• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, this bit stuck out to me: -

"So I'm sorry if resetera isn't the space of like minded people you thought or hoped it was."

Except this is what ALWAYS happens when those kinds of like-minded people either invade a space or create one of their own. It's their ideology and mentality that causes all of the in-fighting. This laughable shit being another prime example of it: -

The desire to be a victim is at the root of a lot of these people's problems, but instead of making changes in their lives to make the best of it, they wallow in it and seek out people just like them, which only makes them worse.

A mod is recommending that people leave what is supposed to be primarily a gaming forum if being there is putting a strain on their mental health. It's absolute lunacy.

I saw another clip of that at some point... that's actually real? It's just.... too stupid for reality.

BigStef71

Neo Member
I've been a lurker on gaf for years but ever since era was founded I've been exclusively on that forum. Man that place is such a shithole with their hivemind thinking. You can't give your thoughts on any topic without getting harassed. I think I might start posting here exclusively. How does this site compare now to there? Also I love how that Dr Forestor user has the thread titles with the derogatory trump names but he never gets warned or banned but yet if someone did the same for Biden or Clinton I bet that user would get banned in a heartbeat. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

Appleprosy

"So I'm sorry if resetera isn't the space of like minded people you thought or hoped it was."

Except this is what ALWAYS happens when those kinds of like-minded people either invade a space or create one of their own. It's their ideology and mentality that causes all of the in-fighting. This laughable shit being another prime example of it: -

The desire to be a victim is at the root of a lot of these people's problems, but instead of making changes in their lives to make the best of it, they wallow in it and seek out people just like them, which only makes them worse.

A mod is recommending that people leave what is supposed to be primarily a gaming forum if being there is putting a strain on their mental health. It's absolute lunacy.

When I was growing up in the 1990s, we would fight over the real issues: Nintendo vs. Sega, Marvel vs. DC, WWF vs. WCW, N64 vs. PS1, etc., right? What the fuck happened to people? Victimhood. Damn.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
I love that the two candidates are both their nightmare choices :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think the only thing we know for certain about November is that Biden is going to depress the hell out of the Progressive and the MeToo turnout far more that Hilldawg ever did.

You can see it playing out in real time on RE. Seriously, one more bullshit move like this from Biden, more RE users will become NeverBiden people. (And this isn't even factoring in the people that silently acknowledge that Biden is going senile and is unfit to govern)

And his campaign is definitely going to veer more to the center closer to the election which many on RE and twitter will see as "literal nazi" moves by Biden. That will spark more outburst like what we are seeing.

Imagine if there is another accuser to Biden before November. It will be a shitshow.

We are reaching critical velocity where some on the left might spite or revenge vote for Trump to punish the Democrats. I don't think we are there yet, but it's definitely on the horizon.

The DNC has fucked themselves with Biden. Seriously, any other candidate in the primary might have been better than him.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Surely they know putting your arms in the air is ableist discrimination.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Dick Jones, Vice President of OCP, Detroit, Michigan, he/him. Point of personal privilege, I think the greatest sketch show was written by Dave Chapelle and I don't think even he could have made a sketch as funny as that. I personally loved liberal Eric Cartman giving out the use of gendered language. You could see the woman was like, dude you are a fucking geebag (a bag of vaginas).

Surely they know putting your arms in the air is ableist discrimination.

That's what is ridiculous about the jazz hands shit - part of it is that they don't want to offend the deaf or people who can't clap, but jazz hands are not going to be seen by blind people or done by people who are physically unable to clap.

All this progressive nonsense builds on itself - one guy has a one time emotional reaction to something and shares it with others, and suddenly everyone who doesn't change their behavior to "address" that reaction is literally Hitler. And all those reactions get compiled into their standard of what a "decent human being" is. They are like fake human beings who think they have to read from Twitter how to be "human".

Last edited:
86xFBZr.png

They didn't rike it.

Last edited:

UncleMeat

That's what is ridiculous about the jazz hands shit - part of it is that they don't want to offend the deaf or people who can't clap, but jazz hands are not going to be seen by blind people or done by people who are physically unable to clap.

All this progressive nonsense builds on itself - one guy has a one time emotional reaction to something and shares it with others, and suddenly everyone who doesn't change their behavior to "address" that reaction is literally Hitler. And all those reactions get compiled into their standard of what a "decent human being" is. They are like fake human beings who think they have to read from Twitter how to be "human".

Do they even realize what they're asking for? A society where no single person is ever offended by anything. What could go wrong?

lmimmfn

yeah i find the "rike it" stuff to be pure outdated idiotic racism and tiring as fuck tbh. it basically demonstrates that you are an idiot who doesn't know how the Japanese language works.

maybe funny once when i was 8 and watched Long Duk Dong but imo it's tired at this point.
While I agree completely, I just think it's funny to see that being posted there simply for how much it annoys them.

MrA

I've been a lurker on gaf for years but ever since era was founded I've been exclusively on that forum. Man that place is such a shithole with their hivemind thinking. You can't give your thoughts on any topic without getting harassed. I think I might start posting here exclusively. How does this site compare now to there? Also I love how that Dr Forestor user has the thread titles with the derogatory trump names but he never gets warned or banned but yet if someone did the same for Biden or Clinton I bet that user would get banned in a heartbeat. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
You're free to take on the first Chee-toned emperor of mankind here, but I warn, you best bring your best meme game if you hope to survive.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Remember that guy who blamed me for his impending suicide back in 2017 because I got #metooed and gaf imploded, and browsing gaf was the only thing keeping him alive, so his blood was on my hands? They exist.

Wasn't that the furry dude who just went to go post on Era and continue to threaten suicide every once in a while?

Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else...

Arimer

Remember that guy who blamed me for his impending suicide back in 2017 because I got #metooed and gaf imploded, and browsing gaf was the only thing keeping him alive, so his blood was on my hands? They exist.

Seems like that guy suffered from what i've noticed about a ton of people on ERa. Everything is always out of their control and never their fault. If they are fat its not because they overeat but because of . . . If they don't have friends, can't get some sex, not get their way politically, etc.

Everything always has that boogeyman that turns people away from the light that they are trying to bring to the world if the damn heathens would just listen.

ILLtown

Seems like that guy suffered from what i've noticed about a ton of people on ERa. Everything is always out of their control and never their fault. If they are fat its not because they overeat but because of . . . If they don't have friends, can't get some sex, not get their way politically, etc.

Everything always has that boogeyman that turns people away from the light that they are trying to bring to the world if the damn heathens would just listen.

I agree totally. That's one of the things that's appealing about victimhood; you can point your finger at someone or something else and blame them without having to look in the mirror.

That's not to say that there aren't injustices happening in the world - of course there are - but if you're a SJW you take this to the nth degree. It's not enough to say, for example, that some people are racist and some people are clearly victims of racism. We have to agree that ALL white people are racist, that ALL Republicans are basically as bad as Hitler etc. etc.

It strips out all nuance and gives them a very simplistic black and white, "good vs. evil" view of the world where, of course, they are the "good" side, but it also amps up all of the fear and anxiety they feel about the world around them. That's why some of them attach so much of their emotional well-being to a website, cos it's their ultimate safe-space.

It's clearly not healthy, but some of them are so caught up in it, they're going to remain trapped in that mentality for the foreseeable future.

A similar thing happens with other groups, for example, incels, or hardcore conspiracy theorists. Once they get sucked in so far, they start thinking that they're the ones who understand how things really work and everyone who isn't part of their community is wrong and then they're basically fucked unless they have a "light on" moment and can drag themselves out of it.

Ymir

Man, I've only been skimming that Poli-ERA for the meltdowns but if people actually use that place as news then that's terrifying. They actually believe the price of oil has gone negative when it hasn't, the roll for the immediate delivery expiring today went negative. That contract won't even exist tomorrow...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the Hyper Users sell it as a kind of public service. they see themselves as an extension of the media companies they support, whom they believe are fighting the good fight against evil. The Journalists have replaced The Troops as the Guardians of Good in the popular meta fiction. these 8%ers are tribal evangelists always in-fighting, ever bit as rabid and irrational and ritualistic as the supposedly "ignorance religious" people of the past, who they constantly scorn. they worship media content, glorify information, anticipate like The Three Wise Men every possible Oppo Drop. sacrifices have to be constantly made, for this is a form of religions for them, or more accurately a cult (since there tends to be zero spiritual quality to it all and it is just about getting and maintaining power over others).

like the media the represent, they take themselves way too seriously. listen to the ego on this prick. they just repost news stories and talk political gossip on a message board but their egos are far bigger than what they actually accomplish. they think they are better than others, that they are "educating" them.

TRNk4dp.jpg

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Who wants to make odds on how long it takes for the PoliEra Discord to produce a domestic terrorist?

Extremists who feel persecuted getting into a closed, secretive environment is the perfect condition for it.

There are very few left wing terrorists or spree shooters. We see maybe a few decade, and they're always very committed and usually have some kind of higher education and/or military training. Unless a Ree'er is going to do a Fight Club style Project Mayhem and eat all the Twinkies in a Walmart or something they're not going to produce anything violent. Most of them couldn't even afford a gun on their disability checks.

Velius

Banned
I just dropped in today and holy shit the jumps in insanity are pretty scary. It's like if you stop watching TV for a while you notice how much worse the commercials are than you would if you were just watching during the whole gradual decline.

nush

zUaMDb2.png

Not like anyone could have predicted what was obviously going to happen. Like we all called it Cerium put him in as a fall guy as he knew they way things were going. Congratulations B-dubs it's taken you just 4 months to drive Resetera off a cliff, seems the bigots, troll and horrors of the internet were the forum staff all along.

FId7XKb.jpg

pulga

Banned

lol point taken, people invest way too much of their identities in these fucking things.

Normally I would agree but after Yoshichan having a mental breakdown over FFVIIR I'm not sure I can dismiss anything as trolling anymore.
Brah, Final Fantasy put one of these dudes in therapy.

i need to finish the remake pronto, i wanna see what that bullshit was about without spoiling anything.

nush

Perma ban for personal attacks against fellow site members huh? Where is the ban for people like excel & cheebo then?

Don't criticize the most important industry employee that posts on Ree, he writes articles that validate our worldview and as he has an account on Ree he validates us in return.

Thankfully he's now paywalled his work so less people will be exposed to it and he's hoping the pay pigs at ree will bring in the subscription bucks for his corporate overlord to justify his continued employment.

The polera discord sure is an interesting place....I don’t think it’s really what some people wanted judging by some of the stuff scrolling through

I know I’m not the only one who got access to it for shits and giggles but oh Lordy ..there are already chats in there which you could actually report to the fbi

ree lurkers who are also in the discord (because I know you read here)
if you are thinking it’s gonna be a safe space within a safe space you are acting like idiots
And are the exact reason why your probably gonna be shrieking at the bad orange man for another 4 years and probably whatever less shit replacement they bring in 4years time as you guys could not organise a root in a brothel.

cormack12

Gold Member
The polera discord sure is an interesting place....I don’t think it’s really what some people wanted judging by some of the stuff scrolling through

I know I’m not the only one who got access to it for shits and giggles but oh Lordy ..there are already chats in there which you could actually report to the fbi

ree lurkers who are also in the discord (because I know you read here)
if you are thinking it’s gonna be a safe space within a safe space you are acting like idiots
And are the exact reason why your probably gonna be shrieking at the bad orange man for another 4 years and probably whatever less shit replacement they bring in 4years time as you guys could not organise a root in a brothel.

Discord is really for real time reaction. Which is fine for the 'Trump orange man bad' garbage or 'fuck warren, fuck biden' noise. They really want a subreddit from the sounds of things.

nush

Would be a reee-al shame if someone were to help out the FBI in these trying times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom