• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handel

This whole Hilary Duff thing is a new low for REE, holy hell. Just accept that any incident involving a black person and any white person, the white person is always motivated by racism if they have any negative perception of the black person. This is pure insanity. No you don't get to accuse any incident of this matter of being racially motivated, I don't give a fuck about your life experiences. If you think this way, then you're a racist against white people, on a personal level obviously. There is no disputing this.

REE gladly houses and allows racist people to run the asylum, this is the road they have expressly chosen to take. Congratulations, you've entered a new low of "wokeness".

This whole Hilary Duff thing is a new low for REE, holy hell. Just accept that any incident involving a black person and any white person, the white person is always motivated by racism if they have any negative perception of the black person. This is pure insanity. No you don't get to accuse any incident of this matter of being racially motivated, I don't give a fuck about your life experiences. If you think this way, then you're a racist against white people, on a personal level obviously. There is no disputing this.

REE gladly houses and allows racist people to run the asylum, this is the road they have expressly chosen to take. Congratulations, you've entered a new low of "wokeness".

Any sensible posters over there have learned to avoid those threads, as there is no room for discussion _at_all_. You either parrot the racist line or you're banned.

Trans / Race / Politics are the no-go zone if you value your account. The hard part is the usual suspects over there desperately try to tie in transracepolitics into EVERY THREAD if they can.

Daffy Duck

I’m still salty i got a week ban from the Coronavirus thread about believing the numbers China were putting out, based purely on the changing criteria they use for testing.

Nope, ban for a conspiracy theory.

I also can’t Believe what I’m reading on Era lately, it’s such a negative place.

Any sensible posters over there have learned to avoid those threads, as there is no room for discussion _at_all_. You either parrot the racist line or you're banned.

Trans / Race / Politics are the no-go zone if you value your account. The hard part is the usual suspects over there desperately try to tie in transracepolitics into EVERY THREAD if they can.

100% this, I stay out of 98% of threads now and stick solely to gaming threads and stay there for gaming news.

Place is wild.

Last edited:

Handel

I know this all too well, I was permabanned for "racism" for calling out black Boyega supporters for their part in harassing KMT. Apparently it's racist to hold people accountable.

Dr. Claus

Banned
No, Hecht is an admin. They're pretty much like lead mods. Just a volunteer. B Dubs is the "general manager", and actually has some kind of IT-related duties (like "Nicole" before him) and is presumably compensated some modest amount. In addition he apparently gets to dictate moderation.

Nicole actually customized scripts and code for the site for free. Fuck that.

They didn't do shit. They just copy and pasted what GAF does. Anyone can copy and paste.

Dr. Claus

Banned
I’m still salty i got a week ban from the Coronavirus thread about believing the numbers China were putting out, based purely on the changing criteria they use for testing.

Nope, ban for a conspiracy theory.

I also can’t Believe what I’m reading on Era lately, it’s such a negative place.

100% this, I stay out of 98% of threads now and stick solely to gaming threads and stay there for gaming news.

Place is wild.

Why go there at all? Why not focus on GAF and bring people here where you can have the gaming news without dealing with repugnant mentally ill cunts mandating what is offensive?

cormack12

Gold Member
Place is wild.

It's not a place for 'discussion'. Their brand of discussion is around an established 'truth'. For example the discussion is never around whether something is racist or 'problematic'. Everyone agrees the central theme is racist, transphobic or problematic - the 'discussion' is purely around how that person is a piece of shit, or how that person must do better or be cancelled or how it's a microcosm of a larger societal problem in which they are the victims.

Daffy Duck

Why go there at all? Why not focus on GAF and bring people here where you can have the gaming news without dealing with repugnant mentally ill cunts mandating what is offensive?

Because I thought this place died in al honesty since “the event” I only poked my head around once or twice since then.

It's not a place for 'discussion'. Their brand of discussion is around an established 'truth'. For example the discussion is never around whether something is racist or 'problematic'. Everyone agrees the central theme is racist, transphobic or problematic - the 'discussion' is purely around how that person is a piece of shit, or how that person must do better or be cancelled or how it's a microcosm of a larger societal problem in which they are the victims.

You’re right about the discussion. There’s very very little to discuss at all, and it’s more like walk around on eggshells in most topics of you are doing to take part in the conversation.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In my experience it’s usually the people who have spent the least amount of time with minorities who are the most racist. You have the racist people on the right who live in really white neighborhoods, have been fed racist propaganda their whole lives by their parents or family or friends and grow up thinking awful things about minorities. Then you have the racist people on the left who are the white knights and also live in up scale white neighborhoods, have also never spent any time around minorities, but think white people are horrible and that minorities like this crazy anti white nonsense.

The truth is that neither side are right. Most sane people regardless of race think this stuff is absolutely insane. If you live in a big city or even a moderately sized town, you interact with or come into contact with people of all backgrounds on a day to day basis and don’t really think anything of it, it’s just a way of life it’s just the way it is because it’s commonplace. The people who make a big deal about this kinda stuff simply aren’t used to interacting with different people. It would be like me going out west and seeing in and out burger for the first time and being like OMG IN AND OUT BURGER!11! And everyone is kinda like umm yeah, so?

That’s what these far left people think when they hear the term minority. They don’t know any minorities so they think they’re begging for these losers and dorks to white knight for them. Most of them just wanna be left alone and be treated like anyone else.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Banned
Because I thought this place died in al honesty since “the event” I only poked my head around once or twice since then.

You’re right about the discussion. There’s very very little to discuss at all, and it’s more like walk around on eggshells in most topics of you are doing to take part in the conversation.

Ah, that makes more sense. I was under the impression you knew GAF was still around and chose to stay in that awful place. Apologies for the wrong assumption.

Tesseract

Banned
In my experience it’s usually the people who have spent the least amount of time with minorities who are the most racist. You have the racist people on the right who live in really white neighborhoods, have been fed racist propaganda their whole lives by their parents or family or friends and grow up thinking awful things about minorities. Then you have the racist people on the left who are the white knights and also live in up scale white neighborhoods, have also never spent any time around minorities, but think white people are horrible and that minorities like this crazy anti white nonsense.

The truth is that neither side are right. Most sane people regardless of race think this stuff is absolutely insane. If you live in a big city or even a moderately sized town, you interact with or come into contact with people of all backgrounds on a day to day basis and don’t really think anything of it, it’s just a way of life it’s just the way it is because it’s commonplace. The people who make a big deal about this kinda stuff simply aren’t used to interacting with different people. It would be like me going out west and seeing in and out burger for the first time and being like OMG IN AND OUT BURGER!11! And everyone is kinda like umm yeah, so?

That’s what these far left people think when they hear the term minority. They don’t know any minorities so they think they’re begging for these losers and dorks to white knight for them. Most of them just wanna be left alone and be treated like anyone else.

you don't really see a lot of racism in rural areas either, it doesn't track because it doesn't factor into life

kinda like class

'content of character' is what seems to matter out here, especially in the south

Last edited:
hs3knS8.png

ViolentP

For whatever reason I just feel bad for him. Wish he could find some sort of happiness.

I absolutely wish him happiness. It just seems he's opted to be this personality over actually focusing on said happiness. I sure as fuck ain't gonna work for it for him if he isn't.

I absolutely wish him happiness. It just seems he's opted to be this personality over actually focusing on said happiness. I sure as fuck ain't gonna work for it for him if he isn't.
I honestly think he is just trying to fit in. And he can’t find the right balance. It makes me sad that he seems so out of place and lonely.

ViolentP

I honestly think he is just trying to fit in. And he can’t find the right balance. It makes me sad that he seems so out of place and lonely.
I always believed it was better to do nothing than to do the wrong thing. He needs to stop doing what is isolating him and review before next attempt. But stop repeatedly doing the same thing if it is not helping you.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

My stance on "I'm nearing suicide" threads:

They should be against the TOS. Fellow forum posters are not your therapists. Seek real help, from those qualified to give real advice.

A bunch of people saying "don't do it" is the expected outcome. It's a short term solution. There needs to be a better, deeper reason to hold onto life.

This is interesting. First of all, hi Hecht. You realize you're giving clicks to these places and thus helping them SEO-wise even if you have adblock on, keeping them alive, right?

Anyway, it seems like Hecht actually might be the kind of person I thought he was; a regretful ex-conservative that openly overcorrected with a tendency to look down on those that may still have some of the views he discarded. I see this with a lot of people that served in the military and were hyper conservative at the time, but went to the opposite extreme after getting out for one reason or another. It generally causes a lot of strife with friends and acquaintances, especially old army buddies that will often lean right (though people tend to underestimate the amount of left-leaning people that serve as well).

If you're reading this Hecht, know that I hold no malice toward you and I could absolutely be way off base in my assessment. If you're actually willing to step out of your echo chamber, you must at least be tangentially aware of the view people have of the place you moderate, and it's pretty clearly not all bots. You're of course clearly set in your ways if you're still so willing to call this place a den of losers, but that's besides the point. I hope one day you can open your mind and see not everyone outside the bubble that is Era is some gun-toting redneck wanting to delete the rights of marginalized minorities. Some of us might even be further left than you are :D

Someone get Hobbs some kneepads. I'm worried for his longterm health, hes not gonna be able to walk when he gets older at this rate.

Ymir

Got to love the one guy basically equating the boys who lost as '4chan/Nazis' for not smiling on the podium.

Pro-Tip: 106lb weight division?
17 year old girl...

What kind of boys are 106lbs?

13 and 14 year olds!!

Congrats, an 18 year old senior female wrestler out wrestled a couple boys in 9th grade.

On the bright side tho, at least it's an ACTUAL biological girl!
Gotta love how much they are shitting at the guys for not smiling about losing. I’ve never seen a group so confused by the sight of the winner being happier than the loser. You’d think with all their anger issues they could understand losing.

Shantae

Banned
My stance on "I'm nearing suicide" threads:

They should be against the TOS. Fellow forum posters are not your therapists. Seek real help, from those qualified to give real advice.

A bunch of people saying "don't do it" is the expected outcome. It's a short term solution. There needs to be a better, deeper reason to hold onto life.
Thing is you're asking for rational behavior from someone who is thinking irrationally. I know from experience that it doesn't work that way. In retrospect you can see how stupid that behavior is, but in the moment, you make decisions that may not be the smartest because you're just desperate for help wherever you can find it sometimes.

nush

He's really desperate to be recognised by people that don't care about him unless he posts some woke copypasta thoughts. Dude needs to look for what makes him happy not tweeting into the void and sucking up to anyone on Era with the mildest of authority.

JordanN

Banned
If you ever thought being left-wing was going to save you from being called "racist" well think again.

QbRDUqC.png

If you're right-wing, you're Hitler. If you're centrist, you're Hitler. If you're left-wing, you're Hitler.

Which ideology isn't "alt-right" anymore?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
"we are actively watched and hounded by alt-right groups"
How does one live like that
Paranoid schizophrenia is characterized by predominantly positive symptoms of schizophrenia, including delusions and hallucinations. These debilitating symptoms blur the line between what is real and what isn’t, making it difficult for the person to lead a typical life.

drganon

If you ever thought being left-wing was going to save you from being called "racist" well think again.

QbRDUqC.png

If you're right-wing, you're Hitler. If you're centrist, you're Hitler. If you're left-wing, you're Hitler.

Which ideology isn't "alt-right" anymore?
Greg Miller always was a loud obnoxious douche. He's just parroting someone else's statement to get woke points. Sacred symbols is still the best playstation centric podcast. Not going to listen to a fake woke asshole who threw his friend of years under the bus over a joke.

zapiks44

I believe Martin Luther King once said he got more hatred and opposition in the northern US rather than the south for pretty much these reasons.

nush

Paranoid schizophrenia is characterized by predominantly positive symptoms of schizophrenia, including delusions and hallucinations. These debilitating symptoms blur the line between what is real and what isn’t, making it difficult for the person to lead a typical life.
her Twitter is absolutely normal, apart from the furry shit.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

ERA is all about the performance.

drganon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom