• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
BYDpFYs.png

N90m5sw.png

XO3oIRP.png

"Things seems pretty good" / "Everyone was talking mad shit about the job"

I got laid off in 5 months.

1Ml4.gif
That doesn't explain why s/he eats 4lbs of almond butter (in one sitting) at all.

Ionian

That doesn't explain why s/he eats 4lbs of almond butter (in one sitting) at all.

Depends on the coffee intake I think.

2hKghQk.jpg

EDIT: Thread for the responses.

Last edited:

nush

Nah it seems plausible. A lot of small business owners aren't that great and tend to have huge egos. Hence why so many of new companies fail within the first few years.

Resetera is the home of unreliable narrators of their lives. Everything has to be framed where they are the hero or the victim of any story for the backpats.

Dude already makes himself look like a dipshit at the start saying she decided to have a baby in a covid year, a pregnancy lasts 10 months and as he's speaking past tense she would have been pregnant in December. So she's obviously stupid for not checking the following year a pandemic would break out. Just for example.

Sure she does sound like a boss that likes being a boss rather than being the boss. Guy should have bailed as soon as her saw what that place was like or a least learned how to manage his manager.

At least he was smart enough to keep that back up job.

Here's an example from the same topic

fu4HNME.png

You're a cleaner which is on the bottom rung of any company structure and you think it's unfair for being discplined for not doing the actual job correctly youve been hired for. But he's the victim here.

Last edited:

Gold Member
I fucking love this thread, it’s kept me amused for ages reading through it!

I myself realised that Reee was a mad house around the time of the Hogwarts game was announced. I pretty much only check out gaming news (and very rarely posted) so I think I was shielded from a lot of crazy shit, albeit I did notice some fucked up bans for people. There really is no discussion over there really, just a bunch of circle jerkers all posting the same shit in fear of being banned for *shock* having a differing opinion!

Its like a site full of special snowflakes all trying to outdo each other. The outrage about everything is amazing - like genuinely it takes real effort to get offended / triggered / find fault to that degree.

I feel like they should just go out a bit more and experience life a bit & stop bitching about every small thing. Tell my kids the same thing but they can’t ban me for my shitty opinions lol.

Dav-Kripler

I fucking love this thread, it’s kept me amused for ages reading through it!

I myself realised that Reee was a mad house around the time of the Hogwarts game was announced. I pretty much only check out gaming news (and very rarely posted) so I think I was shielded from a lot of crazy shit, albeit I did notice some fucked up bans for people. There really is no discussion over there really, just a bunch of circle jerkers all posting the same shit in fear of being banned for *shock* having a differing opinion!

Its like a site full of special snowflakes all trying to outdo each other. The outrage about everything is amazing - like genuinely it takes real effort to get offended / triggered / find fault to that degree.

I feel like they should just go out a bit more and experience life a bit & stop bitching about every small thing. Tell my kids the same thing but they can’t ban me for my shitty opinions lol.
I felt safe here then everyone started typing in caps 😢

Gold Member
PeyY1W1.png

2700 posts later they start to realize they got blue-balled over Trump dying. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That whole thread was weird and a bit gross. I’m not American so don’t really care either way but wishing someone dead because you don’t align with their politics? Strange AF.

I would love it if Trump came out as trans. Can you imagine the meltdowns and mental gymnastics they would have to go through :messenger_grinning_smiling:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Why's Kevin Sorbo supposed to be a "piece of shit" now? He's just some dude who played a 90's TV character. Is it because he's religious? You know what fuck it, I don't care, gave up caring why Reee thinks certain individuals are bad people.

Despite my better judgement I decided to go back and browse some gaing threads last night, and man they are so vicious to each other. It's supposed to be a gaming forum but all they do is argue with anyone who has an opinion about a game that isn't all roses and cherry blossoms. I'll just stick to lurking here and maybe IGN instead for my gaming discussions.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Because he's a Christian conservative, yes.

These sorts of films tend to be terrible, but they serve a niche, and nothing against Kevin.

If you look back to our old threads when the movie came out in 2014 (trailer in 2013), there was a lot of cracking jokes and shit-talking about the film but little in the way of outright hatred, or vitriol directed at Kevin Sorbo directly. Lionel Mandrake wrote up his impressions in comedic format, for example:

If you think GAF back then was the same as Reset...nope.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

These sorts of films tend to be terrible, but they serve a niche, and nothing against Kevin.

If you look back to our old threads when the movie came out in 2014 (trailer in 2013), there was a lot of cracking jokes and shit-talking about the film but little in the way of outright hatred, or vitriol directed at Kevin Sorbo directly. Lionel Mandrake wrote up his impressions in comedic format, for example:

Ah, thanks man. I know I was around circa 2013 / 2014 as a lurker but I don't remember those threads.

Ionian

Lionel Mandrake's write ups were legendary. Whoever that user was, I don't think he ever brought the same hilariousness to ERA.

Always knew a thread was going to be pure gold when you saw the username.

Last edited:

Ionian

ERA reminds me of playing Syndicate on my PC as a teen.

One mission you had to assassinate a mayor (I think?) during some parade with his motorcade going through the street.

I used the persuadeatron to brainwash every person lining the roads in support, gatherng them all together and simply self-detonated once his car was passing.

Never laughed so much in my life at all the persuaded npcs running around screaming and on fire after the explosion.

Brilliant game and sums ERA up so perfectly.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

Because its a JOKE ????

God these people are dense. So dense that they need to eat candy bars to stay alive because they are sedentary fatties in the basement who never see the sun.

Trump gets COVID...…. 100 plus pages of covid jokes about him dying.
Fatty hears a diabetes joke..... Era we need to have a serious discussion about my being triggered.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Finally got permabanned at reset and in all honesty I feel a giant sigh of relief. They will call me a piece of shit for disagreeing with being able to separate the art from the artist.

It's super sad. They allowed a thread to be created, about what David Jaffe thought on the PS5/Xbox series x. I don't follow social media drama like twitter and all that and I guess he had some shitty things to say on some topics or some shit about rape etc... I don't know. But if he's banned then why the fuck allow the thread to be created? Just to have everyone jump and drive by saying he's a piece of shit?

Like i thought they dont allow drive by's? yet those people are not banned.

You can't be both.

I wanted to talk about jaffe's work on games, and the topic, others didn't and I got permabanned. Seriously if someone like me gets banned where I've never had any ill wil towards anyone, then that place is a time bomb.

But anyway the thread was about a video he put up talking about both consoles, the literally first couple people who replied were just" fuck that guy". I was like can we talk about the topic? They said no he's a piece of shit. I said yea he probably is, but his insight on the industry isn't any less? He made 2 super identifiable IP's and knows a shit ton of people in the industry. So his view on said industry he was part in to me has some merit.

People brought up JK, I said I dont know the whole story with her views, but I do know she wrote harry potter and that they were read by millions. ANd were influential in fantasy genre. I said you could be a shitty person and still have made something of relevancy.

Someone then brought bill cosby into it, and I said the guy's is rapists piece of shit, but it doesn't undo the things he helped for African Americans and comedians in the 60-70's.

Like in my mind, if you think that someone like thomas eddison couldn't be a shit-monster, and still be a genius you obviously live in a perfect fantasy world.

Last edited:

Gold Member

Because its a JOKE ????

God these people are dense. So dense that they need to eat candy bars to stay alive because they are sedentary fatties in the basement who never see the sun.

Fatty hears a diabetes joke..... Era we need to have a serious discussion about my being triggered.
That about sums it up nicely, it’s fine for hate speech against the things we hate, but if you don’t hate it then we hate you. Single minded stifled conversation and a circle jerk are all you get with that moderation attitude.

I think there are a lot of people posting there (judging by this thread) that have never grown up or developed social skills, basement dwellers as you said. Some daylight and exercise would probably be beneficial :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Papacheecks, there is nearly 600 pages of what you posted lol, happens a lot mate. Welcome back, don’t look back, enjoy this thread...it’s gold!

Last edited:
Finally got permabanned at reset and in all honesty I feel a giant sigh of relief. They will call me a piece of shit for disagreeing with being able to separate the art from the artist.

It's super sad. They allowed a thread to be created, about what David Jaffe thought on the PS5/Xbox series x. I don't follow social media drama like twitter and all that and I guess he had some shitty things to say on some topics or some shit about rape etc... I don't know. But if he's banned then why the fuck allow the thread to be created? Just to have everyone jump and drive by saying he's a piece of shit?

You can't be both.

I wanted to talk about jaffe's work on games, and the topic, others didn't and I got permabanned. Seriously if someone like me gets banned where I've never had any ill wil towards anyone, then that place is a time bomb.

But anyway the thread was about a video he put up talking about both consoles, the literally first couple people who replied were just" fuck that guy". I was like can we talk about the topic? They said no he's a piece of shit. I said yea he probably is, but his insight on the industry isn't any less? He made 2 super identifiable IP's and knows a shit ton of people in the industry. So his view on said industry he was part in to me has some merit.

People brought up JK, I said I dont know the whole story with her views, but I do know she wrote harry potter and that they were read by millions. ANd were influential in fantasy genre. I said you could be a shitty person and still have made something of relevancy.

Someone then brought bill cosby into it, and I said the guy's is rapists piece of shit, but it doesn't undo the things he helped for African Americans and comedians in the 60-70's.

Like in my mind, if you think that someone like thomas eddison couldn't be a shit-monster, and still be a genius you obviously live in a perfect fantasy world.

The absurdity is that there are threads for speculation about the game. The thread about the announcement trailer. There will be an OT. People will discuss their opinions about this game when they play it.

But apparently, pointing out beforehand that you will play it is reason enough to permaban folks, despite the fact that a lot of people on the forum will play it. If I told 'em I played Ion Fury for a review, they would have probably permabanned me sooner.

TrainedRage

Banned

You can't be both.

Welcome+to+the+Party+Pal.gif

SCB3

Because its a JOKE ????

Godammit I thought it was gonna be a great South Park reference there if the OP was called Scott Malconson or something

nush

You can't be both.

Now we've got Majima Everywhere!

nush

But if he's banned then why the fuck allow the thread to be created?

Ree history lesson.

That's called a honeypot topic and it exists to weed out all the "Wrong thinkers" so unless you agree person X is a bad person you'll get banned for whatever nonsensical reason they can think of.

Since E3 last year the craziest people there having realized they could not find enough people to report and get banned in off topic they moved up to Gaming creating topics and drama like this to catch people out so they can get thier little power trip.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Lionel Mandrake's write ups were legendary. Whoever that user was, I don't think he ever brought the same hilariousness to ERA.

Always knew a thread was going to be pure gold when you saw the username.

No doubt. Shame he left with the other ex-mods during the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom