• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Man that excel person is so terrible. Anyone else would have been mega banned for being even half as aggressive half of the time. He/she must be giving daily rimjobs to the mods or something.
No, no, I'm sure that every user is allowed to make a thread where they admit the only reason they made it is to later scour it so as to pull receipts on people to get them banned later on.

Papa

Banned
Huh? Many of those things LGBT people are still fighting for today. In many states you can be denied housing for being gay.

And I already answered your question.

So me and you fuddementaly disagree on whether being homosexual is something you can choose and be "influenced" by. That's a pretty big difference.

You don’t believe that sexuality can be affected by childhood experiences?

Ionian

Man that excel person is so terrible. Anyone else would have been mega banned for being even half as aggressive half of the time. He/she must be giving daily rimjobs to the mods or something.

They got banned for a few minutes once upon a time and said they learned their lesson though!

TaySan

Banned
You don’t believe that sexuality can be affected by childhood experiences?
It's a complicated subject so I'm not going to pretend I know it all, but I believe it's a mixure of biological/environmental factors but people don't just wake up tomorrow morning and say "I'm going to be gay from here on out." Like that is not how this works at all.

Last edited:

Ionian

It's a complicated subject so I'm not going to pretend I know it all, but I believe it's a mixure of biological/environmental factors but people don't just wake up tomorrow morning and say "I'm going to be gay from here on out." Like that is not how this works at all.

Going by your topics you posted on Resetera, how would you even know?

Papa

Banned

You’re right, it’s complicated.

So then why the fuck are you labelling anyone who isn’t lockstep in line with your equality dogma hateful, fearmongering homophobes?

pulga

Banned
Y'all Dude with embarassing furry anime avatar you're acting like an absolute dicks towards Taysan, there's no need to call him autist and personal shit like that. Not my place to tell you to cool it but fucking hell, it's embarassing.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Y'all acting like absolute dicks towards Taysan, there's no need to call him autist and personal shit like that. Not my place to tell you to cool it but fucking hell, it's embarassing.

Fuck off, idiot. The point is to disarm his victimhood badge which he frequently wields as a criticism shield. You don’t understand what you’re talking about.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Fuck off, idiot. The point is to disarm his victimhood badge which he frequently wields as a criticism shield. You don’t understand what you’re talking about.
Wtf? Honestly you guys are the ones that keep bringing it up. That other day I simply asked Scopa Scopa to be better about using autism as an insult and he decided to post that screen cap of me. If it wasn't for that no one here would have known I was autistic.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Y'all acting like absolute dicks towards Taysan, there's no need to call him autist and personal shit like that. Not my place to tell you to cool it but fucking hell, it's embarassing.
I wasn’t being a dick, I was asking honest questions. If you think I’m being a dick, I’d love for you to show examples of it.

Kagey K

Banned
You're right, should probably edit my "y'all" to only refer to the dude with the embarassing furry anime avatar

but i did call him a him lol, the fuck are you on about haha
I just don’t like generalizations.

There is a conversation here that I would like to continue, but this probably isn’t the right place for it.

Too many distractions.

benjipwns

Banned
They got banned for a few minutes once upon a time and said they learned their lesson though!
A screenshot of the infamous few minutes:
MaQb6v4.png

Her reaction when unbanned a few minutes later:
5FcCSCi.png

6ZomuSE.png

holygeesus

Banned
Sexuality should be kept out of all schooling as should religion. Let kids find out about it themselves by having fumbles in the local park. Pre-pubescent children, should not be having hormone altering treatment at primary school ages anyway so I'm not entirely sure why you would target trans education their way. Just treat them to be respectful of all people regardless.

Excel has been banned a few times already and I'm pretty sure they have ticked the multiple infractions quota....the problem with banning excel is they run the discord hitsquad with the Google docs spreadsheet of ban targets and there are at least 5 others I know of in that little click that target/bait and seek out the wrongthinkers and troll through their post history mass reporting stuff

These people actually enjoy getting people banned and if excel gets booted they lose that little group that's helping that place be a special little he'll.

Taysan.....I can pretty much guarantee you would be on their watch list so it's only a matter of time.

Papa

Banned
So, insults are the only way you know how to engage with other users then? Pathetic AF.

How convenient: you’re ignoring the fact that my insults are in direct response to him refusing to address his opponents’ arguments, falling back on dogma, and throwing them through the ideological woodchipper. If he can stop doing that, I’ll give him back his shiny little victim badge. Deal?

Now that I think about it, I don’t think that I’ve ever seen you outside of this thread. In fact, your entire recent post history is limited to this thread. Could it be that you’re a screecher who wasn’t quite screechy enough for Ree, so now you’re trying to make your nest here? Get your own shit under control before trying to control mine.

pulga

Banned
How convenient: you’re ignoring the fact that my insults are in direct response to him refusing to address his opponents’ arguments, falling back on dogma, and throwing them through the ideological woodchipper. If he can stop doing that, I’ll give him back his shiny little victim badge. Deal?

Now that I think about it, I don’t think that I’ve ever seen you outside of this thread. In fact, your entire recent post history is limited to this thread. Could it be that you’re a screecher who wasn’t quite screechy enough for Ree, so now you’re trying to make your nest here? Get your own shit under control before trying to control mine.

LMAO

is this post what the cool kids nowadays call reeeeeeing?

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned

I think you need help. Like step away from the Internet a bit.

That's sad comming from me. lol

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought when they were banned at one time (might have been a week) they basically threatened suicide as well because it was 'all too dark'. Since then they are under the umbrella of the protected posters. I mean just like when Eden was absolutely annihilated in a Star Wars thread, Excelsiorlef just got completely outed in that thread with their real aims and objectives and the thread was just closed.

Thing is era has had the most amount of turnover in staff. Only a handful of the originals have survived - yet moderation is getting worse. Now couple this with the select few posters that are unbannable, and you basically arrive at what most of the forums are saying. Era has it's own version of the 1% in positions of privilege, and they even have a class system within the userbase. Everything they despise. Why don;t the general forum posters unionise for representation - I'm sure the mods would be supportive of that......

So you have a very small number of consistent mods, you have a very select few who are close to the mods. As more mods have left the team the ideology has become more toxic, visible and overbearing. You can't add more mods to overcome a problem, you need to replace the mods that are the problem, the cockroaches that still scuttle round pushing their own shite onto people and protecting the posters that make that place fucking miserable. Will B-Dubs actually step up and identify as a man or stronk gender fluid ennbee and deal with the problems? Or will he remain in the background, a hostage to these mods and users just like the rest of the forum.

All in all, that excelsiorlef screenshot thread is everything you need to know. They make fuckign stupid statements or try to ban bait with reductive edicts, then when someone actually pokes into their opinions or points they crumble like a biscuit. After you spend the 20/30 minutes getting them to actually answer the really basic questions that expose them. Then, when suitably embarassed the thread is closed by the mods 'looking out for them' to spare them that public humiliation.

Papa

Banned
Wtf? Honestly you guys are the ones that keep bringing it up. That other day I simply asked Scopa Scopa to be better about using autism as an insult and he decided to post that screen cap of me. If it wasn't for that no one here would have known I was autistic.

Here’s a life lesson for you, TS: if you deign to tell free people what to do, expect them to do the exact opposite. When they do, know that it’s not because they have some deeply held hatred for you or people who share your attributes; it’s because it’s the most effective way to tell you to go fuck yourself and stop being an authoritarian little shit.

I suspect you can’t understand why I’m being so hostile to you so I’m going to spell it out for you. It’s because you frequently label people unfit for society for not sharing your political views. Worst of all, you do it without presenting any evidence and instead relying on hearsay. You did it with Joe Rogan this week; you did it with Milo today; and I’ve seen you constantly do it on Ree, I suspect to fit in and feel accepted. That shit doesn’t fly here though. If you want to fit in here, cut the bullshit or expect to be insulted.

TaySan

Banned
Here’s a life lesson for you, TS: if you deign to tell free people what to do, expect them to do the exact opposite. When they do, know that it’s not because they have some deeply held hatred for you or people who share your attributes; it’s because it’s the most effective way to tell you to go fuck yourself and stop being an authoritarian little shit.

I suspect you can’t understand why I’m being so hostile to you so I’m going to spell it out for you. It’s because you frequently label people unfit for society for not sharing your political views. Worst of all, you do it without presenting any evidence and instead relying on hearsay. You did it with Joe Rogan this week; you did it with Milo today; and I’ve seen you constantly do it on Ree, I suspect to fit in and feel accepted. That shit doesn’t fly here though. If you want to fit in here, cut the bullshit or expect to be insulted.
I honestly don't care anymore if you guys insult me, but I'm just stating the fact I'm not using my Autism as a shield when you guys are the ones that keep bringing it up all the time. Lol

Papa

Banned
*checks thread title*

your family must really love you if this is what your civil and not personal looks like, like just ecstatic to have you around everyday

You still haven’t addressed his behaviour that precipitated the insults. Take your blinders off or fuck off.

pulga

Banned
You still haven’t addressed his behaviour that precipitated the insults. Take your blinders off or fuck off.
Dont give a shit what his behavior is, just dont see the need for the personal insults. Call him a cunt, dickwad, fuckface, don't really care for the generic insults. Getting personal should be where the line is drawn, it's in the goddamn thread title.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I honestly don't care anymore if you guys insult me, but I'm just stating the fact I'm not using my Autism as a shield when you guys are the ones that keep bringing it up all the time. Lol

That’s a good start, now deprogram yourself from the other fragile behaviours and we can start to have a civil conversation. Specifically, stop slandering and assassinating the character of people you know nothing about simply because they don’t share your political opinion. Especially for opinions on topics that you yourself admit are complicated.

Papa

Banned
Dont give a shit what his behavior is, just dont see the need for the personal insults. Call him a cunt, dickwad, fuckface, don't really care for the generic insults. Getting personal should be where the line is drawn, it's in the goddamn thread title.

Fuck off, cunt. People like you are the problem. I’d tell you to go back to Ree but they permed you already.

pulga

Banned
Fuck off, cunt. People like you are the problem. I’d tell you to go back to Ree but they permed you already.

Aww look at you using cunt already, you learned a new word today! Gold star for you.

You're right though, I'm fucking off, but off to bed! You should get some sleep too, you're awfully cranky :(

Papa

Banned
Aww look at you using cunt already, you learned a new word today! Gold star for you.

You're right though, I'm fucking off, but off to bed! You should get some sleep too, you're awfully cranky :(

Hahahaha thanks for confirming you’ve never ventured outside of this thread.

I'm all for criticizing some of Taysan's beliefs, but you guys really need to knock it off with attacking him directly, specifically his autism. I'm on the spectrum myself (albeit on the low end) and it's really not relevant here. If you're capable of typing things on a message board, you're capable of thinking for yourself.

Excel has been banned a few times already and I'm pretty sure they have ticked the multiple infractions quota....the problem with banning excel is they run the discord hitsquad with the Google docs spreadsheet of ban targets and there are at least 5 others I know of in that little click that target/bait and seek out the wrongthinkers and troll through their post history mass reporting stuff

These people actually enjoy getting people banned and if excel gets booted they lose that little group that's helping that place be a special little he'll.

Taysan.....I can pretty much guarantee you would be on their watch list so it's only a matter of time.

Excel is only on record as having been warned once. Other than the quickly rescinded ban, I'm not sure if there are any other infractions. If there are, they've quickly become scrubbed.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I just went to resetera for a gawk to see how things are going over there. It's a lazy Sunday where I'm sitting on my ass smoking joints but..

Do they not realise the forum looks awful when every third poster is banned. I mean I was looking at a thread from October 2019 and literally every third poster is gone.

It's not that long ago and these posters didn't look like Spam.

Papa

Banned
I'm all for criticizing some of Taysan's beliefs, but you guys really need to knock it off with attacking him directly, specifically his autism. I'm on the spectrum myself (albeit on the low end) and it's really not relevant here. If you're capable of typing things on a message board, you're capable of thinking for yourself.

Excel is only on record as having been warned once. Other than the quickly rescinded ban, I'm not sure if there are any other infractions. If there are, they've quickly become scrubbed.

“You guys”. No need to equalise. I was the only one who mentioned it, so you can address me directly.

It’s a shit test that you and pulga are failing miserably. The only reason I mention it is because he has previously waved it around as a criticism shield. Not very smart to reveal your weak point like that, especially when you expect to continue on and engage in slander and cancel culture with no repercussions.

Care to elaborate on why you ignore his behaviour and focus only on the insult he received in response? Don’t give me some bullshit about power differentials and punching down.

TaySan

Banned
“You guys”. No need to equalise. I was the only one who mentioned it, so you can address me directly.

It’s a shit test that you and pulga are failing miserably. The only reason I mention it is because he has previously waved it around as a criticism shield. Not very smart to reveal your weak point like that, especially when you expect to continue on and engage in slander and cancel culture with no repercussions.

Care to elaborate on why you ignore his behaviour and focus only on the insult he received in response? Don’t give me some bullshit about power differentials and punching down.
Lol Criticism shield? I simply asked people to stop using it as an insult, but then you guys made it all personal. But whatever call me a fucking autist all day long if it makes you feel better.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Here’s a tip, if you don’t want people to discuss aspects of yourself or look down on you, don’t post it publically on the fucking internet. Especially pathetic shit like “ResetEra is my social life”. Am I supposed to respect that statement or deduce from it that you are a sad loser?

I copied and pasted that screen. It was already out there, not to mention, you made the fucking post yourself. Don’t be an idiot. It’s really quite simple.

PSA: I’d like to take this time to REMIND some of you dimwits, that it was you that started tagging this sperg into threads. I have no fucking idea why some of you do this. What are you hoping to achieve except for pages and pages of wasted life?

Papa

Banned
Lol Criticism shield? I simply asked people to stop using it as an insult, but then you guys made it all personal. But whatever call me a fucking autist all day long if it makes you feel better.

Hey man, you were the one that told me to “be better”.

Papa

Banned
Here’s a tip, if you don’t want people to discuss aspects of yourself or look down on you, don’t post it publically on the fucking internet. Especially pathetic shit like “ResetEra is my social life”. Am I supposed to respect that statement or deduce from it that you are a sad loser?

I copied and pasted that screen. It was already out there, not to mention, you made the fucking post yourself. Don’t be an idiot. It’s really quite simple.

PSA: I’d like to take this time to REMIND some of you dimwits, that it was you that started tagging this sperg into threads. I have no fucking idea why some of you do this. What are you hoping to achieve except for pages and pages of wasted life?

This entire thread is about wasted life. What’s your point?

TaySan

Banned

Okay, but that doesn't change my point that I'm not using it as a shield when it's you guys are the ones bringing it up. Whether it was you that did it or kiwi idgaf

People here can call me an autist all day long if that makes them feel better I'm just stating that fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom