• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
HkdAc6T.png

Remember when I threatened to kill myself at the start of this week? This is the start of the new Exhausted Walrus storyline for this season.

Well, you know what they say. Bright disposition and sunny optimism wins the day. You catch more flies/male lesbians/deer with honey than you do with vinegar!

My regards/condolences to the lucky couple!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So at the very least they have broken up off and on.

I gotta say that I don’t know many successful marriages that went through stuff like that prior. And that’s before considering he’s only 24 with a huge amount of mental health problems.

Rien

Jelly Belly
My fiance wants to break up with me because she's a lesbian now, so I came out to her trans.

This actually really happened over there. I remember a story like that. the trans got mad at her as well because she only focussed on the genitals.. ofc the whole of era picked his side.

But as usual its probably a made up story for points.

Daffy Duck

Fucking hell fire, those 3D Realms threads....

“HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU LIKE THIS GAME”

“ITS DRIVING MINORITIES AWAY”

Everything is so disgusting to these people.

Here’s a tip, if you don’t like the place then why don’t you just fuck off somewhere else? Nobody is holding you hostage and you won’t miss the “disgusting” forum.

And WTF kind of bollocks is a “capital G gamer?”, stop being a capital T twat.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The person who said this literally has a Duke Nukem avatar LOL

DukeNukum
Today at 2:20 PM
Sky87 said:
Saying someone support bigots just because they state an interest in a game is a drastic reach. It's perfectly fine to be against the views of certain developers on a project, while still being able to enjoy their game, like the admin already said he was in another post. If you don't, then nothing is stopping you from not buying the game or even putting threads like this (or even users) on ignore.
So it’s okay to put money into a shitty person’s bank account as long as the product you are getting doesn’t reflect their views? You are legit funding bigotry.

still Duke Nukem ranting about people being bigots for supporting 3d realms LoL

DukeNukum
56 minutes ago
Sky87 said:
And those people are trash, never said otherwise. But it's too antagonistic to say people support bigots when they state an interest in this game. If they talked favorably about the people in your link then it would be another thing entirely.

Liking the Hexen/Heretic games and saying you're looking forward to this is not the same as saying you like 3DRealms as a company or support anything they do outside of their actual games.
If you are coming into this thread posting “this looks cool” and choosing to ignore that 3D Realms is a fucking trash fire of a company because you “like Hexen”, you are a shitty human being. If you choose to buy the game because you “like Hexen” and want to ignore where your money is going, then you are a shitty human being.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
They're such assholes. You can trace back money to any amount of assholes. Buy an iphone youre an asshole huh duh huh. Shitty human being supporting the meat industry blah blah blah.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They're such assholes. You can trace back money to any amount of assholes. Buy an iphone youre an asshole huh duh huh. Shitty human being supporting the meat industry blah blah blah.
Reminder of who is the CEO of Marvel

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder of who is the CEO of Marvel

When are they going to cancel Marvel?

VN1X

Banned
Really hope 3D Realms & Co continue to ignore the chronically offended and just get on about their day. Sure they'll start to threaten their sponsors but I'd like to think the money men behind the scenes have already pledged their full support towards all the devs involved.

Realms Deep has been a fantastic event btw. Pretty much want to play all of the games they showed!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
When you can’t get hard unless they share your politics

Falore
Today at 5:25 AM
When I was younger I used to find her moderately cute / the most attractive fighter ever but man.... no matter how someone looks I literally am incapale of finding them even slightly attractive if I learn they are genuinely stupid or anti-science.
Fire the woman! Bad thought you go away now!!!
MGPanda
Today at 5:48 AM
Jesus, she seemed like such a nice person on Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian. Well, hopefully she gets yeeted from S3, get out of here with these shitty fucking takes.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Looks like Duke raged so hard against 3D Realms he got himself banned
DukeNukum
Banned
Today at 2:47 PM
User banned (2 weeks): Excessive hostility against other members, continuing thread derail, ignoring moderation warning. Posters can raise concerns without attacking other members.
Sky87 said:
And those people are trash, never said otherwise. But it's too antagonistic to say people support bigots when they state an interest in this game. If they talked favorably about the people in your link then it would be another thing entirely.

Liking the Hexen/Heretic games and saying you're looking forward to this is not the same as saying you like 3DRealms as a company or support anything they do outside of their actual games.
If you are coming into this thread posting “this looks cool” and choosing to ignore that 3D Realms is a fucking trash fire of a company because you “like Hexen”, you are a shitty human being. If you choose to buy the game because you “like Hexen” and want to ignore where your money is going, then you are a shitty human being.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Nazis today have “more public support and opportunity” than they did during the Third Reich LOL on History For Dumbshits

L Thammy
Spacenoid

Today at 3:06 PM
It's sad that arcadey FPSes got their start as an anti-Nazi statement because Nazis are an enemy type that we don't have to feel bad about shooting, and now that they're retro they're promoting the Brutal Doom guy.

The only difference between Nazis and Neo-Nazis is public support and opportunity, and they're gotten much more of both in recent times.
What alternate universe do these raving lunatics hail from?

Last edited:
The whole 3D Realms thing is hilarious given that whenever a company they like does something bad they handwave it with “There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism.”

Ymir

Nazis today have “more public support and opportunity” than they did during the Third Reich LOL on History For Dumbshits

What alternate universe do these raving lunatics hail from?
Yes, there is more support today for Nazis than when they were literally trying to take over the world? Why are all these people illiterate idiots?

YukiOnna

Fucking hell fire, those 3D Realms threads....

“HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU LIKE THIS GAME”

“ITS DRIVING MINORITIES AWAY”

Everything is so disgusting to these people.

Here’s a tip, if you don’t like the place then why don’t you just fuck off somewhere else? Nobody is holding you hostage and you won’t miss the “disgusting” forum.

And WTF kind of bollocks is a “capital G gamer?”, stop being a capital T twat.
Man, every new thread, new game, new anything they manage to find an issue or dig up some "dark past" lol.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
OP posted the same thread here and it also got locked. Dude needs more help than a forum can give them.
My advice to Shantae, and a rule I honestly need to follow myself very much, is to not talking about personal issues or depression or anything of that sort whether it be here or anywhere else on the Internet. I learn the hard way.

Of course, especially ResetEra.

It's funny how naive I was a decade or more ago when I actually believed that liberals were 'kind and tolerant' and conservatives were 'mean and selfish'. Another misconception I learned the hard way.

Btw I noticed Shantae banned here now too. I really don't remember them but wonder what happened there? Or should I even ask? Lol.

teezzy

Banned
My advice to Shantae, and a rule I honestly need to follow myself very much, is to not talking about personal issues or depression or anything of that sort whether it be here or anywhere else on the Internet. I learn the hard way.

Of course, especially ResetEra.

It's funny how naive I was a decade or more ago when I actually believed that liberals were 'kind and tolerant' and conservatives were 'mean and selfish'. Another misconception I learned the hard way.

Btw I noticed Shantae banned here now too. I really don't remember them but wonder what happened there? Or should I even ask? Lol.

The main difference here is that conservatives will acknowledge your concerns, and offer you the tools and teach you how to better yourself, while liberals will try and pinpoint how everything going on in your life is everyone else's fault.

How one decides to move forward with this information is up to them. I'd like to think I fall somewhere squarely in the middle, as much as I loathe being a 'both sides' guy.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The main difference here is that conservatives will acknowledge your concerns, and offer you the tools and teach you how to better yourself, while liberals will try and pinpoint how everything going on in your life is everyone else's fault.

How one decides to move forward with this information is up to them. I'd like to think I fall somewhere squarely in the middle, as much as I loathe being a 'both sides' guy.
Yeah I definitely don't believe that about liberals and conservatives nowadays. I'm more like you or at least in the sense I don't like either particularly that much.

Edit: although they didn't have much of a problem blaming Shanate for having hard times with women right down to calling him a misogynist lmao.

Last edited:

Ionian

I think this place is pretty compassionate if someone is in a bad place and is willing to help, at least from what I have seen.

If someone doesn't want to listen to advice though and simply wants attention it's very quickly spotted, as it should be.

Over there, it's more mana for the weirdos for woke points. Thus feeding into the cycle.

nush

I think this place is pretty compassionate if someone is in a bad place and is willing to help, at least from what I have seen.

Compassion given here isn't based on who you voted for.

Over there it's "Die fucker die, you've got the wrong opinion, enjoy your suffering LOL LOL, does it hurt? does it hurt?" if someone they don't like has misfortune.

But if you've got an account on Ree the exact same people will be

"Stay strong, you are loved, you can get through this. and remember, we care"

It just comes across as so false and performative compassion not for the person that has the issue, but for themselves to show how much they care to make themselves look good.

Ionian

Compassion given here isn't based on who you voted for.

Over there it's "Die fucker die, you've got the wrong opinion, enjoy your suffering LOL LOL, does it hurt? does it hurt?" if someone they don't like has misfortune.

But if you've got an account on Ree the exact same people will be

"Stay strong, you are loved, you can get through this. and remember, we care"

It just comes across as so false and performative compassion not for the person that has the issue, but for themselves to show how much they care to make themselves look good.

Bang on the money with that, they then scuttle away to the next target like clockwork.

A thesis could be written on the hive-mind simply based on that site alone.

Which is also very funny and I hope they keep providing this content for other sites.

Hudo

If someone doesn't want to listen to advice though and simply wants attention it's very quickly spotted, as it should be.

Over there, it's more mana for the weirdos for woke points. Thus feeding into the cycle.
Ultimately, I think that if people are in a bad place, an online forum is the last place people should be. There will always be other people who will join in with one's "I'm in a bad place"-statement. And the last thing a depressed person needs are other depressed people around that person (from my experience). Even just looking out the window into the daylight is immensely more helpful than looking towards the internet for any mental wellbeing purposes. That doesn't mean NeoGAF is a bad place but it's also not immune against shitty people (as every other place) and bad advice (that might be well-intended).
But I have to agree with your observation that over at ERA, having discussions about negative mental states has become a "hobby" of sorts for them. Which, in my opinion, should be a HUGE red flag for someone who really is suffering.

teezzy

Banned
The best cure for depression is exercise, nutrition, and tough love

I had an ex who never quite got over her mother and sister passing a few years prior to us dating. She'd do weird things like start talking about suicide randomly in public, or cry during sex. Her friends would encourage her to hit the bong and listen to sad music to cope. I suggested exercise, and spending more time outside. She dumped me as a result and accused me of 'gaslighting'. Some people just wanna bask in those negative emotions eternally. So be it.

nush

The best cure for depression is exercise, nutrition, and tough love

This is the basis of my "Get a dog" advice being a great motivator to improve your life comes from.

I know it's more complicated than something that would make a good # and you can end up with replies that have a very very specific and multi-reasons why it won't work from some people that swim in the victim-hood pool.

But for people that actually want to get out the hole by themselves, it works.

teezzy

Banned
This is the basis of my "Get a dog" advice being a great motivator to improve your life comes from.

I know it's more complicated than something that would make a good # and you can end up with replies that have a very very specific and multi-reasons why it won't work from some people that swim in the victim-hood pool.

But for people that actually want to get out the hole by themselves, it works.

The truth of the matter is that self improvement is the only way you can overcome depression and nobody can do that for you. Drugs can numb whatever chemical imbalance youmay have, but they'll never be able to better your living situation. Only hard work can do that.

Ionian

The truth of the matter is that self improvement is the only way you can overcome depression and nobody can do that for you. Drugs can numb whatever chemical imbalance youmay have, but they'll never be able to better your living situation. Only hard work can do that.

Nah that's a load of bollocks when you take into account legit depression and not woke depression.

You said "Tough love" in a previous post. Try that with someone who feels lost. They will go further down.

The drugs help stabilize the person to deal with their issues, it isn't rocket science.

Daffy Duck

teezzy

Banned
Nah that's a load of bollocks when you take into account legit depression and not woke depression.

You said "Tough love" in a previous post. Try that with someone who feels lost. They will go further down.

The drugs help stabilize the person to deal with their issues, it isn't rocket science.

As someone who was diagnosed with depression at an early age, I'm going to politely agree to disagree with you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom