• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, I'm just getting caught up with the new fun stuff going on at our favorite lunatic containment facility. Spicy stuff!

It's also such a shock that suddenly every other person posting is a victim of sexual assault and "survivor." They love their oppression labels so much.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait, what happened to YoshiC? He didn't like FF7R? I just finished the game and enjoyed every second of it. A++ would buy again (even the stupid Butterfinger DLC)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man, I'm just getting caught up with the new fun stuff going on at our favorite lunatic containment facility. Spicy stuff!

It's also such a shock that suddenly every other person posting is a victim of sexual assault and "survivor." They love their oppression labels so much.

I think they’re just projecting what they are guilty of themselves.

nush

If anyone has a contact for regular poster here Coolwhhip Coolwhhip can you send them a message to let them know they are no longer banned. They got a ban for a month that was dropped down to just a warn but I guess they have not checked back in to find that out since Wednesday.

teezzy

Banned

Screenshot-20200418-222149-Chrome.jpg

Hahahaha fuck Era

Well I was one that left GAF to go to ERA, I believe it has devolved into an echo chamber with some extremely biased moderation/administration to say the least. Literally the silent majority avoid threads, don't post in fear of bans or public shaming and are quite aware of what is occurring at ERA. It's the farthest thing from a so called public forum of discussion I can imagine. Banning members who don't agree with the statement "all white people are racist", WTF? No seriously WTF!?! Banning people who call out the use of the word "coon" but it's biased acceptable usage from the mods/admins is not just tolerated but promoted. I cannot in good conscience remain a member with that sort of team at the helm. After 3 days of being banned they didn't even have the courtesy to reply to a PM or contact us sent or even send an initial PM for my ban notice. I never received a PM/warning, had no infractions at ERA but hey they didn't like what I had to say in my multiple detailed replies so here is a two week ban. I can hazard a guess to which admin/mod banned me as well, literally the maximum ban that mod can give without having the rest of the mod team review it first. Telling much. Going back over that thread today and looking at who they banned and why makes it very clear there is gross misuse of moderation through biased management. As for time for moderation required, what bullshit, they have time to ban specific member trends, post enormous detailed replies to specific topics and literally have multiple mods posting in those very threads; they've already been a part of those discussions the whole time.

Have me back GAF? I'll happily jump on the train back to GAF.

Last edited:

Eevee86

Well I was one that left GAF to go to ERA, I believe it has devolved into an echo chamber with some extremely biased moderation/administration to say the least. Literally the silent majority avoid threads, don't post in fear of bans or public shaming and are quite aware of what is occurring at ERA. It's the farthest thing from a so called public forum of discussion I can imagine. Banning members who don't agree with the statement "all white people are racist", WTF? No seriously WTF!?! Banning people who call out the use of the word "coon" but it's biased acceptable usage from the mods/admins is not just tolerated but promoted. I cannot in good conscience remain a member with that sort of team at the helm. After 3 days of being banned they didn't even have the courtesy to reply to a PM or contact us sent or even send an initial PM for my ban notice. I never received a PM/warning, had no infractions at ERA but hey they didn't like what I had to say in my multiple detailed replies so here is a two week ban. I can hazard a guess to which admin/mod banned me as well, literally the maximum ban that mod can give without having the rest of the mod team review it first. Telling much. Going back over that thread today and looking at who they banned and why makes it very clear there is gross misuse of moderation through biased management. As for time for moderation required, what bullshit, they have time to ban specific member trends, post enormous detailed replies to specific topics and literally have multiple mods posting in those very threads; they've already been a part of those discussions the whole time.

If I still visited that shithole and saw that "All whites are racist" shit, I would have let the mods and that dipshit Nepenthe know in no uncertain terms what I thought of them. The fact that shit didn't have people jumping ship just tells me the people left there are weak minded fools.

If I still visited that shithole and saw that "All whites are racist" shit, I would have let the mods and that dipshit Nepenthe know in no uncertain terms what I thought of them. The fact that shit didn't have people jumping ship just tells me the people left there are weak minded fools.

The post here the other day that showed the startup team and mods turnover was quite telling.

nush

BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

I must have missed that. What happened to the startup team?

I meant that basically none of those that started ERA are present and managing it anymore, it was at the start of this thread in OCT 2019 not the other day as I said. It's still relevant now but probably further increased turnover at ERA since then -

Administrators - 1 of 9 remain
System Administrators - 0 of 3 remain
Moderators - 10 of 31 remain

Total - 11 of 43 remain - 26%

You don't see that sort of turnover unless there are major issues behind the scenes.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I meant that basically none of those that started ERA are present and managing it anymore, it was at the start of this thread in OCT 2019 not the other day as I said. It's still relevant now but probably further increased turnover at ERA since then -

You don't see that sort of turnover unless there are major issues behind the scenes.
All cults start off kinda innocent until shit gets too weird for the normal folk and it's left for the inmates to run the asylum.

(banned for ableist language)

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

The number of remains has been lowering since then. From the names I recognize in that list, at least Cerium (somewhat) and Royalan are out.

nush

And this is Reseteras traffic since the start of the year, https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/resetera.com

j7KaWK4.png

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm not being funny but the whole site comes across as trolling. Era is a relatively small population, what's the overlap between all these non-binary, trans, rape victims, abuse survivors, allies, oppressed PoC in the states. Most of the stuff typed out there is head canon and imaginings - like at least 99% of it. Most on there are pathological liars. Or they see something, embellish it and run back to era framing themselves as 'literally shaking' at the outside world and the injustice of life. They do this to get all the fake adulation and back pats.

giphy.gif

WTF does 'I don't feel safe on this site' even mean? It must be targeted at those that have the identifying email details surely? i.e. the mods.

jJXHFDe.png

Are coups good for democracy?
The central message of this study is clear: though coups against autocrats have sometimes led to democratization, more often they install a new set of autocratic elites and expose citizens to higher levels of repression.

Damn - era being politically immature and not knowing real world trends and consequences? Who would have thunk it?

source.gif

Igw5.gif

OFBUHJm0PW-vyehe9vY5Fxo9R4I=.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Are you Canadian and love Xbox?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Hi Ozzy. Here’s what you said on your way out in 2017:
Funny S L A E N T.com is a banned site on GAF. Plenty of GAF communities there and new/old faces inbound in the current times. Great dark theme and mobile site too.

Some advice Evilore...separate personal and business mate, GAF should never have been affected this way. Best of luck but after HaloGAF, some early BS personal bans and the current handling of GAF over the last 2 years your forums are no longer a ship I wish to be in with just you at the helm.

How’s the ship looking these days?

Mato

The number of remains has been lowering since then. From the names I recognize in that list, at least Cerium (somewhat) and Royalan are out.

Isn't he still the sole owner of the place? You don't need to see the owner roaming around the aisles for him to be present.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Isn't he still the sole owner of the place? You don't need to see the owner roaming around the aisles for him to be present.
Well, yes, he's likely still getting rich of the site, he's just no longer part of the (visible) roster.

Are you Canadian and love Xbox?

Aussie and still love xbox, hit me up if you don't mind some lag. Mates and I mostly play Apex for now.

Hi Ozzy. Here’s what you said on your way out in 2017:

How’s the ship looking these days?

Relaxed forum of differing member views with a thicker skinned mod team and therefore members too, which from the limited exposure I've had thus far looks real good.

One of the real issues at ERA is they seem to have zero margin for error, debate, mistakes, varying opinions or growth. To be honest I don't know about your personal goings on then or now and nor should I have had anything but innocent until proven guilty as my perspective. Clearly no legal proceedings or waves of accusations over the years so I assume personal growth or clearing of the air has matched that of your site/ship growth.

The new GAF looks and operates wonderfully so far, I really like the relaxed threads nature and members can take and give some shit too. Just what I want from a sometimes fun or serious online forum.

I/we don't need our hands held in all threads and things aren't getting locked down or "group think" moderated into complete shutdown of discussion or fear of posting.

In short, new site is sweet in desktop and mobile as well as features. I had no idea of the rift details, still don't really but I'm glad you took the time and allowed me to post. Cheers mate, if you're cool with me I look forward to being back on GAF.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Aussie and still love xbox, hit me up if you don't mind some lag. Mates and I mostly play Apex for now.

Relaxed forum of differing member views with a thicker skinned mod team and therefore members too, which from the limited exposure I've had thus far looks real good.

One of the real issues at ERA is they seem to have zero margin for error, debate, mistakes, varying opinions or growth. To be honest I don't know about your personal goings on then or now and nor should I have had anything but innocent until proven guilty as my perspective. Clearly no legal proceedings or waves of accusations over the years so I assume personal growth or clearing of the air has matched that of your site/ship growth.

The new GAF looks and operates wonderfully so far, I really like the relaxed threads nature and members can take and give some shit too. Just what I want from a sometimes fun or serious online forum.

I/we don't need our hands held in all threads and things aren't getting locked down or "group think" moderated into complete shutdown of discussion or fear of posting.

In short, new site is sweet in desktop and mobile as well as features. I had no idea of the rift details, still don't really but I'm glad you took the time and allowed me to post. Cheers mate of you're cool with me I look forward to being back on GAF.

Sure, it’s water under the bridge. The forum was rotting to the core back then for various reasons, and it was my responsibility at the end of the day. I’ve done what I can to turn things around in the time since, though. Welcome back.

Grinchy

Banned

I'm glad you came back, but I'm curious. Do you really feel it just recently "devolved" into this?

Everything you are describing is what GAF was before the split and what Reset has been since day 1.

I'm glad you came back, but I'm curious. Do you really feel it just recently "devolved" into this?

Everything you are describing is what GAF was before the split and what Reset has been since day 1.

I probably only became aware of that in more recent threads, outside of Halo ones. It did feel to become more blatant in recent months. I was aware of posters not wanting to post early on in ERA though.

It must be funny watching old accounts coming back realising the grass wasn’t greener on the other side 😂
There are still many sheep on that forum that followed the crowd and didn’t think about using their own brain and question the narrative that was being fed

Era has been entertaining to watch and I can’t wait for the next 8 months bring

I honestly don’t think it will be around this time next year as they are starting to turn the guns on themselves

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
There are still many sheep on that forum that followed the crowd and didn’t think about using their own brain and question the narrative that was being fed

I honestly don’t think it will be around this time next year as they are starting to turn the guns on themselves
We really don’t need that place to collapse. Imagine all those nutters flooding back here

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

For me it was content and topics on both at that time. When ERA started there were tons of new topics talking about video games, movies, etc, hell even Nintendo noticed them and were referencing them on Twitter. Because they were starting from scratch there were new OTs, rehashes of established GAF threads with fresh takes, etc. It was really easy to get caught up in that. While that was happening on ree, this site was all infighting, complaining, and hostility towards each other. I honestly don't personally care about anyone's private life so long as it doesn't affect mine but I did hop to ERA since it was. iirc what I'd posted was "we'll never know what happened and it's not our business." To which I was told to go fuck myself... though in hindsight that might have been from an ERA member who hadn't quit GAF yet.

After seeing when the original founders left, that was pretty much when the site started to turn to shit. Maybe two months ago I caught a ban for calling out a moderator who was actively complaining about everyone who wasn't going to vote for Bernie in a pol thread, actually calling them "retards" and not just once either. I believe my reply was "real mature coming from someone who is supposed to stop this kind of rhetoric". My two month long ban reason was "not reading staff post, history of trolling" even though that was first time I'd been warned, banned, etc and I'm pretty sure the staff post didn't say anything about Brazil being allowed to call me a retard because I thought Sanders was a bad candidate. That ban told me everything I needed to know about ERA, and confirmed my suspicions that the groupthink was taking over and there was no room for dissenting opinions, and certainly not questioning of "authority"

The same time I requested my account be closed there I decided to see what was going on with GAF. I was surprised to see that not only did the site look better, but the community actually seemed happy. Sure there's disagreements, and sometimes a heated back and forth, but it's allowed (within reason) because differing opinions is what message boards are supposed to be about.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Looks like Slayvin got published.

I don't get that article. Is the author a 16 year stocker at Trader Joe's or a professional writer quoting someone else? 'Cause if that is the case then the article is pretty misleading as to the source.

Personally, I think a lot of this bellyaching about "essential workers at risk" is coming from women and wussy men who don't realize that A LOT of jobs come with inherent risk, and almost all of them are done by men. Truck driving, mining, electrical work, not just cops and soldiers or medical folk working around infectious diseases. The individual risk of stocking a grocery store is pretty damn minimal IMHO. Higher than the zero it had been, sure, but still very low compared to the normal risk in a lot of other professions. Grow up!

jason10mm

Gold Member
It must be funny watching old accounts coming back realising the grass wasn’t greener on the other side 😂

It also shows that those virtue signaling "ban me" messages are really silly and juvenile. I guess a lot of folks felt they had to do it in order to get cred at era but yeah......

nush

“Non-Traditional” Lifestyle Decisions You’ve Made

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want a relationship"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I hate/don't want to work"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"

DDsb4F3.png

I've got to say that he's very quickly moved up the ranks to become my favorite ree cool aid drinking poster there. Hobbes is such a try hard "Please like me" poster but this guy seems like the real deal. The avatar to content combo is usually fantastic.

JSoup

Banned
We really don’t need that place to collapse. Imagine all those nutters flooding back here

I'd actually be amusing to watch. When the split first happened in 2017, there were a large number of people who didn't want to go to REE and spread across the internet. Piles of sites made it clear that they weren't going to put up with the behavior that had become associated with the post-GAF/pre-REE group. GFAQs mod team made it clear right off the bat that there would be a no tolerance instant ban policy going forward with refuges.

At this point, REE has become a containment site. All the people who either can't post on the internet with normal folk or have otherwise become so used to the madness that there is no going back aren't going to be able to just set up shop any old place. It's going to be a hilarious headache when it all finally implodes.

Or it's going to be a further nightmare as more communities are slowly destroyed from the inside out by the REEing.

600Breezy

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"

Fuckin hell, the amount of degenerates on that site sickens me.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"

Haha, this thread is amazing. Cuts through all of the bullshit and just has people listing out what's wrong with them.

Which, as it turns out, is a lot.

Azzurri

Gold Member
DDsb4F3.png

I've got to say that he's very quickly moved up the ranks to become my favorite ree cool aid drinking poster there. Hobbes is such a try hard "Please like me" poster but this guy seems like the real deal. The avatar to content combo is usually fantastic.

Nah, just leach off tax payers money.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
Not having kids is a good thing. You know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom