• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCB3

If I had the chance to put pronoun, I'd put Jedi, just as I do for my religion on the census, makes just as much sense

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"Elle" is literally "she" in french

I guess, but I don't know, it's very artificial in Spanish. In English you have the gender-neutral plurals which is suboptimal since it introduces confusion but it's doable, but no word exists in Spanish, you got to make up a new one, hence any solution will sound artificial.

teezzy

Banned

4ce.gif

Hellraizah

I wonder if people learning English as a second language get confused by some people insisting on being referred to individually as plural pronouns.

Do pronoun police exist in French or Spanish speaking communities?
In french, "vous", which is the plural form of "tu" has been used for ages as polite manners. It's mostly used to talk to old people and is less and less used these days.

In english, "you" is the plural form of "you", which is a bit more confusing, people could say.

As for pronouns, it's pretty much similar :

Je = I
Tu = You
Il = He
Nous = We
Vous = You (plural)
Ils = They

3rd person pronouns are the only ones who also have female variants.

Il (male) = Elle (female) = He/She
Ils (male) = Elles (female) = They (no gender in english)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Daisy Ridley is a smokeshow but she’s on the list of people you can’t criticize at all on Era along with Brie Larson, George Floyd, the two dudes who got shot in Kenosha, Jacob Blake, AOC, Ilan Omar, etc.

It’s really fucking weird how there’s a protected class of public figures because “the alt-right criticizes them”.

If I tell Nazis to fuck off long enough can I make posts without blowback?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"Elle" is literally "she" in french

I want to elaborate more on the answer: i guess like in french, since words have a masculine and a feminine form, if a word allows both uses pej doctor/doctora, the pronouns and the word have to use the same and thus "elle es doctor" doesn't work. These people say "add -e to the word" so "elle es doctore" but doesn't work for words that have a different form entirely, for example "actor/actriz".

Essentially, Spanish is innately gendered and you have to rejiggle the language to fit in the neutral gender. I just don't think it's something that's going to work in the long run, specially since genderfluids, genderneutrals, bigender and other flavors of the snowflake spectrum represent a rather small proportion of the population.

Cycom

Banned

4ce.gif
Clicked the link. Never visited that site...are people there generally that pathetic? What a night/day difference to this place.

That de Sade thread is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. And the best part is half the people on his Approved Literature list were also sexual predators.

I honestly think it might be a troll post. It’s too stupid even for Era.

600Breezy

Everyone’s favourite cat fishing, obese, mental furry with another accessibility rant aka CATER TO MY EVERY WHIM

teezzy

Banned
The whole non-binary pronoun thing confuses the heck out of me. I'm not even like trying to be mean or anything. I just dont understand how you can ask someone, "are you a man or a woman?" and they say, "Neither, call me they"

Like is the sorta like "is a hot dog a sandwich" thing? Like some dudes are more feminine than others and some chicks are more masculine than others. I'll refer to transgendered women as women, sure, but idk man. Like I just dont understand how you could say "neither".

teezzy

Banned

Everyone’s favourite cat fishing, obese, mental furry with another accessibility rant aka CATER TO MY EVERY WHIM

Has this person ever elaborated on what their disability is? Like... they dont have depth perception or something? They just keep saying "I have a disability" over and over again.

teezzy

Banned
What kind of disability prevents you from grasping a simple game design concept though? Then they just get upset because other well intentioned posters dont understand either, and this person refers to them as ableist? Is being a furry a disability?

I'm so glad I'm banned there at this point. I'd get banned again just for asking them "what kind of disability do you have?"

Last edited:
I also have a disability that affects my spacial comprehension, which is probably more severe than whatever issue Mendiso has. I still had no trouble with Ys 1 and 2. I just didn't find the combat fun.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Lol, got permabanned last week, found this thread... good stuff!

Caught a couple of 2 week bans from:

People accusing the Doc of sexual assualt with zero evidence or... even an accusation are perfectly cool, but looking forward to his return to streaming? Well that's a no go.

And the perm:

Where literally all I did was clear up falsehoods that were being posted and disagreed with their inane and insane conclusions which they drew from their made up lies. That's 'rationalizing murder'. And then the next person to die at a 'peaceful protest' is killed by Antifa in an apparently random attack based on what people were wearing... straight random murder. No self defense, just goes around town, finds a guy he decides he doesn't like and shoots him dead, and in that thread they basically cheer about it. Nope, no bans there.

Yeah, I'm not saying anything anyone here doesn't already know. It's just disheartening that so many people turn to violent extremism and fear conversation with anyone who disagrees with them.

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
That first ban is insane. Two weeks.
I'd post the 'transphobia' ban but it was years ago, I have no idea what thread it's in, and that kiwifarms thing doesn't seem to have it either. Topic had nothing to do with trans issues, I just compared something to 'misgendering'.

Also, never got a warning for anything... just straight to bans!

People accusing the Doc of sexual assualt with zero evidence or... even an accusation are perfectly cool, but looking forward to his return to streaming? Well that's a no go.

And the perm:

Where literally all I did was clear up falsehoods that were being posted and disagreed with their inane and insane conclusions which they drew from their made up lies. That's 'rationalizing murder'. And then the next person to die at a 'peaceful protest' is killed by Antifa in an apparently random attack based on what people were wearing... straight random murder. No self defense, just goes around town, finds a guy he decides he doesn't like and shoots him dead, and in that thread they basically cheer about it. Nope, no bans there.

Yeah, I'm not saying anything anyone here doesn't already know. It's just disheartening that so many people turn to violent extremism and fear conversation with anyone who disagrees with them.
Never let the facts get in the way of a social justice brigade

welcome aboard

nush

I can't find the screencap but I definitely remember this guy
Has this person ever elaborated on what their disability is? Like... they dont have depth perception or something? They just keep saying "I have a disability" over and over again.

Yes, it's epilepsy. That's it, you know the condition that's triggered by in some cases flashing lights. When you use a top tier label like disabled you he's purposely trying to make people think its worse.

For example you're a "Sexual assault" victim if someone just pinched your ass OR you were raped. Don't define it, people will think it's a worst case scenario.

nush

Ys was the first ever RPG I ever played, way back in the day. No magazine walk through, no internet and nobody I knew had or played the game. I only owned about 5 games at that point so I knew nothing.

The bump system is the most easiest combat system ever fucking made, you literately just walk into enemies and it auto attack them. That's it! If you can move a character on the screen, you can use the fight system. It's dumb as bricks. He's actually asking for a harder combat system to be implemented.

Also as I'm keeping count this is the third consecutive week he's made an accessibility topic. He's making these on a schedule.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I can't find the screencap but I definitely remember this guy

Yes, it's epilepsy. That's it, you know the condition that's triggered by in some cases flashing lights. When you use a top tier label like disabled you he's purposely trying to make people think its worse.

For example you're a "Sexual assault" victim if someone just pinched your ass OR you were raped. Don't define it, people will think it's a worst case scenario.
Mendinso knows he can’t flaunt a list of conditions such as FeistyBoots’s but wants the same attention and compassion - and the right to write as many declinations of the F-word he can in a single post.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

And the perm:

I caught a permaban a few years ago for liking Doc. No prior bans. Though I probably had a large target on my back for being a centrist and fiscally conservative.

Never even got a ban message. :messenger_dizzy:

Ymir

WILL THIS GAME RELEASED 31 YEARS AGO EVER STOP MOCKING THE “DISABLED”??????

Yes, I heard Ys Book I & II: Disability Edition is releasing next Tuesday along with a lengthy apology letter.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Nep thinks voluntary segregation is a good thing

also lol when you are trying to start a city with a total of 0.14 square miles of land

Ymir

Nep thinks voluntary segregation is a good thing

also lol when you are trying to start a city with a total of 0.14 square miles of land

Lol their concerns are all shaped by fucking TV shows. Now because of the watchmen, every other post is “hopefully this isn’t another Tulsa!”. Let’s hope it’s not an event that happened 99 years ago and only care about because the woke watchmen show told me it existed?

Also LMAO that they only bought 0.14 square miles in Georgia as a “town”

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol they really love this fantasy idea of Keanu Reeves they have of him being super woke

My Trump following dad told me Keanu is a huge Trump guy. He must keep it really quiet since he hasn’t be cancelled by the mob yet.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I wonder if people learning English as a second language get confused by some people insisting on being referred to individually as plural pronouns.

Do pronoun police exist in French or Spanish speaking communities?
Yeah it's fucking with my mind when i read something on era...single people getting referenced as They and some other strange shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom