• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidonia and titan are recent. I'm not familiar with the other one. Trying to gauge your tastes. If you say ghibli and bebop are over rated shit what would you say isn't? And if everything you like is made in the last five years that also would tell me something.

If find your assumption insulting, considering that the vast majority of 'anime nowadays suck' are people who *only* know old mainstream anime like Ghibli and Bebop.

But feel free to take a look at my anime history:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That 'lack of animation' is nowhere more obvious than in Ghibli movies for crying out loud. I'm currently rewatching them on Netflix (atm Laputa) and your 'panning and zooming' is exactly what happens in Ghibli movies. This isn't some revelation though, as it has always been the core difference between Ghibli and Disney: Disney movies have dynamic camera perspectives and fast action, whereas Ghibli movies offer more details, but are static outside of short bursts of more dynamic scenes.

This is the same for all of anime, except there are plenty of shows that offer much more dynamic camera work than Ghibli, like Sidonia, Attack on Titan or Hoseki no Kuni.

Ghibli isn't special. It's just more known among the mainstream, that's all.

So you compare the top tier (Disney) vs Ghibli and declare Ghibli to be bad while you praise things like Attack on Titan or Sidonia that have episodes on a shoestring budget and poorly animated. Yeah Ghibli uses those techniques but sparingly enough that you can watch the thing without reaching for the remote to fast forward the PowerPoint.

This is a clear case of I don't like mainstream thing because it's mainstream, worse niche thing is better because it's niche.

So you compare the top tier (Disney) vs Ghibli and declare Ghibli to be bad while you praise things like Attack on Titan or Sidonia that have episodes on a shoestring budget and poorly animated. Yeah Ghibli uses those techniques but sparingly enough that you can watch the thing without reaching for the remote to fast forward the PowerPoint.

This is a clear case of I don't like mainstream thing because it's mainstream, worse niche thing is better because it's niche.

I didn't claim anywhere that Ghibli is bad. And you're lying because Ghibli is the definition of 'powerpoint' style animation. It's especially ridiculous to shit on Sidonia which, thx to 3d-animation, never reaches powerpoint level of animation. You might not like the choppy framerate of this particular cgi anime, but its animation is fantastic.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If find your assumption insulting, considering that the vast majority of 'anime nowadays suck' are people who *only* know old mainstream anime like Ghibli and Bebop.

But feel free to take a look at my anime history:
The vast majority of anime these days is awful weeb shit. Count me in that group. A more diverse list than I expected I'll give you that. Try Escaflowne and Raxephon.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm giving all these people a digital blackface exaggerated side-eye gif right now.
Don't you know using black people to post memes is racist. Digital blackface.
Do you know what's not racist, white/asian developers including black characters in their game even though they are not that minority. Not digital blackface.
What's the difference?🤷‍♂️

Barret was expanded on and not a Mr T caricature if you played and completed the game. It's obvious these idiots haven't played the game and/or the original. He is angry with himself as he was fooled by Shinra to have a reactor in his hometown which led to the death of someone close to him. He is passionate, the localisation of Barret in the 1990s was a Mr. T caricature but now he is fleshed out. A poster got 2 week ban for racism by using the voice actor to back up his argument. These idiots thought Barret was too white as the neon lights made his skin brighter, well take Thomas Edison out of the history books in that case as he was racist for inventing the lightbulb.

I could also include a horror trope and claim racism but I'd spoil the game by doing so. But it also shows these losers didn't complete the game.

This is as bad as the Uncharted 4 shite where dumbasses wanted to actively sack Laura Bailey because after she got the job her character was drawn as a black South African. They wanted her to lose her job that she earned specifically on the basis of her skin, not to a South African but a minority in America. Imagine the crap Naughty Dog would have gotten had they whitewashed Nadine because Laura is white. I've yet to hear an actual argument on that situation that made sense.

The vast majority of anime these days is awful weeb shit. Count me in that group.

The number of great anime these days is no lower than in the past (with seasonal fluctuations ofc), the moe shit just has expanded. I focus on the good stuff, because why wouldn't I.

A more diverse list than I expected I'll give you that. Try Escaflowne and Raxephon.

They're both on the list. Love Escaflowne, cancelled Raxephon, offputting aesthetics.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The number of great anime these days is no lower than in the past (with seasonal fluctuations ofc), the moe shit just has expanded. I focus on the good stuff, because why wouldn't I.

They're both on the list. Love Escaflowne, cancelled Raxephon, offputting aesthetics.
Ah didn't see them. Off put by the aesthetics in raxephon? Hmmm. I think it's a beautiful show. In any case I wasn't trying to give you as much shit as you think. You just sounded like one of those people who doesn't like any movies made before they were born. I'll throw out one more rec that I didn't notice. Ergo Proxy. Anyway let's continue bashing re.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Since ye fuckers are all about Anime at the moment, I've had the worst luck with it. I saw Ghost in the Shell (the movie only), I watched the Danganrompa anime after playing the game (it caused me to almost not get the platinum on the Vita), and I said I'd watch one season of an anime show to see what the fuss was with anime and it was Sword Art Online. A fucking Mary Sue character who also had every female character wanting to bang him including his cousin/step sister who he lived with. I forced myself to finish it. Top that for shite. I'll wait a few more years to see if I break that cycle and give another show a shot.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Can't even disagree without getting banned, which is fuckin stupid considering you want to change peoples mind and not exclude them from participating in a conversation.

How dare you ..lol

6hgw9SE.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Since ye fuckers are all about Anime at the moment, I've had the worst luck with it. I saw Ghost in the Shell (the movie only), I watched the Danganrompa anime after playing the game (it caused me to almost not get the platinum on the Vita), and I said I'd watch one season of an anime show to see what the fuss was with anime and it was Sword Art Online. A fucking Mary Sue character who also had every female character wanting to bang him including his cousin/step sister who he lived with. I forced myself to finish it. Top that for shite. I'll wait a few more years to see if I break that cycle and give another show a shot.
Sword art is shite. You picked a bad one. I can give you a million recs. Pop on over to the anime thread.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I didn't claim anywhere that Ghibli is bad. And you're lying because Ghibli is the definition of 'powerpoint' style animation. It's especially ridiculous to shit on Sidonia which, thx to 3d-animation, never reaches powerpoint level of animation. You might not like the choppy framerate of this particular cgi anime, but its animation is fantastic.

Attack on titan has episodes of powerpoint animation. Hey, we're going to spend 20 minutes under this titan skeleton while the camara pans and someone shouts offscreen and we talk over it. And you call that "Choppy".

Anyways, we should move this somewhere else, this thread is for laughing at reset, not discussing how crappy attack on titan is.

Last edited:

Ymir

So now that they’re bringing up coon again, is Barrett a coon? Am I using racial slurs against video game characters correctly?

Manus

They are upset about one of the few black people in a huge successful game. If he wasn't black in the game they would be like where is the black representation in the game? The way he was done in Remake is one of the best things about the game.

Their is no pleasing these lunatics.

Mochilador

They are upset about one of the few black people in a huge successful game. If he wasn't black in the game they would be like where is the black representation in the game? The way he was done in Remake is one of the best things about the game.

Their is no pleasing these lunatics.
I like Barret. Acts all tough but he has a good heart.

Saiyu

17 pages on why Barrett is a racist caricature and banning people who question that conclusion.

Multiple posts, some by a staff member, reducing a famous black man to a racist caricature and banning people who question that language.

Resetera 2020.

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:
I'm sorry but I feel like this is a direct attack against transwomen who don't get their periods, it's basically murder.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Hey I just wanted to say that I love each and every fucking one of all of you. And although I don’t post much these days (be it here or there), and EVEN if I had death threats over my FFVII-reaction, I still love you all.

Oh and I know the Kiwi are reading this: You’re the best. Keep it up ❤

Much love,
Your favorite retarded green dude

I love you too bro

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm sorry but I feel like this is a direct attack against transwomen who don't get their periods, it's basically murder.

I do not quite understand what relevance the gym has to the question.
Theres me thinking you were the same user
Nah, it is easy to differentiate us. I have yet to play Final Fantasy VII (and after consultation with Evilore, it is going to be the original, not the remake).

Last edited:

Oh god, the pain. If you ever see the will to give anime another chance, pick one of these (watch trailers to make a choice):

- Hunter X Hunter
- Monster
- Ajin
- Hanasaku Iroha
- Death Note
- Prince of Tennis

And now I'll stop. Fuck Resetera 🙋‍♀️

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Third page in the FF7 Barret Thread. Asked a question, later even explained same question.
Wasn't enough apparently.
Dude, you were literally just asking. It's, like, Dogwhistling 101 according to Era :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Did you just say transwomen don't get periods? Seriously, dude?

User banned (3 months): transphobia, concern trolling

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How dare you ..lol

6hgw9SE.jpg

Holy shit, you weren't kidding about "just asking questions." How in the world is that dismissive? Point a hole in their awful logic and get banned "dismissing concerns." I really shouldn't be surprise anymore, but it's somehow still baffling to me how people can operate in this way.

Ymir

IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT WHY I DON'T GOT FOOD!

OYQh8rR.png

If only Trump could just print out food using a magic food printer and give it away to everyone for free. Why did no other country think of this before? :pie_eyeroll:
Who the hell is starving in the streets? Where do these morons live? Also you’re getting $1200 a week from unemployment and got at least a $1200 stimulus and you’re “starving in the fucking street”? How incompetent are you when it comes to money to be suffering while staying at home which greatly cuts most peoples expenses

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Funny that despite how problematic Barret supposedly is, none of it matters a lick because he is easily my favorite character in an extended cast of stereotypical characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom