• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, that Black Chamber dude should just walk away from Era now and let them flounder around. Maybe he can get in with @Komatsu on the GAF OT, because he's absolutely going to get banned regardless of whatever he does. If not right after the OT goes up then down the road for not bending the knee. Unbelievable, when it 'everyone' not enough? 🤔

If you don’t or no longer have a reee account and want to talk with BlackChamber. This is his Twitter: https://twitter.com/black_chamber_?s=21

I personally think the man deserves to be invited. He means no harm, does no ill and yet Era wants to fuck him over whatever it takes, just go and look at the thread.

He’s legit and not a CDPR employee undercover. Just hyped for his dream game. I’m sure he appreciates a community that welcomes him and shares the love for CP’77. Era doesn’t deserve him and I’m 💯 sure our own Cyberpunk thread gets better.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
BlackChamber should just place all of the antagonists on ignore and never mention it. He doesn't owe them a response and they'll never, ever be satisfied. He adds value to Cerium's site by spending an inordinate amount of time to popularize and discuss a video game, a thread that no doubt has probably paid some bills from ad views alone, and in return the mods sit idly by doing nothing while a bunch of miserable assholes dogpile on him. Some like Hobbes and whatever-his-name is transparently attempting to ban bait.

What a bunch of cock suckers, seriously.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
Whoa just looked in that thread and they are really piling on black chamber. I still don’t really feel bad for him because he can easily say you know what, I’m out.....but it’s ridiculous how it’s allowed for them to gang up on him like that. Can’t wait to see what the OT looks like.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
meanwhile 48 pages into the CdPr ArE TrAnSpHoBiC" thread:

O2QWvSR.jpg

lol Kyuu et all have spent 48 pages bitching about the rest of Era and have put ZERO effort into actually helping link to trans charities in their own thread

i mean you can't make this up. these people are slacker bullies just using this issue to boss people around. they don't give a shit about directing resources or helping or anything.

48 pages with no threadmarks or organizations to donate to in the OP. just a bunch of pointless toxic bitching. AND KEEP IN MIND OP IS PLAYING THE GAME ANYWAYS.

Kyuu wants all the clout from bitching about this game and has done nothing to organize the outrage he has fostered to actually help trans organizations. what a fucking phoney.

Last edited:

Salz01

Just read the post about the ban baiting, they should all get banned for doing it. They aren’t raising awareness just shilling for their own personal agendas. Can somebody pay him to make the ot here? Not there. I can’t believe it. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to that site.

mr.dilya

Banned
If you don’t or no longer have a reee account and want to talk with BlackChamber. This is his Twitter: https://twitter.com/black_chamber_?s=21

I personally think the man deserves to be invited. He means no harm, does no ill and yet Era wants to fuck him over whatever it takes, just go and look at the thread.

He’s legit and not a CDPR employee undercover. Just hyped for his dream game. I’m sure he appreciates a community that welcomes him and shares the love for CP’77. Era doesn’t deserve him and I’m 💯 sure our own Cyberpunk thread gets better.

word, someone PM him there and invite him over.

Ymir

Just read the post about the ban baiting, they should all get banned for doing it. They aren’t raising awareness just shilling for their own personal agendas. Can somebody pay him to make the ot here? Not there. I can’t believe it. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to that site.
It's an even bigger slap in the face when their defacto leader is now excited for the game and going to play it on release.

Forsythia

EoaUvsuVoAA1SBv

Era posters. Same bust, same penis, different waistline. Kyuji has basically made that forum unbearable for a lot of people for the last six months and now just plays the game, lmao. I think Black Chamber should make a counter offer, I will put a disclaimer if you all aree to not play the game. Treat it with the same importance it gets from those concerned.

Of course they make a chick with a dick. But unlike most of us, they seriously think they're recreating themselves. 🤣

Kadayi

Banned

Don't do Era (I knew it was a bust when I saw their original moderator suggestions) and I don't really do Twitter either, plus beyond the fact that it seems likely that they're going to get banned I know nothing about this person, so I'm reluctant to engage with them as they might have beef with GAF. We have a pretty active community that's grown considerably over the last few years since the exodus. More people who are positive about gaming as a medium would be great, but they have to arrive here of their own accord I feel (though feel free to reach out to Black Chamber yourself). I have every expectation that the GAF CP OT will be great regardless as pretty much everyone (aside from Doom Patrol) is hyped for it.

graywolf323

This is probably the most embarassing part of this entire story so far. Trying to bait a normal user who's shown solidarity with the trans community into either stop talking about Cyberpunk altogether or make an even bigger fuss of something that, frankly, is only really perceived on Era. The fact that a lot of site VIPs are involved in the witch hunt with no consequence is truly disgusting.

someone asked about why the mods don't shut this down and it's because they largely agree with it, I mean you can see SweetNicole who is a former ADMIN participating

Era was supposedly founded on fair application of rules & not showing favoritism, that only lasted a few months at most before it started morphing into what GAF had become in 2016/2017

as a result we now have in 2020 where you have people flagrantly abusing the TOS and getting away with it because they're part of a protected class & even getting people banned just because they don't like them (e.g. marzoo)

honestly I think the forum is going to implode, you can see the frustration mounting from average users in CP2077 threads with the mounting bans for "dismissing concerns around transphobia" despite the fact the posts are anything but

edit: if CP2077 doesn't kill Era, Harry Potter almost certainly will

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Surely there are better ways they can help with contributing to trans causes other then screeching about a paragraph no one will read about a non issue being added to a gaming thread on a video game forum. It’s like these people never take a step back and just look at what they are complaining about for a minute.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Surely there are better ways they can help with contributing to trans causes other then screeching about a paragraph no one will read about a non issue being added to a gaming thread on a video game forum. It’s like these people never take a step back and just look at what they are complaining about for a minute.
the actual thread on trans issues that is permanently pinned to the top of the site has zero resources for charities or where to donate in the OP. they don't care. this is all about control. these people are totalitarians.

lol now they are accusing the game of being racist. hey, when you first witch hunt doesn't succeed try, try again.

didn't most of the Asians leave last year? i recall a disasterous "Asian summit". on second thought, was that all about some Cyberpunk controversy as well? bunch of woke Twittertards accusing the genre itself of being racist?

or was it a spin off from some Neppy thread about how racism is solely a white thing and racism only exists in Asian countries because the noble savages learned it from the white man?

Last edited:

They still don’t have the balls to permanently ban the topic.

Ymir

Funny the admins admit that Black Chamber has always been on board and has talked about in the past but I'll bet none of the manchild troons get banned over melting down again over nothing. Also shameful the admins/mods couldn't be bothered to actually managed the board, literally their only job. I think this shows troon will forever be top of the oppression hierarchy, no other group has even come close. White male troon is now the most oppressed class ever.

jvwFojo.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Does this fool type by periodically smashing their head into a keyboard?

kyussman

Hey,BlackChamber if you are reading this and having a hard time coming up with a banner text for the OT concerning the "issues" around the game,I've put together something you could use if you want to,here goes :

Hi everyone,I'm the OT creator and I've been bullied into putting this banner into the OT by some of this sites bigger social misfits and attention whores.These members have decided that based off a joke tweet some years ago and a poster featured in the game showing a lady with a big metal penis that CDPR are in some way a transphobic company and are literally responsible for the deaths of countless trans people across the globe.

I've also been asked to single out the trans members on the site and tell them they are welcome in the OT because they seem to think they are all so very special that everyone else needs to know they are here.

Needless to say,I think all this trans talk about CDPR is horseshit and I see no evidence that the company is transphobic at all.....but hey,lets all play the game and find out for ourselves.

Enjoy the game everyone!

cormack12

Gold Member
so does this dipshit think Black Chamber made the game? Beth is saying it is "your product" to Black Chamber.

why is this lunatic able to bully the original poster off his own discussion by accusing him of a ridiculous thing that is not true?

7nup8TJ.jpg

Someone started a fake news cycle that Black Chamber was a marketing mouthpiece for CDPR basically.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
HAh now they are hiding in their prioritised stickiethread all commiserating over how “Everyone is welcome” is hate speech

If you want to discuss this game you cannot. If you want to shit talk other posters from a safe space have at it. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
someone asked about why the mods don't shut this down and it's because they largely agree with it, I mean you can see SweetNicole who is a former ADMIN participating

Era was supposedly founded on fair application of rules & not showing favoritism, that only lasted a few months at most before it started morphing into what GAF had become in 2016/2017

as a result we now have in 2020 where you have people flagrantly abusing the TOS and getting away with it because they're part of a protected class & even getting people banned just because they don't like them (e.g. marzoo)

honestly I think the forum is going to implode, you can see the frustration mounting from average users in CP2077 threads with the mounting bans for "dismissing concerns around transphobia" despite the fact the posts are anything but

edit: if CP2077 doesn't kill Era, Harry Potter almost certainly will

At this point, I wouldn't even mind. I spent a lot of time and energy trying to improve the place. It has all been in vain. I see it now. The same issues that were there in 2017 are still there, just worse. This entire 2020 for Era was a shitshow: they managed to piss off minorities, they managed to chase off various gaming communities, staff are openly insulting the userbase, they pushed away insiders and developers and stood behind pathological liars instead. Right now, the VIP users are no longer content with having all discussion guidelines dictated by them with those who don't agree getting permabanned. No, they want users who are not speaking up on the issue to choose a side, repeatedly trying to bait them into saying the slightest wrong word to try and get banned. If you're not actively promoting their views in every post, you're a MAGA-lover racist transphobic piece of trash. I'm definitely left-leaning and I've been called/implied such multiple times simply because I don't necessarily agree with a political/social/gaming outrage.

Me and other users fought against this, did our best to call out these behaviours and worsening mob mentality. Staff did nothing, in fact they actively participated in said mob. At this point, if the entire site fucking blows up, I don't care. Let it burn. The decent folks from it can be found on Discords, on GAF, on Twitter, etc. anyway. The site has long outlived its purpose and intention.

lmimmfn

At this point, I wouldn't even mind. I spent a lot of time and energy trying to improve the place. It has all been in vain. I see it now. The same issues that were there in 2017 are still there, just worse. This entire 2020 for Era was a shitshow: they managed to piss off minorities, they managed to chase off various gaming communities, staff are openly insulting the userbase, they pushed away insiders and developers and stood behind pathological liars instead. Right now, the VIP users are no longer content with having all discussion guidelines dictated by them with those who don't agree getting permabanned. No, they want users who are not speaking up on the issue to choose a side, repeatedly trying to bait them into saying the slightest wrong word to try and get banned. If you're not actively promoting their views in every post, you're a MAGA-lover racist transphobic piece of trash. I'm definitely left-leaning and I've been called/implied such multiple times simply because I don't necessarily agree with a political/social/gaming outrage.

Me and other users fought against this, did our best to call out these behaviours and worsening mob mentality. Staff did nothing, in fact they actively participated in said mob. At this point, if the entire site fucking blows up, I don't care. Let it burn. The decent folks from it can be found on Discords, on GAF, on Twitter, etc. anyway. The site has long outlived its purpose and intention.
All the nut jobs that were ruining this place back in the day are running the show there, its no wonder its a laughable shithole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom