• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

20200616-125830.jpg

Very normal to assume most white men are racist, very normal and not a bannable offense.

Daffy Duck

Laugh my fucking ass off.

This is fucking hilarious. You cannot make any funny threads on that depressing shit hole of a place! The hilarity of that thread, the OP gets a ban for console wars.....hahahahaha haha oh my fucking days.

You utter boring twats, have some fun for once in your pathetic lives.

🤡

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Laugh my fucking ass off.

This is fucking hilarious. You cannot make any funny threads on that depressing shit hole of a place! The hilarity of that thread, the OP gets a ban for console wars.....hahahahaha haha oh my fucking days.

You utter boring twats, have some fun for once in your pathetic lives.

🤡

I really need to dig up the response I got one time that people shouldn’t joke on ERA because “nobody is as funny as they think they are”.

Reminds me that ERA is one of the most depressing places to be on the internet. Everyone is absolutely miserable.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Fun is problematic.
That should actually be their tagline. It encapsulates everything about the site. Genius.
I wish it was easy to pull up that screencap of the mods saying "We are working on some fun activities for the forum, its taking a long time to organize"

It never happened. Fun must be scheduled and organized by committee there.
I think they have many events, the witch hunt after South Koreans this past week was Era's ideas of entertaining and fun. Being complicit in multiple suicides in the past 12 months is their idea of fun. Demeaning users based on the colour of their skin is their idea of fun. They have been busy organising 'fun', the only problem is that it's just fun if you are participating in the Outrage Olympics and mentally ill (banned for abliest rhetoric)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Found it!

Comedy is bullying!😂

nush

#Phonepunk#

Banned
fighting fragility by being so upset by very milk toast opinions that you publicly ban someone with full histrionics

it’s all a game of projection with these idiots. they spend all day every day mad about something and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with them 100%. all they know is fragility.

if there is a White Fragility center of the universe then that is where Era is located

Last edited:

ShinNL

Speaking of fun stuff, I love the emoticon reactions and just realized that it wouldn't work on REE, because what are they gonna do.... ban people for spamming :messenger_tears_of_joy: on ridiculous notions? They wouldn't be able to handle all the sane but silent people (which if humanity is any indication, always has more of than insane people). Banned for laughing at a sensitive topic.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Speaking of fun stuff, I love the emoticon reactions and just realized that it wouldn't work on REE, because what are they gonna do.... ban people for spamming :messenger_tears_of_joy: on ridiculous notions? They wouldn't be able to handle all the sane but silent people (which if humanity is any indication, always has more of than insane people). Banned for laughing at a sensitive topic.
You'd get banned for digital blackface 👍🏿
Also Clown shaming, I mean person of fun shaming 🤡
🐕 Nepenthe emoji
🙈 ignoring logic
👀 sight shaming
The list goes on.

LarknThe4th

That Tretton thread title is very creative, plays with the whole "console Warz" thing and is fun

Why the fuck would someone be banned for that?!

It's an internet forum for fuck sake not a snooty finishing school!!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

TO2XY23.png

Naturally this guy is questioning his two month ban for a pretty reasonable post. Spoiler: it ends about as well as you expect.

Moderation on ERA concerning the Tara Reade allegations was a big driving force for me looking elsewhere to spend my time on the internet and ultimately coming back to GAF.

Just another example of stifling any dissenting positions on important political issues.

Last edited:

Ionian

TO2XY23.png

Naturally this guy is questioning his two month ban for a pretty reasonable post. Spoiler: it ends about as well as you expect.

Moderation on ERA concerning the Tara Reade allegations was a big driving force for me looking elsewhere to spend my time on the internet and ultimately coming back to GAF.

Just another example of stifling any dissenting positions on important political issues.

Welcome home :)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just think of the real victims a bunch of Male feminists who helped dogpile someone who may have been raped by someone they are planning on voting for

funny how the revive to that thread is some Male feminist bitching about being banned then a bunch of other males doing the same then it’s closed

like you assholes aren’t oppressed in any fucking way if u think your rape apologism is keeping you from just asking questions. they have to know the statistics of reported rapes, yet their fucking ego was bruised because they didn’t get to go on this website for a month and shit on a woman they will never meet in their pathetic inconsequential lives

Last edited:

TO2XY23.png

They locked the thread with this

The poster got banned not just for this one post, but multiple posts where they bring up conspiracy theories about Putin and Russia and media coverage. Regardless of what came out of Tara Reade's credibility much later after this ban occurred, at the time, there was no real reason to cast aspersions on the victim. Using such rhetoric is hostile to victims of sexual assault and it makes it difficult for victims to come forward, and that is why such rhetoric has always been against our guidelines.

Moreover, bumping a thread 2 months later to complain about your ban, especially over a sensitive issue, is completely inappropriate. This is not how members should express concern about their bans. The member had 2 months to email in an appeal and make their case, and never once did that.

We are locking this thread because it's clearly no longer on-topic. We will still be evaluating some of the remaining posts.

The fucking gall.

no real reason to cast aspersions on the victim - even though he only mentioned 'myriad inconsistencies', in a story which was then found to be false. Also note the qualifier 'real' in real reason - a dead giveaway that they know they are chatting shit

completely inappropriate, you should email an appeal which everyone knows will be ignored :messenger_smirking: - and also that defeats the point of what he is doing. He wants a public conversation, not some bullshit behind-closed-doors sweeping under the carpet exercise,assuming he would even get a reply, which he obviously wouldn't.

And they talk about 'fragility'

Last edited:
Found it!

Comedy is bullying!😂
Of course whatever you don't like is "right wing". That must be right wing humor. Oh, and HE's the one talking about "insecure or petty"?... on a silly thread? Does he have a mirror? Just saying...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The fucking gall.

no real reason to cast aspersions on the victim - even though he only mentioned 'myriad inconsistencies', in a story which was then found to be false

completely inappropriate, you should email an appeal which everyone knows will be ignored :messenger_smirking: - and also that defeats the point of what he is doing. He wants a public conversation, not some bullshit behind-closed-doors sweeping under the carpet exercise,assuming he would even get a reply, which he obviously wouldn't.

2017: Come join ERA where there will be more transparency and we can talk about things!

2020: You aren't allowed to talk about bans and must email an appeal direct into a trash can instead. Thread locked.

Further, I have no problem with questioning and even agitating for looking into the vast amount of untested rape kits and how sexual assault seems to go unpunished.

At the same time, questioning the extremely dated allegations of one individual who had clear political motivations during a very contentious and heated primary shouldn't be a forbidden line of thought.

There has to be a balance to these things.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

The fucking gall.

no real reason to cast aspersions on the victim - even though he only mentioned 'myriad inconsistencies', in a story which was then found to be false. Also note the qualifier 'real' in real reason - a dead giveaway that they know they are chatting shit

So they locked it and warned everybody to shut up, and said they would be reviewing some more posts

The insecurity involved here by them mods is pathetic!

"Where not wrong you are!! SHUTUP!!!"

Fucking losers

Dick Jones

Gold Member
This thread gonna be funny. Just the concept of these Male feminists insisting the movie was good alone is comedy gold
I'd had funnier and more enjoyable experiences getting dumped. Jesus. The only funny one out of that abomination was Leslie Jones (that godawful Oprah joke aside) who was hounded off social media. I remember watching Sunday Brunch when Dan Aykroyd more or less confirming the death of Feig's career. Now that was funny.

Ionian

The fucking gall.

Even saying she is a "Victim" when not is proven is very un-woke.

And honestly low IQ.

Ionian

I got banned a few times, asked why at the email address (gmail)

First one was pretty hostile and felt like I was being berated by my mother.

It put a target on my back, never got a reply again. Very Funny as I don't care.

One ban was saying "listen darling". think it was to Excel, no idea but apparently that is offensive to women.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

It put a target on my back, never got a reply again. Very Funny as I don't care.

One ban was saying "listen darling". think it was to Excel, no idea but apparently that is offensive to women.
Indulge me for a second,

Imagine a scenario wher one of those clowns walks up to you and says "listen darling" in the real world

Now imagine what you would do to em, I'm hoping you are smiling because in the real world those dumb fucks are wallflowers that nobody pays any mind to

All power fantasy shit as they hide behind a keyboard, it is so obvious

Ionian

Indulge me for a second,

Imagine a scenario wher one of those clowns walks up to you and says "listen darling" in the real world

Now imagine what you would do to em, I'm hoping you are smiling because in the real world those dumb fucks are wallflowers that nobody pays any mind to

All power fantasy shit as they hide behind a keyboard, it is so obvious

It was an off-the-cuff thing as they were saying "fuck and shit" in the thread

Ban didn't bother me, I just laughed.

they were going crazy, I was taking the piss

Someone did it here? I'd probably laugh and kiss them on the cheek.

It's normal response for someone going mental to calm them down. At least where I live.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

It was an off-the-cuff thing as they were saying "fuck and shit" in the thread

Ban didn't bother me, I just laughed.

they were going crazy, I was taking the piss

Someone did it here? I'm kiss them on the cheek. It's normal
"Taking the piss"

Theres where ya fucked up, I have a feeling they are introverts and dont have a clue what that is

Trust me I used to be introverted as fuck and I resented everything and one that had a laugh, but ya know i just grew up and realised that taking the piss out of people and myself was actually fun, that everything didn't have to be serious

But hey, maybe they think they are saving the world or something over there, one comment at a time!

Ionian

"Taking the piss"

Theres where ya fucked up, I have a feeling they are introverts and dont have a clue what that is

Trust me I used to be introverted as fuck and I resented everything and one that had a laugh, but ya know i just grew up and realised that taking the piss out of people and myself was actually fun, that everything didn't have to be serious

But hey, maybe they think they are saving the world or something over there, one comment at a time!

I didn't fuck up anything, they were being an asshole. My comment was innocent and also I don't care.

Was just stupid. Person was going HAM in the thread, didn't even know who the were at the time. Was just random.

Be introvert, extrovert , honestly whatever you want. But an asshole is an asshole, that will never change. You don't get a free pass.

LarknThe4th

I didn't fuck up anything, they were being an asshole. My comment was innocent and also I don't care.

Was just stupid. Person was going HAM in the thread, didn't even know who the were at the time. Was just random.

Be introvert, extrovert , honestly whatever you want. But an asshole is an asshole, that will never change. You don't get a free pass.
Dude I'm agreeing with ya! 😂😂

That's where ya fucked up IN THEIR EYES(not any normal) ya cant break "the rules"(rules always seem to change over their as well based on the topic) in a place like that or the Gestapo will jump ya

They dont want to grow up and live in the real world, they will put ya on a list and hound ya until you are gone from the forum, its hilarious to even think about really, cause it's an internet forum why are they so serious? Do they have ban quotas?!! 😂😂

lmimmfn

I dont get much time for forums or gaming so i have to be selective, i really cant be arsed with stupid forums like Era.
However i will admit i love looking at the ant farm from the outside.
I dont think it will last long but im happy it exists as i dont want those idiots joining forums i frequent.

nush

I think we should play a game and start appealing random bans at the email address and post any responses here. There's got to be some fucking gold in there when the mods think nobody will see the responses.

Hi mods,

This is catfart69 I'd like to complain about my ban...

You could do it from a burner email as well.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I think we should play a game and start appealing random bans at the email address and post any responses here. There's got to be some fucking gold in there when the mods think nobody will see the responses.

Hi mods,

This is catfart69 I'd like to complain about my ban...

You could do it from a burner email as well.
Hi mods,

This is Nepenthe. I got locked out of my account because the pc has a parental lock and won't work for me. I know shocking as I'm a very tall 3ft 2.5 inches. Help!

PS I hate Kayne the c**n in case you think I'm not a midget furry racist.

Nepenthe

------------------------

High moobs,
Diz es Slayvem, I fourgot mi èmail pazwourd agin.
Sends it too Mae he-mail adress at: fakeaccount@notslayven.com
Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom