villains doing actual villain things, oh my! Yet they wouldn't give a fuck about fictional violence against anyone even minors unless they deem it gendered, racial or sexual identity violence(only if it's against women, non-whites or non-straight of course!).

They also have a mod out there defending a rapper talking about killing white babies and lynching white people, who remains a mod to this day. I guess rationalizing violence against white children is fine in their books. They clearly didn't care about it in the thread about the black girl accusing three white boys of bullying her, which turned out to be false.

Kindly go jump off a cliff you hypocritical bigoted fucks.
giphy.gif

Handel

ODI2hLn.jpg

“You can solicit any definition from anywhere to prove your point”, says the community that used to refer to a single WSJ article to prove a point like it was universally valid for all times and places. As if this isn’t Era’s MO since forever :messenger_tears_of_joy:

“Using a dictionary to prove a point is ok when we do it”.
These people will go to the ends of the Earth to push feminism as meaning equality for all because they sucked enough dick to get it put in dictionaries, even though that isn't how words work and the actual word for someone who wants equality is egalitarian, not feminist. I'm an egalitarian, I'll never be a feminist.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
He will take care of logistics :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

These people seem to just discount what words actually mean, redefine them in their heads then use them as they have mor than two syllables and sound important. By 'logsitics' I assume he means logging into renew the XF license and the SSL certificate, while chucking a bit of cash to the paid positions on that turdhole. Logistics actually means something and is used for efficiencies mainly. The guy runs a forum with supported addons via a 3rd party. Fucking hell, I think Evilore was running a forum aged 15 or something daft. Oh well, anything to stick CEO on your linkedIn right..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

3l5uiu.jpg

As for the traffic. It doesn't equal engagement really. Think of all the traffic that the site gets from links at Polygon, Kotaku, Kiwi, KiA2, here (ironically), Reeratakes. The metrics you can actually see are the screencaps that show posts on the first page being 50 minutes old at certain times (instead of 'a moment ago' even six months back), the member count staying round the same, threads burning out quicker etc. This models the supposition that most people now prefer to view the ramblings of the inmates, post less (for x number of reasons), and just use it for entertainmen/lulz

KAL2006

Banned
Is it me or are like 80 percent of posters on Era introverts or have anxiety issues.

I always see topics like I can't get a job, partner etc, world is unfair, followed by also I have anxiety issues or I'm a introvert.

nush

Is it me or are like 80 percent of posters on Era introverts or have anxiety issues.

I always see topics like I can't get a job, partner etc, world is unfair, followed by also I have anxiety issues or I'm a introvert.

Mostly. There's an Era trope where when someone makes a topic and for no fucking relevance at all to the content of the topic they will include a resume of their mental illness in there.

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

nush

Can someone please take this retard off our hands please??
lmao has no qualifications and is autistic, so gets a (most likely) relatively healthy disability pension... but but but bus firessssss wahhhhhhhh
This is the reason why RetardEra and all their doom and gloom is a massive problem: you have now convinced someone with a lower than average IQ that he’s living in a hell hole.

Remember Solar Puffin? Heeee's Back!

GAhqeKi.png

Is Tinder the problem? Or is it a platform that for over 4 years 1000's of girls have told you directly or indirectly that you have no game and/or are unfuckable and you need to step up your game?

Caffeine

you probably wont read this, but you should probably just play more games tbh. get back to what you love. and remember your opinions are your own and always welcome here.

cormack12

Gold Member
Vacancy: General Manager
Anti-White
Galaxy brain
Outraged by everything
Must delete posts contrary to their own opinions
Fragile
Must have at least 2 recognised disabilities/mental health issues that are also not medically diagnosable
Closing date: ASAP

pco7noj.gif

I'm reading this thread and look back at resetera and wow, those people are really sick. It's like they lost their moral compass (if they had any) and just love to pile on somebody. They feel like they are all bully victim that instead to stand up for themselve, they just copy they behavior on the bully.

The thing they are the most intolerant to is THINKING. They hate who they are told to hate and crush all dissenting voice.

I'm sure these people can't make decision on their own, develop critical thinking of any situation, analyze themselve, create art, develop their taste, broaden their skill, make new connection to people, fall in love etc.

One thing they do is be sorry for themselve.

On a side note I was a patreon on Harcore Gaming 101 because I like their podcast. I went to the discord and the discussion was heavy on the SJW, with that trans guy WordOntheWind (something like that) being on the podcast and on the discord and really looking to moderate SJW style. He lectured me once, then I say something awful again ( awful for them, really random for normal people) and I just quit and took my money. They are crazy and they see the world in a way that allow no compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom