• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You can't be racist against a majority, duhhhhhh.
You can be racist, it's just if the bigots change the criteria then they can claim they are not racist. It's akin to asking the KKK to define what racism is. They would bastardise the meaning as these oxygen thieves have.

Resetera are claiming reverse racism is not racism. Reverse racism is an excuse used to ignore racist comments from sections of society. It's allowing shit like that that will lead to divisions further down the road. Call out bigotry and racism no matter the person but don't facilitate it.

You can be racist, it's just if the bigots change the criteria then they can claim they are not racist. It's akin to asking the KKK to define what racism is. They would bastardise the meaning as these oxygen thieves have.

Resetera are claiming reverse racism is not racism. Reverse racism is an excuse used to ignore racist comments from sections of society. It's allowing shit like that that will lead to divisions further down the road. Call out bigotry and racism no matter the person but don't facilitate it.
Haha, I should clarify. I was being very tongue in cheek. That's one of the legitimate responses I've seen given over there as to why you can't be racist against white people.

Double standards run amok over there. You want equality? Treat everyone as equals ffs and don't draw divisions over what is perceived as racist for one group and not for another. Terrible hypocrisy problem they have.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Haha, I should clarify. I was being very tongue in cheek. That's one of the legitimate responses I've seen given over there as to why you can't be racist against white people.

Double standards run amok over there. You want equality? Treat everyone as equals ffs and don't draw divisions over what is perceived as racist for one group and not for another. Terrible hypocrisy problem they have.
I know you were. Simpletons they are. Racists also.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I know I'm a few days late on this one. Too lazy to remember for next Joe Rogan mention here
3c21QEh.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

It shouldn't affect me, but as a white Slav, like what exactly is my "white privilege". I am basically even called slave. Well it's not like it's unfounded, etc. And it's not like I mind, it's shorter word, but the USA centric view is just shit. USA centric view....ohhh.....FUCKING FASCIST.

You can't be racist against a majority, duhhhhhh.

/s

Yeah well, majority where? In USA? I was fun to watch like that director of Parasite was called "minority". I am sure he has to be real Unicorn in South Korea...

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It should affect me, but as a white Slav, like what exactly is my "white privilege". I am basically even called slave. Well it's not like it's unfounded, etc. And it's not like I mind, it's shorter word, but the USA centric view is just shit. USA centric view....ohhh.....FUCKING FASCIST.
a Slav...
3BxK5H4.jpg
only messing my European brother.
Agree 100% with your post

Armorian

Banned
It shouldn't affect me, but as a white Slav, like what exactly is my "white privilege". I am basically even called slave. Well it's not like it's unfounded, etc. And it's not like I mind, it's shorter word, but the USA centric view is just shit. USA centric view....ohhh.....FUCKING FASCIST.

Yeah well, majority where? In USA? I was fun to watch like that director of Parasite was called "minority". I am sure he has to be real Unicorn in South Korea...

Haha, so true. Majority of slavic countries never had anything to do with African slavery, even worse they were victims to muslim slavery as you mentioned. Muslims were the biggest slavers in recent history and everyone forgets that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And white people are minority in world population:

ass.png

It's not like I OFFENDED...I don't even know what it means...but I just don't like the hypocrisy with this shit. Also I am bomb at Bowling, so I approve that message, although I am not a Serbian.

Never played GTA4? Roman is constantly interrupting gameplay by calling player to go bowling or some shit

Dick Jones

Gold Member
And he was Serb, no? Those two sentences are unrelated. One is for the text and second one for the picture : )
They never mentioned his country but he was a Slav. If you ever play GTAIV your head will be wrecked by Roman (Niko's cousin) constantly messaging you to go bowling, darts or drinking. Anytime I see Slav I think Niko Bellic, same way when someone talks Irish in games I think the lad in The Sabotuer or the 2nd level in Broken Sword 1. #fuckthatgoat

what a time to live in, Its okay to be viciously racist/hateful against white people, even if you are white. you can put "cis" or "white" in front of any homophobic, racist fucked up statement and it's "woke", what the fuck?
This shit doesn't help black people or LGBTQ+ it divides shit even more. Social media is fucked up on both sides.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
They never mentioned his country but he was a Slav. If you ever play GTAIV your head will be wrecked by Roman (Niko's cousin) constantly messaging you to go bowling, darts or drinking. Anytime I see Slav I think Niko Bellic, same way when someone talks Irish in games I think the lad in The Sabotuer or the 2nd level in Broken Sword 1. #fuckthatgoat
I thought they made up a fake Slavic country for the game?

MrA

what a time to live in, Its okay to be viciously racist/hateful against white people, even if you are white. you can put "cis" or "white" in front of any homophobic, racist fucked up statement and it's "woke", what the fuck?
This shit doesn't help black people or LGBTQ+ it divides shit even more. Social media is fucked up on both sides.
unfortunately, the woke progressive is like a the friend of a drunk, give them whisky and says nothing is their fault, but hates people that actually want to make things better

I think someone called him Russian but he said he wasn't. Likely Bosnian or Serbian, but never pin pointed.
They intentionally made it vague so that we can continue pointing fingers at each other, me being from Bosnia I always thought he was Serbian considering that he says for example "lepa zemlja" while in Bosnian and Croatian it would be "lijepa zemlja", so it's pretty clear that he's Serbian. (I know, the difference it's minimal, but people literally beat each other up claiming that they speak the right language lol).

EDIT: just to add, that whatever nationally he is, the voice actor did his best doing what he thought would be a balkan accent but he missed the mark real bad hahahha

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's just one big power struggle.

Since White people seem to be in control and have a decent grasp on everyday life, it's easy to pick on them "uhhhhh.... because they have so much already". People at the bottom always get leeway to pick on people who have more because it makes them feel better.

It's like bosses at work doing self-deprecating humour, or people goofing on him he makes enough money to buy better office shirts. Everyone laughs. But if someone made fun of a guy in the warehouse wearing dirty coveralls and he should go buy better clothes, people would think that is mean spirited.

As for social media, it just helps any groups to forge ahead who gets more power.

You'd think all the groups of people who feel oppressed would work together so everyone rises, but that's not the case.

You got the T community butting heads with the LBQ+ community because some reason the T community is trying to do it's own thing (whatever that inter-conflict is). You got Black Lives Matter trying to take over Pride Parades and trying to morph it from a fun celebration into a racist anti-cop event etc....

It's hilarious.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned

I can't remember if it was old gaf, or era, but I knew that these people were fucked up beyond repair when I made a post one time where there was some obvious racism going on, and people were trying to tell me that it's okay to be racist against white people. I basically quoted Martin Luther King Jr, and said that I support his beliefs on equality, that not one race should have more power than another, and that this reverse racism shit should not be okay. I said that I thought boys and girls of all races should be joining hands in unity, and not support the idea of turning racism towards white people being okay, just because it was once okay to be wrong to black people by ignorant idiots in the past. Reversing the behavior didn't fix the problem I said, and that I believed in true equality.

As you might have guessed, was swiftly banned for this.

JordanN

Banned
The funniest part about Resetera always wishing for Trump to die, is they forget Mike Pence would automatically take over.

The Presidency doesn't somehow switch parties all of a sudden. And given the history of the United States, when a President is unexpectingly taken out, the successor is usually 2x as ruthless.

So if they think Trump is bad now, a Pence presidency would guarantee they get punished even harder.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
KUlta5Z.png

Truly sad. I remember Orioto. He would always post his art on Neogaf.

But apparently after joining Resetera, his brain has now turned to mush and he spouts deplorable stuff like all the rest on that mental asylum.

For the record, when Trudeau confirmed his wife was sick with Covid-19, my first response wasn't to say I want him and her to die. I didn't vote for him to be my Prime Minister but I still would not wish death on another Canadian.

Meanwhile, look at the cretins at Reset. Little to no opposition, they all want their President to die for some reason.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
KUlta5Z.png

But apparently after joining Resetera, his brain has now turned to mush and he spouts deplorable stuff like all the rest on that mental asylum.
Orioto was forbidden from advertising his works on Era because of reasons. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gently trolling there.
AFAIK he’s still posting his art on GAF and it’s better than ever.

ManaByte

Gold Member
KUlta5Z.png

For the record, when Trudeau confirmed his wife was sick with Covid-19, my first response wasn't to say I want him and her to die. I didn't vote for him to be my Prime Minister but I still would not wish death on another Canadian.

Meanwhile, look at the cretins at Reset. Little to no opposition, they all want their President to die for some reason.

They want Trump and Pence out so they get President Pelosi.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Disgusting.

Totally, utterly, absolutely fucking disgusting.

People banned (duration pending) for "dismissing concerns of systemic racism"?
Are :messenger_clapping: you :messenger_clapping: for :messenger_clapping: fucking :messenger_clapping: real?

This may be the lowest point in a long series of lowest points. Some of those people can die in a fire. Seriously, what a waste of oxygen.

cormack12

Gold Member
daxzwnk-png.1188971

I mean. Not only is that type of comment anathema over there, but a person was banned from a forum. Banned. That comment was considered so over the line, they actually removed them from the community. Let that sink in. Maybe if it was Keanu sharing bread with a homeless man it would have more credibiility.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
daxzwnk-png.1188971

I mean. Not only is that type of comment anathema over there, but a person was banned from a forum. Banned. That comment was considered so over the line, they actually removed them from the community. Let that sink in. Maybe if it was Keanu sharing bread with a homeless man it would have more credibiility.

That first ban... Look at every post the precedes it and tell me which concern it is dismissing? The acab one? Not a single one expressed any concern; it's just derision.

Posters there are expected to know in advance what is concerning every single minority group before they even post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom