• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
its really amusing to see them whine about giving Rogan a platform. I don't listen to him because fuck listening to podcasts, but the man has an insane number of views. You ain't denting shit.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A white PM who has a history of black face is fine. American politicians, literal racists.
- Era Logic

Totally okay, eh?
Untitled-design-20-1200x675.png

trudeaublackface23097-610x320.jpg

Trudeau-in-Blackface-696x392.png

trudeau-blackface.jpg

new2-1.jpg

lcMOOEW.png

lcMOOEW.png

lcMOOEW.png

Sorrey Justin, eh! It's all our faults as citizens cause you said so oh noble leader, eh!
tenor.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It really strikes me that a key feature of the REE-mentality is their liking, above all else, of being able to punish their enemies.

I mean, lets look at Joe Roan. In the past he's said things that weren't PC, and he's had on his podcast people on the woke brigade's "naughty list". Which makes him worse than hitler in their eyes!

Trouble is that although Joe may have "made amends" politically (i.e given substantial and positive air-time to 3 Dem hopefuls, to zero Reps, this endorsement of Bernie, etc.) they will not re-person him until they have taken their pound-of-flesh, made him kiss the ring or whatever.

Its all about that feeling of nemesis. that righteous infliction of retribution. they want to feel powerful and good!

Fucking dorks.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I disagree. You can be self hating.
You can be Jewish and also be anti semitic like Dan Burros a former member of the American Nazi Party and United Klans of America. Hated himself so much he ended his own life after he was outed.
Have you ever heard of the character "Uncle Ruckus" From the Boondocks? Same concept.

And the thing is, nothing he said in that article you linked to is homophobia. He isn't an Uncle Ruckus.

TaySan

Banned
And the thing is, nothing he said in that article you linked to is homophobia. He isn't an Uncle Ruckus.
"Yiannopoulos said that he believed homosexuality is a sin, despite being gay himself, and condemned those who, like Martin, sought to change Church dogma on the issue. "

Cybrwzrd

Banned
"Yiannopoulos said that he believed homosexuality is a sin, despite being gay himself, and condemned those who, like Martin, sought to change Church dogma on the issue. "

Eating too much chocolate cake is sinful too. Does that make me a chocolate cakeapobe?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Kirblar is still going strong on his bender from this morning. I don't know how he can handle so much alcohol.
HtRl018.png
"a selfish desire to treat a vote like it is part of your identity"?

you mean like this very message board that is full of people proudly proclaiming themselves to be good people because they will hypothetically vote in the future? and these good people are openly shitting on others for hypothetical future behaviors they may not take?

where is the selflessness in screaming at people? maybe if you subdued your ego and talked to others with other viewpoints then you would get more people on your side.

hey, imagine that, subduing your srieking white feminism in order to make things better for the minorities you supposedly care about?

but no, that doesn't give Kirb and Ex the ego boost.

Nixonomics

TaySan TaySan , if you transition and then regret it later are you transphobic/self-hating? Do you think that is a reality that should be openly talked about?

I'm glad you're willing to post here. I think a lot of ERA users would benefit from some cognitive dissonance.

TaySan

Banned
TaySan TaySan , if you transition and then regret it later are you transphobic/self-hating? Do you think that is a reality that should be openly talked about?

I'm glad you're willing to post here. I think a lot of ERA users would benefit from some cognitive dissonance.
Possibly. I'll admit though im not the most informed on Trans issues, but if you belief that simply being Trans is a sin that should be condemned than yes you are transphobic. Thats why i think Milo is Homophobic despite being homosexual himself. : P

And thank you for letting me speak here, :D

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I hate the whole “can’t give them a platform, it’s dangerous!” arguments. For one, it’s 2020, anyone can give themselves a platform on social media whenever they want and get their beliefs out there. Secondly, the best thing to do when people have bad ideas is to get those ideas out there, not shut them down.

The counter to this is always Nazi Germany. “Tell that to the German people in the early 1900s!” Which shows their lack of knowledge on history. For one, most Germans didn’t buy into the anti Jewish and bigoted rhetoric back then. The Nazis needed an unprecedented propaganda campaign in conjunction with taking over the radio waves and murdering people who disagreed to change the sentiment of the populous and that took years. And even then the really brutal stuff they did to Jews and other groups they did in secret because they knew it wouldn’t be thought of well by the people. Why do you think the Holocaust was used in code as “the final solution to the Jewish question.” And even before the election, most Germans thought Hitler was a rambling idiot, it wasn’t until the Great Depression Germans started to buy in that he could turn the economy around.

Sorry for the diatribe, but that’s always the go-to argument for platforms being dangerous, but it isn’t true. Letting people speak openly is actually the best way to get people to turn on your ideas and find them as wrong, not the other way around. Why do you think I’m police interrogations they want suspects talking as much as possible? The longer people with bad ideas talk, the harder it is to keep up a facade.

Rogan, by having people on you disagree with is the best thing, not the worst. And it also sets a great precedent that people, regardless of what you believe, are entitled to those ideas, because at some point(like we see on RE) even normal innocuous beliefs will be snuffed out and that’s a worse future overall. Otherwise, these people will just go underground and become more radicalized.
100 percent this. If "providing a platform" for people that some find problematic is the best you got then you have nothing. If every person was fully stupid and malleable this would have merit. Can someone point me to some data where joe rogan has turned his huge audience into far right bigots?

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
Era's bullshit is the reason I came here. I hated walking on eggshells and seeing legitimately fine people get banned. NeoGAF is way more chill with that.

Agreed. Same reason I left. And all different people with different viewpoints can discuss things without a cult like bullshit to shoot others down/dog pile them while the mods dish out bans inconsistent and heavy handed. I'd rather be in a place where people disagree with me on some points but have the freedom to do so.

Also I give TaySan TaySan respect. You talk and answer questions. I just hope you understand the left is here as well. We (mostly - there are some authoritarian stooges here) are the left that respect free discussion and hoping to find places where we can agree and build bridges with the other half of the political side. There's some shit I find distasteful that gets posts once in a while here (and elsewhere on the internet). But I find silencing them to be the pathway to a hellscape that backfires on all of us. But, respect to you and I hope no one dogpiles you here or there.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
100 percent this. If "providing a platform" for people that some find problematic is the best you got then you have nothing. If every person was fully stupid and malleable this would have merit. Can someone point me to some data where joe rogan has turned his huge audience into far right bigots?
B..but... they have a tweet from 2011!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Hopefully those rational people getting banned in the Rogan thread come on over here. They deserve better and to be treated like actual people.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
To clarify I don't mean he's the literal devil, but with such a massive fanbase of his I think it's irresponsible to bring people like Milo in and letting them spread their views to the world.

So because of that one interview he is evil.
But you’re completely fine associating with people who dox and wish death on others because of their skin colour / sex?

Joe Rogan is the 2020 litmus test so far.

If you don't STRONGLY condemn him, you are "Dismissing concerns around bigotry" or just straight up "Dismissing bigotry" full stop.

People catching bans in there for just not hating on him ENOUGH.

MarioSuperstar77 said:
clapping%2Bhands.gif

Let's decide who to vote for. Warren is my pick.

[User Banned (3 months): dismissing bigotry, account in junior phase]
[Link]

Amazing. Simply amazing. Of course, Trump has been the big test previously, but just banning Trump supporters/non-haters got boring once they ran out of targets... so they found a way to keep gunning for targets.

Joe Rogan is the 2020 litmus test so far.

If you don't STRONGLY condemn him, you are "Dismissing concerns around bigotry" or just straight up "Dismissing bigotry" full stop.

People catching bans in there for just not hating on him ENOUGH.

[User Banned (3 months): dismissing bigotry, account in junior phase]
[Link]

Amazing. Simply amazing. Of course, Trump has been the big test previously, but just banning Trump supporters/non-haters got boring once they ran out of targets... so they found a way to keep gunning for targets.
Next week, they're gonna start targetting Sanders supporters. Mark my words. Screenshot this, even. Warren is their "woke" savior that matters to them despite her clear flaws.

Nixonomics

Possibly. I'll admit though im not the most informed on Trans issues, but if you belief that simply being Trans is a sin that should be condemned than yes you are transphobic. Thats why i think Milo is Homophobic despite being homosexual himself. : P

And thank you for letting me speak here, :D

Wait a minute - i smell a bad faith actor. Mods, krump 'em!

Yes. "All are welcome!"
Except the "blitzkrieg is coming" kind of trolls obviously

Send garbage for the trashfire of free thinkers. Keep the lunatics.

Last edited:
Next week, they're gonna start targetting Sanders supporters. Mark my words. Screenshot this, even. Warren is their "woke" savior that matters to them despite her clear flaws.

I mentioned it earlier, but I will be curious to see how they do that, since there are not an insubstantial amount of Sanders supporters over there. I guess Bish and his Xbox crusade may be a good template for what to do, but they have to tread semi-carefully unless they really want to shake the hornets nest.

Someone needs to find something Transphobic about Warren.. that'd make the place melt down right away.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Here's the thing. Era pretends to be accepting and inclusive to all people. The LGBT community, poc, women etc. Any person which might be "marginalized" to use that shit term. However... say something that hivemind doesn't like and youre out. They will delight in throwing you under the bus and calling you every horrible thing they can think of. ERA is for poc? Bring up Candace Owen's in a positive manner over there and see how long you last. How about Brandon Tatum? Zuby?They are for the gay community? Bring up Dave Rubin. Andy Ngo? Rob Smith? Nope. Fuck em all. They dont agree. For trans people? How about Blair White? Nope. Fuck her. And the list can go on.

Last edited:
Dude.

YOU👏CAN'T👏VOTE👏HERE👏

excelsiorlef said:
My centrist candidate?

While we're in the primaries, fuck Joe Biden

There are definitely Republicans here on this forum btw.

And nah you don't get a pass at letting the bleeding continue for all because you're one of the millions that got stabbed

You made this about Joe Biden again, this isn't about Joe Biden.

[Link]

Last edited:

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Just wanted to reiterate that this place is much more chill than ERA. No other "post reply" button has given me as much anxiety than the one over at restera. Shit, I'm left leaning, and still have been lumped into several different right-wing "hate groups" over there. It didn't even need a political thread, just a simple thread about a video game, which inevitably turns into a shit-show of more politics (because hard ass politics needs to be in every conversation, apparently) with them hating on anything right leaning...aka...anything to the right of the progressive left. Step out of line, the ban-hammer of injustice came swiftly.

Looking back, I have no clue why I coveted my account there so much. Maybe because it's so hard to get an account there? I dunno. I sure as shit didn't feel welcomed there.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yes. "All are welcome!"
Except the "blitzkrieg is coming" kind of trolls obviously
Frankly, if I got banned from a site for something as innocuous as "There's nothing racist about Joe Rogan" when it's a true statement, that website would be dead to me. I'd never ever want to go back there. Can't see how anyone would.

So the only reason ree thinks he is a transphobe is because he thinks trans athletes should not be in female sports???

I remember that shit article sweetnicole put up to set the precident to ban people with those views

1) it was done on a handful of cherry picked athletes

2) the athletes they picked were not actually competive in their original fields

3) the article was written by a trans person...so you can see where the butter was going to be spread

4) and probably the worst part of it was the so called scientist who looked at the medical data was not even in that field or was an actual scientist.

They have basically used that as the basis to defend people who have views that might actually put females in danger.

I mentioned it earlier, but I will be curious to see how they do that, since there are not an insubstantial amount of Sanders supporters over there. I guess Bish and his Xbox crusade may be a good template for what to do, but they have to tread semi-carefully unless they really want to shake the hornets nest.

Someone needs to find something Transphobic about Warren.. that'd make the place melt down right away.
In 2012, she voted against a bill that would allow sex reassignment surgery for inmates, stating something among the lines of it being a "waste of taxpayer dollars." Bernie, on the other hand, has never took such a stance against the interests of transgender people, at least knowingly.

TaySan

Banned
So because of that one interview he is evil.
But you’re completely fine associating with people who dox and wish death on others because of their skin colour / sex?
Well I was saying is one example of him letting many far right wingers on his show.

And huh? Where did I said I was okay with doing that? Especially just because of their race/sex? Era i imagine is the last place something like that would happen.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Well I was saying is one example of him letting many far right wingers on his show.

And huh? Where did I said I was okay with doing that? Especially just because of their race/sex? Era i imagine is the last place something like that would happen.

Are you kidding? It happens all the time on Era. Someone just quoted a mod not a page back on being okay with killing white babies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Here's the thing. Era pretends to be accepting and inclusive to all people. The LGBT community, poc, women etc. Any person which might be "marginalized" to use that shit term. However... say something that hivemind doesn't like and youre out. They will delight in throwing you under the bus and calling you every horrible thing they can think of. ERA is for poc? Bring up Candace Owen's in a positive manner over there and see how long you last. How about Brandon Tatum? Zuby?They are for the lgbt community? Bring up Dave Rubin. Andy Ngo? Rob Smith? Nope. Fuck em all. They dont agree. For trans people? How about Blair White? Nope. Fuck her. And the list can go on.
It's the most racist and bigoted website on the internet. And they don't realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom