• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Have there been any topics about accessibility in next gen games since Mendinso shat the bed, or have they all stopped pretending to care about that now?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I still can't believe this was posted unironically
There are posts which I believe Hobbes is plainly self-aware and just likes to play as a clown for attention-seeking, and there are other posts which I'm not entirely sure if that's the case.

Last edited:

Ymir

Lol, these morons need to learn what a mirror is. Republicans can be radicalized but so can Democrats, it's not like one side has had a particular monopoly in recent years.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its so funny they are always worried about radicalization, yet the extremist modding and cancel culture shit they constantly engage in is what has radicalized many people.

they just have this blind spot where nothing can possibly be their fault. but it's true. leftist spaces on the internet pushing people out due to their unreasonable ideological purity tests are what radicalizes people. i know first hand, i used to belong to a left message board (not Era) and had to leave because it was too much to handle. when moderate people are driven out of your SJW space, and the only places accepting of free speech are deemed "alt right", then damn right, they are going to get radicalized. congrats on your ideological purity, while you push more and more people awayt.

these morons don't realize it. they think it's some shit that only happens if you accidentally click an Alex Jones video. like if you accidentally watch The Quartering suddenly you want to kill all trans people. this dumb as a rock myth is what they actually wholeheartedly believe!

the truth is SJWs have radicalized far more people than any alt/far right figure could ever hope.

Last edited:

BigBooper

That's a shame. That could be a decent topic if people were allowed to discuss it without being banned.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
We just have to accept that there is nothing radical about looting and burning and saying all cops are bad. Nope. It’s not like it is mainstream behavior supported by the Democrat VP who was raising campaign funds to give to criminals and people destroying communities all over the country for months. The mayor of NYC paints Black Lives Matter and uses public funds to guard his political slogan during a time when police are vastly outnumbered by their detractors (who he is celebrating loudly and publicly). Nothing radical about that. Nope.

Or saying you are going to stack the Supreme Court, torpedoing the delicate checks and balances of theUS federal government. Nothing radical at all there. A green new deal where they just take trillions of dollars from us and spend it, Warren has even said they don’t need congress to do it, nothing radical at all about that.

When you look at objective reality it is stunning the amount of projection. We are all held hostage by these vile authoritarian Hitlers who are just projecting their anti human mental illness on the rest of the world.

They refuse to do any self examination, this is why they can get away with literally doing everything they accuse the other side of doing. This is why the trans and furry and LARPing shit is to big for them, they don’t belive in themselves, or reality, and thus their entire lives are about constructing a fantasy persona and demanding that everyone humor you. They are cowards who refuse to man up and live in reality, and the internet provides them a way to construct a fantasy reality which they can dominate, since all the Big Tech emanates out of the SJW West Coast. They avoid reality and are obsessed with their constructed personas. They have shunned a proper respectful social life for naval gazing narcissist consumerism.

It’s childish, retreating from adult responsibilities. That is because the feminist movement is anti family and therefore against growing up. We are meant to settle down and raise children as adults, without that constructive work, all our energy is funneled into this consumer death machine. Don’t have children - do it for the planet! Since you aren’t having kids and the law and police are bullshit you can act however you want. Thus the regression to name calling and threats of violence. They label themselves as Progressive to distract from the fact that they are Regressive. A generation of people who grew to adulthood then decided it was too hard.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Quick, Cyberpunk video coming in 30 mins( posted at short notice before the loons and mods start thrashing up the threads )

How long before lock?

l4nL4bP.png

"The flag wasn't big enough, that's why no one is paying attention to me!"

Ionian

lol at this post

Just looked up his username, banned 7 times and warned twice. On the banbot.

What is going on with his avatar, BLM, goldchain, African hat on a white wrestler?

Thought he was a troll but he has over 19k posts.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

it’s heating up. I feel sorry for those dudes who post the “hype” threads.

The nutters can’t help themselves but shit Up the threads.

All your shit flinging is doing is make people pay no attention to you at all. Knobs.

teezzy

Banned
I'm taking a dump rn and mozied over there for a quick laugh. Didnt even make it page 1 of gaming discussion before chuckling

Screenshot-20201117-130656-Chrome.jpg

I didnt even open the thread, but damn do these guys ever just tire themselves out? Remember how privileged you are to breathe air as well while you're at it

Despite all of the outrage directed towards CDPR in that thread, there's still plenty more of it to go around.

whS6fr8.png

MsbA4BV.png

0FSVlLq.png

You thought we forgot about you, Terrible Person John Linneman?? Ha, think again!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I cried when I first saw Sombra at the 2016 BlizzCon opening keynote. I remembered feeling uncomfortable as a child when I saw Tetra transform into Princess Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker; I saw how the change was framed as an upgrade from an unremarkable brown pirate to an ethereal pale princess worth Herculean and Hyrulian efforts alike to save. Any pride I could’ve had in a heroine whose skin resembled mine was taken from me. I could find comfort in neither my skin colour nor my ethnicity as a brown Latina, for there were no Latina characters I knew of.

But in 2016, here was Sombra, a brown woman highlighted on stage at one of the biggest conventions in the industry. After over a decade, I could finally play as someone who looked like me and wasn’t an amalgamation of stereotypes.

But in 2020 this, too, feels like it has been taken from me. Sombra sadly didn’t kick off a wave of varied Latina characters. She ultimately served as the blueprint this industry refuses to discard. Today, it’s painfully clear the AAA FPS genre, dominated by games like Overwatch, Apex Legends, and Valorant, knows one extremely limited kind of Latina. Since Sombra, these games’ Latina characters – Loba, Raze, and Reyna – are mired in racist and sexist tropes, like hypersexualisation, stereotypical writing, and Latinx prejudices. While these games offer little storytelling and characterisation, the little that is there has, for Latina characters, robbed people like me of the chance to see our complexities explored.

The depiction of Latinas in media has long become synonymous with hypersexualisation, exotification and objectification. In a world in which whiteness decides beauty standards, and in which those standards are a form of social, cultural and economic currency, those who deviate from those concepts are seen as foreign and less human. All of these, with exotification – assigning stereotypes to a person because they deviate from the norm, which is largely determined by whiteness – in particular, are the foundations for Loba.

etc blabla

Latinas, and darker-skinned women in general, are rarely allowed to be more. The darker our skin, the less we adhere to whiteness, and the more deviant we are assumed to be. We’re allowed to be sexual, fiery, devious, seductive, and physically mature. We can almost never be vulnerable, cute, insecure, delicate, soft, or simply human –

Fucking hellllll, it's never enough is it?

Last edited:

TVexperto

it’s heating up. I feel sorry for those dudes who post the “hype” threads.

The nutters can’t help themselves but shit Up the threads.

All your shit flinging is doing is make people pay no attention to you at all. Knobs.
They locked the new cyberpunk gameplay thread without any explanation..if they hate CDPR so much why arent they doing the same with ubisoft threads with all those sexual harrassment stories coming out especially since it was in yves inner circle apparently.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

They locked the new cyberpunk gameplay thread without any explanation..if they hate CDPR so much why arent they doing the same with ubisoft threads with all those sexual harrassment stories coming out especially since it was in yves inner circle apparently.
The flimsy excuse one of them posted when someone brought up a similar point was "Well at least they're supposedly trying to change!"

4hjuKeN.png

This post is honestly about as ResetEra as it gets. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, thread locked. New "Staff Post" incoming? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
He/Him

Ionian

The fact an Admin needed to drag their fat ass out of a chair to say that the user-base growth was doing well when users were revolting about mod actions (and weren't banned) ...

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Extremely funny and absolutely entirely deserved.

TVexperto

The fact an Admin needed to drag their fat ass out of a chair to say that the user-base growth was doing well when users were revolting about mod actions (and weren't banned) ...

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Extremely funny and absolutely entirely deserved.

People were revolting about mod actions without getting banned? I doubt it :D

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

The drama has now moved here

This game is a ducking minefield on that forum, the mods need to decide which camp their going to piss off and be done with it.

Get out from the trenches and make a ducking decision you spineless little cunts, tell one group to fuck off and be done with it.

New footage of the most anticipated game of the year (maybe the generation) isn’t thread worthy on THE GAMING FORUM, LMAO.

Last edited:

DemWalls

Fucking hellllll, it's never enough is it?

Why do I get the feeling that if someone made a character like the bolded, they would still be accused of making said character meek and sexualized, just in a different way?

TVexperto

The drama has now moved here

This game is a ducking minefield on that forum, the mods need to decide which camp their going to piss off and be done with it.

Get out from the trenches and make a ducking decision you spineless little cunts, tell one group to fuck off and be done with it.

New footage of the most anticipated game of the year (maybe the generation) isn’t thread worthy on THE GAMING FORUM, LMAO.
i agree. but they are cowards so of course they are trying to play both sides. do you really think the admins want to miss out on ad revenue on the biggest game launch this year? just look at how many clicks/views the election thread got... they dont want to miss out on those sweet ad earnings.

cormack12

Gold Member
This is a real shitty move. Dude was banned for this post

d7Asne.jpg

BUT it looked like he edited out what he said as it offended people, mods restored the post from backup or whatever (maybe undelete) and then banned him for it

lX6pMJ.jpg

INSRoK.jpg

INSRoK.jpg

teezzy

Banned
It's funny these transgendered folk and transgendered supporter whatevers seem to be paying a lot more attention to all the CP2077 news than I am, and I'm already planning to buy it on steam day one

Like if it pisses you off so badly, go do something else. That's kinda the Beauty of this whole "free will" thing

Why do I get the feeling that if someone made a character like the bolded, they would still be accused of making said character meek and sexualized, just in a different way?

I knew about the Valorant characters and Sombra. Googled Loba. Her design is actually bad ass as fuck, she looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom