• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see all the usual hateclick 'articles' pop up on release day from the likes of VICE, RPS and Kotaku. It'll be a glorious shitshow and one I can't wait to behold.

tenor.gif

Going to be funny to see all their articles drowned out by all the hype & people enjoying the game/sharing content. Reset are going to lose their minds if this game gets a high review score.

I noticed Polygon posted an article and I have basically seen nobody really talking about it or bringing it up. The 'outrage' just doesn't exist like Reset wants it too, mostly because there isn't even anything there. I did find that Polygon article funny though, they called it 'edgelord marketing'. I really think most people that have problems with the game don't understand what the Cyberpunk genre even is.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Hey Buggy, been a while. You’re totally welcome here. Look, what Reset thinks doesn’t have anything to do with the truth of what something is. They believe Joe Rogan, the most popular podcaster in the world and a liberal besides, is an evil alt-right Nazi who they “don’t provide a platform for.” They’re crazy people and it’s not a problem that will ever be resolved because it’s top-down with the mods and admins, and bottom-up with the users drawn to that kind of environment. Sanity is deeply problematic over there.

I allow diversity of opinion on GAF but not extremism, hatred, or racism. Fun is allowed. Normal, sane rules for people who aren’t mentally ill activists. Having different viewpoints in a melting pot is the basis of a good discussion forum.

Hi Tyler. Of course I know since the beginning of Era that what they think of this place has little to do with reality, it’s a way to feel being above something, and they transitioned to almost every topic to feel like they are above the entirety of the internet.

I was not too active in the past years because I was back to university for a degree in electrical engineering, so I missed most of the craziness, but lately, especially with Cyberpunk, I don’t feel like I’m the kind of poster for Resetera at this point. There’s no possible discussions to be had, because they smash the report button whatever you ask/say, you can only asslick.

So yeah, I think I’ll main here. It’ll be a re-adaptation I think still, I forgot that it can be pretty abrasive here compared to « watered down, walk in a line or get banned » resetera. But i prefer discussions with all kinds of peoples that are not afraid to say what they think.

I had to step away from the Cyberpunk threads for my sanity. There is still plenty of of gold out there in the OT.

T1OSMy7.jpg

LOV76zS.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

One is a Bread/Soup line, the other is you making a wild ass assumption. Just because the grocery store sometimes runs out of toilet paper does not make it a depression.

Also, humans can eat a car. Been done more than once. Pretty sure someone ate an airplane also.

Last edited:
I want to feel bad for Black Chamber, but right now it's his fault. He's apologizing to people who say "Fuck you" "fuck off" etc. to him and he's like ok, I'm sorry. Have some fucking dignity. Just leave. But if he won't leave, them it's very hard to feel sorry for him
After all these insults and belittlings I thought he’d maybe quit but nahhh. He doesn’t even try to defend himself. Poor dude.

HotPocket69

Banned
I had to step away from the Cyberpunk threads for my sanity. There is still plenty of of gold out there in the OT.

T1OSMy7.jpg

LOV76zS.jpg

One is a Bread/Soup line, the other is you making a wild ass assumption. Just because the grocery store sometimes runs out of toilet paper does not make it a depression.

Also, humans can eat a car. Been done more than once. Pretty sure someone ate an airplane also.

Awwww sweetie pie wants his FREE MONEY NAO

MsrR0Sq.jpg

Ymir

I want to feel bad for Black Chamber, but right now it's his fault. He's apologizing to people who say "Fuck you" "fuck off" etc. to him and he's like ok, I'm sorry. Have some fucking dignity. Just leave. But if he won't leave, them it's very hard to feel sorry for him
Yeah, I don't really feel bad for him. If you're ok with being treated like that then that's your own bed to lie in. This isn't the first time this has happened for this game either.

FunkMiller

It's deeply disturbing that people are so dependent on membership of an online forum that they'll basically debase themselves to remain included. I don't know about any of you, but if I got banned from GAF tomorrow, I'd be sad because I like posting here, but I'd move on with my life pretty quickly and forget about it. I truly don't think some of those people on ResetEra have much of a life beyond it - at least not in terms of social interaction. It's no surprise to me that Reeee has become leaps and bounds worse over the covid pandemic. Folks like Black Chamber are probably trapped in a cycle of self loathing and doubt because they depend on Reee for something they really, really shouldn't. None of this is mentally healthy. I'm pretty sure a lot of Reee posters (and maybe a few here as well to be fair) would benefit from stepping away from the keyboard and doing something else...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Look at this novel length epic bitch fest

same user jumped into the trans thread to promote his word vomit

that thread is just a slowly forming lynch mob of bullies with ever growing chips on their shoulders

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Haha he closes it off with a sarcastic “Everyone is welcome 100%”

to them that is the god damn Heil Hitler salute these whiny fucking babies

Last edited:
My theory stands 🤣

What a deranged and sad little man.
Jesus christ cdpr broke that man.

Yeah, I don't really feel bad for him. If you're ok with being treated like that then that's your own bed to lie in. This isn't the first time this has happened for this game either.

At this point why is he even trying? Game still hasn’t released and OT is still not up.

If the situation is like this now imagine how it’ll be the day OT goes up. It’ll be 10 times worse than now.

You want to enjoy the game and talk about it? Why even bother to do so in Era? It’ll get shitposted till the end of day and you have to pretend.

Good god why would you take your free time to make an OT for a site that allows all kinds of nasty shit to be said about you and does nothing about it?
People are mocking him, insulting him, shitting up his thread and memeing him to death. Toxic af.

What happens at the end you may ask? Claven gets banned only 1 week after all those nasty posts and everybody else who even dares to speak up gets permanent.

Why would CDPR want a PR plant on ResetEra 😂

ttb5mZ8.jpg
Jesus. The trolls are try harding now. Era just ban Chamber and be done with it at this point, you’ll be doing him a favor.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
The achievements are fucking hilarious here, got a "Sucking up to the boss" because Tyler reacted to my post haha. Humour?
What's that feeling? I'm used that we must all feel depressed, suicidal or threatened

T1OSMy7.jpg

LOV76zS.jpg

The average cost of those cars in that picture would be a 10 year salary's worth in some countries, hell, these trucks are pretty much an american only phenomena, keeping a fucking Dodge Ram for a 2-seater and a bed that looks like it was never used more than for groceries, for sure must cost a fortune in gas for little in return. The greatest of depressions.. They nailed it :messenger_darts:

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi Tyler. Of course I know since the beginning of Era that what they think of this place has little to do with reality, it’s a way to feel being above something, and they transitioned to almost every topic to feel like they are above the entirety of the internet.

I was not too active in the past years because I was back to university for a degree in electrical engineering, so I missed most of the craziness, but lately, especially with Cyberpunk, I don’t feel like I’m the kind of poster for Resetera at this point. There’s no possible discussions to be had, because they smash the report button whatever you ask/say, you can only asslick.

So yeah, I think I’ll main here. It’ll be a re-adaptation I think still, I forgot that it can be pretty abrasive here compared to « watered down, walk in a line or get banned » resetera. But i prefer discussions with all kinds of peoples that are not afraid to say what they think.

Glad to hear it, and nice work going EE.

GAF’s a bit like Deadwood circa 1877, but that’s a feature, not a bug. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Gabe, who got banned for "downplaying racism" wanted me to share this with you guys:

"So, as i was fearing, today i woke up to a less than nice surprise.
The "downplaying racism" reason of my ban is already - in a suspiciously fast manner, i might add - creeping into my professional life. The potential of that happening is why i was so taken aback by the ban yesterday, and i apologize if was a little snarky or upset in the chat.
Basically i now have a scarlett letter on my forehead saying that i'm racist.
It's not superbad YET, don't misunderstand me, but i already got a couple of unexpected remarks and i think it's a pretty dangerous position given how quick things can escalate once these things start brewing.
I was also already made aware of private conversation celebrating my ban and the reason blurb, i honestly didn't think some people wanted my head so badly.

Keep in mind that being a verified member means that quite a few know who i am and were i work, so it's not just a ban on a stupid throwaway account, it has ramifications.

If you've read my posts, you know i wasn't downplaying anything. I can't even begin to think how it could have been interpreted that way.
Several Asian people were and still are, in fact, batting for me on the forum and appreciating that i went out of my way to research the particular topic by speaking directly with their communities. You can see the same thing happening in the comments of that "resetera takes" twitter account. I don't feel that i wronged anyone, and i know there was no malice behind anything i did. To be 200% sure i wasn't misrepresenting anything i even recorded the entire conference call i had with that particular asian community.

Some even spun it into me "wanting to silence minorities voices" for criticizing a certain written article, i don't know what the logic process is. But it DID NOT just criticize to shut down the conversation or without offering an alternative idea. I don't blame people for not knowing because it happened via private messages, and i certainly don't expect Kyuuji to come in my defense. But i did in fact offer her (Kyuuji) a platform and ideas that were in my opinion a more constructive way to boost the trans community signal.
She thanked me but had to gracefully decline for personal reasons.

I don't have a crazy "reach" online, i never in my life looked for clout or made clickbait tweets and such. Even the few times i wanted to leak something, i passed it to small websites and blogs without asking for credit like i did with the Damian Wayne Batman game or the FF7R. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to my profession because i always stuck to working on printed magazines.
I don't care about popularity. I live a normal, quiet, life and i'm happy that way.
Even the plethora of messages i received for the Canavero interview published on Kotaku prior to MGSV launch was something that i could barely handle.

In my spare time i work (and this is the most ironic part of my ban and what makes that reason tag inssuferable) in the field of minority integration in my community. On an unrelated note, i also design, print and build prothethics for dogs.
I'm not a bad guy, i fucking promise.

Now, i'm not "expecting" anyone to be my champion nor do i want to incite a mob to form and make any sort of outrageous revolution - i know some hot heads might want to turn this into some sort of weapon against certain communities and PLEASE DON'T, i was never out for blood nor am i now. And i certainly don't want a pity party. Feel superfree to ignore all of this if you don't care.

But, in the offchance that you do care, i am gonna ask you to reach out to your discord communities, or other forums that you might be part of, or even on resetera itself and make the people and/or the admins aware of this. "Boost my signal" if you will. I'm not doing this in order to have "a ban on a forum reversed". I honestly couldn't care less about the ban itself. But that history tag saying that i was "downplaying racism" is vile and false, it's starting to creep into my personal life and i'd like that to be stopped right away, before it gets out of hand. Nuke my account from orbit if you have to, so the people that reported me will still have my head and possibly be satisfied.

Thank you for your time and apologies for the wall of text and/or eventual typos...i'm a little stressed.
Gabe."

Last edited by a moderator:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
It's deeply disturbing that people are so dependent on membership of an online forum that they'll basically debase themselves to remain included. I don't know about any of you, but if I got banned from GAF tomorrow, I'd be sad because I like posting here, but I'd move on with my life pretty quickly and forget about it. I truly don't think some of those people on ResetEra have much of a life beyond it - at least not in terms of social interaction. It's no surprise to me that Reeee has become leaps and bounds worse over the covid pandemic. Folks like Black Chamber are probably trapped in a cycle of self loathing and doubt because they depend on Reee for something they really, really shouldn't. None of this is mentally healthy. I'm pretty sure a lot of Reee posters (and maybe a few here as well to be fair) would benefit from stepping away from the keyboard and doing something else...

Absolutely. I think they take the forum far too seriously, and it can't be healthy. You know as someone with social anxiety I was worried about joining GAF but I told myself that if I wasn't enjoying it or felt uncomfortable/unwelcome I would just log out and not return. So far, I've been having fun after giving it a chance. Being dependent on an online forum cannot be good for you at all. It's why I don't use social media, people are far too worried about what others are doing and comparing themselves all the time.

The achievements are fucking hilarious here, got a "Sucking up to the boss" because Tyler reacted to my post haha. Humour?
What's that feeling? I'm used that we must all feel depressed, suicidal or threatened

The average cost of those cars in that picture would be a 10 year salary's worth in some countries, hell, these trucks are pretty much an american only phenomena, keeping a fucking Dodge Ram for a 2-seater and a bed that looks like it was never used more than for groceries, for sure must cost a fortune in gas for little in return. The greatest of depressions.. They nailed it :messenger_darts:

Yeah I chuckled when I got that achievement too, as well as others. It was a weird feeling. Like, what? Why is that kind of humor allowed? Feels wrong. Resetera trained me to be super fucking terrified and careful with every post, and that video game discussion should be SUPER serious. And when I disagreed with someone, or it went against the mob thread consensus I'd have to spend half an hour massaging and rephrasing my post, out of fear of being banned for a manufactured reason. The only allowed humorous was that in which members sycophantically kiss their own asses or based on some kind of virtue signalling. I never felt I could have a natural reaction to anything, and ended up posting like them most of the time just to fit in. Its a despicable, toxic, nasty place, and you see this materialize whenever there is even the slightest bit of contention about literally anything.

Dampf

Gabe, who got banned for "downplaying racism" wanted me to share this with you guys:

The "downplaying racism" reason of my ban is already - in a suspiciously fast manner, i might add - creeping into my professional life. The potential of that happening is why i was so taken aback by the ban yesterday, and i apologize if was a little snarky or upset in the chat.
It's not superbad YET, don't misunderstand me, but i already got a couple of unexpected remarks and i think it's a pretty dangerous position given how quick things can escalate once these things start brewing.
I was also already made aware of private conversation celebrating my ban and the reason blurb, i honestly didn't think some people wanted my head so badly.

Keep in mind that being a verified member means that quite a few know who i am and were i work, so it's not just a ban on a stupid throwaway account, it has ramifications.

If you've read my posts, you know i wasn't downplaying anything. I can't even begin to think how it could have been interpreted that way.
Several Asian people were and still are, in fact, batting for me on the forum and appreciating that i went out of my way to research the particular topic by speaking directly with their communities. You can see the same thing happening in the comments of that "resetera takes" twitter account. I don't feel that i wronged anyone, and i know there was no malice behind anything i did. To be 200% sure i wasn't misrepresenting anything i even recorded the entire conference call i had with that particular asian community.

Some even spun it into me "wanting to silence minorities voices" for criticizing a certain written article, i don't know what the logic process is. But it DID NOT just criticize to shut down the conversation or without offering an alternative idea. I don't blame people for not knowing because it happened via private messages, and i certainly don't expect Kyuuji to come in my defense. But i did in fact offer her (Kyuuji) a platform and ideas that were in my opinion a more constructive way to boost the trans community signal.

I don't have a crazy "reach" online, i never in my life looked for clout or made clickbait tweets and such. Even the few times i wanted to leak something, i passed it to small websites and blogs without asking for credit like i did with the Damian Wayne Batman game or the FF7R. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to my profession because i always stuck to working on printed magazines.
I don't care about popularity. I live a normal, quiet, life and i'm happy that way.
Even the plethora of messages i received for the Canavero interview published on Kotaku prior to MGSV launch was something that i could barely handle.

In my spare time i work (and this is the most ironic part of my ban and what makes that reason tag inssuferable) in the field of minority integration in my community. On an unrelated note, i also design, print and build prothethics for dogs.

Now, i'm not "expecting" anyone to be my champion nor do i want to incite a mob to form and make any sort of outrageous revolution - i know some hot heads might want to turn this into some sort of weapon against certain communities and PLEASE DON'T, i was never out for blood nor am i now. And i certainly don't want a pity party. Feel superfree to ignore all of this if you don't care.

But, in the offchance that you do care, i am gonna ask you to reach out to your discord communities, or other forums that you might be part of, or even on resetera itself and make the people and/or the admins aware of this. "Boost my signal" if you will. I'm not doing this in order to have "a ban on a forum reversed". I honestly couldn't care less about the ban itself. But that history tag saying that i was "downplaying racism" is vile and false, it's starting to creep into my personal life and i'd like that to be stopped right away, before it gets out of hand. Nuke my account from orbit if you have to, so the people that reported me will still have my head and possibly be satisfied.

Thank you for your time and apologies for the wall of text and/or eventual typos...i'm a little stressed.
Gabe."

Jesus christ, that place is just awful... Poor Gabe.

Era handles the terms transphobia and racism so losely, it's pretty insulting to the people actually experiencing that horrible stuff.

Last edited:

Dries

Gabe."

gabe, I don’t know if you’re reading this, but I’ve followed this discussion and it’s completely bonkers you got banned. Just by actively doing research on these topics is, according to ERA, the exact same as dismissing everything.

“You’re not allowed to do your own research, you should just have the same opinion as us!”

FunkMiller

Gabe."

Insane. The Japanese hold the katana as a very special part of their culture, history and identity. It's the symbol of bushido, the tenet and philosophy of the Japanese culture stemming back hundreds, if not thousands of years. To proclaim that the use of the katana by a Japanese character in a video game is racist is absolutely laughable. Katanas are cool. Japanese people are cool. Japanese people with katanas are super cool.

Gabe... mate... you've had your perception completely warped by your time on Ree. Don't ever go back.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
HERE COMES THE BAN HAMMER for making way too much sense

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
HERE COMES THE BAN HAMMER for making way too much sense

VXh2Fmt.jpg

The soft-headed twat deserves that place.

Ymir

"Please, for my sake, do not give them and inch. They have clearly taken a mile."

For his sake? Is this a cishet that dares appropriate himself the trans community's issues?

What fucking inch or mile has been taken? The mods are basically sniping headshots on anyone that dares discussion with these peoples.

giphy.gif
LOL, I feel like this moron has done some other performative stuff but can't remember it off the top of my head. He so desperately wants attention or at the very least a friend.

graywolf323

I don’t get why people aren’t calling out Mcspooks blatant and constant trolling, but I guess it would be ‘transphobic’ to call out a troll who trolling as trans.

I've seen at least one poster that did so & promptly got permabanned, I think they even edited the post to remove the call out

#Phonepunk#

Banned
When he mentioned vagina options he went to “deep” hahah I’m sorry that is no real woman who said that hahah what a fucking phoney

cormack12

Gold Member
So they've screeched about cdpr for months. How they're not going to buy the game. Now they are going to buy the game and actively go in the OT. These people have no life other than to patrol a fucking internet post and take offence at everything.

Thaedolus

I read Gabe's post. He was totally trying to downplay racism and deserved a ban for that. If he doesn't want to have his career at stake, don't downplay racism

This shit is fighting words for anyone that earns a living. When you’re ready to take food off the table of someone who’s likely got a family that depends on them over an online disagreement over what constitutes racism, you’re fucking insane. It’s about as close to actual violence as you can get, and for what? A good faith attempt to address a disagreement? Because you’re so fragile that tweet made in poor taste has you literally shaking?

It’s truly bizzaro world over there

Hey Blinkin

I can't imagine being so miserable all the time as members on that forum seem to be.

I don't disagree with wanting to make sure games are accessible to as many as possible, but that forum doesn't really want that.

They're a forum of Jerry's who only want everyone to feel sorry for them while recognizing how great they are for suffering whatever bullshit they've decided to bitch about that given day.

I left there because every game discussion devolved into a concern trolling echo chamber.

I hope they stay there and the industry ignores them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom