• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Here's some fun numbers:
I'm a Chinese from the Netherlands. Chinese make up 0.6% of the Dutch population, compared to 12.6% of the American population being black people.

And they're trying to teach people like me what minorities have to go through... 🤔?

In real life I never even reveal myself as 'a person of color': I'm simply Dutch. I specifically mentioned it there because they're obviously just using it exclusively for black people, while making it sound grander and for a noble cause.

And do you know how wholesome you guys are? It still shocks me every time I open up GAF how sane this forum has become. So.... down to earth normal. It's so comfy and nice here :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

They definitely have a supremacist problem over there.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
This has nothing to do with Reeee..

But I saw it and laughed harder the usual.

Enjoy.

4vrVQi9.jpg

ILLtown

I like this dude. He just shits on all the fuckery thats going on without even caring about getting cancelled. Top man

I like that he has that attitude, but I can't stand his videos. He waffles on for ages sometimes without getting to the point, possibly cos he's trying to pad the video out to a certain length.

I think Upper Echelon Gamers is far better than him. He's more level-headed. He gets to the point. He does more research. He's not cringey in the slightest, which I can't really say about The Quartering. They don't cover the exact same topics, but there is some overlap, and everything outside that overlap on TQ's side is usually just Twitter bollocks anyway.

Mista

Banned
I like that he has that attitude, but I can't stand his videos. He waffles on for ages sometimes without getting to the point, possibly cos he's trying to pad the video out to a certain length.

I think Upper Echelon Gamers is far better than him. He's more level-headed. He gets to the point. He does more research. He's not cringey in the slightest, which I can't really say about The Quartering. They don't cover the exact same topics, but there is some overlap, and everything outside that overlap on TQ's side is usually just Twitter bollocks anyway.
I like UEG too

Ionian

Feel the same way. Was subbed to him for a while, can't even remember why. His videos got incredibly monotonus quickly.

He just goes on and on and on and when the video ends, you think 'that's it?'.

His Era video, while funny, is just shit other people found. Every video is a whine-fest, much like Era.

I wonder how his crowdfunded website is doing, honestly never even checked it out. Was being built before I unsubbed.

JSoup

Banned
I wonder how his crowdfunded website is doing, honestly never even checked it out. Was being built before I unsubbed.

A quick check says "ok I guess".
Most of his money doesn't come from making quality videos, but pumping out 10 or 20 videos a week. At that volume, even slight support adds up quickly. It's quantity over quality idea and it apparently works.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'm not American, I think Trump is a humongous dipshit and the GOP can do much better, but do these fucking retards understand that if Biden steps down they have a less than 0% chance of winning the election? Some idiots are even calling for him to be impeached as soon as he's in office.

Well, of course. He is a grown man that openly wondered if shining bright lights on people and injecting disinfectant into people's lungs were a viable thing for treating the coronavirus. Those are thoughts of a child, and somehow someone so monumentally stupid is president of the United States. That's just the latest thing, he has said or tweeted equally stupid shit almost every day for as long as he's been in the public eye.

If Biden steps down they'll have to run Warren or Sanders, and I doubt either could win. This is a very stupid country. Our voters want someone who can lull them into comfort, not someone who will speak to them stark truths.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It’s utterly amazing how many threads that ksweeley dude starts. Does he just not have a life or a job?
He created a thread about how landlords are taking advantage of tenants and was saying he is lucky with his landlords as they aren't looking for rent, his landlords are his parents. He is currently receiving the same amount in disability payments he was getting prior to the pandemic and refuses to give anything to his parents. Miserable cunt, give your (likely long suffering) parents some cash you wanker.

nush

He created a thread about how landlords are taking advantage of tenants and was saying he is lucky with his landlords as they aren't looking for rent, his landlords are his parents. He is currently receiving the same amount in disability payments he was getting prior to the pandemic and refuses to give anything to his parents. Miserable cunt, give your (likely long suffering) parents some cash you wanker.

That's not quite true, he actually dry snitched on himself. His parents are getting his disability money as rent. But they said they did not want him to suffer during these difficult times so they are not taking rent from him.

Stay with me on this, it's becuse he was making income by going outside that he lost becuse of the lockdown.

Otherwise as an unemployed man it would make no difference if there was a lockdown or not becuse he's supposed to be at home unable to work. But if there's a lockdown there's nowhere he can go to spend money anyway so where's the suffering?

The whole family are more than likely grifters.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
That's not quite true, he actually dry snitched on himself. His parents are getting his disability money as rent. But they said they did not want him to suffer during these difficult times so they are not taking rent from him.

Stay with me on this, it's becuse he was making income by going outside that he lost becuse of the lockdown.

Otherwise as an unemployed man it would make no difference if there was a lockdown or not becuse he's supposed to be at home unable to work. But if there's a lockdown there's nowhere he can go to spend money anyway so where's the suffering?

The whole family are more than likely grifters.
i dunno he sure seems actual retarded though

Complains that the angry black man is an awful stereotype that shouldn't be given oxygen, allows himself to be the very example of the offensive sterotype he claims doesn't exist.

"The amount of rage this man generates deep inside me". Relax the cacks, it's a video game character, try to break the fucking stereotype in real life. The difference between you and Barret is Barret has a legitimate reason for being angry. He is a video game character with a gun for a hand. Name me one person in the world who resembles Barret?
I actually knew a black guy in college as built as Barret in the remake, minus the gun arm of course. The guy was one of the calmest, most zenned-out sum'bitch I've ever met.

Ionian

How many times can the website implode, people are fleeing and have been getting banned for years?

14k banned. Says it all really. That FF7R thread is a disgrace and they have been rightfully lambasted for acting like cunts.

Cerium was the silent captain that navigated into an iceburg. B-Dubbs is taking the blame and can't right the ship as its hull is busted.

Bringing out Nepthene as an admin was so short-sighted it's incredible. Sort this out Hecht, you're an admin too. (and also white so therefore a racist)

Last edited:

Ymir

How many times can the website implode, people are fleeing and have been getting banned for years?

14k banned. Says it all really. That FF7R thread is a disgrace and they have been rightfully lambasted for acting like cunts.

Cerium was the silent captain that navigated into an iceburg. B-Dubbs is taking the blame and can't right the ship as its hull is busted.

Bringing out Nepthene as an admin was so short-sighted it's incredible. Sort this out Hecht, you're an admin too. (and also white so therefore a racist)

Hecht is a racist piece of shit

That was very easy for me to say.

pulga

Banned
Well, of course. He is a grown man that openly wondered if shining bright lights on people and injecting disinfectant into people's lungs were a viable thing for treating the coronavirus. Those are thoughts of a child, and somehow someone so monumentally stupid is president of the United States. That's just the latest thing, he has said or tweeted equally stupid shit almost every day for as long as he's been in the public eye.

If Biden steps down they'll have to run Warren or Sanders, and I doubt either could win. This is a very stupid country. Our voters want someone who can lull them into comfort, not someone who will speak to them stark truths.

Some are even calling for Cuomo to step up. A man that wasn't even on the ballot and has not campaigned at all for the seat. It's ridiculous. Same goes for those calling for Michelle Obama. They'd get eviscerated in November.

Last edited:

Ymir

"I'm so sick and fucking tired of hearing about this nigga. Really am. His coonery is at the point where he needs to just get it over with and rename himself Coonye West.

Ain't ever gonna listen to his shit again."

Lol, good thing Soliloquy of a Dogge can't be racist, otherwise... yikes

Dick Jones

Gold Member
"I'm so sick and fucking tired of hearing about this nigga. Really am. His coonery is at the point where he needs to just get it over with and rename himself Coonye West.

Ain't ever gonna listen to his shit again."

Lol, good thing Soliloquy of a Dogge can't be racist, otherwise... yikes
Four words
Racist Fucking Dogge Whistle.

I actually knew a black guy in college as built as Barret in the remake, minus the gun arm of course. The guy was one of the calmest, most zenned-out sum'bitch I've ever met.
Yeah, its almost like everyone has a different personality that doesn't depend conditionally on their skin colour. Pity these ERA hatemongers don't take a minute to take stock of their issues (some gripes are legitimate) and lay them out in a clear concise way. 'The rage inside me' doesn't work as well as 'Although in FFVII Remake, Barret has toned down the Mr T stereotype in the original, there are a few issues I have and they are a) ... b) ... c) ... I hope in Remake 2 that Square-Enix will correct this by doing x and y.

At the end of the day the plot of FF7 doesn't work without Barret starting out as an eco-terrorist for whom the ends justify the means when it comes to the mass-murder of innocents that are in his way. His entire character arc is coming to realize the error of his previous thinking, and forgiving himself for his self-perceived failure of ignorance concerning Corel.

He literally can't be anything but a rage-filled psychopath at this point in the plot, because terrorists aren't fucking Tibetan monks.

Note - I haven't gotten past chapter 3 yet, I know characters develop rapidly in this game compared to the original.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
At the end of the day the plot of FF7 doesn't work without Barret starting out as an eco-terrorist for whom the ends justify the means when it comes to the mass-murder of innocents that are in his way. His entire character arc is coming to realize the error of his previous thinking, and forgiving himself for his self-perceived failure of ignorance concerning Corel.

He literally can't be anything but a rage-filled psychopath at this point in the plot, because terrorists aren't fucking Tibetan monks.

Note - I haven't gotten past chapter 3 yet, I know characters develop rapidly in this game compared to the original.
I enjoyed it, if you're okay with not playing a 1:1 exact remake of the original you'll love it. I'll give in a month before playing hard mode.

For the hate that Remake gets for being tone deaf, I thought the Honeybee Sequence was handled extremely progressively but any positive talk on Remake is neutered by the loons.

nush

Lol, I clicked this never not hilarious thread. Kept scrollling, bunch of sexy anime chicks, outrage etc.. Then this:

First ugly female character AND OF COURSE they praise the design.

Could they more obviously hate attractive girls? It's so facepalmingly insane 🤦‍♀️

Just wait until they reveal she's also trans.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, I clicked this never not hilarious thread. Kept scrollling, bunch of sexy anime chicks, outrage etc.. Then this:

Could they more obviously hate attractive girls? It's so facepalmingly insane 🤦‍♀️
She doesn't look THAT bad, but they are ironically praising a crooked fem cop on roids

Makes me think they'll love this chick then

X4BzbbI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ILLtown

Of course they hate attractive girls and men that have some game when it comes to talking to women, cos those things are exactly what they are not most of the time.

It's the same with the "fat acceptance movement" stuff, where instead of accepting that, outside of fetishes, people just aren't that into the morbidly obese look, they have to try and change the world around them instead of changing and improving themselves.

No developer can ever win though, because they feed off being outraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom