• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE COMES THE BAN HAMMER for making way too much sense

This post makes more sense when you consider the fact their whole site was created off the back of baseless accusations and zero evidence. Shoot first, don't ask questions because questions are for Nazi's and the "alt-right"

Era's whole game is just blindly shouting out "BIGOT" and getting people who they don't agree with cancelled. It comes as no shock to me that they're now going for each other's throats.

Ionian

The guy who does TheQuartering said the other day that he hired that guy right after he was fired so he wouldn't be jobless.

He did but the guy then turned down the job after more harassment. At least at the time, might have hired him again?

Forsythia

I do not know if I'll play CP2077 this Thursday, or watch Resetera implode. They're absolutely insane. 🤣 If the forum somehow survives, I expect it to go supernova when that Harry Potter RPG releases. And these people wonder why they're the laughing stock on the internet.

Dorohedoro

More than that, they outright admitted they're an alt account:
QNmqtLk.png

The "original" TransEra conversation was in November 2019:

Yet, Banshee mcspook only registered in February 2020:
AJiDnLW.png

fCSRvzz.png

UD6wF2G.png

mm1SUue.jpg

kyussman

There are many idiots in that Cyberpunk thread but I swear the clowns that are saying they will buy the game but donate to a trans charity wind me up nearly more than anyone else.
I mean for fuck sake have the courage of your convictions....if you believe the transphobia bullshit then don't buy the game.
Oh,no...you'll just give some money to a charity to even things up,lol.....I presume if you are in the US these are the same charities helping fuck with the development of young children in the name of trans rights....yea,good job.Morons!

Daffy Duck

Who is Gabe? Says their a journalist but don’t know who they are, seems like it’s getting really out of hand

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There are many idiots in that Cyberpunk thread but I swear the clowns that are saying they will buy the game but donate to a trans charity wind me up nearly more than anyone else.
I mean for fuck sake have the courage of your convictions....if you believe the transphobia bullshit then don't buy the game.
Oh,no...you'll just give some money to a charity to even things up,lol.....I presume if you are in the US these are the same charities helping fuck with the development of young children in the name of trans rights....yea,good job.Morons!
the same dipshits complain about the Catholic church, an organization which feeds more homeless people in a single year than all of the woke companies combined. in fact if you look into who actually helps the most disadvantaged, the church probably feeds and clothes and shelters more marginalized people than any other organization on Earth. they run shelters. they run orphanages. they run hospitals. they provide tangible help to actual third world people in distress.

yet they have endless hatred for it.

that's because THEY :messenger_clapping: DONT :messenger_clapping:ACTUALLY :messenger_clapping:CARE :messenger_clapping:ABOUT :messenger_clapping: PEOPLE :messenger_clapping:

Last edited:

wvnative

I STILLLLLLLL cannot figure out WHY they think the game is transphopic...

Can someone sum it up for me in normal people terms?

FunkMiller

the same dipshits complain about the Catholic church, an organization which feeds more homeless people in a single year than all of the woke companies combined. in fact if you look into who actually helps the most disadvantaged, the church probably feeds and clothes and shelters more marginalized people than any other organization on Earth. they run shelters. they run orphanages. they run hospitals. they provide tangible help to actual third world people in distress.

that's because THEY :messenger_clapping: DONT :messenger_clapping:ACTUALLY :messenger_clapping:CARE :messenger_clapping:ABOUT :messenger_clapping: PEOPLE :messenger_clapping:

Hmmm. While the church does indeed perform these activities, and should be lauded for them, it also causes damage to many people (and cultures and communities) in many different ways. The church (of any denomination or religion you choose really) can best be described as an institution with its good points and bad - largely dependent on your own circumstances and viewpoint, of course. The key point being that criticism of the church can be valid, and shouldn’t really be used as a stick to bash people at Reee with - especially when there are so many more obvious subject matters that they are completely unreasonable about to bash them with instead 😋

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hmmm. While the church does indeed perform these activities, and should be lauded for them, it also causes damage to many people (and cultures and communities) in many different ways. The church (of any denomination or religion you choose really) can best be described as an institution with its good points and bad - largely dependent on your own circumstances, of course. The key point being that criticism of the church can be valid.
i mean, it can be criticized, if you offer anything of substance. you can't really just say "it also causes damage to many people (and cultures and communities) in many different ways" without any examples, which you did here. are my examples of orpanages and hospitals and feeding/clothing the homeless year after year for millenia cancelled out by whatever you are talking about? the Catholic church does 4 billion a year in charity work, please spare me the sob stories of "damaging cultures" lol secular culture does that to a far bigger extent.

Last edited:

Kayhan

I don't understand why ResetEra staff is letting a blindingly obvious troll (caught redhanded) like Banshee mcspook make fools of all of them. Have some self respect.

Banshee mcspook is blatantly trying to rekt the forum and they are just letting it happen. Don't they remember gaming forum history?

More than that, they outright admitted they're an alt account:
QNmqtLk.png

The "original" TransEra conversation was in November 2019:

Yet, Banshee mcspook only registered in February 2020:
AJiDnLW.png

Last edited:
I don't understand why ResetEra staff is letting a blindingly obvious troll (caught redhanded) like Banshee mcspook make fools of all of them. Have some self respect.

Banshee mcspook is blatantly trying to rekt the forum and they are just letting it happen. Don't they remember gaming forum history?
It pushes their narrative, as long as they screech trans rights on their gaming board, the mods are all for it.

mr.dilya

Banned

lol nah man. They also rape a lot of kids and hide and protect the perpetrators. Fuck the Catholic Church.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Gabe, who got banned for "downplaying racism" wanted me to share this with you guys:

"So, as i was fearing, today i woke up to a less than nice surprise.
The "downplaying racism" reason of my ban is already - in a suspiciously fast manner, i might add - creeping into my professional life. The potential of that happening is why i was so taken aback by the ban yesterday, and i apologize if was a little snarky or upset in the chat.
Basically i now have a scarlett letter on my forehead saying that i'm racist.
It's not superbad YET, don't misunderstand me, but i already got a couple of unexpected remarks and i think it's a pretty dangerous position given how quick things can escalate once these things start brewing.
I was also already made aware of private conversation celebrating my ban and the reason blurb, i honestly didn't think some people wanted my head so badly.

Keep in mind that being a verified member means that quite a few know who i am and were i work, so it's not just a ban on a stupid throwaway account, it has ramifications.

If you've read my posts, you know i wasn't downplaying anything. I can't even begin to think how it could have been interpreted that way.
Several Asian people were and still are, in fact, batting for me on the forum and appreciating that i went out of my way to research the particular topic by speaking directly with their communities. You can see the same thing happening in the comments of that "resetera takes" twitter account. I don't feel that i wronged anyone, and i know there was no malice behind anything i did. To be 200% sure i wasn't misrepresenting anything i even recorded the entire conference call i had with that particular asian community.

Some even spun it into me "wanting to silence minorities voices" for criticizing a certain written article, i don't know what the logic process is. But it DID NOT just criticize to shut down the conversation or without offering an alternative idea. I don't blame people for not knowing because it happened via private messages, and i certainly don't expect Kyuuji to come in my defense. But i did in fact offer her (Kyuuji) a platform and ideas that were in my opinion a more constructive way to boost the trans community signal.
She thanked me but had to gracefully decline for personal reasons.

I don't have a crazy "reach" online, i never in my life looked for clout or made clickbait tweets and such. Even the few times i wanted to leak something, i passed it to small websites and blogs without asking for credit like i did with the Damian Wayne Batman game or the FF7R. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to my profession because i always stuck to working on printed magazines.
I don't care about popularity. I live a normal, quiet, life and i'm happy that way.
Even the plethora of messages i received for the Canavero interview published on Kotaku prior to MGSV launch was something that i could barely handle.

In my spare time i work (and this is the most ironic part of my ban and what makes that reason tag inssuferable) in the field of minority integration in my community. On an unrelated note, i also design, print and build prothethics for dogs.
I'm not a bad guy, i fucking promise.

Now, i'm not "expecting" anyone to be my champion nor do i want to incite a mob to form and make any sort of outrageous revolution - i know some hot heads might want to turn this into some sort of weapon against certain communities and PLEASE DON'T, i was never out for blood nor am i now. And i certainly don't want a pity party. Feel superfree to ignore all of this if you don't care.

But, in the offchance that you do care, i am gonna ask you to reach out to your discord communities, or other forums that you might be part of, or even on resetera itself and make the people and/or the admins aware of this. "Boost my signal" if you will. I'm not doing this in order to have "a ban on a forum reversed". I honestly couldn't care less about the ban itself. But that history tag saying that i was "downplaying racism" is vile and false, it's starting to creep into my personal life and i'd like that to be stopped right away, before it gets out of hand. Nuke my account from orbit if you have to, so the people that reported me will still have my head and possibly be satisfied.

Thank you for your time and apologies for the wall of text and/or eventual typos...i'm a little stressed.
Gabe."

someone tried to share this and got banned for it and now they are all just calling Gabe a racist over and over

0IaeaqV.jpg

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

The game is a dystopian hell interpretation of a possible future right?

• So it shows ads that are hyper sexualized, man, woman and trans included. Pretty much an extension of what we ALREADY see today in modern culture. Nobody is spared. (While cornering possible Trans era members who accept sexualization? Probably some of them even on onlyfans, they're basically telling them that it's vile, quite the supportive and accepting community)
  • There's also a poster of some cyberpunk celebrity where we can see a dick shape in their pants, Manticore. In real-life, then a woman cosplayed that character and all hell broke loose. With Kyuuji's feelings on Eddie Redmayne's acting as a trans somehow also wrong, because a woman cosplaying a trans character is apparently a no-no. (But what about gender fluidity? Ah fuck it, i know nothing about that person, but let's cancel her)
  • Also, the character selection where you can be a trans character, you have to choose a male or female voice, but of course, with millions of lines to record, in 10 languages, they kept the pronouns locked to the voice type, and did not do a matrix of 9x5 possible pronouns for all different trans pronouns. Big disapointment there.
That's pretty much it i believe.

HotPocket69

Banned

You know, like a troll

Blatantly obvious 🤣

When he mentioned vagina options he went to “deep” hahah I’m sorry that is no real woman who said that hahah what a fucking phoney

Nah, tbh only a guy would fantasize about a vag being deep and puffy. It’s so blatantly trolling imo.

Kinda reminds me of that bag of sand meme about titties.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol nah man. They also rape a lot of kids and hide and protect the perpetrators. Fuck the Catholic Church.
stop with this fake news. you have to compare it to secular schools for context. it is FACT that secular public schools have a higher rate of cases. ~4% for priests vs 5-7% of secular teachers.

The media contributes to the public misconceptions of Catholic priest sexual abuse. The media has been fixated on Catholic priests ever since states began to release individual reports of sexual abuse within the church. However, the media fails to put the Catholic priest abuse scandal in context. The U.S. Department of Education found that 5% to7% of public school teachers engage in sexual abuse of children per year. In addition, a small scale study found that 4% of Anglican priests had sexually abused minors in western Canada and other religious leaders and clerics engage in this type of behavior as well. Despite a higher offender rate among public school teachers and similar offender rates in other religions, the media’s incessant coverage of the Catholic priest scandal leads to the public misconception that Catholic priests are responsible for a majority of child sexual abuse cases, when this simply is not true. Sexual abuse offenders are not limited to one specific profession or type of religion. Any person in any potential job, position, or lifestyle has the potential of being a sexual abuse offender.

just curious, how many of those public schools are also housing and feeding the homeless, running orphanages, food/blood drives, etc.? think any public teachers are building homes in Africa? they are burning down their Starbucks and instagramming it live for peer approval.

but im going to drop this now cos it's an off topic tangent that seems to have me arguing with people who have adopted distorted MSM talking points.

just please stop and read about the issue before you regurgitate talking points that actually help secular rape culture by indulging in the anti-religious bigotry of mainstream society.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
If i was CDPR, i would wait 1 week after the game's launch, and then make an official statement with a patch saying "We're sorry to have hurt the trans community, today we remove the problematic content as it was not our intentions to hurt anyone"

When they're probably 40+ hours into the game as a trans character, poof, gone, with a prompt to select a male/female gender. Let the game become what 99% of AAA games do, no representation. They tried, they got shit on, ok, let's remove all of it. They would fucking scream bloody murder and censorship if it would happen. That's the thing, they're all excited to play the game, even Kyuuji.

@DonJorginho

Lmao! What was that?
Questionable values? xD
NJR8UJ1.jpg

The only thing left for me to do is to page @DonJorginho and, if indeed they're the same person, courteously invite him to explain himself and detail those " questionable values" CDPR supposedly have.

Because If you claim CDPR have "questionable values", surely you'd be willing to, huh, be questioned, no?

Cheers.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

stop with this fake news. you have to compare it to secular schools for context. it is FACT that secular public schools have a higher rate of cases. ~4% for priests vs 5-7% of secular teachers.

The media contributes to the public misconceptions of Catholic priest sexual abuse. The media has been fixated on Catholic priests ever since states began to release individual reports of sexual abuse within the church. However, the media fails to put the Catholic priest abuse scandal in context. The U.S. Department of Education found that 5% to7% of public school teachers engage in sexual abuse of children per year. In addition, a small scale study found that 4% of Anglican priests had sexually abused minors in western Canada and other religious leaders and clerics engage in this type of behavior as well. Despite a higher offender rate among public school teachers and similar offender rates in other religions, the media’s incessant coverage of the Catholic priest scandal leads to the public misconception that Catholic priests are responsible for a majority of child sexual abuse cases, when this simply is not true. Sexual abuse offenders are not limited to one specific profession or type of religion. Any person in any potential job, position, or lifestyle has the potential of being a sexual abuse offender.

just curious, how many of those public schools are also housing and feeding the homeless, running orphanages, food/blood drives, etc.? think any public teachers are building homes in Africa? they are burning down their Starbucks and instagramming it live for peer approval.

but im going to drop this now cos it's an off topic tangent that seems to have me arguing with people who have adopted distorted MSM talking points.

just please stop and read about the issue before you regurgitate talking points that actually help secular rape culture by indulging in the anti-religious bigotry of mainstream society.

Dude. Don’t hijack our fun ripping ResetEra a new one for being dumb for pushing their agendas... by pushing your own pro religious agenda. Save it for elsewhere, eh? There’s a Christian thread somewhere...

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

I love ERA and I love posting there, but they do love to eat their own.

I’m part of the LGBTQ community and I wholeheartedly support the trans community... I’m over Rowling over her disgusting transphobic comments; I applaud Elliot Page for his bravery.

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree. I’ve read their issues with the game and I just don’t see it. I mean, those Twitter posts... that I do understand... the assume my gender post, the use of that hashtag... yes, they’re disgusting and in bad taste and the people got fired. That doesn’t make the whole company transphobic.

And many people feel the same way... but can’t say anything without getting banned for downplaying the issue.

So to appease a couple of users they sticky that thread, put up warning posts on every CP thread, and are now forcing the OT creator to include something when there’s already going to be a huge red staff post on every page of that thread.

But the problem with appeasing them is that they will never be satisfied... some ERA members thrive on being the victims and now want the OT creator to be changed and who knows what else.

But despite it all, I remain a stalwart ally and won’t let a few users change my love and feelings towards the trans community.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to vent somewhere... say what I’m not allowed to post elsewhere if I want to keep my account.

Last edited:

wvnative

The game is a dystopian hell interpretation of a possible future right?

• So it shows ads that are hyper sexualized, man, woman and trans included. Pretty much an extension of what we ALREADY see today in modern culture. Nobody is spared. (While cornering possible Trans era members who accept sexualization? Probably some of them even on onlyfans, they're basically telling them that it's vile, quite the supportive and accepting community)
  • There's also a poster of some cyberpunk celebrity where we can see a dick shape in their pants, Manticore. In real-life, then a woman cosplayed that character and all hell broke loose. With Kyuuji's feelings on Eddie Redmayne's acting as a trans somehow also wrong, because a woman cosplaying a trans character is apparently a no-no. (But what about gender fluidity? Ah fuck it, i know nothing about that person, but let's cancel her)
  • Also, the character selection where you can be a trans character, you have to choose a male or female voice, but of course, with millions of lines to record, in 10 languages, they kept the pronouns locked to the voice type, and did not do a matrix of 9x5 possible pronouns for all different trans pronouns. Big disapointment there.
That's pretty much it i believe.

I cannot imagine, even if i were trans or any other minority, having time and energy to worry about this shit. Why is any of this an iss-

Never mind, I know why. They're lives are too easy

Topher

Gold Member

It doesn't really matter. Any group can find something to be offended about and often they have legit complaints. The trans community on resetera, however, have a totalitarian grip on discourse. Their interpretation of any phrase or word typed into a comment is law. There is a thread out there somewhere on resetera with a thread title accusing JK Rowling of literally murdering transgenders with her comments and tweets. A member called that title "a little hyperbolic". Banned outright. A person is not even allowed to discuss the characterization of an issue. Doing so is automatically "downplaying" and is a ban-worthy offense.

To sum up, on resetera the language used must follow the approved tone, language, and cadence of its overlords. The slightest deviation is met with severe punishment.

I’m part of the LGBTQ community and I wholeheartedly support the trans community... I’m over Rowling over her disgusting transphobic comments; I applaud Elliot Page for his bravery.

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree.

And many people feel the same way... but can’t say anything without getting banned for downplaying the issue.

So to appease a couple of users they sticky that thread, put up warning posts on every CP thread, and are now forcing the OT creator to include something when there’s already going to be a huge red staff post on every page of that thread.

But the problem with appeasing them is that they will never be satisfied... some ERA members thrive on being the victims and now want the OT creator to be changed and who knows what else.

But despite it all, I remain a stalwart ally and won’t let a few users change my love and feelings towards the trans community.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to vent somewhere... say what I’m not allowed to post elsewhere if I want to keep my account.

How do you feel about trolls like The Mcspook character? Doesn’t people like so much more harm than good? I would definitely think so anyway. It’s like throwing a good ol wrench in the system.

DeviantBoi

How do you feel about trolls like The Mcspook character? Doesn’t people like so much more harm than good? I would definitely think so anyway. It’s like throwing a good ol wrench in the system.
Don’t know the guy nor what he posted.

I love to post there, but I stay away from the drama.

Hell, I’d love to stay away from the CDPR drama and just talk about the game, but they keep shoving it in my face on every page.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree.

You mention your love, but rush to preface your post with one of the prerequisite people you need to performatively hate in order to be a Good Person and fit in over there. Something seem off about that to you?

JK Rowling isn't a transphobe and hating her over her comments is ridiculous.

Don’t know the guy nor what he posted.

I love to post there, but I stay away from the drama.

Hell, I’d love to stay away from the CDPR drama and just talk about the game, but they keep shoving it in my face on every page.

I don’t read many of the CP threads because it’s so tiresome but he is frequent in all those ‘trans issue threads’ he also made a thread asking people if they used uwu anime speak irl, among other ridiculous posts and so on.

Yeah I used he even though profile says female but I am pretty 95% certain it’s a guy that’s trolling.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Era is a safe space? Why do they keep on saying this? People are getting banned left right and centre, but those antagonistic members of transEra walk free because they are immune. If it’s so problematic for them then just put every thread on CP2077/CDPR on ignore so you don’t see it and ban all members who talk about the game so you don’t have to be “fearful” of your life.

It’s funny, I thought Era was supposed to be a place for everyone, seems it’s now just a place that trans people should be allowed to use and every other person can just GTFO.

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

You mention your love, but rush to preface your post with one of the prerequisite people you need to performatively hate in order to be a Good Person and fit in over there. Something seem off about that to you?

No, man. She’s a transphobe and she’s wrong. And no one needs to tell me that I should hate her... I’ve read what she’s said and it’s disgusting and wrong... and that’s a conclusion that I arrived on my own.

And I posted that because that’s the difference with calling CDPR transphobic... I’ve read the problems the community has with them and I don’t see it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They fucked up when they didn’t just ban discussion of Cyberpunk.

95% of my problem with Era continues to be that they masquerade as a “gaming forum” because they lack the stones to just turn it outright into a “social justice in nerd culture” forum.

I can accept that people hold extreme opinions on the internet and that they congregate together. That’s a reasonable expectation for the internet as a whole and nothing I do or say will ever, ever change that.

What I can’t accept is creating a situation where seemingly innocent people get banned because they think the forum is one thing when it’s actually another. Like how does anyone blame any poster for getting excited about Cyberpunk on a gaming forum?

Instead you have to magically know every up to the minute quirk and outrage of the day in advance otherwise you’ll catch a ban.

ivan.k

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree. I’ve read their issues with the game and I just don’t see it. I mean, those Twitter posts... that I do understand... the assume my gender post, the use of that hashtag... yes, they’re disgusting and in bad taste and the people got fired. That doesn’t make the whole company transphobic.

What's thansphobic about Rowling comments? That only women menstruate? She said the truth

Last edited:

Didn’t want to derail the thread so I avoided commenting but I’m happy you’ve said this<3 Rowling is not transphobic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom