• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah, this bit stuck out to me: -

"So I'm sorry if resetera isn't the space of like minded people you thought or hoped it was."

Except this is what ALWAYS happens when those kinds of like-minded people either invade a space or create one of their own. It's their ideology and mentality that causes all of the in-fighting. This laughable shit being another prime example of it: -

The desire to be a victim is at the root of a lot of these people's problems, but instead of making changes in their lives to make the best of it, they wallow in it and seek out people just like them, which only makes them worse.

A mod is recommending that people leave what is supposed to be primarily a gaming forum if being there is putting a strain on their mental health. It's absolute lunacy.

sometimes you think all of these people are too absurd to exist outside of internet, then you see a video like this one...

sometimes you think all of these people are too absurd to exist outside of internet, then you see a video like this one...
giphy.gif

nush

The title...

I have JUST been working on that!

C8Y5Kkx.png

Foothold gained, normie posting and playing to the audience. Then, it's going to happen, fuck yes it will. Be patient. Already has trans pedo protections. Now s/he's a Ree problem.

4227dkr.png

Good work B-dubs on letting that cancer in to eat away at whats left of Ree.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
no post in particular here just the whole thread is like "Excel learns that being a idpol ally does not mean you are a good person". just the thought of that idea is blowing his/her/whatever's mind

Ymir

no post in particular here just the whole thread is like "Excel learns that being a idpol ally does not mean you are a good person". just the thought of that idea is blowing his/her/whatever's mind

LOL, life sure comes at you fast. I can only imagine them gritting their teeth and crying realizing the white CISHET male is a vastly better person than the gay woman. When you hate white men and think they are the singular source of evil these things can be rather problematic.

Edit: You would think with this revelation that maybe you would reconsider your anger filled shitty viewpoint about hating an entire group of people you don’t know but maybe that’s asking too much

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

xQ08FpM.jpg

Slayven I honestly don't know where to start. Is your hatred of Kelsey Grammer because of your lifelong fued with English grammar and you think they are related?

Do you know that both Kevin Sorbo and Kelsey Grammer are singular persons and not plural? I think you getting James Woods correctly was an accident because of this.

Dean Dains? Dean Cain maybe? I would have accepted Dean Kane from you because I don't expect much from you. Again, Dean Cain is singular, he played a person who had two lives on a tv show, it doesn't mean the actor is plural.

Survial?👀 💩💩💩 did your English teachers keep running out of red pens... and patience?

The amount of time ERA moderators hang around primary/elementary schools you'd imagine they'd pick up something educational for a change, rather than children?

Last edited:

raduque

“Non-Traditional” Lifestyle Decisions You’ve Made

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want a relationship"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I hate/don't want to work"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
Well, at least they aren't breeding.

nush

xQ08FpM.jpg

Slayven I honestly don't know where to start. Is your hatred of Kelsey Grammer because of your lifelong fued with English grammar and you think they are related?

Do you know that both Kevin Sorbo and Kelsey Grammer are singular persons and not plural? I think you getting James Woods correctly was an accident because of this.

Dean Dains? Dean Cain maybe? I would have accepted Dean Kane from you because I don't expect much from you. Again, Dean Cain is singular, he played a person who had two lives on a tv show, it doesn't mean the actor is plural.

Survial?👀 💩💩💩 did your English teachers keep running out of red pens... and patience?

The amount of time ERA moderators hang around primary/elementary schools you'd imagine they'd pick up something educational for a change, rather than children?

Give him a break he's just learning how to use his new keyboard.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Give him a break he's just learning how to use his new keyboard.
In fairness, it wasn't as grammatically inept as normal so the keyboard must be working. All that ERA mod money purchased that new keyboard and it's working a treat.

He has no issue with Kevin Spacey though. 🤔 Or is it Kevin Spaceys?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
xQ08FpM.jpg

Do you know that both Kevin Sorbo and Kelsey Grammer are singular persons and not plural?
Again, Dean Cain is singular, he played a person who had two lives on a tv show, it doesn't mean the actor is plural.

Don't assume singularity. They could identify as plural and you're just not woke enough to realize.

They can be as many as they want to be. It's fucking 2020.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
In fairness, it wasn't as grammatically inept as normal so the keyboard must be working. All that ERA mod money purchased that new keyboard and it's working a treat.

He has no issue with Kevin Spacey though. 🤔 Or is it Kevin Spaceys?
Of course, Kevin Spacey is okay. He's a rapist democrat. No Arnold though? Eastwood?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Don't assume singularity. They could identify as plural and you're just not woke enough to realize.

They can be as many as they want to be. It's fucking 2020.

0Isntdx.jpg

I blame Michael Keaton for this phenomenon. I suppose I'm not impartial though as I hate CEOs of OCP that are not me.

200 woke points lost. I must call people blaming China for the origin of the Coronavirus racist while simultaneously lumping all Asians as one country and shit on a woman who fought for gay people to be on tv. I got to get those woke points back. People know I'm serious when I hashtag it, especially not on Twitter. #wokepoints

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Rent free....

GLjBIfO.png

Guys, if we virtue signal hard enough, that's what's going to get rid of Trump right? Just keep calling him "orange man" "blumpf" "cheetoman" and he's going to magically poof one day, right?

Horrible manipulative people.

While I don't agree with the exception when it comes to joint filers who don't have a social security number, it's crazy how the title is created to give you the impression that it's anti-immigrant, as if the default for immigrants is to not have an SSN.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member

Holy shit, are they learning? Or do they already know this and use it as a cudgel when it becomes fashionable to attack a personality or if it politically expedient.?

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"

It's really a greatest hits thread.. sad it's only 3 pages of complete and utter losers. Maybe it needs a bump..

So many of them don't/can't drive.. I wish you could add tags on people so when they post you can remember "Oh yes, this is the refuses to drive, lives at home loser".

I feel like this is Ree personified

kskGfR2.png

Last edited:

Yu Furealdo

It's really a greatest hits thread.. sad it's only 3 pages of complete and utter losers. Maybe it needs a bump..

So many of them don't/can't drive.. I wish you could add tags on people so when they post you can remember "Oh yes, this is the refuses to drive, lives at home loser".

kskGfR2.png

They didn't even need to go into detail. Their waifu avatars speak for themselves.

Ymir

Whoever linked that KiwiFarms article, can't find the post offhand, that was.....that was quite the read.

Honestly, that does't seem that bad. I know people who are some combination of those things. At least two of those things could describe me.
You're a Panexual?

fatty

- "I live at home"
- "I don't want kids"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "Scared to drive"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"
- "I live at home"

From the OP, it starts out great.

”For example, I’ve decided to live with my parents indefinitely.

“Living with your parents when you’re a fully grown adult is something society looks down on, but this is my decision and I think is best for everyone.”

Win-win, right? What parent wouldn’t want their grown child never leaving home...what say you, Dad?

The last few pages of this thread are gold.

I had no idea they actually permed that motherfucker Kirblar at Ree. He basically owned that place and anyone he wanted banned got banned immediately with no questions asked. I hope he tries to come back here so he can be permed here too. Fuck that guy.

nush

From the OP, it starts out great.

”For example, I’ve decided to live with my parents indefinitely.

“Living with your parents when you’re a fully grown adult is something society looks down on, but this is my decision and I think is best for everyone.”

Win-win, right? What parent wouldn’t want their grown child never leaving home...what say you, Dad?

I love how they reframe being a lazy waste of space failure at life as being a conscious lifestyle decision. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ymir

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-should-the-resident-evil-4-remake-handle-ashley.189240/

We nEED tO TaLK
Captura-de-pantalla-155.png

Look, i get that video games companies are not pandering to horny teenagers/lonely male adults anymore and it makes sense that Capcom wont be pandering to them, but i hope they also ignore nutjobs like the one above, i mean, how did they turn "locker room humor" into a valid term? for god's sake
Lol, amazing to have that be your stance but then have anime little girl as your picture.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'll give Slayven the benefit of the doubt on the keyboard thing. When I switched from an old Lenovo to a Macbook the differences in the keyboards were really stark. I was making tons of errors all of the time until I grew acclimated to it. On a side note he's kind of toned down a lot over the past several months since B-Dubs took control. I don't feel like shitting on him anymore to tell you the truth. I never thought I'd say this but of all the current mods he actually comes off as the most human right now.

This thread is the essence of Resetera:

"How should Resident Evil 4 Remake handle Ashley?"

Summary:
- all fictional female characters *must* be 'badass'
- Ashley needs to be more fleshed out, meanwhile Luis is fine
- must remove anything 'sexist' from the game, because clearly 'sexism' doesn't exist in fiction. Not pushing an agenda at all!!1
- trying to look up her skirt, her shouting 'pervert!' must be removed, because the universe implodes if the player can see a fictional character's panties ... or so.
- basically, remove all the fun
- oh, best one: in addition to 'fleshing out Ashley', she ought to be prepared for a sequel where she's a badass zombie killer

Resetera 💁🙈🤦‍♀️🐧

Ymir

Also, liking Death Note makes you an incel now ... wtf:

Why would you force yourself to watch something you clearly don't enjoy. For all their whining they sure purposely do things that make them unhappy.

Appleprosy

Remember that guy who blamed me for his impending suicide back in 2017 because I got #metooed and gaf imploded, and browsing gaf was the only thing keeping him alive, so his blood was on my hands? They exist.

These people would sink a knife in their grandmother's own heart, while making eye contact. Then, they'd play the victim, blaming their sibling for the murder.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

kskGfR2.png

7iVWVnB.jpg

(It) could have been ok if (it) weren't a pane pizza that defined itself as an activist honestly.

1Ykfbdl.jpg

poor Hill :messenger_anxious: lol yes we all know how ResetEra are not easily shocked

What is this shit? Trump wasn't wasn't abnormally extreme on Hillary lol aside from the whole "lock her up" thing, and Dems said that about Bush.

The polera discord sure is an interesting place....I don’t think it’s really what some people wanted judging by some of the stuff scrolling through

I know I’m not the only one who got access to it for shits and giggles but oh Lordy ..there are already chats in there which you could actually report to the fbi

ree lurkers who are also in the discord (because I know you read here)
if you are thinking it’s gonna be a safe space within a safe space you are acting like idiots
And are the exact reason why your probably gonna be shrieking at the bad orange man for another 4 years and probably whatever less shit replacement they bring in 4years time as you guys could not organise a root in a brothel.

So what you are saying is that they need a PoliEra Discord Discord to further weed out us Neo-Nazis before we infiltrate then and put them in camps?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The irony is it's exactly the type of "safe spaces" and "my feelings above all else!" mentality society has adopted as to why these people are charmin soft mentally in the first place. Maybe if they grew up with some real actual adversity and not "someone called me by the wrong pronoun!!!!!! :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:" they wouldn't be wanting to fucking kill themselves because of how the FF7 Remake ended and because of message board drama.

No one wants to deal with anything anymore and we are breeding a bunch of people who can't handle anything psychologically anymore. Really isn't good.

cormack12

Gold Member
So the question was how would you change a RE4 character in a remake and the suggestions are basically change the entire game. Basically might as well give Yorda a stick in Ico as well. I mean some of those caps are ridiculous, give her a taser? Let Leon train her in a montage? wtf. Clothes and stuff I dont' really care about but man, sense the differenc, lol.

Also, these people need to dial their bullshit back. Like, oh I laughed at the upskirt nod when I played it years ago. It's not funny now though. Guess what? You're not the only target market and there's a raft of kids behind you who will still find that funny - as did young you. There seems to be this really stupid thought that because they've outgrown some boyish humour as they grow up, that the entire games market needs to swing and reflect that. To make them secure.

source.gif

UntimelyDeliriousIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif

If you think video games are too immature and childish now you've grown up, then don't play them. Our parents had no issues doing that did they? We're spending our time controlling digital equivalents of action figures that have animations instead of imagination.

cormack12

Gold Member
On a side note he's kind of toned down a lot over the past several months since B-Dubs took control. I don't feel like shitting on him anymore to tell you the truth. I never thought I'd say this but of all the current mods he actually comes off as the most human right now.

He's probably took a glance at Nepenthe and thought

tenor.gif

Hopefully made him reflect on how batshit crazy it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom