• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
DLn3Sok.jpg

97.2% of Era consists of the most insufferable GAF posters in 2017

Is this what winning looks like...?

infinite-trolling-forever-always-troll-face-trollface.gif

Last edited:
Update, they didnt like the stats so closed the thread lol

"As this thread has a lot of metacommentary, we're locking it.

The size of our membership has grown significantly since the month we launched the site, and registrations and growth are things we actively monitor. We see healthy growth from new members, including hundreds of registrations per week, and the amount of active (including new) members is very strong. "

:pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:

I mean, that may be true, but the site activity went down a lot. When I was still a member, I liked to use Latest Threads a lot, and if for some reason I didn't check it for 12-13 hours, chances were that I did not manage to "catch up" on everything, as the 5 pages of queue it has simply run out, and older threads shuffle out. Nowadays, I can easily not check the forum for almost 24 hours and the queue does not fill up, and tons of threads don't even reach page 2. Most communities and OTs are dying down or moving towards alternative venues like other forums or Discords. If they want to pretend everything's smooth sailing, power to them, but the site's activity took quite a dive.

Of course it doesn't help they banned a lot of prominent members for criticizing mods or not agreeing with the outrage of the week. Those that remain know that they walk a very thin line - complaining about moderation or expressing the slightest doubt over something political or social may result in a permaban, so activity in many threads doesn't quite skyrocket for that reason too.

The stats on the kiwifarms ban bot point towards the site has gone backward in unique active users and it also shows the member count being in a plateau

what that means is it’s the same people sitting around whining about shit and it’s not getting any fresh blood in

many still haven’t clicked that the cancer that infested here years ago started the very forum they are on now and has continued to grow into the hell hole of amusement we view today

TVexperto

Im so frustrated with resetera. they ban people left and right just because they have a different opinion than those power hungry mods. im disappointed to see that digital foundry is still active there even though thy decided to call it quits earlier this year after being attacked by all those posters. now i saw that they want to ban cyberpunk 2077 threads for 2 weeks (review, ot, etc. threads)

all that "transparency" bullshit was just another lie. they said you can write a ticket if you are banned so you can contest it ... guess what. you cant.

Had a look at that ERA thread again (page back) and noticed this dude spitting truths in a comment that I had missed;

tEXIb5h.jpg

this is exactly my point. where is all the money going? they are claiming they support so many different groups but i have never seen them show what their finances are and how much money they earn or donate. the admin is literally earning money while the mods push their agendas without any oversight.

also that warrior thread with the ps5 video... so many salty posters who didnt get a ps5 but have no problem watching cars explode in movies.

Last edited:

TVexperto

UPDATE:

5NCH8EO.png

Thread locked, but not because "Cyberpunk 2077 is the most evil product in existence and discussion must be stopped."

What spineless admins. LIVES are literally at stake!!!
this is a joke right? they allow threads to stay open for every rumor and other tidbit but the most hyped game of the year is not allowed?
also what does the game have to do with trans awareness week? literally makes no sense.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
look at these fascists insisting that people hold specific beliefs and viewpoints and regurgitate them in the exact way THEY demand. "It's all it would take" they sound like bullies or terrorists, here, they want to extract compliance, their threat is SILENCE. they say "silence is violence" and take it to mean "if you don't say exactly what we want, you are being violent" when i reality, they are threatening to remove this man's work, the way he makes his living, if he doesn't say what they want. they are forcing their opinions on others. this is the real violence = silence. stamping out dissent like 1984's Ministry of Truth.

"Like, it's super easy", listen to this little shit talking like controlling every word ever typed by this random voice actor is a simple (or reasonable) request.

ah5emcN.jpg

maybe this guy doesn't agree with you on the fucking football player knee bending? who the motherfuck cares? why is that so damn important? do these soy shitbags even watch American football? why does it matter that the man who voices the fantasy space wizard liked a comment somebody else made on a photo of a millionaire sports performer? are you fucking serious? 19 pages of this shit.

what the ever living fuck is wrong with these mongoloids? do they have no problems in their own lives? do they not have lives? because it seems like it. seriously, the most privileged soft boy douchebags in all of human history, right here, on ResetEra, smearing their shit on the bathroom walls every day of their miserable pathetic hateful lives, looking up the anus of every single person working on their preferred media product and making demands of all the workers like they are the god damn CEO.

jesus christ why waste your time on this shit? these people are Death Cultists, they derive pleasure from converting the world. they are worse than evangelicals X 1000. at least evangelicals only control the weird tv stations, these nutbags control mainstream global media, both legacy and social media. they dominate trillions of dollars in entertainment and information content, and it isn't fucking enough for them. so all-consuming is their narcissism, they have to be the only opinion on the planet.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
noticing this^ was a Cheebo thread posted in Gaming OT. Cheebo never posts in Gaming, right? i usually only see him on Etc/Politics.

kinda feel like he was being an anal narc following every person involved in some Star Wars thing and came upon this "scandal" that HE could break, then realized that he could use the games the VA worked on to post this in Gaming, where it would get much more traction than in Etc.

he could tie it to an upcoming game. thus the witch hunt was on!

jIiQinJ.jpg

he and thousands of other people spent all afternoon piling on. then later in the evening when he realized it was getting outside attention, specifically calling him out for slander, he got a mod to change his name and then he edited out the "he needs to be fired ASAP" and replaced it with "he doesn't understand what slander is."

the edit happened 5 hours later, so "he needs to be fired ASAP" was up for about 5 hours. then it was removed and replaced with "what's slander?"

that's some top tier cowardly gaslighting.

original thread

2020.11.16-12.29-boundingintocomics-5fb1c7e9d53d4.png

edited

i4WzU6e.jpg

Last edited:
ERA is full of cowards and shills that live inside their bubble, nothing new.
I still remember when Bloodlines was announced and the devs were so proud that they had a trans vampire as one of the main characters, so maybe Reeeee users can play that train wreck instead of Cyberpunk =)

MrFunSocks

Banned

5Dqg5DT.jpg

tenor.gif
I love how dismissing concerns of bigotry/transphobia is cause for a ban lol. Doesn’t matter if the concerns are unfounded and incorrect, you cannot “dismiss” them or correct the person making the claims.

it’s the ultimate safe space for concerned snowflakes. Say you're concerned about something and no one can question you without getting banned. Unless of course you're concerned about people getting outraged over fake concern, then you're banned instantly.

Wait until the 'We do not give children's game Rachet & Clank a platform' stage.
That's a Sony first party exclusive, they will never "cancel" one of them. Naughty Dog have come out completely unscathed there through all their sexual harassment and crunch claims, they're still the "Naughty Gods" to them. Sony somehow came out unscathed after their black/white "racist" PSP (or was it vita?) ads.

But the game isn't transphobic, not even slightly. Why do they read into shit so hard? Is it that they always need to have something to get triggered by? Something to rage about? How worthless.
I think the main problem is that all the "trans" people on reeeeeee are neckbeard dudes, and the chromanticore ad has a hot girl with a dick. They're fat neckbeards who probably can't see their own penis', so they say that it's "fetishizing" trans people. It's just a reflection of these incel guys that "identify" as female lesbians.

Last edited:

Ionian

Im so frustrated with resetera. they ban people left and right just because they have a different opinion than those power hungry mods. im disappointed to see that digital foundry is still active there even though thy decided to call it quits earlier this year after being attacked by all those posters. now i saw that they want to ban cyberpunk 2077 threads for 2 weeks (review, ot, etc. threads)

all that "transparency" bullshit was just another lie. they said you can write a ticket if you are banned so you can contest it ... guess what. you cant.

this is exactly my point. where is all the money going? they are claiming they support so many different groups but i have never seen them show what their finances are and how much money they earn or donate. the admin is literally earning money while the mods push their agendas without any oversight.

Who cares?

This shit has been gone over a million times.

It's not a charity, there was never ever a promise that financials would be promised when asked from day 1. (Why would they, good or bad?)

Try reading back on the thread (might take months but it's there, ain't doing your homework for you)

TL;DR: They are cunts and this entire thread documents it all.

Last edited:

DemWalls

ERA is full of cowards and shills that live inside their bubble, nothing new.
I still remember when Bloodlines was announced and the devs were so proud that they had a trans vampire as one of the main characters, so maybe Reeeee users can play that train wreck instead of Cyberpunk =)

A game unrepentant serial rapist* Chris Avellone worked on?

Who cares if he left the project and all his material has been binned, that game is forever tainted.

* May not actually be a rapist

nush

noticing this^ was a Cheebo thread posted in Gaming OT. Cheebo never posts in Gaming, right? i usually only see him on Etc/Politics.

kinda feel like he was being an anal narc following every person involved in some Star Wars thing and came upon this "scandal" that HE could break, then realized that he could use the games the VA worked on to post this in Gaming, where it would get much more traction than in Etc.

he could tie it to an upcoming game. thus the witch hunt was on!

jIiQinJ.jpg

he and thousands of other people spent all afternoon piling on. then later in the evening when he realized it was getting outside attention, specifically calling him out for slander, he got a mod to change his name and then he edited out the "he needs to be fired ASAP" and replaced it with "he doesn't understand what slander is."

the edit happened 5 hours later, so "he needs to be fired ASAP" was up for about 5 hours. then it was removed and replaced with "what's slander?"

that's some top tier cowardly gaslighting.

original thread

2020.11.16-12.29-boundingintocomics-5fb1c7e9d53d4.png

edited

i4WzU6e.jpg

That's twice now they have been legally warned for content on Era.

The edits and username change and the fact that JAT was directed to Era when he wanted to know where all the libel was coming from.

nush

Just like last year nobody actually cares about Trans awareness week, time to get desperate for attention,

3W725j8.png

That first reply! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

XsuvYaP.png

It's only stickied because last year it fell off the front page right away and with barely 100 posts since Friday this years topic would have as well.

Just like last year nobody actually cares about Trans awareness week, time to get desperate for attention,

3W725j8.png

That first reply! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

XsuvYaP.png

It's only stickied because last year it fell off the front page right away and with barely 100 posts since Friday this years topic would have as well.

I'd wager that A LOT of people there also have the brave and noble Kyuuji on ignore for being such a cunt about CDPR. Just a hunch. ;)

Fuck, I'm really starting to think that the world, especially the video games world, would be better without ResetEra.

What a bunch of fucking low-life people. They spend their fucking day on that forum crying about something that doesn't go the way they want and it hurts their feelings. Grow a fucking brain, leave the pc, GO TO FUCKING WORK, live your god damn life!

VN1X

Banned
Sorry this is ages old by internet standards but only just got this recommended by the evil youtube overlords. I felt you people of culture would appreciate this one as well, only downside is that it doesn't last longer:

Disclaimer: I'm European, not a fan of Trump and your two-party system is broken. Ok carry on!

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Fuck, I'm really starting to think that the world, especially the video games world, would be better without ResetEra.

What a bunch of fucking low-life people. They spend their fucking day on that forum crying about something that doesn't go the way they want and it hurts their feelings. Grow a fucking brain, leave the pc, GO TO FUCKING WORK, live your god damn life!
It's a "extreme left" outrage culture and incel faux trans female lesbian forum at this stage, not a video game forum or even just a normal forum.

Gifmaker

The true problem being that this asylum is so big in userbase, that they have a certain influence over the industry. Like, just 1 or 2%, but that's more than the 0% they actually deserve.

The typical REEEE user is such a fascist bigot him/herself that their views must not be allowed to protrude into the gaming industry at all. But unfortunately, they successfully donned the mantle of being pRoGrEsSiVe, so that's what makes their views and opinions on things somewhat interesting to the corporate suits who want to use woke culture as an economic turboboost. For some reason, constantly shaming each and everyone into needing to do and be "better" proves to be a viable way of advertisement for some companies.

I would really love to find a legal way to bring those insufferable bigots down for good. I mean, REEEE is so hellbent on cancel culture and witch hunting that they will eventually implode, but it's taking too long for my taste. I would like to speed things up somehow. Unfortunately, a majority of people over there didn't even wake up when being confronted with the truth about the paedophilic nature of the people who run this shitshow of a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom