• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That place and the people there are so pathetic. Trying to act like they are so noble by not buying a game when that isn't going to do a damn thing. Meanwhile they have no problem using other devices that people are being forced to make with slave labor. I saw that thread today and just rolled my eyes at how pathetic it is.

MiguelItUp

What a dufus. Crunch is something that exists in the majority of the technological industry, especially in software and games. Not really much can be done there. What CAN be done is based on how devs plan things to help alleviate crunch as much as possible. The thing is, that doesn't ALWAYS happen.

People are fucking idiots. Especially those kind of people, lmao.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I support their message, because I live through that and because of me laughing at their expense, when they inevitably buy the game and cum all over that their consoles. About what amazing cinematical EXPERIENCE it is.

Well I support that also, because Naughty Cucks does not produce anything other than overhyped trash. I would not be surprised if whole NC team would be on Reeeegres ERA.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
But I thought it was going to be their GAME OF THE YEAR because lesbians?! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It will fail because it's transpobic. The lesbians are cis white women and not trans women of colour. Neil Druckmann is not woke enough with 'traditional patriarchy' lesbians.
Did you know that Nadine from Uncharted 4 was played by a white woman (please ignore the point she got the role before the character was illustrated)? Naughty Dog are also racists #dogwhistle
Whens the last time a boycott worked for anything?
It worked well enough for the people of Mayo to Captain Boycott in the 19th century. They sent him to Coventry.

A reseterian victimist created a topic to try to get people on board and boycott TLOU 2 due to "crunching culture". The results? Find out yourself and have a few good laughs :

Highlights of this lunacy :

-No product, no matter how great, is worth sacrificing worker health and well being. (Poor ND workers, making the minimal wage, working inside a bunker with no food and rats as companions)

Reading the original post this was all I could think of

AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great Reeee crunch thread.

Nicely played derailment too.

The thread started as ND toxic workaholic culture (crunch) and now morphed into global exploitation of workers in other industries.... "slave work"

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
https://www.resetera.com/threads/crunchnomore-i-will-not-buy-last-of-us-2-join-me.174896/

so instead of wanting to spread awareness on an issue that I think is over blown, what your main goal is to not buy a game people are working their asses off to make in the first place. Thus resulting in less sales and which could include potential job losses and could even cause studio closures (obviously not for naughty dog the game will be a success but lets say smaller studios)
AND THIS IS THE GAMEPLAN YOU CAME UP WITH....!?!?

REeee of all places, not buying the latest and greatest game from NaUGhtY gODs for that?

Yeah, right :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Absolutely zero chance of that ‘cuz of the following:

Thanks for your inclusiveness and respect toward the LGBTQ+ community in The Last of Us II, one of the first AAA videogames this gen to bravely put a lesbian and her lesbian relationship front-and-center.

Oh but Kotaku said some of your sub-contractors worked crunch, so fuck you no buy.

But I thought it was going to be their GAME OF THE YEAR because lesbians?! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also, people who never crunched lambasting crunch. I mean, what do you call what health care providers are doing right now due to the Coronavirus shit? When you gotta do the job, and you gotta do it the best you can, you crunch.

Due to Italy's aging pop, it's no wonder it's taking its toll over there.

As someone who's visited multiple time to see the fam, you notice just how many older people there are. It's kinda crazy how many OLD people just sit outside their house or bars and play Scoppa (an italian card game), it's nothing like the USA or a lot of other countries.

It’s actually “scopa”. Yeah, like Scopa Scopa .

As Americans we pretty much keep to ourselves when we're at home and not working, but it Italy it's not like that.

My dads from a smaller southern town, but the amount of people who just sit in front of their homes and bars is crazy. It's not like here where you're walking around your neighboorhood and you don't see a soul, that's not how it is in Italy, everyone is out and doing whatever, it's very sociable. They don't come home and lock themselves in their house and watch netflix like we do especially in the summer time.
Let me guess, you’ve been to Tuscany, Emilia or some region in southern Italy. The life they live there is so different from the life in most northern regions, you couldn’t believe it’s the same country.
When you read English or American people longing for the idyllic, quiet lifestyle of the Italians, you know they’ve been to/live in Parma, Pisa or someplace like that :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Azzurri

Gold Member
REeee of all places, not buying the latest and greatest game from NaUGhtY gODs for that?

Yeah, right :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Absolutely zero chance of that ‘cuz of the following:

Also, people who never crunched lambasting crunch. I mean, what do you call what health care providers are doing right now due to the Coronavirus shit? When you gotta do the job, and you gotta do it the best you can, you crunch.

It’s actually “scopa”. Yeah, like Scopa Scopa .

Let me guess, you’ve been to Tuscany, Emilia or some region in southern Italy. The life they live there is so different from the life in most northern regions, you couldn’t believe it’s the same country.
When you read English or American people longing for the idyllic, quiet lifestyle of the Italians, you know they’ve been to/live in Parma, Pisa or someplace like that :messenger_grinning_squinting:
I
My family is from Vibo in Calabria. Oh I know because I’ve been all over Italy.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I
My family is from Vibo in Calabria. Oh I know because I’ve been all over Italy.
Oh, Calabria. Explains a lot. Our South gets a bad rap, but it truly does look and feel like a different world than Piemonte, Lombardia and Veneto, and not for bad reasons :messenger_heart:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Why am I not surprised these morons are taking the Coronavirus to absurd degrees of hyperbole. It is a fucking flu and it kills the people typically vulnerable to any other flu.

The lethality and rate at which it spreads is really serious. I don't see why they'd be all gung ho about it in a thread about soccer or whatever the fuck, but this is a serious pandemic that shouldn't be taken lightly. My girlfriend is a member of a response team for this at a local hospital, even healthy young people are getting wiped out by this. It isn't your garden variety flu.

What a dufus. Crunch is something that exists in the majority of the technological industry, especially in software and games. Not really much can be done there. What CAN be done is based on how devs plan things to help alleviate crunch as much as possible. The thing is, that doesn't ALWAYS happen.

People are fucking idiots. Especially those kind of people, lmao.

I work in regular-ass development, kind of specialized. We have crunch but it's nothing like the horror stories I hear coming out of game development. I honestly have no idea why people even work for some of those notorious studios. One can go get a routine software development job and get paid way more than they would to work in the games industry, for less hours. Hell they could make more in most cases just freelancing / private contracting out jobs. Even lower level IT jobs like DBA's and network engineers earn more than many games developers.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I work in regular-ass development, kind of specialized. We have crunch but it's nothing like the horror stories I hear coming out of game development. I honestly have no idea why people even work for some of those notorious studios. One can go get a routine software development job and get paid way more than they would to work in the games industry, for less hours. Hell they could make more in most cases just freelancing / private contracting out jobs. Even lower level IT jobs like DBA's and network engineers earn more than many games developers.
I've worked in the game industry for a few years at two different companies. Crunch happened in both studios. It was primarily in QA of course, but it still happened in other departments as well. Sometimes it can be poor planning, shifting in deadlines, etc. The thing is people that were there WANTED to be there. Was it kind of not "right" in a working or job sense? Oh of course! But you never saw anyone getting up and running for the door. Blame it on passion, or whatever. But the thing is if you want to work in the AAA game market, especially in QA, that kind of crunch is incredibly likely. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it's chances of it happening are high, there's just a lot of variables. 🤷‍♂️

Also, yeah, VERY true. I've known a lot of people that left games doing QA and went directly into software QA and were shocked about how much more they made. I feel like every position in games would get a bump not being in games, lol.

But the perk is, well, working in games. 🤷‍♂️

MiguelItUp

It actually does. This is due to a culture built on a professional base rather than a hobbist base. Between my gaming jobs I worked front line on a helpdesk and was oncall (That I got paid extra for). It was boring but stable and paid better.
Oh yeah, I know! I didn't mean for that to sound like a question, haha. Lord knows I've had enough experience personally to prove its true, haha.

It's just sad that there are positions that will pay people so low in games and their mindset is, "Well, you're working in games!" as if it's some kind of a privilege. It's gross.

I've heard that example be tossed around from multiple folks that have been in the industry. It's sad.

Rien

Jelly Belly
That boycot thread.. so Cory Backlog is bad now as well. I am not the biggest fan of Druckmann (he comes over as a person a bit full of himself, liked Straley more) but people working at ND can search for something different if they dont like it over there right?
The whole boycot is just a low effort and easy points to score.
If you want to take a stance to crunch and bad work conditions, more power to you, then choose the ones where is it absolutely the worse..

But you know... whataboutism, banned and all that

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
That boycot thread.. so Cory Backlog is bad now as well. I am not the biggest fan of Druckmann (he comes over as a person a bit full of himself, liked Straley more) but people working at ND can search for something different if they dont like it over there right?
The whole boycot is just a low effort and easy points to score.
If you want to take a stance to crunch and bad work conditions, more power to you, then choose the ones where is it absolutely the worse..

But you know... whataboutism, banned and all that

Doesn't matter how much they virtue signal and attempt to score Twitter points. On a long enough timeline, all those pandering assholes will be cancelled by the mob.

Hope they finally understand it's an unwinnable game trying to court the regressive left and just ignore them and stick to their own ethics and principles in game development.

ResetEra doesn't have any fucking power if they choose to ignore them as a game developer. They will get angry tweets and low effort opinion pieces in the dying game's media at worst. If their game is solid and the fans like it, all that "bad press" doesn't amount to shit to the bottom line.

"Oh no. This nearly bankrupted gaming website wrote an obviously agenda based opinion column on me." Yeah, that's called a fucking blog entry. Not journalism.

They need to do right by their fans and make a good game. Not cater to these perpetually hysterical zealots.

Last edited:

Ionian

I am convinced sometimes that RedMercury is a level 9 troll. We are talking fine tuned and deep cover. No one is this perfectly, consistently, and unironically regressive left. No one.

Seriously, who's account is this?

I don't think he's a troll, just a delusional moron that makes up stories for attention.

Their posts are always overcooked and say nothing. If he's a troll then the amount of time he's spent posting means the jokes on him tbh.

Bullet Club

Banned
Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Popeyes cancelled.

Send all the stores and the chicken to Australia please.

holy fuck, they literally ran another ad with other people and “RACISM” is their first thought?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
holy fuck, they literally ran another ad with other people and “RACISM” is their first thought?
Yes Popeyes are the racists not the people who are calling him Asian and he was likely born in the US. He's American you racist fucks.

I love the conspiracy that they removed the white woman and the burger bump so they could claim ignorance. I doubt Popeyes put as much effort as these retards.

Q

Quezacotl

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't matter how much they virtue signal and attempt to score Twitter points. On a long enough timeline, all those pandering assholes will be cancelled by the mob.

Hope they finally understand it's an unwinnable game trying to court the regressive left and just ignore them and stick to their own ethics and principles in game development.

ResetEra doesn't have any fucking power if they choose to ignore them as a game developer. They will get angry tweets and low effort opinion pieces in the dying game's media at worst. If their game is solid and the fans like it, all that "bad press" doesn't amount to shit to the bottom line.

"Oh no. This nearly bankrupted gaming website wrote an obviously agenda based opinion column on me." Yeah, that's called a fucking blog entry. Not journalism.

They need to do right by their fans and make a good game. Not cater to these perpetually hysterical zealots.

These were my thoughts when it turned out Persona 5 Royal was censored.

I can’t stand virtue signaling. Atlus West lost the 180$+ I was going to spend on Persona 5 Royal. I cancelled my Phantom Thieves Edition and the Ultimate Deluxe Digital Edition when they decided to pander to crowds like ResetEra who after learning that Atlus West made these changes rewarded them with more insults while demanding more changes.

It’s a joke when a developer pander to these people. They alienate people like me who would buy their most expensive shit out of love for the games they make to pander to crowds who will continue to spit on them.

LTSGTR

Neo Member
What’s up with ResetEra and piracy. They are getting so excited over Frozen 2 coming on Disney+ like you could’ve downloaded the blu ray rip a month ago lol.

ManaByte

Gold Member
upper class neolib yuppie struggling to find out what to do with her kids now that they can't be sent to horse riding and golf lessons
8KTXbgf.png

yeah it probably feels weird to have to take care of your kids yourself instead of paying other people. boo fucking hoo

And of course it's a Hillary avatar.

Ionian

upper class neolib yuppie struggling to find out what to do with her kids now that they can't be sent to horse riding and golf lessons
8KTXbgf.png

yeah it probably feels weird to have to take care of your kids yourself instead of paying other people. boo fucking hoo

It's a dude and one of the top posters in this thread, accounts long gone

Knew I recognised the username but couldn't remember why.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
8KTXbgf.png

Thoughts and prayers to likely having to 'babysit' your own kids for another while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom