• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmimmfn

Hell, I’d love to stay away from the CDPR drama and just talk about the game, but they keep shoving it in my face on every page.
Of course they keep shoving it in your face, they hate gamers, "gamers are the worst" as the love posting there. Its not a gaming forum.
I would never invest time in an online community where youre constantly walking on eggshells and if you try and avoid its its thrown in your face so youve no choice but to be constantly reminded of the madness and unable to post for fear of wrongthink.

That place is not healthy.

kyussman

I love ERA and I love posting there, but they do love to eat their own.

I’m part of the LGBTQ community and I wholeheartedly support the trans community... I’m over Rowling over her disgusting transphobic comments; I applaud Elliot Page for his bravery.

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree. I’ve read their issues with the game and I just don’t see it. I mean, those Twitter posts... that I do understand... the assume my gender post, the use of that hashtag... yes, they’re disgusting and in bad taste and the people got fired. That doesn’t make the whole company transphobic.

And many people feel the same way... but can’t say anything without getting banned for downplaying the issue.

So to appease a couple of users they sticky that thread, put up warning posts on every CP thread, and are now forcing the OT creator to include something when there’s already going to be a huge red staff post on every page of that thread.

But the problem with appeasing them is that they will never be satisfied... some ERA members thrive on being the victims and now want the OT creator to be changed and who knows what else.

But despite it all, I remain a stalwart ally and won’t let a few users change my love and feelings towards the trans community.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to vent somewhere... say what I’m not allowed to post elsewhere if I want to keep my account.
Fucking sad state of affairs that you had to come here to say this.....anyway,good luck to you!

FunkMiller

No, man. She’s a transphobe and she’s wrong. And no one needs to tell me that I should hate her... I’ve read what she’s said and it’s disgusting and wrong... and that’s a conclusion that I arrived on my own.

And I posted that because that’s the difference with calling CDPR transphobic... I’ve read the problems the community has with them and I don’t see it.

No, she is not transphobic. She’s raised a valid concern over how those seeking transgender treatment are handled from a mental health point of view, and expressed concerns felt by many women regarding the use of their spaces. But instead of engaging like adults, and attempting to reach a happy compromise for all, the trans community call her and other women nazis for voicing their opinions.

If someone feels a successful woman voicing her concerns in a calm, rational manner makes her ‘disgusting’ they’re a misogynist.

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

No, she is not transphobic. She’s raised a valid concern over how those seeking transgender treatment are handled from a mental health point of view, and expressed concerns felt by many women regarding the use of their spaces.
Don’t agree with that.

And that’s okay... I didn’t come here to change anyone’s mind on this subject.

I came to talk about the game and vent a little.

Ionian

The tweet was just a joke. Social media managers crack jokes all the time. In response they launched a cancel campaign against the guy, he had to go into hiding with his family, and they eventually succeeded in getting him fired. Reset admin Hecht organized the cancel campaign, doxxed him, and then applied for the guy’s job.

They’re the scum of the earth.

The fact that he got the guy fired and his family harassed and then bragged about it on Twitter, yet still remained an admin says it all.

It was all public.

He was right when he said the site provides content for others. Just not the content he thought.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I’m part of the LGBTQ community and I wholeheartedly support the trans community... I’m over Rowling over her disgusting transphobic comments; I applaud Elliot Page for his bravery.

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree. I’ve read their issues with the game and I just don’t see it. I mean, those Twitter posts... that I do understand... the assume my gender post, the use of that hashtag... yes, they’re disgusting and in bad taste and the people got fired. That doesn’t make the whole company transphobic.

And many people feel the same way... but can’t say anything without getting banned for downplaying the issue.

So to appease a couple of users they sticky that thread, put up warning posts on every CP thread, and are now forcing the OT creator to include something when there’s already going to be a huge red staff post on every page of that thread.

But the problem with appeasing them is that they will never be satisfied... some ERA members thrive on being the victims and now want the OT creator to be changed and who knows what else.

But despite it all, I remain a stalwart ally and won’t let a few users change my love and feelings towards the trans community.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to vent somewhere... say what I’m not allowed to post elsewhere if I want to keep my account.
With all due respect, how can you claim to love posting on there when you even admit speaking your mind would get you banned in this instance? Personally, it wasn't until I was banned that I realized just how miserable I was over there due to feeling like I was walking on eggshells with almost every single post I made.

If i was CDPR, i would wait 1 week after the game's launch, and then make an official statement with a patch saying "We're sorry to have hurt the trans community, today we remove the problematic content as it was not our intentions to hurt anyone"

Cowardice is not a virtue.

Apologizing and behaving as though you did something wrong when you didn't is in fact deeply immoral.

It is especially egregious if carried out in puerile fashion, as in "CDPR [should] wait a week" to perform an action you're defending as just. If you really think that would be the right thing for CDPR to do, why on Earth would you advise them to wait a week?

There isn't a single action by anyone in an official CDPR capacity that can legitimately be described as transphobic, spanning Tweets and the poster in question.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Transphobia is not a thing. It is a madness from white males wanting to steal back oppression points by pretending to be women. I’m sorry anyone who uses the term TERF against a woman is a piece of shit toxic man who refuses to take a solid look at themselves

This goes double for all the little millennial shits that have made entire careers off her work and are now stabbing her in the back. Daniel Radcliffe you would not be a famous millionaire without this real woman. STFU

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

With all due respect, how can you claim to love posting on there when you even admit speaking your mind would get you banned in this instance? Personally, it wasn't until I was banned that I realized just how miserable I was over there due to feeling like I was walking on eggshells with almost every single post I made.
Cause I don’t need to walk on eggshells for the most part.

I’ve already been banned twice in the Tara Reade thread for expressing my doubts on the accusation and suggesting that Bernie might be behind it (turns out it wasn’t him, but someone in his camp).

Thats about the only issue I’ve had with the moderation over there.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yesterday I was watching tv and Old Navy had Ru Paul in every single commercial. Y’all trannies make a fraction of a percent of the population and are way over represented in media. This is why I’m sick of this shit. If I only saw a tranny once every six years then it would match reality! All the whining about being victimized rings 100% hollow when you are the most dominant prized mascot for global capitalism.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Yesterday I was watching tv and Old Navy had Ru Paul in every single commercial. Y’all trannies make a fraction of a percent of the population and are way over represented in media. This is why I’m sick of this shit. If I only saw a tranny once every six years then it would match reality! All the whining about being victimized rings 100% hollow when you are the most dominant prized mascot for global capitalism.

Fuck me. Ru Paul is a drag queen, not trans 🙄

Also ‘tranny’ makes you a bigoted fuck (not all that surprised)... so off you go to ignore land.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Transphobia is not a thing. It is a madness from white males wanting to steal back oppression points by pretending to be women. I’m sorry anyone who uses the term TERF against a woman is a piece of shit toxic man who refuses to take a solid look at themselves

This goes double for all the little millennial shits that have made entire careers off her work and are now stabbing her in the back.

Hatred against trans people certainly exists and doesn't have a place in civil society.

The whole TERF thing is madness though. For example, when a shelter for raped women -- an absolutely necessary safe space -- was vandalized with various threats of violence (!) for not allowing biological men inside:

The same logic is used against JK Rowling. Any pretense of owning the moral high ground goes down the drain in an instant.

Yup, I've had it with that place. I was BANNED from the US election thread for posting an exit poll (the election thread on here seemed a lot better), now there's this complete meltdown on CDPR . These people are unbearable.

It's actually really fascinating to watch this in real time, from a sociological perspective. You have non-trans people elbowing their way in to beg for validation from the trans community, the type that would shout down anyone who disagrees with them (even trans folk). Seems a prime manifestation of the prividge they so disdain really. Like, you can't just support trans rights, you have to be so performative about it and make it all about yourself.

Dorohedoro

SvMPuxl.png

Got Queen Beth's approval. +500 woke points.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol in an effort to outsource outrage they quoted this Twitter SJW who yells "Stop sucking off billionaires" in between Tweets celebrating Baby Yoda and Steven Speilberg

9E09g8h.jpg

CzlQFh7.jpg

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Also ‘tranny’ makes you a bigoted fuck (not all that surprised)... so off you go to ignore land.
ah yes the person who calls me a bigot for not distinguishing between a man who dresses like a woman and a man who dresses like a woman and uses specific pronouns and who also claims the catholic church rapes more people than secular schools despite me showing hard evidence to the contrary, which you won't even look at, because your bias has already been decided. wow what a loss not talking to you will be.

Last edited:

I’m part of the LGBTQ community and I wholeheartedly support the trans community... I’m over Rowling over her disgusting transphobic comments;

Her comments are not disgusting and do not qualify as transphobic in any legitimate way. People who never tire to assert the alleged tarnspbocic nature of her remarks never explain themselves. Apparently they don't know what constitutes a phobia , in general, and transphobia in particular.

But It is revelatory that you'd use such an emotionally-charged adjective when settling a rational dispute.

I applaud Elliot Page for his bravery.

Good on you.

But CDPR being painted with a broad brushstroke and calling them transphobic? I don’t see that and I don’t agree. I’ve read their issues with the game and I just don’t see it. I mean, those Twitter posts... that I do understand... the assume my gender post, the use of that hashtag... yes, they’re disgusting and in bad taste and the people got fired.

Oh, I see now now.

"Bad taste". Apparently, the "Trans community" now has an official position on matters of taste! Who belongs to this alleged "trans community"? How many? What percentage of the global trans population?

When you have answers to these extremely basic questions let me know. Any pretence that an argument is right simply because "the Trans community" allegedly stands behind it is an Appeal to Popularity logical fallacy.

And, just so you know, fallacious arguments are invalid.

That doesn’t make the whole company transphobic.

It is highly questionable whether anyone should have been fired. If the claim is assets, Tweets or posters, should be removed if someone somewhere claims to be offended, I can certainly claim my left brain hemisphere was offended by your post. Will you remove it? No? Why the self-serving double standards?

They are merely extending ad absurdum the collectivistic logic you endorse when you speak of the "Tans community".

Eternity appreciates your sacrifices.

No, man. She’s a transphobe

She doesn't qualify as one. Ergo, she isn't one.

and she’s wrong.

Somehow all your eloquence doesn't persuade me.

And no one needs to tell me that I should hate her...

Because you already do that voluntarily?

I’ve read what she’s said and it’s disgusting and wrong... and that’s a conclusion that I arrived on my own.

Yes and I can see you reached that conclusion based off on impeccable objectivity and flawless logic, through rational arguments you can go into detail.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
SvMPuxl.png

Got Queen Beth's approval. +500 woke points.
People got to get thicker skin and worry about themselves and not what random internet say because when you open the flood gates to social media youre also opening it to reading all the comments you don't like

And by the looks of it, people take negative comments more to heart than positive ones.

Someone can have a Twitter or YT account and a post of theirs is 90% good vibes. Yet the person will feel like shit because 10% hated what they said or made fun of it. Nothing like viewing a cool YT video, you check the comments and there's sporadic "Fuck you!" messages here and there. Or there's a video you'd think every person on earth would upvote because it's a cool positive video, but some reason there's 1000 people who downvote it.

Got to look in the mirror and cut that stuff out if it bugs you that much, since there's no magic filter that only shows the happy comments.

A problem too is that some people have this thinking everyone is out to get them. Majority of people are not and don't and are indifferent. It looks like they don't care. And they probably don't. But it's not because they hate you. They just got other things to worry about.... like their own life, job and family.

So for all these whiners asking why people don't show them attention, well, they got other things to worry about aside from random people looking for attention.

It's like work, and one of my retired peers who lead a sales team. There was this one person who was literally about 50 years old and felt like shit unless my friend reinforced her with positive messages. And if she didn't (hell, she's got other things to do and another 10 people reporting to her, and she reported to the VP), that woman would feel down and out like nobody cared.

Its not that nobody cares. It's just that people have other things to do too, and the expectation is all us veteran employees just keep doing what were doing so our departments run smooth. OK, maybe if we were new grads we might need guidance and pats on the back because they're new, but if you're in the workforce for probably 25 years and still feel on edge because a boss doesn't say youre doing good every month, its more about changing yourself than expecting everyone else to change.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

ah yes the person who calls me a bigot and also claims the catholic church rapes more people than secular schools despite me showing hard evidence to the contrary, which you won't even look at, because your bias has already been decided.

yes i will be ignoring you as well.

That wasn’t me dipshit. Now... definitely you go onto ignore.

Cause I don’t need to walk on eggshells for the most part.

I’ve already been banned twice in the Tara Reade thread for expressing my doubts on the accusation and suggesting that Bernie might be behind it (turns out it wasn’t him, but someone in his camp).

Thats about the only issue I’ve had with the moderation over there.
I still can't see how that can sit right with you though, you have still had to come to another board to post about how you actually feel about something for fear of being banned. Doesn't feel like a particularly welcoming place if you can't speak your mind about asinine things like video games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
exactly. priorities. ive been waiting for 30 years for public health insurance and now i have cancer and am nearly 40 but hey i will have to wait for fucking trannies who want to cut off their kid's dick and balls first before i can get medicare access
Ya.

Hey, call me boring or money grubbing, but here' my priorities today, which I'm going to start after this message:

1. Work from home for about an hour as I have stuff to prep for tomorrow and I don't want to procrastinate after dinner
2. Go grab lunch somewhere in the middle of the afternoon
3. Clean my kitchen
4. Watch the 4 pm NFL games
5. After dinner, read up and get some stock picks ready as I might pull the trigger on various shit like MFGP, Door Dash, and some other ones

Zero transgender topics on my list. Too bad.

Not that I don't care in a personal way, but my focus today is a combo of work, food, chores, football and scoping stocks.

Dries

I’m really curious if they’ll actually not allow black chamber to make the OT. AND if he’ll even stay after that. Guy’s been looking forward so much to share his OT with everyone.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its a form of projected self-hatred, cultural nihilism combined with consumer activist evangelism. these people have created a Satan called Toxic Masculinity that they blame for everything except the things they enjoy. yet they themselves are Males. they reject this identity, and thus, they are free to indulge in the classic Toxic Male behavior, bullying, belittling, tribalism, sex shaming, hate stoking, etc. because they have worked out this mental loophole in their minds, they think nothing they do could ever be male, so they act like the biggest most entitled assholes in the world. the lie that trans men are women is what gives them all their power.

in truth the anti-TERF crowd is anti-woman. ironically enough, they help the men's rights cause as well as rape culture and erasure of women's voices far more than their more demure, less authoritarian MRA counterparts ever could.

think about how many women are raped vs men. the numbers are astronomically different. 3% of men vs nearly 15% of women are raped in their lifetime. that is 5 times more likely to be raped if you are a woman.

yet trans activists want to wholly eliminate the distinction between the two! they want men to be prioritized over women. they want to deny statistic like this are true:

1_in_6_Women%20122016.png

just as well, REAL women are the only humans who can give birth to new humans. they are literally the only thing keeping our species from extinction. men cannot produce children. women alone can. for this duty, they pay dearly, giving of their bodies, often even their lives.

b4HJuoy.jpg

yes, the Black Woman who these activists are always claiming they are about, they want to eliminate their struggle, through acceptance of males as females. JK Rowling dares to say that these black women suffering for birth are real women and is punished for it. through this gender bending bullshit, they are enabling rape culture and whitewashing the actual suffering of women worldwide.

it is truly sickening. we have men who claim to be women who are now mad that a woman is dressing up like a man (the Chromanticore "controversy"). THE GAME'S ART DIRECTOR IS AN LGBT WOMAN. yet this is not enough. and most of the people screaming are men!

fucking hell. it makes no sense. im an old school feminist, i can grok that women have suffered historically for all this shit, that half the population of the world has been kept down for so long as there is still so far to go. after all, if the patriarchy is real, these distionctions are real. ARENT THEY? THEN WHY ARE YOU DEMANDING THEY ARE NOT??? yes, intersectional feminism says i am wrong. there is no difference. just saying that women produce babies is an outdated concept.

this new intersectional shit is utter bollocks.

intersectional feminism is a parasite.

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

Black Chamber and Vestan are pussies? They are attacked, and they even bend the knee, asking for a ban and an extended ban. Wtf?

2nmxBKX.png
And it was not enough for some people... they still don’t want black chamber to do the ot.

They’ll never be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom