• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
ow the edge

they wont admit it, but alot of people there are basically this guy lol
are you sweetnicoles alt hmmm

sdgdsgs.png

giphy.gif

I'm all for empathy and trying to vote for the good of all, but the function of a democracy (especially a representative democracy) is to voice your own personal values and hopefully to see those get enacted in the government.

Also what happened to the snide "they were voting against their own best interests" from 2016?

Voting against your own best interests, bad. Voting against the interests of others, also bad.

Sounds like what they're really trying to say is "why don't you vote the way The Party tells you to?!?!"

Your representation of them is laughably naive.
Naive?

Or intentional?

How many times shall we forget the nature of the internet and its astroturfing ways?

Saruhashi

Banned
If that guy had any sense he would immediately delete his account on ReetardEra and get it scrubbed entirely.

Blah Blah Blah

If I were that guy I'd be getting that account scrubbed before some smart-ass decides to show my employer that their name is being openly placed beside "Racist Rhetoric".

I see the ban reason is updated and changed now.

"User Banned (1 week): Insensitive commentary around race"

ReetardEra: We stand against racism! Punch racists! We hope all racists die.
Also ReetardEra: If you are racist on here it will only be a one week ban.

Clowns.

pulga

Banned
giphy.gif

I'm all for empathy and trying to vote for the good of all, but the function of a democracy (especially a representative democracy) is to voice your own personal values and hopefully to see those get enacted in the government.

Also what happened to the snide "they were voting against their own best interests" from 2016?

Voting against your own best interests, bad. Voting against the interests of others, also bad.

Sounds like what they're really trying to say is "why don't you vote the way The Party tells you to?!?!"

Naive?

Or intentional?

How many times shall we forget the nature of the internet and its astroturfing ways?
best part is, that person just posted in the thread theyre not american, so what the fuck?

this guy gets it lol:

ssdfsd.png

Last edited:

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
I am confused.

When did Era have actual empathy for people aside from token fetishization of protected groups in certain situations? (With their support subject to change depending if the individual advanced their narrative... in which empathy went out the door.)

Last edited:
Hope everyone is having as good a morning as this guy!

Capture.png
LOL what a joke. Calls out people not caring about others while focusing only how it affects themselves. Oblivious selfishness. Also typed on a device made using near slave labor.

Nobody... NOBODY votes with anyone in mind other than themselves and close family. Anyone saying they voted for Clinton even tho Trump was a better choice for themselves personally is full of shit.

Last edited:

600Breezy

LOL what a joke. Calls out people not caring about others while only focusing only how it affects themselves. Oblivious selfishness. Also typed on a device made using near slave labor.

Nobody... NOBODY votes with anyone in mind other than themselves and close family. Anyone saying they voted for Clinton even tho Trump was a better choice for themselves personally is full of shit.

Hawkster is know for being constantly on the edge. He’s not in his right mind.

TheTurboFD

Last edited:

Thaedolus

To be fair, people who do all caps in professional emails ARE REALLY ANNOYING.

Side comment: is it just me it do women tend to you exclamation points in emails all the time?

MaxB

Banned
the upshot of all this is that people are just not going to bother commenting.

Wherever race or gender is even tangentially connected to the subject you have only two choices. Either agree that the minority person in the story is infallible and automatically correct, in which case what is the point in posting in a thread where everyone says the same thing as you, or don't agree and eat the hammer.

Look at that announcement thread for the new rules. 16 replies. Because they only thing you can say is 'I agree, good job' without getting banned.

The consequence of that is that those sorts of threads are going to get zero traction in future. So while the mods think they are banning racism and transphobia from the forum, what they are actually doing is banning discussion of racism and transphobia, which I am not sure is the intention.

What is there to disagree with, though? The points made were reasonable responses to genuine concerns of that community’s black members. Topics surrounding incidents of racism still generate plenty of discussion on Era. That thread has very few respondents because there isn’t much to disagree with and the racists on the forum know that chiming in with a dissenting voice would probably result in a ban.

MaxB

Banned
I see the ban reason is updated and changed now.

"User Banned (1 week): Insensitive commentary around race"

ReetardEra: We stand against racism! Punch racists! We hope all racists die.
Also ReetardEra: If you are racist on here it will only be a one week ban.

Clowns.

Only one week? What a pathetic response to clear racism and an insulting slap in the face to Era’s black community. Being that this was over Stinkles, I’m not at all shocked by the decision. He’s an insufferably unfunny cunt.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I don't know. Needing to vent about dumb work shit is all good IMO. All caps is fucking annoying.

Annoying absolutely, venting about working shit absolutely cool. Having an ego so frail that you think it means your getting yelled at and you think you need to confront that person = lol.

What is there to disagree with, though? The points made were reasonable responses to genuine concerns of that community’s black members. Topics surrounding incidents of racism still generate plenty of discussion on Era. That thread has very few respondents because there isn’t much to disagree with and the racists on the forum know that chiming in with a dissenting voice would probably result in a ban.
Discussion or Posts.

Because we have had tons of posts on topics like Stadia, but little discussion.

The reality is what is and isn’t acceptable in regards to what is racist, sexist, topics of political nature, representation of minorities are decided by White Men on that website.

Which is why they are so out of touch with all the topics.

Ol'Scratch

Advocacy of violence towards innocent whites? That doesn't happen on Era, no. If you're talking about support of violence towards fascists, then, that's different. I don't have a problem with that, nor should anyone who's a decent human being.
There are no innocent white people according to ERA silly rabbit. All are guilty of perpetrating and reinforcing the continued campaign against the black man.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
You know what?

I actually give credit to the certain RE members who see that the Democratic Party just played Sanders again and realize it is a shit institution and party. (and to be exact, the coordinated drop of Klob and Butti in addition to their endorsement for Biden along with Beto's endorsement - all at the last minute, while Warren continues to run with no hope of winning - Yep... nothing going on with those coordinated series of events)

Their candidate did it the right way twice and it's looking like the Democratic Leadership is fucking with him. I am actually proud they aren't rolling over and taking this like the rubes the DNC thinks they are. Yeah, you aren't changing the party from within. When push comes to shove, the Democrats just tolerate you as added bodies to the vote. They will never bend to allowing a true "Progressive" as leadership. You want your revolution? It ain't the Democrats, chief.

Btw, bonus round is when you see AOC get primaried out of her own seat by.... the Democrats.

And the other RE members that are now bending over backwards for Biden after talking all their shit...? hahahaha, No fucking integrity.

Last edited:

I think I would disagree with the notion that the problem with resetera is that the moderation is not strict enough.

Dr. Claus

Banned

Ah yes, the racists of the community. You mean the vast majority of the mods and "protected" members? Hell, half of the people int hat thread are fucking racist.

SCB3

lol this is a funny take.

haj6i2m.png

when you live in an alternate reality of white supremacy which is somehow against white people and they are the most fucked and society is against them even though it does their bidding.

:pie_thinking:

Ah Nepenthe being racist again, name a better duo

I'm waiting for the day she gets unmodded, itll be a glorious meltdown I'm sure

#Phonepunk#

Banned
minority life:
swQHDKb.png

MSNBC "verbalizes your thoughts"
also the "establishment" = "black women"
also the "corporate establishment" = "black women"
also "corporate billionaires" = "black women"

Last edited:
lol this is a funny take.

haj6i2m.png

when you live in an alternate reality of white supremacy which is somehow against white people and they are the most fucked and society is against them even though it does their bidding.

:pie_thinking:

I love that the 4 paragraphs don't speak with each other, they all go in a different direction:

"Black people have nothing to lose"
"Black people are fucked"
"White people please don't fuck us"
"White people are fucked"

It's like 4 different people wrote the same post and they're all idiots.

Ol'Scratch

You know what?

I actually give credit to the certain RE members who see that the Democratic Party just played Sanders again and realize it is a shit institution and party. (and to be exact, the coordinated drop of Klob and Butti in addition to their endorsement for Biden along with Beto's endorsement - all at the last minute, while Warren continues to run with no hope of winning - Yep... nothing going on with those coordinated series of events)

Their candidate did it the right way twice and it's looking like the Democratic Leadership is fucking with him. I am actually proud they aren't rolling over and taking this like the rubes the DNC thinks they are. Yeah, you aren't changing the party from within. When push comes to shove, the Democrats just tolerate you as added bodies to the vote. They will never bend to allowing a true "Progressive" as leadership. You want your revolution? It ain't the Democrats, chief.

Btw, bonus round is when you see AOC get primaried out of her own seat by.... the Democrats.

And the other RE members that are now bending over backwards for Biden after talking all their shit...? hahahaha, No fucking integrity.
Nobody played Sanders. The votes did not come. That is not on the DNC it is on the voters. They did not vote, they just want to be in on the cool counterculture so they can spout sound bytes on their social media. If a candidate has to depend on this other candidate going this way and another going that way, they will not win. People know that his promises are hollow, free medicare would never pass, nor would many of his other promises. The political infrastructure is not there yet.
Sadly Bernie idiots are already pulling the"I am just going to vote with my conscience and not vote horse shit just like they did last time.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
LOL what a joke. Calls out people not caring about others while focusing only how it affects themselves. Oblivious selfishness. Also typed on a device made using near slave labor.

So he's become just like the rest of the community?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I love that the 4 paragraphs don't speak with each other, they all go in a different direction:

"Black people have nothing to lose"
"Black people are fucked"
"White people please don't fuck us"
"White people are fucked"

It's like 4 different people wrote the same post and they're all idiots.

is it a surprise that people with schizo identities have schizo thoughts?
Sadly Bernie idiots are already pulling the"I am just going to vote with my conscience and not vote horse shit just like they did last time.
ah yes, let's see how the wonderful tactic of calling voters idiots gets you. didn't really work in 2016, did it?

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
Nobody played Sanders. The votes did not come. That is not on the DNC it is on the voters. They did not vote, they just want to be in on the cool counterculture so they can spout sound bytes on their social media. If a candidate has to depend on this other candidate going this way and another going that way, they will not win. People know that his promises are hollow, free medicare would never pass, nor would many of his other promises. The political infrastructure is not there yet.

In the matter of a literal 2 hours - Both Klobechar and Buttigieg drop on March 2nd. In addition to that, they endorse Biden. The polls weren't even that unfavorable to them, especially for Klobachar in her home state who was heavily favored to win.

An hour later, Beto comes out of the woodwork and endorses Biden... all before Super Tuesday.

Yeah, no one is talking to each other in the leadership.

This was hardly a series of coincidence.

Edit: I don't want to derail here though and we can discuss it in the primary thread. It's worth bullshitting about.

Last edited:
there's nothing that makes me facepalm more than WHITE people on ree hating other WHITE people & pandering and thinking it makes them look woke to the *few* actual black people on ree.
no lie if a black dude came up to those cucks on ree and asks to bang their wives to make up for being white, no doubt at least half of the Eraboys would be watching their wives get the fuck of her life.
I've never met a white person offline who acted like that, if a white person went out of their way to call me a "black queen" and shit on themselves & others in the name of wokeness,
1. I'd tell them to get the fuck off of Resetera and join the real world
2. I'd ask to fuck their wives
2. I'd think they are racist as fuck and trying hard to hide it.

Like what kind of 🤡 🌎 is it that the most racist people online are white people/black people agaisnt white peope and that shit is being clapped? I know plenty of black people who hate white people who treat them with more respect then "woke" white people do to other white people online.
Im liberal but i'm kind of ashamed to be at times when i see the bullshit on our side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom