• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Dude definitely has a much newer/better TV then I do (I have a $200 TCL TV I bought in 2008) and I don't have any of the newly released consoles. Should I kill myself?

Edit: The guy has literally every system except the ones that literally came out days ago and most people haven't been able to even find in stock and a 4K TV. This is why he's crying and saying woe is me?

JmRhCWA.png
god this is the most pathetic shit i have ever seen. nothing so disgusting as a consumer addict bitching that he's being left behind.

Theyre trying to cancel the Raiden voice actor now.
Apparently he sent some perv things to a female fan. A fan that actually had a relationship with him from march to july and before that said on an instagram conversation that his voice made her "knees go weak" and that his smile was stunning and beautiful.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Apparently he sent some perv things to a female fan. A fan that actually had a relationship with him from march to july and before that said on an instagram conversation that his voice made her "knees go weak" and that his smile was stunning and beautiful.
I don't see a problem as long as she's of legal age. They probably mad jealous.

I don't see a problem as long as she's of legal age. They probably mad jealous.

Yeah she is. I also don't see a problem with people sending perv shit, asking for perv videos... just personal stuff between two people knowing each other or that already know each other. Depends on how deep their relationship is and if they talk a lot/know each other well at that point. Sucks to have this private shit leaked on the internet.

Dabaus

Banned
Seeing the freaks, miscreants, and other words I can’t use on this forum go after voice actors is a sight to behold. I’d be curious what the browsing history of the people reeeing out over wrong think looks like. On second thought, maybe I wouldn’t.

Last edited:

Ymir

Lol, his character in one of the many games he was in a said a line they now want to pretend he said about himself so it's now "ugh so gross!". These people literally make up their own reality.

JcHgJYN.png

Apparently Quinton Flynn used the same text and tactics to go out and have sex with fans that were 20-30 years younger (he is like 55yo) saying that he loved them and all that shit but then dumping the girls
Also he was (or is) married. I bet he is a douche, but c'mon girls... don't be so naive.

Ymir

Apparently Quinton Flynn used the same text and tactics to go out and have sex with fans that were 20-30 years younger (he is like 55yo) saying that he loved them and all that shit but then dumping the girls
Also he was (or is) married. I bet he is a douche, but c'mon girls... don't be so naive.
You also now don't get to retcon your entire relationship and call him a creep when you were fully onboard with all the messages and things he sent you before. Now that you're not in a relationship anymore they suddenly have a problem.

You also now don't get to retcon your entire relationship and call him a creep when you were fully onboard with all the messages and things he sent you before. Now that you're not in a relationship anymore they suddenly have a problem.

True. If he was a creep before saying those things, why the fuck did you enter a RELATIONSHIP with him? Dude is way older with you. There is a good chance that if he sent creep stuff to you he sent to other fans as well and is banging them. Don't be fucking stupid.

Ymir

True. If he was a creep before saying those things, why the fuck did you enter a RELATIONSHIP with him? Dude is way older with you. There is a good chance that if he sent creep stuff to you he sent to other fans as well and is banging them. Don't be fucking stupid.
Pretty much or you were offended and told him to stop and weren’t in a relationship then it’s fair game to call out but you don’t get to call him a creep for sending explicit material while you were actively in a relationship and at no time during the relationship took issue with it.

Mozzarella

tenor.gif

They're just very insecure about being ugly so dont like other people appreciating fitties. So pretend to be defending them. White knights knows no gender boundary.

Can we send the USA military and invade OffendEra and install a new regime? I believe they need some Democracy.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
7jc6G1f.jpg

Taysan is the pot calling the kettle African American. If he was posting on this site when ERA considered us Alt-Right then what is Taysan?

decisions

So if there is any evidence of Flynn making unwanted advances that would really suck as he is one of my favorite voice actors, but I looked at some of the Twitter posts and as far as I can tell he didn't harass anyone, everyone was of legal age, and the material came from girls he dumped leaking sexually explicit material that he had sent them consensually? Pretty shitty thing for them to leak honestly.

Probably not a morally good relationship on Flynn's part either, but as long a voice actor doesn't break the law, that's their own personal life and I really don't care what goes on in someone's personal life as far as them being in a damn video game. I think he's a really talented actor and that's the main thing for me lol.

Just sad to see the forum propagate cancel culture more and more. They are not moral arbiters. They are sad, lonely people who hate their lives so much they are willing to do anything to feel like they are superior to someone else.

Last edited:

Ymir

Another man trying to force his opinions on women. SMH

C0zld8Q.png

5sAHvjx.png

Of course Taytay will take what he can get, he has no choice.
What a beacon of morality, he'll take what he can get because none of this affects him at the end of the day. The allies they all deserve.

Also RedMercury trying to stir shit up again lol

6TRveky.png

MrFunSocks

Banned
What the hell even is that raiden voice actor thread? I think it’s becoming more and more clear that it’s an entire forum of incels that just take offence at everything intentionally, because they’re pretty much just saying any and all sexual talk, even between consenting adults, is sexual assault, and that if someone knows who you are you absolutely can’t ever let them touch your female lesbian penis because that is “preying” on them lol.

It’s just astounding to read. Girl says ooh I like your voice, you’re so sexy, guy says I think you’re sexy too........preying!!!!! Rape!!!! Sexual abuse!!!!!!

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Another man trying to force his opinions on women. SMH

C0zld8Q.png

5sAHvjx.png

Of course Taytay will take what he can get, he has no choice.
They really hate their parents :messenger_hushed: i mean i emphatize with them a little, when you have close family or parent that thinks too differently or says offensive stuff now and then until you have a rocky relationship with them, even toxic.

But yeah, that can't be healthy, specially if the only problem seems to be who they vote for.

teezzy

Banned
They really hate their parents :messenger_hushed: i mean i emphatize with them a little, when you have close family or parent that thinks too differently or says offensive stuff now and then until you have a rocky relationship with them, even toxic.

But yeah, that can't be healthy, specially if the only problem seems to be who they vote for.

Not being in your late 20s or 30s and living with them still helps a lot.

Ionian

Can't screenshot right now but there's some great responses in this stupid thread.

You just know the mods are debating bans before/after they lock. Some savage replies.

Had time so grabbed some, mods have gotta be scared to ban in the thread. (hear that Hecht? Your community is mocking you)

Anyway ...

xHkuO1k.jpg

rSWIKci.jpg

tMC8SqQ.jpg

YvU67pm.jpg

There's more but don't want to flood the thread. Plenty more in the link above.

Last edited:
This is something I see a lot but I think people should learn a little more about what's actually going on between the two.

Both Taiwan and China consider themselves the "legitimate" China. This is a political dispute between the two - I live in China and here people consider Taiwan as their own, while I've met Taiwanese people back in my country that say Mainland China is theirs (even though nowadays most of them want to keep it like it is now. Basically they're slowing trying to get away from one day having Mainland China as their own).

This is not a democratic choice or whatever bullshit the US is backing up (the US is simply using Taiwan as means to cripples China expansion, but for sure you already know that). This is a political dispute that goes beyond "Fuck China for not letting Taiwan be independent". They don't want to be independent, they want to be considered as the "real China" - and you can see why there's tension between them . That's why Taiwan calls itself Republic of China and China is People's Republic of China. Them having a different passport, in China, is the same as HK or Macao. They are considered self administrated regions, with their own economies and rules.

I'm not chinese, but I do live here and every time I see some people on Era talk about politics regarding China or Taiwan, I immediately know they have never set foot in China or Taiwan (or even read a fucking article regarding it). But Era is like this, their sinophobia never stops showing.

Btw, I'm not saying who's right or wrong or that I agree with one or another, but the way this situation is simplified to a "Fuck China" makes it seem like one is correct while the other is not, when it's simply two different parties trying to be recognized as the real legitimate one (PRC is China because of economic reasons basically).

EDIT: Sorry if this kinda derails the thread, but well it was on Era.

Last edited:

nush

I'm not chinese, but I do live here and every time I see some people on Era talk about politics regarding China or Taiwan, I immediately know they have never set foot in China or Taiwan

This, all the time. Everything they know about China is what topics have been posted on Era.

This, all the time. Everything they know about China is what topics have been posted on Era.
I mean, that's how I got banned there. Because I said some everyday's observation and they simply ignored what I said and accused me of Islamophobia.

Basically they state that every muslim in China is being chased after and put in those "concentration" camps, and I stated that my girlfriend's family is muslim, she's half muslim, she has Uyghur friends, minorities are actually helped by the government (some stuff is easier for them and they are allowed to have more kids than Han chinese), she comes from the city of those concentration camps, I live in a city that it's well known for having a big muslim community (Xi'an) that even has streets in their honor... and that basically they all live freely and aren't actually in concentration camps. I was super surprised seeing such a big muslim community here, caught me by surprise, in a good way.

Banned (permanent) -Reason: Islamophobia, prior history of ignoring the struggle of chinese minorities.

Fuck them for being so ignorant.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
I mean, that's how I got banned there. Because I said some everyday's observation and they simply ignored what I said and accused me of Islamophobia.

Basically they state that every muslim in China is being chased after and put in those "concentration" camps, and I stated that my girlfriend's family is muslim, she's half muslim, she has Uyghur friends, minorities are actually helped by the government (some stuff is easier for them and they are allowed to have more kids than Han chinese), she comes from the city of those concentration camps, I live in a city that it's well known for having a big muslim community (Xi'an) that even has streets in their honor... and that basically they all live freely and aren't actually in concentration camps. I was super surprised seeing such a big muslim community here, caught me by surprise, in a good way.

Banned (permanent) -Reason: Islamophobia, prior history of ignoring the struggle of chinese minorities.

These ban reasons are so comically bad. WTF.

These ban reasons are so comically bad. WTF.
It was not exactly that, but something like it iirc.

EDIT: Ok, just went to check. There's no Islamophobia but I remember someone calling me that, that's why I got confused. Sorry for that. The official one is:

You have been banned for the following reason: User banned (permanent): dismissing concerns of human rights violations, prior severe ban for the same.

I didn't dismiss anything at all, just gave some observations on someone that was stating that all muslims are being killed and imprisoned. The prior severe ban was exactly the same thing basically.

Last edited:

nush

There is Muslim run noodle restaurants all over China, they would all be shut down if there was a country wide round-up for example. That's not to say the concentration camps don't exist, just that its not as black and white as presented.

There is Muslim run noodle restaurants all over China, they would all be shut down if there was a country wide round-up for example. That's not to say the concentration camps don't exist, just that its not as black and white as presented.
The thing is: the camps do exist. My girlfriend told me about them, but I also have reports that those inside the camps can go out (a work colleague told me about it, as he says he has a friend that went to those camps but at night he could go back home to his family - still have my doubts but at least it's something).

The thing is: Christians are welcomed, Muslims are welcomed, every religion is. You have Hui Min Jie, f.e., (which is a super famous Hui minority street full of restaurants), you have Mosques, you have a lot of people living here from Uzbekistan, Tajikistan... This country is not against muslims, it actually embraces them.

People need to understand why these camps were actually created but I bet that 90% of them don't know. Do I agree with how China does it? No, it's extreme and they should be held accountable for it. But it seems to work for what they want (reduce extremism, something that China hates whether it comes from Islam or Christianity), that's why they keep them.

This is something I see a lot but I think people should learn a little more about what's actually going on between the two.

Both Taiwan and China consider themselves the "legitimate" China. This is a political dispute between the two - I live in China and here people consider Taiwan as their own, while I've met Taiwanese people back in my country that say Mainland China is theirs (even though nowadays most of them want to keep it like it is now. Basically they're slowing trying to get away from one day having Mainland China as their own).

This is not a democratic choice or whatever bullshit the US is backing up (the US is simply using Taiwan as means to cripples China expansion, but for sure you already know that). This is a political dispute that goes beyond "Fuck China for not letting Taiwan be independent". They don't want to be independent, they want to be considered as the "real China" - and you can see why there's tension between them . That's why Taiwan calls itself Republic of China and China is People's Republic of China. Them having a different passport, in China, is the same as HK or Macao. They are considered self administrated regions, with their own economies and rules.

I'm not chinese, but I do live here and every time I see some people on Era talk about politics regarding China or Taiwan, I immediately know they have never set foot in China or Taiwan (or even read a fucking article regarding it). But Era is like this, their sinophobia never stops showing.

Btw, I'm not saying who's right or wrong or that I agree with one or another, but the way this situation is simplified to a "Fuck China" makes it seem like one is correct while the other is not, when it's simply two different parties trying to be recognized as the real legitimate one (PRC is China because of economic reasons basically).

EDIT: Sorry if this kinda derails the thread, but well it was on Era.
Maybe I'm bought in to the propaganda war, but considering the actions of the mainland in relation to Hong Kong, I just dont see that being the sticking point. According to the deal Beijing struck, Hong Kong has been guaranteed autonomy until roughly 2040. Even if I set aside Carrie Lam's ties to the CCP and assume the proposed extradition law came from a place of concern among the Hong Kong population, what we saw last year is still an internal decision by the autonomous people of Hong Kong. Yet they continuously exerted influence to influence the outcome. They demonized the protestors in state ran media outlets like The Global Time, used access to their markets to dissuade corporate support (even going as far as demanding action be taken against the manager of the Houston Rockets for tweeting support on his personal Twitter account), and allegedly illegally detained and extradited protest leaders to the mainland. That, alongside the actions we see them taking in the South China Sea do not look like the actions of a nation that tolerates sovereignty of autonomous people occupying land they cinsider theirs.

So no, I dont buy that this is about Taiwan claiming to be the real China. If they claimed to be the new nation of Taiwan with no connection to China, Beijing would still see them as an insurrection on Chinese land that needs to be struck down. Their track record on similar matters speaks louder than their words.

Maybe I'm bought in to the propaganda war, but considering the actions of the mainland in relation to Hong Kong, I just dont see that being the sticking point. According to the deal Beijing struck, Hong Kong has been guaranteed autonomy until roughly 2040. Even if I set aside Carrie Lam's ties to the CCP and assume the proposed extradition law came from a place of concern among the Hong Kong population, what we saw last year is still an internal decision by the autonomous people of Hong Kong. Yet they continuously exerted influence to influence the outcome. They demonized the protestors in state ran media outlets like The Global Time, used access to their markets to dissuade corporate support (even going as far as demanding action be taken against the manager of the Houston Rockets for tweeting support on his personal Twitter account), and allegedly illegally detained and extradited protest leaders to the mainland. That, alongside the actions we see them taking in the South China Sea do not look like the actions of a nation that tolerates sovereignty of autonomous people occupying land they cinsider theirs.

So no, I dont buy that this is about Taiwan claiming to be the real China. If they claimed to be the new nation of Taiwan with no connection to China, Beijing would still see them as an insurrection on Chinese land that needs to be struck down. Their track record on similar matters speaks louder than their words.
Yeah, there is a certain aggression from China about the HK situation. But another thing to keep in mind: the situation that actually brought up the extradition law, and what would you do if a place that technically belongs to you but self manages becomes a criminal heaven? Whether is financial crimes, actual killers (the thing that changed everything). How would you proceed? I don’t agree with the aggression being taken by China, but fuck, i can see why they want it. Especially, if im not mistaken, HK has extradition law with the US and Canada (correct me if wrong, not 100% sure). And there’s some eyebrow-rasing pictures of some of the movement leaders. But i do agree that HK citizens should decide.

South China see is basically a clash between some nations there. If China doesn’t take it, US will and eventually use it to cripple even more China’s development. I’m not justifying it, just trying to understand what is going on.

Taiwan, technically from the constitution, still considers itself China(Republic of China). So yes, they wanted to be recognized as China. But since they have no hope of doing so, they cry for independence, which is totally legit. But China, once again won’t take it.

I see Hk and Taiwan situation as kinda like Cataluna in Spain. They wanted independence but the western press was pretty much tame when compared to China. Why? Because doesn’t fit their agenda.

But i do agree with you, China is super sensitive and aggresive on this. Maybe this roots from the humiliation they suffered on the hands of the western nations? I have no fucking idea.

Ps: typing on phone, i hate this shit.

eot

Banned
I see Hk and Taiwan situation as kinda like Cataluna in Spain. They wanted independence but the western press was pretty much tame when compared to China. Why? Because doesn’t fit their agenda.
Catalonia is nothing like Hong Kong and neither is much like Taiwan either.
Maybe the reporting is different because China is a dictatorship with values fundamentally opposed to western ones, and openly threaten military action against Taiwan.

Catalonia is nothing like Hong Kong and neither is much like Taiwan either.
Maybe the reporting is different because China is a dictatorship with values fundamentally opposed to western ones, and openly threaten military action against Taiwan.
Why not? I see three provinces fighting for the same. How do the situations actually differ? Actually asking, maybe I’m missing something.
And the aggressiveness is so one sided because one of the sides actually has the power to execute it.

And China is more free than you might think when it comes to a dictatorship.

By the way, better to keep this on a separate thread of just pm’s, what you think? The conversation has gone beyond ResetEra mockery haha I’m open for discussion for sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom