• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
v5faBZp.png

NeoGAF has been an LLC for well over a decade.

I had a troubling thought the other night. With reactionary violence seemingly being normalized among these people over offensive non-threatening language and perceived sleights against marginalized groups, I'm 90% sure that if the Charlie Hebdo massacre happened today, there would be a lot more people justifying it and saying they deserved it.

That's super scary to think about.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I had a troubling thought the other night. With reactionary violence seemingly being normalized among these people over offensive non-threatening language and perceived sleights against marginalized groups, I'm 90% sure that if the Charlie Hebdo massacre happened today, there would be a lot more people justifying it and saying they deserved it.

That's super scary to think about.

I mean... there were already plenty saying the newspaper deserved it back then. I'm sure there would be bans for anyone decrying the terrorists for "excusing the legacy of colonialism and dismissing the pain of a marginalized people" if something similar happened today.

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
NeoGAF has been an LLC for well over a decade.
I don't when it happened, but it's similar to console fanboy wars where at some point the "sales and profits" factor got bought into the mix.

I never knew random video game nerds on gaming forums are all qualified accountants tracking everyone's income statements and liability risk.

And here I am thinking being a chartered accountant or business tax adviser were hard jobs to get.

Last edited:
I don't when it happened, but it's similar to console fanboy wars where at some point the "sales and profits" factor got bought into the mix.

I never knew random video game nerds on gaming forums are all qualified accountants tracking everyone's income statements and liability risk.

And here I am thinking being a chartered accountant or business tax adviser were hard jobs to get.
FYI they are also Doctors, Lawyers, and Historians when they need to be :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I also love the armchair game development and IT shit that goes on.

The armchair games biz shit is honestly less amusing than it is genuinely annoying. That's partially because despite being a lawyer, I work in games, and partially because I know some devs take what they say seriously.

600Breezy

your weekly “fuck capitalism” thread

funnily enough, there is actually pushback in this thread for regular Era members. But every single time, the same retort “we need to seize the means of production.”

the sentiment in these threads is remarkably similar to incels - incels feel as if their owed sex by women. These people think they’re owed a luxury life simply for existing.

I remember the thread where the question was posed that if you didn’t have to work, would you? Around 90% straight up said no. Uhhhhhh...so we’d be paying higher taxes for you to sit at home “earning” your UBI while contributing literally nothing to society??

every single day I am alive, I will be working to ensure capitalism remains as the framework of our society.

dream

Oh man, I just read a quote that is almost as great as “after all, I’m an incident manager.”

from Nepenthe:
“I am a black woman. I am also a moderator.

This bit of intersectionality has been one of the hardest weeks I as an individual have had to deal with in my life.”

intersectionality and opposing positionalities are absolutely real, but I can’t believe the lack of self-awareness it takes to consider being a mod on a video game forum to be so foundational to one’s identity, creating an intersectional conflict that led to “one of the hardest weeks in [her] life.”

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh man, I just read a quote that is almost as great as “after all, I’m an incident manager.”

from Nepenthe:

This bit of intersectionality has been one of the hardest weeks I as an individual have had to deal with in my life.”

intersectionality and opposing positionalities are absolutely real, but I can’t believe the lack of self-awareness it takes to consider being a mod on a video game forum to be so foundational to one’s identity, creating an intersectional conflict that led to “one of the hardest weeks in [her] life.”

The epitope of first world privilege.

nush

from Nepenthe:

Repost from last week.

m231Kh0.jpg

America meddled with Japan & Germany.
Both countries today are world powers.

America meddled with South America
South America today is.... :goog_unsure:

And for bonus points, both America and Russia meddled with Korea. Yet today, which of the two countries is the most successful? :goog_unsure:

America meddled in Germany in WWII because America meddled in Germany in WWI.

If we had let the European peasants kill each other until they had their fill AND not have let the butthurt French decimate Germany with the, there probably would not have been so much resentment and hatred for Hitler to take advantage of. There also would not have been a Soviet Union. Win-win.

US interventionism and progressivism has been one of the leading causes of violence and conflict for the world for over a century. Woodrow Wilson thinking he knew best fucked over Europe and Russia, although he probably would have liked the results, anti-Semite communist that he was.

ManaByte

Gold Member

They have one of these every couple of months.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm digging how folks in the Greek thread say "it's not your land!" to a native Greek citizen but folks also say "Thanksgiving is about oppressing natives!" So which is it? Does the indigenous population have a right to the land or not? Is a population shift a natural and welcome thing or not? Are a bunch of young men from a radically different ideology showing up on your shores a great thing or not?

Funny how the ban hammer always falls on the christian (or white, or hetero, or male, or cis) side of the debate.....

JordanN

Banned
"Is this how white people think slavery was/is like? "
7iicsib.png

With Resetera literally going extinct from not having babies, they are now getting even more aggressive towards a certain demographic.
Now they target Star Wars because it's space slavery is not the same as earth slavery.

Don't these morons know everyone in Star Wars is an alien?

"Is this how white people think slavery was/is like? "
7iicsib.png

With Resetera literally going extinct from not having babies, they are now getting even more aggressive towards a certain demographic.
Now they target Star Wars because it's space slavery is not the same as earth slavery.

Don't these morons know everyone in Star Wars is an alien?
Will Cheebo lift xer lips to the horn of war and blow?

Star Wars' honor has been impinged.

Papa

Banned

from Nepenthe:

I thought Nepenthe was a dude. Did he change his mind?

ManaByte

Gold Member
lol what did ManaByte do to piss off the screechers? Posting here? Seems pretty chill to me.

It's the same group of posters. Bone used his FilmEra Discord to spam reports on me with the goal of getting perm'd. ZeroVGM is just a nutcase.

The rest are the MCU Era crowd led by The Kree..

I was in The Kree's MCU Discord and the day I posted last September that Spider-Man in Far From Home would have a red/black costume (and posted concept art), The Kree deleted all those comments and banned me.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So these last 2 weeks of crazy started when South Park did the macho man strong woman parody right before trans awareness week/day or something???

This has been the most entertainment since the secret pedo discord got leaked

I really doubt Trey and Matt even knew there was a trans awareness week.

nush

So these last 2 weeks of crazy started when South Park did the macho man strong woman parody right before trans awareness week/day or something???

This has been the most entertainment since the secret pedo discord got leaked

Yup, that was the exact spark. As soon as the episode dropped we had popcorn ready.

This was my home, and these were my people, and without this forum I would have nowhere else to go. The outside internet is a horrible and inhospitable place.

Demonizing the entire Internet and claiming they are literally the only place they have.....
If this was anywhere off the Internet, it would be the textbook definition of a cult. But because it is the Internet, it goes completely unnoticed. I don't really know how better to define what a cult is than something like this.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Not to be a dick but what is with all this “without this forum I wouldn’t have anywhere else to go” and “the outside internet is an inhospitable place” and “we are all that we have” whackness?

lol you really have nowhere else to go? It’s an Internet forum fuckin website wtf are you talking about? And the “outside internet”, what does that even mean and how can it be inhospitable? Everything other than Era is really that much beneath you guys?

Some of these people skipped making the kool aid and went straight to snorting fat railers of the shit

nush

Not to be a dick but what is with all this “without this forum I wouldn’t have anywhere else to go” and “the outside internet is an inhospitable place” and “we are all that we have” whackness?

lol you really have nowhere else to go? It’s an Internet forum fuckin website wtf are you talking about? And the “outside internet”, what does that even mean and how can it be inhospitable? Everything other than Era is really that much beneath you guys?

Some of these people skipped making the kool aid and went straight to snorting fat railers of the shit
161.jpg

from Nepenthe:

Yeah, this one left me breathless. Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. I truly do not mean to belittle the fact that different people respond to various stimuli in varying ways, and I don't doubt Nepenthe's sincerity that she hasn't been having a great week. But I cannot not point out here that if being a black woman as well as a video game forum moderator creates an intersectional scenario in one's mind in which they are having one of the hardest weeks in their life, then I have to reckon that their life is very, very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom