• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

OnnlvY8.png

Dude needs to get off the internet for a while ASAP Every other day he posts the most depressing threads that honestly make me feel exhausted. Would say he's living up to his username but man the last thing I want is for someone to hurt themselves because they kept getting influenced by a mob.
LOL, the most exciting times in gaming in years? Figures ExhaustedWalrus is still seeking attention after him not loving the stranger he's marrying didn't get him much sympathy.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Man id love if some reset members and neogaf members were able to have a middle ground website no bullshit from either sides to just debate. No name calling, no sense of pride because we belong to team a or b, or will get banned for saying such and such boy thatd be a joy to read. Wonder if we could make it happen. Again it would have to be a neutral ground website or discord, not flooded with both parties but just sprinkle a few. Id love to read the discussions that could be had.

Man id love if some reset members and neogaf members were able to have a middle ground website no bullshit from either sides to just debate. No name calling, no sense of pride because we belong to team a or b, or will get banned for saying such and such boy thatd be a joy to read. Wonder if we could make it happen. Again it would have to be a neutral ground website or discord, not flooded with both parties but just sprinkle a few. Id love to read the discussions that could be had.
That would be great! Imagine their soft, snowflake "safe spaces" being torn asunder by each and every retort that assaults them with reason and accountability.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Neogaf is already the kind of site you described, as you can see from the many era posters that come back here and stick to this place every week.

You can't get more of a middle ground than this, because the extreme resetera posters are the ones that despise the idea of a middle ground and deliberately try to get away from it by demanding their forum to become an echo chamber/ safe space that bans diversity of thought.

Likewise, we're not making fun of era posters here just because they are from a competing forum. We are making fun of a loud, extremist minority that controls that forum, so this thread can be, and usually is, enjoyed even by normal resetera lurkers.

Last edited:

Dav-Kripler

I think what bothers me most about Era is how the bring up philosophically complex questions and only give rudimentary one-dimensional echoing answers. "Should we be bothered that slave labor went into the products we buy" should have far better and more intriguing answers than it does there.
You pretty much summed up the tragedy that is "the ballad of era"

I joined because they were asking thought provoking questions. They seemed to invite discourse.. and it felt like many users were open to that.

The rest is pretty well documented in this thread and pretty much all over the internet.

And while it's cathartic and funny to poke at them... Too many users of era have a bad case of Stockholm and don't realize how much this hurts them.

Exhausted Walrus aside, it's the quietly depressed ones I worry about. This kind of environment is not healthy if you suffer from depression. (Apologies for the tmi) I've worked with registered therapists all over my country for my day job and they always talk about how much social media can escalate these feelings, I don't think any other forum does as much damage in spite of it's mission statement.

I just hope this thread helps them to realize they are ok and not to let their treatment on era define how they should perceive themselves or their thoughts.

I also hope it makes toxic mods group and mature through self-reflection but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

TaySan TaySan , so not only did you call for the Trump towers to be burnt down, not only wee you publicly supportive of ResetEra's authoritarian moderation, you are now joining your voice to the slandering, the perpetual smear campaign against CDPR by people who don't have the foggiest idea what transphobia is.

What a track record.

Educate the thread. In what way have CDPR ever been transphobic?

Your cowardly silence will speak volumes.

I'll keep asking elsewhere.

Last edited:

Typhares

Well according to 'Salon' any online spaces that are not moderated (or not much) always skew right wing in the end (far right they would say). So without tightly controlled speech and rules the left side will just bail.

Well according to 'Salon' any online spaces that are not moderated (or not much) always skew right wing in the end (far right they would say). So without tightly controlled speech and rules the left side will just bail.

In my experience, this is true. If left to their own devices and with a big enough community, some people will start being racist and bigoted and if it is isn't checked, normal people just leave and then it escalates.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
In my experience, this is true. If left to their own devices and with a big enough community, some people will start being racist and bigoted and if it's checked, normal people just leave.
But is being racist and bigoted an exclusive right-wing trait?

Isn't resetera relatively unmoderated when it comes to anti-white and anti-straight views, and hasn't the lack of moderation in those areas pushed them more and more towards extremism, with the consequence of normal posters slowly leaving as well?

All communities need to be moderated to some degree, or there will be abusers making everyone else feel unconfortable.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

But is being racist and bigoted an exclusive right-wing trait?

Isn't resetera relatively unmoderated when it comes to anti-white and anti-straight views, and hasn't the lack of moderation in those areas pushed them more and more towards extremism, with the consequence of normal posters slowly leaving as well?

All communities need to be moderated to some degree, or there will be abusers making everyone else feel unconfortable.
On Reeee its fine to be racist against whites, hate men, and hate gamers as per Reeee rules those are all priviledged.

Last edited:

Xisiqomelir

Wow the France attacks threads are absurd right now.

Half the posters banned for "islamophobia" if they make verbatim quotes

KRf4Te0.png

Then the other half banned for "hostility" or "justifying violence"
1f5Urr7.png

So you are allowed to be neither pro nor anti these atrocities? Simply holding a position is wrongthink and will be lead to bans?

How can we interact or discuss anything under a regime like that?

I am so glad we don't have these mods around here any more.

notseqi

Wow the France attacks threads are absurd right now.

Half the posters banned for "islamophobia" if they make verbatim quotes

KRf4Te0.png

Then the other half banned for "hostility" or "justifying violence"
1f5Urr7.png

So you are allowed to be neither pro nor anti these atrocities? Simply holding a position is wrongthink and will be lead to bans?

How can we interact or discuss anything under a regime like that?

I am so glad we don't have these mods around here any more.
Almost as if two or more mods are throwing their weight around there and banning as per their own disposition.

Dav-Kripler

lol they're triggered because one character is 14 years old. Should've been 9, right REEE?
Check out joyfreak

FunkMiller

On Reeee its fite to be racist against, to hate men, hate gamers as per Reeee rules those are all priviledged.

I’m pretty sure if you had a mind to do it, you could uncover a lot of anti semitism on ResetEra. The far left tend to like using Jews as scapegoats, and the ‘evil force behind the global companies that rule the world’.

The far left and the far right both meet up and shake hands on how much they hate the Jews, for much the same fatuous reasons.

What exactly is preventing ResetEra members from having an account here and posting their points of view and starting threads promoting their ideas?

Why is an alleged middle ground even needed? In what way would it be different from GAF? Because ResetEra's censorious moderation is designed to exclude a large array of dissonant opinions, but that does not happen here. Generalizing, without mods giving them a leg up, threatening nad banning their opponents, all they're left with, for the most part, is name-calling.

They shall lose the debate.

In my experience, this is true. If left to their own devices and with a big enough community, some people will start being racist and bigoted and if it is isn't checked, normal people just leave and then it escalates.

That's not what ResetEra's moderation strives for. They strive for ideological uniformity - which includes allowing certain types of racism and certain types of bigotry to rear their heads. Any attempt to portray moderation over there as mere housecleaning against racism and bigotry is a complete misrepresentation.

Last edited:

notseqi

The far left and the far right both meet up and shake hands on how much they hate the Jews, for much the same fatuous reasons.
I bet it's because of their noses. Is it because of their noses?

Well ignored how Stalin was going to go for them next, eerie to imagine what he would have done.

FunkMiller

I bet it's because of their noses. Is it because of their noses?

Well ignored how Stalin was going to go for them next, eerie to imagine what he would have done.

Either the noses... or the fact that both far right and far left are a bunch of piss weak losers, who would rather believe a grand conspiracy of Jews is against them, then face up to the fact they’re just a bunch of spineless rejects who have no one to blame for their failures in life but themselves 😋

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
It's almost uniform for people on the left to be anti-Israel (and easy to shut that conversation down as being anti-semitic) but does Era really go for the NWO/globalist agenda conspiracy side of things?

Can't say that's anything I've particularly noticed.

cormack12

Gold Member

notseqi

What are you supposed to do? Be hyped for the game in a way that would ask the frequent flyer negative cunts to not shit up the thread or just say your piece and leave?

love all the SJW heroes that are like "I'll get it used, it's ok as long as they don't get my money!"
Ahhh, the fabled day 1 used copy.
Or they got it gifted by a clueless mate/family member.
Doesn't matter, they can't even discuss the game day1 because the OT will be locked/blacked out. Probably so the admins can play the game too without having to moderate much.

Last edited:

cff0ff148a45f7f3aaba2c1f7d086e42.jpg

bPmaZiW.png

Of course, I also buy consoles and shit. But this "no ethical consumption under capitalism" is the laziest shit imaginable and just a cop out so they never have to take responsibility. Especially when they then turn around and praise communism, as if that would solve the problem. And isn't it Trump who is trying to restrict import of chinese products?

Last edited:

Jeeves

I'm almost exactly 100 pages behind on this thread. I'd like to be caught up for November, so...any big highlights since the beginning of September? High-profile bannings or staff changes? Summits or uprisings? Hall of fame quotes?

So if Biden happens to win....how long will it take era to realise that it’s not actually anything to do with who is president that will appease their rage on society and ignore the 50 odd years in politics the new president has done nothing to change things....and revert back to hating everyone again .....or is orange man going to be burned into their brain for the next 10 years

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
What exactly is preventing ResetEra members from having an account here and posting their points of view and starting threads promoting their ideas?

Why is an alleged middle ground even needed? In what way would it be different from GAF? Because ResetEra's censorious moderation is designed to exclude a large array of dissonant opinions, but that does not happen here. Generalizing, without mods giving them a leg up, threatening nad banning their opponents, all they're left with, for the most part, is name-calling.

They shall lose the debate.

That's not what ResetEra's moderation strives for. They strive for ideological uniformity - which includes allowing certain types of racism and certain types of bigotry to rear their heads. Any attempt to portray moderation over there as mere housecleaning against racism and bigotry is a complete misrepresentation.
As much as I love this board I still feel like there can be a "little" note middle ground, im glad im not banned for certain views I have here but this board leans more rught whilst reset leans far left. Do I care about your views? No, am I offended by them? Hell no, but middle ground to debate them would be best Because theres no A side or B side

#Phonepunk#

Banned
any internet space left free and to itself will "drift right" left to it's own devices because the left is constantly pushing left and they are the ones defining the terms. it is only through draconian top-down modding that spaces get pushed to the left. the further left they go, the more the center looks right.

so anything not meeting the current ever-changing definition of "left" is "far right".

the truth is that it isn't that way at all. do you see any pro-nazi threads here? do you see any race science threads? do you see any threads calling for genocide against queer people? do you see any of that? if people herre were really "far right" as Era often claims, then you would see all that.

yes there are some racist comments, but that is everywhere, even on Era. how many times do they call black people who they disagree with "coons" and "Uncle Toms"? only difference is they have this shield of the narrative that they are "for social justice".

so you look at the politics section here. is it really far right? it is mostly just unflatttering news about the presidential candidates. if that is "alt right" to you, then you are probably the one moving, and you have been moved to the far left.

fucking insane to consider that wanting to know about a presidential candidate is considered "alt right". that's how far left they have dragged the conversation.

Last edited:

nush

As much as I love this board I still feel like there can be a "little" note middle ground, im glad im not banned for certain views I have here but this board leans more rught whilst reset leans far left. Do I care about your views? No, am I offended by them? Hell no, but middle ground to debate them would be best Because theres no A side or B side

There's been polls here that GAF is generally left of center.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you say the quiet part out loud

jxD79uo.jpg

Last edited:
mdvtqzH.jpg

2j6xP1w.jpg

Incredible how they keep saying this like this yet can never provide a fucking list of these works that are supposedly "rife" with this stuff? What CDPR games are rife with racism and transphobia? Obviously I'm excluding CP, which is unreleased and which we've seen less than 1% of.

What a bunch of lying filth. They pretend to care SO MUCH about devs, but how would a dev feel reading that shit, and these baseless claims that everything they have worked on is racist and transphobic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom