• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dries

djfPXDg.jpg

So from what Hobbes has played so far the ads are just there, and that’s about it?

“ALL THAT TRANSPHOBIA (an ad) WAS JUST THERE.”

imagine if a holographic dong would burst out of the poster and slap you in the face every time you walk by :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

Hugare

I don't understand it either, you have all genders on the advertisements in the game being exploited or sexualized and you don't see people flipping out over those, I'm open-minded and apart of the trans community myself and I think most of them are outrageous, I wanted to ask over on that other place what the big deal was over the advertisement or that female cosplayer who dressed up as a character in the game.. It's just cosplay.. who cares...

Even people getting butthurt over the twitter jokes from CDPR, I don't feel personally attacked.. I think when you start bullying or trying to be a special snowflake like some of them are being.. it's just causes more harm than good.. I'm against violence and I stand for equality for everyone but feeling like victims from a videogame company.. it's just too much for me.. and I don't even see what the big deal is with some of their issues they bring up... (ie: the manticore ad, etc)

I like this place cause you can have a voice and have disagreements while being civil...
Exactly! All genders are being sexualized in game

You have advertisements all over the game with cis women and men and trans women and men ... So what's the big deal?

In reality, it's all because of that social media smartass that tweeted some gamer gate shit back then using CDPR's account (dude was fired, btw). Some people will never get over it and will want to see CDPR fail.

Glad to know that you are part of the community and think that they are overreacting.

I'm not LGBT, but I also think that this overreaction causes more harm then good to their causes.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

TVexperto

can’t believe admin said to not talk about bans when marzoo got banned but admins are allowing it now in the stickied thread. never seen so much whining

Hugare

It's fucking sad how in every new page there's a post from Kyuuji about transphobia (he was the OP of that topic about transphobia). Basically, self promotting her own topic.

Everyone discussing about the game, then suddenly, "remember transphobia?"

Same people discussing there daily, but you have to remember the same users, daily, about that topic that you made

It reeks of someome seeking for attention, and its so goddamn sad.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol banshee taking a break from spamming CCP friendly threads in off topic to threaten leaving in gaming hahahah you are whitewashing an actual genocide you fucking hypocrite

Bogey

Banned
Rarely have I enjoyed resetera as much as today.

Damn, this place is a goldmine for psychiatrists, some people genuinely need professional help.

.. And yet, it's just so strangely entertaining. Like a group of toddlers throwing a joint tantrum - and those toddlers actually trying to run the entire show.

Revenge

It's fucking sad how in every new page there's a post from Kyuuji about transphobia (he was the OP of that topic about transphobia). Basically, self promotting her own topic.

Everyone discussing about the game, then suddenly, "remember transphobia?"

Same people discussing there daily, but you have to remember the same users, daily, about that topic that you made

It reeks of someome seeking for attention, and its so goddamn sad.

That is so fuckin true. I think they feel important and with power. They can do anything and they won't get banned, because if ResetEra ban's them, then ResetEra will be acused of being Transphobic.

----------------------------------------

More ban's incoming lol

5JM8HJl.png

Bogey

Banned
To never have anyone disagree with them at all.

That's not enough though. Not replying at all is clearly offensive to their precious little souls as well.

Every post most be proactively responded to with a clear "AMEN, COMRADE" within at most 5 minutes. Everything else would be highly triggering.

graywolf323

Vestan ban got prolonged to 1 week.
what complete & utter bullshit

If the staff of era had half of a spine between all of them, they would treat blatant ban baiting like they are supposed to do for port begging and throw bans. It would at least be a step to stop the shit show.

they won't, look at what they did to Vestan, the ban in the first place was ridiculous but extending it from 3 days to 1 week? that was the admins making it clear they SUPPORT this insanity

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

They get a pinned post, they get free reign to shit post free from threat of banning, they get preferred treatment over the general posters but yet they insist they are being made to feel unwelcome. WHAT THE FUCK. God damn what is wrong with them? How fucking delusional.....hmm....that is a rabbit hole that is best not to get into I suppose....
But still, how the hell are they allowed to act so persecuted without being called out?

Hugare

If the staff of era had half of a spine between all of them, they would treat blatant ban baiting like they are supposed to do for port begging and throw bans. It would at least be a step to stop the shit show.
And risk of being called as transphobes and etc.?

They wont touch those users with a long pole

Ymir

LOL they're not going to leave, they want too much attention for that

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME HEY LOOK AT ME, HEY HEY HEY HEY LOOK ME ME ME ME ME GUYS HEY LOOK HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME GUYS LOOK LOOK

They'll keep doing this for their virtual hugs like exhaustedwalrus and then change their mind in the 11th hour because they just mean too much to the people of this community :messenger_crying:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
LOL they're not going to leave, they want too much attention for that

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME HEY LOOK AT ME, HEY HEY HEY HEY LOOK ME ME ME ME ME GUYS HEY LOOK HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME GUYS LOOK LOOK

They'll keep doing this for their virtual hugs like exhaustedwalrus and then change their mind in the 11th hour because they just mean too much to the people of this community :messenger_crying:
mentals to the mods

What would it take for these people to "feel safe" on an online videogame forum?

vdYVjZq.jpg
All I can think of when seeing this is that Tyler the Creator tweet about cyber bullying.

I am genuinely going to be so sad when Cyberpunk is out and these crazies find some other non-issue transphobia to bitch and moan about.

Hugare

Those spineless fuckers will eventually ban every Cyberpunk thread (except the one about transphobia, of course)

That's the endgoal of all those shitposters there right now. Blatantly obvious at this point.

But until then, its been fun seeing them losing their cool over users praising Black Chamber lol

People are getting MAD

Last edited:

Electret

This is it, folks. This is the result of constantly backing yourself into a corner by always catering to the most whiny, petulant, narcissistic, egotistical, and vindictive of ERA.

And now they've placed themselves into an impossible position: Do they continue to cater to the ever increasingly insane and absolute demands of this contingent, and as a result hemorrhage the rest of the normal userbase that simply wants a...you know, discussion forum? Or do they finally put their foot down, restore some sanity, and tell the loonies to STFU or piss off, but sacrifice their reputation as a "safe space" for the marginalized?

Tune in next time to find out! This might the most entertaining watching ERA from a distance has ever been, and I feel like we might actually be approaching the endgame for that forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom