• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still surprised RE hasn't eaten itself by now, it's like a snake eating its own tail in more ways than one.

Ed: should have said ouroboros/uroboros, my bad

Last edited:

Ionian

He was in tears the Era stimulus threads crying about needing it to “pay rent” but now...

I don't get the sympathy for this guy. I also don't get the aggression towards him either.

He just seems like 'Chuck' from the 'Goonies'.

Flaunting that while people are out of work and struggling to pay bills is nasty.

Dudes job is stock-taking bars by his own admission. Or is he telling porkies?

Dunn Dunn DUNNN

k7SqFUU.png

8eedNAa.png

S1DTnNt.png

o6REVs6.png

LxlWoal.png

Just good times over there

uuxxgGr.png

Last edited:

600Breezy

I don't get the sympathy for this guy. I also don't get the aggression towards him either.

He just seems like 'Chuck' from the 'Goonies'.

Flaunting that while people are out of work and struggling to pay bills is nasty.

Dudes job is stock-taking bars by his own admission. Or is he telling porkies?

Dunn Dunn DUNNN

It’s just funny that 4 weeks ago he was reeeeeeing about not getting another $1200 stimulus check to “pay rent” but is now dropping cash on a brand new graphics card and 2 consoles without a second thought.

the obvious answer Is because he lives with his dad, he doesn’t pay a single cent in rent and all his income is disposable, but keeps up this woe is me act to fit in with the other mongs on era.

nush

It’s just funny that 4 weeks ago he was reeeeeeing about not getting another $1200 stimulus check to “pay rent” but is now dropping cash on a brand new graphics card and 2 consoles without a second thought.

the obvious answer Is because he lives with his dad, he doesn’t pay a single cent in rent and all his income is disposable, but keeps up this woe is me act to fit in with the other mongs on era.

His parents by all accounts have done very well for themselves, his "Rent" is only $250 a month to them. He does not apply himself that's what at almost 30 he can survive being just a deli clerk at Super savers and auditing drinks stocks for bars. There's absolutely no pressure to do better and self improve, the olds have got him covered.

So he can conversely act poor as he's not got a high paying job and billy big bucks to pay for things with his own money. It's the manchild generation.

MrFunSocks

Banned
That trump thread...my god lol
It moved faster than the e3 thread
Was it as fast moving as the Steve in smash brothers thread though? Haha. The way that thread incited such hateful and embarrassing “discussion” so quickly was astonishing. It was at like 60 pages within hours......for a character from the highest selling game of all time being added to a video game. Steve just isn’t minority enough lol. That seems to be the only thing reeeeee wants in video games - minorities, minorities everywhere. And by minorities I mean trans only. Not Asian, not Indian, not Mexican, not African, only trans.

I don't know their problem with Minecraft Steve, other than Steve is a character that appeared after 2005.

Seeing the Sakurai Presents video, Dude looks pretty cool and is definitely the most interesting character so far.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
They're all fucking larpers with social anxiety who couldn't string a sentence of disagreement together with anyone in person and would just stare at their shoes until the other person left and then go lie on ree about how they told them off.
One of my fav threads was the one where a poster said they confronted a group of kids stealing from their slushie machine or something and told them to get out and never come back and was so tough and proud of themselves........then called the police to help him leave because he was worried the kids were hanging around outside to fight him haha.

nush

One of my fav threads was the one where a poster said they confronted a group of kids stealing from their slushie machine or something and told them to get out and never come back and was so tough and proud of themselves........then called the police to help him leave because he was worried the kids were hanging around outside to fight him haha.

Then he hid the fact that he'd watched the security video and seen the kid he accused didn't do what he'd accused him of, just to keep up the Reetard vs rich white MAGA hat kid and winning narrative.

Why is it that atheists, when shitting on religion, never talk about other faiths other than Christianity? Almost like Atheists are fucking cowards and only attack the easy target so they aren't branded as antisemitic or whatever.

Because Muslims have successfully muddied the waters between race and religion and now people are afraid of criticising Islam and get accused of racism/islamophobia.

As someone who's gay, I'll never understand LGBT jumping at every chance to defend Islam, it's like they know nothing about it.

Komatsu

I feel like Etc should just drop the pretense and fuck off to a non-gaming board. And don't allow white people to register. You must send in a picture and shit.

I have no issue with RE's politics - I am left-of-center myself, though not a fan of cancel culture, regardless of where it comes from in the political spectrum - but going through that board it makes one wonder what a lot of these people are doing in a gaming forum. They seem to genuinely dislike our hobby, the industry, and the culture that comes with it.

How can you take any sort of moral high ground at all when you have the shit seen in the Trump Covid-19 thread? I wouldnt want any politicians from any of the parties i despice even the most to suffer illness and death. But maybe i am a 'coward' and a 'centrist' not wanting the opposing side, so to say, if i don't want them to die...?

Both Bernie and Biden would probably be banned on ERA since they both wishes him well and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Forsythia

They actually want the guy to suffer and die horribly. Can someone tell me what exactly he did that is so wrong? Concrete evidence? All I read is fearmongering like he is going to round up all minorities and put 'em in camps. 🤣 I don't like the guy and wouldn't have voted for him if I was a US citizen, but I'm not going to wish a horrible death for him.

nush

They actually want the guy to suffer and die horribly. Can someone tell me what exactly he did that is so wrong? Concrete evidence? All I read is fearmongering like he is going to round up all minorities and put 'em in camps. 🤣 I don't like the guy and wouldn't have voted for him if I was a US citizen, but I'm not going to wish a horrible death for him.

Well, right now the narative is that he's personally responsible for every Covid death in the US. He killed them, all. Not a virus from China because you can't blame China because that would be racist.

My gosh. Trump is some next level troll. I don't think I have ever witnessed anyone who so effortlessly riles everyone up except his British doppelganger, Boris Johnson.

After 3 years of trash talking the left he catches a deadly virus which gives hope to his opponents but now he will supposedly pull through further irritating them. His big fat smiling face on his video thanking everyone for their support was top tier bait.

What if in a few days Biden comes down with it and passes away? My goodness. Hopefully that doesn't happen but no one ever thought he would be president either. This guy defies logic.

Dr. Claus

Banned
I have no issue with RE's politics - I am left-of-center myself, though not a fan of cancel culture, regardless of where it comes from in the political spectrum - but going through that board it makes one wonder what a lot of these people are doing in a gaming forum. They seem to genuinely dislike our hobby, the industry, and the culture that comes with it.

They aren’t left of center. They are marxists on the far, far left.

Same here friend. They're downright antagonistic to everything associated with video games. Which is fine, you can do that, but NOT at a gaming board. It feels like they're trying to divide and conquer what they consider to be a "toxic" culture. Which doesn't work because people see right through the bamboozle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom