• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSoup

Banned
this post is pure insanity lol what even is going on in this image?

xJc9tKe.jpg

This one's easy if you get the context.
The She-Ra remake/new show/whatever you want to call it was being blasted before it was new cause characters designs because it's something new and this is the internet. Show was released and everyone generally liked it. The two characters on screen eventually become a couple and it was also generally accepted as good because the writing was good. The image is just fanwank.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you are "genuinely baffled" that nobody is talking about Chinese slave labor being used to make game consoles but you are also literally part of the very problem you are complaining about

8YG3qCv.jpg

tECSeGa.jpg

i searched his website. seems there is only one article on the news. this must be the one he wrote?

cp3XciM.jpg

oH4lULK.jpg

classy! playing defense for slave labor for money while you bemoan the lack of coverage this is getting on Era.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oops i think i got the wrong site for that writer. this is the single article they did covering the issue on that site.

at any rate, dude wrote that one article back in March and has since written literally hundreds of positive articles and hasn't mentioned it since. so this

fmB6jgU.jpg

is a bunch of empty posturing.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Oh my fuckin' god.

QDMH7V7.png

Imagine starting a thread with ellipsis followed by "so".

Followed by another "so" in the OP itself.

No forum etiquette whatsoever.

:messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

tkscz

this post is pure insanity lol what even is going on in this image?

xJc9tKe.jpg

Ah yes, the SJWs are still trying to push nu She-ra, even though Matel dropped it because it couldn't sell merch and went back to the original She-ra designs. They are still mad about it and tried to get nu She-ra trending on tweeter to get another seaons (they failed).

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The whole non-binary pronoun thing confuses the heck out of me. I'm not even like trying to be mean or anything. I just dont understand how you can ask someone, "are you a man or a woman?" and they say, "Neither, call me they"

Like is the sorta like "is a hot dog a sandwich" thing? Like some dudes are more feminine than others and some chicks are more masculine than others. I'll refer to transgendered women as women, sure, but idk man. Like I just dont understand how you could say "neither".
Your DNA s male or female. Not both. Not neither. It's not complicated. People are just stupid. (not you...........they)

crumbs

Ah yes, the SJWs are still trying to push nu She-ra, even though Matel dropped it because it couldn't sell merch and went back to the original She-ra designs. They are still mad about it and tried to get nu She-ra trending on tweeter to get another seaons (they failed).

My sister (who's the right age for She-ra nostalgia) was pretty hyped when this was announced. She was excited to watch this with her children, but the kids bounced hard off the new She-ra. I watched an episode with them when it first released and everything was so mediocre: the art, the story, the characters, etc.

I guess that's the danger in making a cartoon for Twitter cred rather than trying to entertain kids.

tkscz

My sister (who's the right age for She-ra nostalgia) was pretty hyped when this was announced. She was excited to watch this with her children, but the kids bounced hard off the new She-ra. I watched an episode with them when it first released and everything was so mediocre: the art, the story, the characters, etc.

I guess that's the danger in making a cartoon for Twitter cred rather than trying to entertain kids.

The show didn't really catch on like the fans it has seem to think. The show got 5 seasons in two years, which is not a good sign. When you see that it's a sign that a network (Netflix in this case) is just trying to rush the show along.

I love how they try to use 5 seasons of nu she-ra vs 2 seasons of OG she-ra to say the nu show is better, when OG she-ra has 93 episodes and nu has 52. The hate they have for the OG show is unreal. It's just a campy old cartoon with some enjoyable writing, but they try to rip into WHILE admitting they never saw it lol.

crumbs

The show didn't really catch on like the fans it has seem to think. The show got 5 seasons in two years, which is not a good sign. When you see that it's a sign that a network (Netflix in this case) is just trying to rush the show along.

I love how they try to use 5 seasons of nu she-ra vs 2 seasons of OG she-ra to say the nu show is better, when OG she-ra has 93 episodes and nu has 52. The hate they have for the OG show is unreal. It's just a campy old cartoon with some enjoyable writing, but they try to rip into WHILE admitting they never saw it lol.

A lot of those 80's cartoons don't really hold up when viewing them as adults (most were just glorified toy adverts), but they at least had some charm and kids actually want toys. The new show was charmless and seemed to be selling "the feelz" to adults without giving the kids something to latch on to.

tkscz

A lot of those 80's cartoons don't really hold up when viewing them as adults (most were just glorified toy adverts), but they at least had some charm and kids actually want toys. The new show was charmless and seemed to be selling "the feelz" to adults without giving the kids something to latch on to.

The creator of the show was a known tumblr-ite who took all credit for things she didn't write alone. She mostly threw shade at the original show, claimed it was made by men to create sexy women for little boys to ogle at and buy toys of (show was actually created by a woman and a gay man who made sure She-ra didn't look super model-ish). She let one of her voice actors make fun of the original voice actress of She-ra when she asked them to stop insulting the fans of the original show (even make fun of the dead man who played the original version of his character). This behavioral pattern explains the colors all being solid ugly pastel and the lifelessness of the art. It explains the hamfisted feel of the writing and this need to make sure every character is LGBTQ. And, like with all SJWs, everyone turned on her when she made a racist joke a few days ago. Because SJWs who feel the need to claim they are the good people are usually the bad people.

Astral Dog

seeing as today is Astral Chain first anniversary i just remembered you basically couldn't talk about Anime Cops in the OT without discussion becoming a full critical analysis of the policial system in the United States
It was quite disturbing D:

NOTICE ME!!!!!
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!
The one time I want a Mendinso post.

Ionian

NOTICE ME!!!!!
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!

Again? Hasn't this dude posted the same topic numerous times already?

Bloody hell, ban him for his own safety.

They gotta be getting tired of him doing it over and over ...

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Yeah it's fucking with my mind when i read something on era...single people getting referenced as They and some other strange shit...

Makes zero sense to me so I just ignore it as gibberish and move on with my day.

Also I don't know what the situation with pronouns and shit is in spain but I can assure you central/latin america gives no fucks about it and people really don't care. If someone brings it up they laugh.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Makes zero sense to me so I just ignore it as gibberish and move on with my day.

Also I don't know what the situation with pronouns and shit is in spain but I can assure you central/latin america gives no fucks about it and people really don't care. If someone brings it up they laugh.

They asked one of the academics from the Spanish Royal Academy and the answer was "since this is such a critical issue that impacts millions of families, we should ponder on the solution for a few years, at least".

Ymir

NOTICE ME!!!!!
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!
He’s made at least 3-4 of these that I’ve seen and only started to notice him a couple months ago so there’s likely even more.

GymWolf

Gold Member

same for italy.

teezzy

Banned
Your DNA s male or female. Not both. Not neither. It's not complicated. People are just stupid. (not you...........they)

Y'know man. I understand that much, but I've experimented with enough psychedelics and abstract philosophical concepts in my day that I'm not opposed to the concept of someone feeling as though they were born in the wrong body.

It's a sensitive issue, I don't know. I get where they're coming from but also... like - what?

Fake

Gold Member

A Brazillian channel still show the old She-ra (Gloob), they first show He-man and next She-ra. Is really good watching both next to each other.

What I finding more amusing in this generation is what the 'new generation' are doing to destroy the legacy of others. I hate to bring Last of Us here, but is pretty much what happens there (similar to She-ran vs this new She-ra). They hate so much the previous work that they feel in need to downplay the old version.

I guess envy make a huge role on this generation.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who cares, it's more TDS.

But lookie here...

Profile pronouns and a ticket system. Nice corporate help desk ticket system. Nice placebo for the masses.

Eb19aF0.png

It/Shit

nush

NOTICE ME!!!!!
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!
YES! Acurrately guessed it was Exhausted Walrus before clicking. Ten Internet points for me.

The pronoun thing just makes it easier for people to report others

it’s like digital blackfacing
im scared to update my troll accounts as I honestly have no fucking idea on what some of these mean

Again? Hasn't this dude posted the same topic numerous times already?

Bloody hell, ban him for his own safety.

They gotta be getting tired of him doing it over and over ...
Yup, every couple of weeks he posts a depression thread, don't know his actual mental state, but something is definitely wrong and he should seek professional help before it's actually too late.

MrFunSocks

Banned
They should add a suicide forum to go with “gaming” and etcetera at this stage. They seem to have a dozen suicide threads a week. Same with general just “woe is me, I’m so tired” threads. So much attention seeking.

Jubenhimer

She was excited to watch this with her children, but the kids bounced hard off the new She-ra. I watched an episode with them when it first released and everything was so mediocre: the art, the story, the characters, etc.
I've seen the show too, and it's decent. But not the masterpiece that its fans like to proclaim it is. It felt like a generic kids adventure cartoon TBH, not really doing anything new in that regard either.

Jezbollah

That pronoun feature :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: - a handy nametag of communicative fragility.

I guess due to the fact all of that lot are using he/him, she/her, they/them we can cull the fuckin list of 100 pronouns that was pulled out of their communal arses back in the day.

tkscz

Is the She-Ra fanbase the same as the My Little Pony and Steven Universe crowd?

Yes to Steven Universe, no to MLP.

The fandom line for She-ra goes as follows:
Home Stuck
Undertale
Steven Universe
She-ra

Basically, you'll find most of the memes and art of these series on sites like Tumblr and sects of twitter than you will anywhere else. They are heavy in "acceptance" and push agenda harder than a good show. They hate you for not liking their thing. They seep into other fandoms just to hate them. In fact, because MLP fans weren't gay enough, they tend to mark them all as pedophiles, down to making up stories about them.

Saruhashi

Banned

This seems to be a common thing.
People creating content "for the kids" that is actually designed to appeal to the sensitivities of people in their mid-20s to mid-30s.

Example:

Now, picture books are generally made with the baby to 3 year old age range in mind.

What child under the age of three really needs a "book that empowers parents and children to uproot racism in our society and in ourselves, now with added discussion prompts to help readers recognize and reflect on bias in their daily lives"?

The truth is that this book is made for adults. The kids won't understand it at all but the adults get to virtue signal so it's really for them.

Hell the books that I had at that age were little waterproof numbers that could come into the bath with me so I could make animal noises and splash around! :)

Even when you movie into Young Adult fiction a lot of it is clearly targeted at women in their 30s who want an empowerment story that allows them to fantasize about what their lives could have been.

Example:

"By day, seventeen-year-old Kiera Johnson is an honors student, a math tutor, and one of the only Black kids at Jefferson Academy. But at home, she joins hundreds of thousands of Black gamers who duel worldwide as Nubian personas in the secret multiplayer online role-playing card game, SLAY. No one knows Kiera is the game developer, not her friends, her family, not even her boyfriend, Malcolm, who believes video games are partially responsible for the “downfall of the Black man.”"

I'd question how many kids, especially nerd kids, are fantasizing about being a secret video game developer in their free time compared to the number of middle aged women who see "game developer" as an amazingly well paid career that is a men only environment and need an empowering story about a female game dev who secretly makes a hugely popular game.

Of course Harry Potter would be the most high profile one that manages to do both.
The kids love it. They love the world and the adventures and the names of the things and just about everything about it.
When you go online though? You'll find an army of grown up idiots who use Harry Potter to express their political opinions.
Or to decry the author for having an opinion of her own that doesn't align with theirs.

Don't get me wrong. Kids shows and young adult novels etc CAN be enjoyable for adults. Definitely.

As you say, content like She-Ra, or even Ghostbusters 2016, is made for The Internet but the cover story is that it's supposed to "inspire a new generation of kids" or some other such bullshite. See also My Little Pony, Steven Universe etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yes to Steven Universe, no to MLP.

The fandom line for She-ra goes as follows:
Home Stuck
Undertale
Steven Universe
She-ra

Basically, you'll find most of the memes and art of these series on sites like Tumblr and sects of twitter than you will anywhere else. They are heavy in "acceptance" and push agenda harder than a good show. They hate you for not liking their thing. They seep into other fandoms just to hate them. In fact, because MLP fans weren't gay enough, they tend to mark them all as pedophiles, down to making up stories about them.

Makes sense.

I was thinking MLP because of the way some people here several years ago were trying to tie MLP fandom to LGBT stuff and make being a “Bronie” into some kind of protected class.

Overall these shows come off as something for people who don’t ask “is the show good?” as their first concern but rather “is there enough diversity and representation?”. Although I’m sure some of them can be both I haven’t really heard of a show pushing themes of acceptance and diversity that wasn’t fully embraced as “good” by these types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom