• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

recma12

They are not used to face challenges in real life, how we could demand they can overcomes challenges in a videogame?

Imagine getting reparations + disability checks while playing Sekiro on easy (auto-parry) all day.... the life!

That aside, the "Mendinso-takeover thread" is a perfect example of why ERA sucks so much as a forum.
Derailing is only forbidden on paper.
It's perfectly fine for "marginalized groups" to hijack any topic they like, mods don't step in but rather ban posters that dare to call out the derails.

Regarding our boy:

Dude streams old FF games in Japanese on Twitch, which kinda proves the point that there are plenty of games out there for all kinds of people.
Some people can go 25:3 on CoD TDM or beat Souls bosses naked but would find it quite tough to play old-school JRPGs because they are not good with strategy.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hold up, HOLOFAN4LIFE, where have I heard that name before???

The same guy that got caught at an AEW wrestling Event screaming at his Autistic Sister and Mother, lied about it for Reddit Points, got found out and was chased off and de-moded from that subreddit

Small world

Reddit is corrupt as fuck, if you pick away at all the shite buried in various drama subs and various dirt. I'm convinced most of these mods are just adults with complexes who were bullied savagely and just can't let go, so now exact their revenge with some weird nerd alignment for the good

nush

Reddit is corrupt as fuck, if you pick away at all the shite buried in various drama subs and various dirt. I'm convinced most of these mods are just adults with complexes who were bullied savagely and just can't let go, so now exact their revenge with some weird nerd alignment for the good

Did you see that post made recently where the biggest sub reddits were all modded by the same handful of mods? It wasnt a big list of mods either.

edbrat

It is for me :messenger_loudly_crying:

Can't seem to get passed Sen's Fortress. Not complaining though...or asking for an easy mode haha

Take it one obstacle at a time, work out when you can wait and chill and when you can move. Make sure you're tooled up so you can dispatch enemies in not too many swipes, and a bow or similar. Don't worry too much about the bit below you at the start, focus on getting higher. Each individual obstacle is trivial once you've worked it out, it's just stringing them together to the end like many Souls levels. You should really complete this, because the transition to the next level is to me one of the most breathtaking moments in the Souls series.

Another approach would be to buddy up look for a sign at the start of Sens, hell I'll fire it up again and coop it with you if I've got a character around your level (PS4 lmk).

Another approach would be to watch a vid or two or read an FAQ to make it easy. I had barely any spare time when DS2 came out and basically looked at vids / FAQs whenever I got stuck and it made it faster which was what I needed at the time to see the game.

Redlancet

Banned
The end of the western civllilization will come from the hand of people like the retards of resetera, in the past in dismiss that asumption, now i dont know anymore

Dorohedoro

tsrRIeb.png

"superhero"

giphy.gif

Ionian

He's on the shortlist for being the diversity hire Muslim mod.

That would be hliarious, given his history giving dating advice with women (despite being in an arranged marriage), should be brilliant.

He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to say the least.

Last edited:

Traianvs

That would be hliarious, given his history giving dating advice with women (despite being in an arranged marriage), should be brilliant.

Isn't he the one who's spouse was forced into marriage by his family?
Why should anyone listen to this individual about issues concerning women, respect and tolerance?

Exede

I don't get the problem with men liking women without bras. Are the MEN calling people creeps for liking free boobs for real or are they just trying to stay in the restera bubble? I can see why a women is feeling uncomfortable in this topic. But even women know and i include lesbians that boobs are a nice thing to watch at for a partner. And the one including non binaris? Like for real? What the heck has this to do with non binaris? I mean.... why?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Jesus christ at that topic. Imagine sitting opposite that table of gagglefucks in a restaurant and over hearing some of that shit.

Thoust may only speak if thy is wearing the hat of oratarium. Thoust must speak loudly to proclaimeth our piety and create a cuntish boundary whereby no norm may pass.

I caught a 3 week ban in that Easy Mode thread over the weekend for making the same point K.Jack made to the very same poster.

That's precisely why I have 1000+ ignored threads on Era and mostly limit my posting to a handful of OTs and news reaction threads these days. There's literally no point in discussing 'hot button' topics on that website unless your're driving by with a "vile, gross, disgusting" post or otherwise towing the 'official position'. Rarely are distinctions made between disagreeing with that position, and agreeing with too little fervor or any sort of qualification. Typically this also means it's open season for bans or outright attacks from members.

Sure, I absolutely think more can be done on the accessibility front for disabled gamers. But I also don't think it's a reasonable expectation for every developer to design every game with the end goal of every abled-bodied and disabled person making it to the final credits. Those overly the entitled people with kids, little patience, "not enough time", overbearing spouses who police their game time, etc.. who want all games to be 6 hours long with zero challenge can fuck right off.

If you literally have 1000+ ignored threads, why don't you just leave that site forever and never go back? Is Stockholm Syndrome really that strong?

They tried to ban the word "trap" because of the nebulous claim that it's transphobic even though 99% of its usage is in reference to men who look feminine, nothing to do with people who are actually transgender.

It's like banning the word "car" from a car forum because some random person claimed that car is a racial slur even though 99% of the people using the word car are using it to refer to vehicles.

It's a completely nonsensical change done more for appearance's sake than anything else. Mods can ban a word for no actual good reason and pat themselves on the back for it.

As you can see from the fallout, most of the sub's userbase seems to disagree and believes that the mods do not have the community's interests at heart.

Haha seriously? They tried to pull a Ree on the Reddit anime community? Wow. Well, I guess that's the end of that sub them. Let's hope the new sub has less retarded moderation I guess.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I caught a 3 week ban in that Easy Mode thread over the weekend for making the same point K.Jack made to the very same poster.

That's precisely why I have 1000+ ignored threads on Era and mostly limit my posting to a handful of OTs and news reaction threads these days. There's literally no point in discussing 'hot button' topics on that website unless your're driving by with a "vile, gross, disgusting" post or otherwise towing the 'official position'. Rarely are distinctions made between disagreeing with that position, and agreeing with too little fervor or any sort of qualification. Typically this also means it's open season for bans or outright attacks from members.

Sure, I absolutely think more can be done on the accessibility front for disabled gamers. But I also don't think it's a reasonable expectation for every developer to design every game with the end goal of every abled-bodied and disabled person making it to the final credits. Those overly the entitled people with kids, little patience, "not enough time", overbearing spouses who police their game time, etc.. who want all games to be 6 hours long with zero challenge can fuck right off.

q3YtrYk.jpg

Daffy Duck

Jesus H Christ, what a bunch of little cry babies. Boohoo, somebody mentions a thing they like cry me a fucking river.

Newsflash: Your blow up doll isn’t a real girlfriend.

Why are women on that board so fucking weird?

Last edited:

Nameless

If you literally have 1000+ ignored threads, why don't you just leave that site forever and never go back? Is Stockholm Syndrome really that strong?

Shit, inconsistent moderation and neverending attempts by certain members to stoke and/or weaponize the community (Gamers Rise Up!) doesn't completely erase Era's value when it comes to news, rumors, games discovery, and focused communities. And at least 100 of those are Pokemon threads.

But I do find myself actually posting there less and less.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Even hetro women appreciate boobs in my experience. Its universal. Sad little sexless cunts.
it is a survival mechanism, the appreciation of boobs! mammals feed their young through them. we are biologically programmed to like them. we didn't ask to be this way. it was not a choice. my gender is not a choice, but these bigots will never understand that. to them having a double standard against hetero sex is justified, because of oppression.

so you end up with ONLY sexual deviants. i use that term literally: sex for reproductive purposes is looked down upon, the only thing they value is deviancy from that hated norm.

it is a form of madness and narcissistic self annihilation. they are literally cutting up their own genitals.

how fucked up do you have to be to do that?

Last edited:
My wife would be banned so fast at ERA. They wouldn't be prepared for her. It makes me wonder how many Aussie chicks are on ERA, fuck all I'm guessing; let alone the admin/mod team. As someone who lived in east and west coast USA for years, as well as family there now, they are fucking prudes. ERA is just a warped extension of that. I'll take the European mentality on sexuality and nudity over yankees any day. Violence and guns on TV? Team America fuck yeah. A joke about a pair of tits or a cock bouncing around? Banned.

Men like tits and joke about it. Shocker. Most of the women I know IRL joke about their/friends tits more than the blokes do. Glad to be Aussie and have sheilas that have a good laugh. Lighten the fuck up.

My wife would be banned so fast at ERA. They wouldn't be prepared for her. It makes me wonder how many Aussie chicks are on ERA, fuck all I'm guessing; let alone the admin/mod team. As someone who lived in east and west coast USA for years, as well as family there now, they are fucking prudes. ERA is just a warped extension of that. I'll take the European mentality on sexuality and nudity over yankees any day. Violence and guns on TV? Team America fuck yeah. A joke about a pair of tits or a cock bouncing around? Banned.

Men like tits and joke about it. Shocker. Most of the women I know IRL joke about their/friends tits more than the blokes do. Glad to be Aussie and have sheilas that have a good laugh. Lighten the fuck up.
Really depends on what you would class as female as I could be a male who identifies as a female but is a lesbian because my wife turned lesbian and is having a relationship with another female that identifies as a male and .....I’m fucking confused

nush

Shit, inconsistent moderation and neverending attempts by certain members to stoke and/or weaponize the community (Gamers Rise Up!) doesn't completely erase Era's value when it comes to news, rumors, games discovery, and focused communities. And at least 100 of those are Pokemon threads.

But I do find myself actually posting there less and less.
Bro, just walk away. There’s nothing meaningful there anymore, and increasingly I’m of the opinion there never was. It was a site created in false pretense, weaponizing a community against itself to destroy one site (the one you’re currently reading) to create a new one for the creator’s personal gain, and today it’s a toxic cesspool which has less and less to do with gaming by the day. I can’t imagine any ”gaming site” which is going to likely ban discussion of one of the biggest games to be released this generation but I can’t see any way that Cyberpunk 2077 will be allowed to be freely discussed there.

In terms of focused communities, Reddit was invented for a reason. There’s a subreddit for literally every game imaginable, and big franchises have multiple subreddits for every aspect of the game you never even thought about. I think there’s like 20+ Pokemon related subreddits, though I myself am not a Pokemon fan and only tangentially am aware of it besides having seen and liked the Detective Pikachu movie.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Thread got stupid real quick, as per usual with CP2077 threads in that place.

OH NO! HOW DARE THEY COMPRE SOMETHING TO AMERICA!

BUT BUT BUT THEY SAID ITS NOT POLTICAL.

Listen numb nuts, that comment is a throwaway comment about the culture in the game and they compre it to the crazy land of the USA. That’s it, it’s that simple.

Eat Children gets it

Also whilst on their obsession with political statements from CP2077 and how the genre is very political, I just Finished reading the first Alrered Carbon book, and guess what.....there’s no political commentary going on in that book that would appease them, I’d love to know their thoughts on that....

Last edited:

nush

Wait... did he just doxx himself on youtube? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jezbollah

'Strayan chicks = best chicks.

Just wanted to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom