• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
uDXApwi.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
imagine a forum where the first thing you have to state is "I'm a cis white male"
No kidding.

But with that forum, you got to sometimes do that "state your situation first" in order to get people off your back or get pity points. Or else someone will hastily grill or ban you.

As for that giant point that user did, as well as anyone else talking about trans people.

To be honest IMO, who gives a shit. If you put people in these special pedestals of pity, you're just enforcing the stereotype.

When I'm at the mall (well, when things were completely open pre-covid), a busy weekend and browsing stores and eating at the food court, someone can pass by 1,000s of shoppers, workers and the occasional tandem of security guards walking around.

To me, I've got things to do, and I've walked by probably 1,000 people the past hour. Whether they are straight, gay, trans, a wheelchair dude, old, young, who gives a shit. I mind my own business, and they mind their business.

And unless someone is that Gamestop No Maam guy, how is anyone even going to notice a trans person walking past them at the mall anyway? They're just another random person that just walked past you in 2 seconds and you'll never remember again.

If any non-trans person is spending all day trying to justify coddling trans people, and trans people spend all day expecting everyone else to give them some kind of special treatment, both groups got to get their act together and focus on your own family and situation. If someone is going to focusing their attention on other stuff, its going to lead to being miserable, even leading to posting it on forums.

Last edited:

ALIVE AND OKAY ARE ANTONYMS - PICK ONE

What a farnsgoth
Holy shit

"LOOK AT ME, I'M THE MOST MISERABLE PERSON HERE!"

EDIT: Another thing I always notice: How many people on Era pop pills to fight their "depression"? There's always a huge number of posts talking how they come from depression, how many meds they're taking. Or are they just trying to look as miserable as possible? Because if so, this is a fucking disgrace and a disrespect for people who actually fight depression every day.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
nv8Pjy9.jpg

I hate it when they misgender posters

XUi6L1V.jpg

Ban incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2.9876554, 2.9876553, 2.9876552...

benjipwns

Banned
There's always a huge number of posts talking how they come from depression, how many meds they're taking. Or are they just trying to look as miserable as possible? Because if so, this is a fucking disgrace and a disrespect for people who actually fight depression every day.
They know it's a competition, they might have to "prove" they're more depressed and more mentally ill to have higher position in the progressive stack. Being on more medication is a shorthand way to saying how messed up you are. Ignore that being on more pills might just be poor doctoring, like the guy (or gal or enpal) in that thread who says he was on so much Xanax he can't remember an entire semester. Which is pretty amazing considering Xanax only activates and lasts for less than an hour in most people.

benjipwns

Banned
Era won't survive another controversy like this with Harry Potter. All sane people will leave for other places
Some of my favorite posts are the ones saying "yes, we should ban Cyberpunk/Harry Potter/anything else and if the Trumper MAGA chuds who dislike it leave then we're stronger for it" because that sounds like a conversation that Cerium wouldn't at all be interested in having.

Bartski

Gold Member
absolutely hysterical meltdown unfolding, TransEra literally calling for a ban on any Cyberpunk and CDPR discussion on the forum triggered to fucking oblivion by evil cis people still somehow not willing to give a fuck and having the audacity try to and talk about the actual game in the only thread that still allows it... upcoming OT's OP dogpiled and outed as transphobe CDPR shill by publishing his PMs where he dares to question CDPRs anti-LGBT agenda... Just wow.

Saruhashi

Banned
At this rate I am going to have developed a popcorn addiction before the main event on December 10th.

Wonderful scenes over at ResetEra as they eat their own. Imagine trying to force another poster to post exactly what you demand. He said that the thread was open to all. That should be enough.

No sympathy for Black Chamber here anyway. If the dude wants to pander to these wankers then he'll just have to suffer the consequences.

Anyone with a spine would have told them to go fuck themselves and then move on over here. Where his threads would have been widely appreciated and not dragged down with silly bullshit.

All we need now is an very good Metacritic score and amazing sales data and the entertainment can continue.

Roll on December 10th.

Holy shit

"LOOK AT ME, I'M THE MOST MISERABLE PERSON HERE!"

EDIT: Another thing I always notice: How many people on Era pop pills to fight their "depression"? There's always a huge number of posts talking how they come from depression, how many meds they're taking. Or are they just trying to look as miserable as possible? Because if so, this is a fucking disgrace and a disrespect for people who actually fight depression every day.

As someone with actual depression, alcoholism and ocd. Who does in fact take medication daily - it ain’t a badge of honor, it’s just my situation. I’m an adult, I am responsible for my life and my happiness. I do what I can - does it always work? No. More often it doesn’t. But that fight is not your problem or anyone else’s it is my issue.

The people who post on resetera - I know a few people like that in real life. They are not your average LGBTQ member, they are not your average minority or leftist. The only coping mechanism those people know is anger, and if you take that away from them there is nothing left. Or that’s what they fear. Needless to say all people who trade mostly in martyrdom, self pity, and self-righteous anger need to take a very hard look at themselves if they want to create real change rather than forcing online gaming communities to bend to their world view. You can find very few things more inconsequential than using a gaming platform as your personal soapbox. If you truly feel CDPR are transphobic? Don’t buy the game and say what you gotta say about it one time and then move on - if you don’t, consider the others side, buy the game and move on. Plenty of trans people don’t believe this game to be transphobic - just a loud, vocal minority who claims to speak for the entire community of trans people does. And they will disregard any opinion that doesn’t fall exactly in line with theirs.

Truthfully these type of people (trans, white cis male, anyone who acts from this place) are losers. They are obviously in a lot of pain and feel that by inflicting their anger on other people they are fighting the righteous fight and can buy in to the myth that the world is black and white rather than many shades of grey. This will never materialize into something meaningful or good, it will just continue the cycle of hate. And these people want that because it feels good to have an antagonist. It feels good to build a narrative out of your life akin to a hero’s journey. This is why most join cults, religions, terrorist groups, etc. they are actively searching for the “bad guy” to fight against. They are looking for it so they don’t have to look too hard at themselves. It’s a classic human thing but some day I hope they recognize this is NOT the way to operate if you are genuinely seeking a better, more inclusive society.

Yikes. Well I guess that shows you are dealing with deeply damaged people on there. “Life is horrible, it’s everyone’s fault but mine, my life is worse than your life” Jesus grow up who are these guys? Are they actually adults or no? I’m starting to suspect these are a lot of people 18 and under.

As someone with actual depression, alcoholism and ocd. Who does in fact take medication daily - it ain’t a badge of honor, it’s just my situation. I’m an adult, I am responsible for my life and my happiness. I do what I can - does it always work? No. More often it doesn’t. But that fight is not your problem or anyone else’s it is my issue.

Well said. Going through similar issues but as you mentioned, it's my fight.

Last edited:
Trump losing and then running again in 4 years of nothing from Biden is going to be fucking hilarious to watch......hopefully we get game around the same time which is gonna trigger them all again

VN1X

Banned
he tells blackchamber to fuck off and doesnt get banned

this fucking place doesnt care about its own TOS

" Neither you or Black Chamber are the fucking victims here and FUCK YOU for even slightly, even having to gall to present yourselves as such in even the slyest of ways. "

WE ARE THE VICTIMS HERE! Hahahah cry me a fuckin river. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
'TransERA' is the absolute least marginalized members of that community. What drugs are these people on.

I would say probably, the most marginalized 'community' on ERA would be conservatives and republicans because they are just blatantly just banned without hesitation, 'cus bigot'.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

Another cis white male who's enjoying sucking trans dicks on his knees
Dude you need to screenshot that shit so we can save it for posterity. The amount of grovelling in this post is just astonishing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

kIGZEKg.png

Please ban me on the spot if I ever start talking like this btw.

EDIT: Sorry still catching up on yesterday's influx of pages. Keep up the great work everyone lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom