• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John2290

Life moves pretty fast, it's still so strange to me that GAF is sane now. I don't know what happened with leadership or if simply the loon bags all went to ERA in one big jump but damn I do love it.

NeilH1982

Banned
Leaving this one here.

nush

Holy shit you weren't kidding:

beTcckf.png

This right here is someone who's actually developed a psychological persecution complex. Who knew spending all your free time in an online mental institution would be bad for your health?

She genuinely needs to step away from that place and seek therapy.

Holy shit you weren't kidding:

beTcckf.png

She needs professional help. One of the many reasons why I stepped away from Era is totally unhinged toxic users like her. If someone said the same shit to her by saying “I don’t care about you or your family” she’ll immediately resort to her persecution complex of anti-black rhetoric. A professional victim.

Excelciorlef is also another insufferable poster. Fortunately, she could be blocked.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Leaving this one here.

I was standing afront the glowing red flames, the dancing embers painting my bearded face in contrasting, flickering light and the deepest of shadows. I tower over my weak, feeble friends, so I knew the female was smitten with my visage; a mountain of masculinity among the rolling plains of lesser children, masquerading as men.

I heard her vain attempts to mount and breed me, likening me to the stallion I am, but I declined. I knew in mine purest, most chiseled of hearts that I needed to save my pittance of coin for the next generation of consoles, so I could choose to decline those titles as I've declined these titties.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I like Morrigan. She's always been super chill with me tbh.

However she's treated you in the past, I can't imagine she'd be cool with you if she knew you were posting here. And if she is, then her public persona is clearly a front.

teezzy

Banned
However she's treated you in the past, I can't imagine she'd be cool with you if she knew you were posting here. And if she is, then her public persona is clearly a front.

Possibly? It's not like Morrigan and I are bff or anything lol.
I'm fairly consistent in my views between both GAF and the Era discords I frequent: capitalism is cool, abortions are tight, all cops are not bastards, tax funded healthcare would be awesome, people who get high all day are cement-heads, etc.

Whenever her and I have talked one on one it's always been about like Legacy of Kain, metal bands, or old Sega games. Never had much of a reason to bring up GAF or any political disagreements we might have.
We're friends on Steam. Not sure if she reads this site, but I have the same avatar here currently as I did there for a while (and might change back).
We've disagreed too, like when I got banned for 3 months on Era for making fun of that Little Devil game being supposedly racist or whatever. We agreed to disagree. It was whatever.

I talk more with ColdSun tbh. He's a chill dude too.

Truthfully, I wish there wasn't such a divide between the communities. I love dunking on Era as much as anyone here, but the three Discords I'm in are just as fun as GAF is for me. It's the Era forum that's obnoxious.

I'm fairly consistent in my views between both GAF and the Era discords I frequent: capitalism is cool, abortions are tight, all cops are not bastards, tax funded healthcare would be awesome, people who get high all day are cement-heads, etc.

Whenever her and I have talked one on one it's always been about like Legacy of Kain, metal bands, or old Sega games. Never had much of a reason to bring up GAF or any political disagreements we might have.
We're friends on Steam. Not sure if she reads this site, but I have the same avatar here currently as I did there for a while (and might change back).
We've disagreed too, like when I got banned for 3 months on Era for making fun of that Little Devil game being supposedly racist or whatever. We agreed to disagree. It was whatever.

I talk more with ColdSun tbh. He's a chill dude too.

Truthfully, I wish there wasn't such a divide between the communities. I love dunking on Era as much as anyone here, but the three Discords I'm in are just as fun as GAF is for me. It's the Era forum that's obnoxious.

That's fair, I'm in a lot of Era discords as well and people are cool for the most part. Even staff isn't as crazy, though there are certainly some that are just crazy everywhere they go like Hecht who thinks Gaf is basically the sequel to Stormfront.

If you talk to both Morrigan and Coldsun, I assume you're in the PC Era discord? I'm in there too (under a different name of course). I can get Morrigan being less authoritarian there and I've had friendly conversations with her, but Coldsun seems only marginally better than he is on the forums, or at least what I've seen of him. If you've mentioned you still post on Gaf to him and he didn't get mad, I'd be pretty surprised (assuming I haven't missed the conversation entirely). He only strikes me as chill until something like bs forum wars get involved or anything related to Era's crazy rules.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The sports related Era discord I was in was constantly on the SJW “fuck Trump” bandwagon. A number of them left Era because they weren’t harsh enough in moderation. So it can be a bit of a mixed bag.

teezzy

Banned
That's fair, I'm in a lot of Era discords as well and people are cool for the most part. Even staff isn't as crazy, though there are certainly some that are just crazy everywhere they go like Hecht who thinks Gaf is basically the sequel to Stormfront.

If you talk to both Morrigan and Coldsun, I assume you're in the PC Era discord? I'm in there too (under a different name of course). I can get Morrigan being less authoritarian there and I've had friendly conversations with her, but Coldsun seems only marginally better than he is on the forums, or at least what I've seen of him. If you've mentioned you still post on Gaf to him and he didn't get mad, I'd be pretty surprised (assuming I haven't missed the conversation entirely). He only strikes me as chill until something like bs forum wars get involved or anything related to Era's crazy rules.

Yeah, I'm a regular on PC and NHL Era. They're chill as hell. My Era handle is 'deftones r cool'

I post as TeezzyD here as an homage to my old GAF name. Could not remember my old login info for the life of me upon signing back up. Tied to an old school email too. Oh well.

ColdSun and I once talked all night in Discord DMs about like data servers and shit - it was fascinating. He's a chill dude. I'm very fond of him.

zapiks44

Morrigan is contender for the worst on era and that is not an easy achievement. Obviously mad at her pathetic life and takes it out on the message board where she can power trip like the irrelevant bitch she is in reality.

She's living proof of the phrase "absolute power corrupts absolutely." I've read some of her old posts here on Gaf and, while she could come across as a bit smug at times, she was still much more respectful and polite than she's become at Era.

Yeah, I'm a regular on PC and NHL Era. They're chill as hell. My Era handle is 'deftones r cool'

I post as TeezzyD here as an homage to my old GAF name. Could not remember my old login info for the life of me upon signing back up. Tied to an old school email too. Oh well.

ColdSun and I once talked all night in Discord DMs about like data servers and shit - it was fascinating. He's a chill dude. I'm very fond of him.

Oh, you're deftones r cool? Interesting.

Well, I have no intention of driving a wedge between you and Coldsun. I just expect there to come a time when the guilt by association gets so strong that it'll breed enough resentment for any gaf association to be purged not only from the Era forums, but the affiliated discords (that haven't almost completely cut ties with the site like the manga server) as well. Like say if Trump gets re-elected. Because you can bet the most vocal users on the site won't tolerate gaf members there, and it's up to staff like Coldsun if they want to step down or go along with that type of thinking. You as well may have to choose between gaf and era as well at that point, assuming you've already told people in there you still post here. Unless of course you want to hide your identity, in which case you should probably edit out your discord/era handle from that post and I'll do the same.

Reminder that when the site started, cross-forum drama was strictly forbidden and the staff were clear that they held no ire for people that chose to post here or on other sites such as thebore. We now have at least 2 admins openly talking about Gaf being a white supremacist hellhole while the url for the site is banned. That rift is going to get even wider as time goes on, assuming Era doesn't collapse entirely.

nush

Is she the only woman that will talk to you on the internet or something? Why don't you take that "Friendship"and give her some home truths not to be such a power tripping cunt on Ree? Oh and that metal forum fucking hates her too.

Anyway, you're not actually taking about her are you? You're virtue signalling how open minded, loyal and forgiving you are.

Are you really that fucking desperate for validation?

teezzy

Banned
Is she the only woman that will talk to you on the internet or something? Why don't you take that "Friendship"and give her some home truths not to be such a power tripping cunt on Ree? Oh and that metal forum fucking hates her too.

Anyway, you're not actually taking about her are you? You're virtue signalling how open minded, loyal and forgiving you are.

Are you really that fucking desperate for validation?

Huh?

nush, i genuinely don't know what you're so upset about. just responded to the dude who quoted me.

teezzy

Banned
Oh, you're deftones r cool? Interesting.

Well, I have no intention of driving a wedge between you and Coldsun. I just expect there to come a time when the guilt by association gets so strong that it'll breed enough resentment for any gaf association to be purged not only from the Era forums, but the affiliated discords (that haven't almost completely cut ties with the site like the manga server) as well. Like say if Trump gets re-elected. Because you can bet the most vocal users on the site won't tolerate gaf members there, and it's up to staff like Coldsun if they want to step down or go along with that type of thinking. You as well may have to choose between gaf and era as well at that point, assuming you've already told people in there you still post here. Unless of course you want to hide your identity, in which case you should probably edit out your discord/era handle from that post and I'll do the same.

Reminder that when the site started, cross-forum drama was strictly forbidden and the staff were clear that they held no ire for people that chose to post here or on other sites such as thebore. We now have at least 2 admins openly talking about Gaf being a white supremacist hellhole while the url for the site is banned. That rift is going to get even wider as time goes on, assuming Era doesn't collapse entirely.

As a forum, I definitely prefer GAF. I've been part of those two Discords forever now though. I have no interest in hiding anything lol.

nush

Huh?

nush, i genuinely don't know what you're so upset about. just responded to the dude who quoted me.

Obviously, don't play the naive card.

How much more simply do I have to make my point? I'm not upset I'm showing you the mirror.

Simple: "She's nice to me, so you are all wrong. Leave Britney Morrigan alone."

nush

dude, you can think whatever you want about her, that's fine. i'm sharing my personal experience.

See you refuse to acknowledge or actully engage.

You first dismissed my points as "I don't know why your upset" making it a "Me" issue. Shit, I'd have had more respect for you if you'd have just posted Umadbro.JPG because at least that's honest.

Now "Think what you want".

It's quite possible to acknowledge that someone is an asshole but they are OK to me. You afraid she'll read your posts or something?

When I see them complain about someone on Twitter I tend to go look that person up and follow them.
I was just going to say the same thing.
Haha that Ron Paul thread went off the rails so hard it actually makes the rest of the forum seem normal.

I like how the admin over there talks about how much sacrifice they've made for the forum, then tells a member to fuck off. All this over some crusty old white guy nobody gives a shit about.

I just want to reply to her and tell her not to get short with me.

Last edited:
See you refuse to acknowledge or actully engage.

You first dismissed my points as "I don't know why your upset" making it a "Me" issue. Shit, I'd have had more respect for you if you'd have just posted Umadbro.JPG because at least that's honest.

Now "Think what you want".

It's quite possible to acknowledge that someone is an asshole but they are OK to me. You afraid she'll read your posts or something?

Relax dude. Era does the guilt by association shit, we don't. I don't like Morrigan and I REALLY don't like Coldsun, but people are allowed to feel differently.

I can have friendly conversations with people I think are crazy cancel culture vultures too. This stuff doesn't need to be taken too seriously, it's just forums. At the end of the day, these are vapid online relationships. It's like how this thread is just a place to point and laugh at another place, not a place to get genuinely mad at (unless they take some actual actions that are worthy of such a reaction).

#Phonepunk#

Banned
From a thread about a Brie Larson giving advice to take cold showers to calm down (like a normal person)

Dog-FacedPonySoldier
Yesterday at 8:24 AM
efyu_lemonardo said:
I know she's trying not to come off as privileged or slightly condescending, but it doesn't really work.
Woman is 30, lives in a gigantic, beautiful, stylish house. Looks like she has practically everything she could need. What is she exactly stressed about?
Money would relieve a lot of my stress, too. But that's only because if I were wealthy I wouldn't care about the world. I'd be a sociopath.

nush

Is a white supremicist different to a Nazi somehow? The terminology has changed. Does Ron Paul shave his head, put on some dungarees and kick the shit out of some brown people of a Friday night?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It’s fine if anyone likes or sympathizes with an Era member imo. If we gonna trash them at least we can tolerate some love for the crazy sobs. They wouldn’t.

Yeah there are varying degrees of awfulness with the staff there like in anything else in life. I still believe that there are good people posting on Era who are held captive by familiarity and habit in spite of their terrible moderation.

But we do know that a majority of + B-Dubs are total fuckwits since many decisions are reached via a vote or whatever. I also find it difficult to believe that any of their moderation has a problem with banning people for defending Ron Paul, being excited about the wrong video game, and all the other absurd bullshit we’ve seen posted here time and time again.

Emotion triumphs reason and good discourse and that alone makes Era insufferable.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I like Morrigan. She's always been super chill with me tbh.
Thats fine, the fact you had to defend your position is wrong. In real life, everyone has a friend that constantly come off as arseholes to others. Now if it was Nepenthe I'd be seeking an intervention for you.

teezzy

Banned
This got me thinking about McGangbangs

When we were (literal) punk-ass teenagers, we'd roll up to McDonald's and order McDoubles, except we'd ask for Mac sauce on 'em.
We'd go "can we get extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra Mac sauce on that please? And can you you make those extra sloppy as well?"

Sure enough we'd get the sloppiest McDoubles ever, just absolutely caked with Mac sauce. It was excessive and wasn't the best, but always awesome for a laugh and it wasn't bad with Coca-Cola. Sure enough the receipt/ticket/whatever always indicated every last time we said extra in regards to the Mac sauce addition.

Last edited:
Yeah there are varying degrees of awfulness with the staff there like in anything else in life. I still believe that there are good people posting on Era who are held captive by familiarity and habit in spite of their terrible moderation.

But we do know that a majority of + B-Dubs are total fuckwits since many decisions are reached via a vote or whatever. I also find it difficult to believe that any of their moderation has a problem with banning people for defending Ron Paul, being excited about the wrong video game, and all the other absurd bullshit we’ve seen posted here time and time again.

Emotion triumphs reason and good discourse and that alone makes Era insufferable.

Something to keep in mind with Era staff is there's enough for at least a few to hate each other.

People think you need to be some crazy progressive to be a mod there when that isn't true at all. Certainly that type is well-represented among their "co-workers", but there's also people that generally don't give a shit beyond the absolute basic level of not being hateful (which is how it should be honestly). For some, it's just a feeling of seniority in the community and caring about the less vocal portions of it, which people tend to forget is the majority who just want a populated place to talk about games.

I know of at least one mod that absolutely LOATHES Nepenthe for example and wishes she would just step down already. Other mods are a bit wishy washy on some staff members (mainly directed at the admins), but they probably aren't going to go all in on them in public discords, so it makes sense that the only mod I speak to one on one would have some more venomous things to say. He's alluded to other staff members feeling the same way he does, but hasn't outright named them.

Era is stockholm syndrome in forum form. It's no different from a lot of places that went in the opposite direction and became hateful cesspits, but people are too embedded in their constantly changing communities to give them up, so they keep their mouths shut and fake their support as a means to gain acceptance, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in that it brings more people into the cult. For some, those feelings will come true, while for others it's not different than not wanting to give up a toxic relationship, so they delude themselves into thinking it's what's best for them.

It's why I hope the place collapses sooner rather than later. It's legitimately a strain on a lot of people's mental health and it'll only get worse as the world becomes more polarized.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
still so triggered over this joke. this is their "very fine people" reasoning for calling CDPR nazis.

agRfHoi.jpg

2qb9yps.jpg

the whole reason they are complaining about CDPR is because they dared to sell rainbow shirts in support of an anti-homophobia group.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Something to keep in mind with Era staff is there's enough for at least a few to hate each other.

People think you need to be some crazy progressive to be a mod there when that isn't true at all. Certainly that type is well-represented among their "co-workers", but there's also people that generally don't give a shit beyond the absolute basic level of not being hateful (which is how it should be honestly). For some, it's just a feeling of seniority in the community and caring about the less vocal portions of it, which people tend to forget is the majority who just want a populated place to talk about games.

I know of at least one mod that absolutely LOATHES Nepenthe for example and wishes she would just step down already. Other mods are a bit wishy washy on some staff members (mainly directed at the admins), but they probably aren't going to go all in on them in public discords, so it makes sense that the only mod I speak to one on one would have some more venomous things to say. He's alluded to other staff members feeling the same way he does, but hasn't outright named them.

Era is stockholm syndrome in forum form. It's no different from a lot of places that went in the opposite direction and became hateful cesspits, but people are too embedded in their constantly changing communities to give them up, so they keep their mouths shut and fake their support as a means to gain acceptance, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in that it brings more people into the cult. For some, those feelings will come true, while for others it's not different than not wanting to give up a toxic relationship, so they delude themselves into thinking it's what's best for them.

It's why I hope the place collapses sooner rather than later. It's legitimately a strain on a lot of people's mental health and it'll only get worse as the world becomes more polarized.
How could someone hate loveable Nepenthe? I will not stand for this. She has never preached anything other than love and respect for all...
Fuck that midget.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
there was a woman in the group of men. he assumes she was right wing idiot. which i guess is an identity that dehumanizes, no need to take her seriously. she's a mongoloid. she doesn't exist.

she's not even worthy of being a recognized as woman, due to her sin of being conservative. this dude keep harping on the group, which includes her, as "men".

it's just a good solid block of whiny hypocritical bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom