• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
S8oB7rx.jpg

What a meltdown, in a "video games" forum
It reminds me of TCaP's "The Undertaker"...

Raven117

Bwahaha, look at what happened to Tomo815 on pages 96 and 97. Comes in with some hype about the reviews and gets piled on for the fool he is by discussing games on a gaming forum. Amazing.

Ty_Lee

Neo Member
Gonna take your word for it - I never played TLoU2 after hearing how badly the story was butchered in other ways. (Also, fuck Neil Druckmann.)

That comment was just personal experience, mind, but I'd still wager that most depictions of LGBTs that isn't pure cringe is coming from smaller, more indie games rather than large dev houses.
oh yeah i agree with you, it's super hard to find good representation especially in more mainstream titles
"also, fuck Neil Druckmann" seconded lol

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The best written gay character in gaming is Bill from The Last of Us. When Joel describes his character, he only mentions that he's an asshole. If you didn't know by the end of that section, the sprinkles of info here and there on replay makes it easy to connect the dots.

Now storytelling has become "we are going to see Gay Bill. He is strong and brave and fearless. Did I mention he is gay?"

Calcium

Banned
Every community has a problem with toxicity.
I am a muslim and if you ask me we have a problem with toxicity but i don’t think it’s general issue for 2 billion of us.
Cancel the noice of radical and very vocal minorities in any diverse group and what you’ll get will be just normal people, trying their best to live their lives.

Yeah, I agree. I assumed in the context of the conversation it was clear I wasn't referring to the ENTIRE LGBT community, just the ones that take offense at everything.

Apologies for the quote bomb but I just have to say... I’ve been over on ResetEra for a while and even though I’m LGBT, I never felt like I fit in in any LGBT “spaces”, because they were always too extreme, too politically correct etc for me and I’ve never liked it at all, I don’t believe in censorship.

I saw this place mentioned a few times and it made me think that it would be some alt right place where LGBT people are constantly mocked and abused - that’s what Era would have you believe. Coming here now after what transpired and immediately seeing this defence for an overgeneralisation of LGBT people like me, who aren’t like those on ERA, it really warmed my heart, to the point I shed a tear. Thank you to all of you, for showing me that people do realise that not all LGBT people are like those on Era.

You're welcome here absolutely and I'm glad you've freed yourself from the insanity. I apologize if my last few posts offended, I was referring to crazier portion of the community.

ArsGoetia

Hi guys. Glad to be here. I have asked for my ResetERA account to be deleted.

I am a tolerant, liberal, left leaning guy. I don't care about skin colour, nationality, religious beliefs or sexuality, etc etc.

But for the first time ever I must admit I am a bigot.

Every single transgender person I have interacted with has been insufferable, self-absorbed, attention-seeking, unreasonable and downright fucking annoying.

And where is the only place I've ever "met" a transgender person? ResetERA.

Congrats ResetERA, you've made me a transphobe.

There needs to be a new word for the people like that over at TransEra.. but there are lots of good people that aren't like that <3

Topher

Gold Member
Bwahaha, look at what happened to Tomo815 on pages 96 and 97. Comes in with some hype about the reviews and gets piled on for the fool he is by discussing games on a gaming forum. Amazing.

The idiot mods redirected the review thread to the "CDPR is transphobic" thread and folks like Tomo815 are confused. Holy shit that place is run by loons. Tomo815 is probably about to be banned. It is unreal.

Astral Dog

Called it

JnAMm4.jpg
They couldn't come up with at least something a little colorful like, Cybervagina 2077 OT TRANSPHOBIC EDITION 🍆🏳️‍🌈🤬
Then put Black Chamber's Avatar on a cute dress 👗

COME ON they should at least go all the way where is their inner Gay

well at least I think it would be awesome 🥺

Last edited:
You're welcome here absolutely and I'm glad you've freed yourself from the insanity. I apologize if my last few posts offended, I was referring to crazier portion of the community.

Don’t worry I wasn’t offended by what you said, I don’t blame you for getting frustrated by the likes of Era and generalising out of annoyance at how ridiculous they are, sometimes they even make me feel like everyone else who is LGBT is like that :)

Komatsu

Every single transgender person I have interacted with has been insufferable, self-absorbed, attention-seeking, unreasonable and downright fucking annoying.

LGBTQ people are people and as such are no different than any other group of human beings - with the added caveat that they are a group that suffered physical and legal persecution in almost all countries till not too long ago. Trans people in particular suffer from physical aggression, mental health issues like suicide and drug abuse as well as social ills such as homelessness at higher percentages than the overall population, even in highly developed Western countries.

They are absolutely entitled to ask for better representation in the media. That's fine. I just object to a company that actually donated money to LGBT causes in Poland (a rather conservative country, mind you), with employees that go to the Warsaw Pride every single year, tarred as transphobic based on promotional stills.

Feel bad about this user trying to write something that makes sense only for vile people to attack him/her

You can say dumb and mean things as long as you are fighting the good fight!

Mods, could I please get a merge on my original account "Vire". It was on an old university email that I no longer have access to.

Very disappointed in the events that occurred today. I am open and happy to hear the plights of the trans community, but to simply block all discussion on the site in any capacity about the game is straight up draconian and bewildering. Two events are not mutually exclusive.

I mean you had to have seen this coming right? You’ll find a range of differing opinions on here. But there’s plenty of people on the left (myself included) who fight for the equality of transgender people and other minorities in actual real life - not on a gaming forum. In the real world. That site has been obviously toxic as a community for quite some time.

Raven117

Apologies for the quote bomb but I just have to say... I’ve been over on ResetEra for a while and even though I’m LGBT, I never felt like I fit in in any LGBT “spaces”, because they were always too extreme, too politically correct etc for me and I’ve never liked it at all, I don’t believe in censorship.

I saw this place mentioned a few times and it made me think that it would be some alt right place where LGBT people are constantly mocked and abused - that’s what Era would have you believe. Coming here now after what transpired and immediately seeing this defence for an overgeneralisation of LGBT people like me, who aren’t like those on ERA, it really warmed my heart, to the point I shed a tear. Thank you to all of you, for showing me that people do realise that not all LGBT people are like those on Era.
Welcome to Gaf amigo!

The idiot mods redirected the review thread to the "CDPR is transphobic" thread and folks like Tomo815 are confused. Holy shit that place is run by loons. Tomo815 is probably about to be banned. It is unrea
Dude just walked face first into a bear trap. Poor dude didn't know what hit him

Last edited:

Calcium

Banned
Hi guys. Glad to be here. I have asked for my ResetERA account to be deleted.

I am a tolerant, liberal, left leaning guy. I don't care about skin colour, nationality, religious beliefs or sexuality, etc etc.

But for the first time ever I must admit I am a bigot.

And where is the only place I've ever "met" a transgender person? ResetERA.

Congrats ResetERA, you've made me a transphobe.

Where ResetERA has hundreds of insufferable trans people, we have Ailynn Ailynn who very well may be the nicest person on this site. I often wonder why she puts up with us.

Ionian

Those messages against Shinobi for congratulating what is likely professional industry friends were disgusting and really were the straw that broke the camels back for me over there.

I cannot believe they’re going after such a nice guy who has had no interaction with the drama for tweeting a congrats. It’s way out of line and borderline abusive.

Shinobi, the guy who was part of setting Era up and was a shareholder until Cerium bought him out?

Yeah poor him. LOL

Reckheim

To basically sum up right now. Resetera has banned all topics about Cyberpunk 2077 (till staff can decide how to get out of this mess) except for one topic which they are funnelling everyone into so they can be ganged up on by the Trans Gang then banned. That seems to be what is happening right now.
yeh, and people in the trans thread are getting upset that people coming in trying to talk about the game. Mod's are literally sending these people into the thread (aperently)

Its arguably the biggest game of the year. Of course people will want to talk about it.

Litherian123

Neo Member
That was super mild compared to how they have bullied, harassed and trolled @Black Chamber for weeks.

His crime? Being very excited for a video game. On a gaming forum.

He acknowledged that some people might take offense on CDPR's stance of trans-related issues. And that should be reflected in the OT.

Did that save him? Of course not.
What did they say to Shinonbi? I was studying for my exams when I watched a video that threw me down this rabbit hole. I don't understand how saying clearly we welcome everyone is somehow a sign of wrong thing, these people either have too much time on their hands or their lives are so boring that they must create a fantasy to make it entertaining. You know what's entertaining Cyberpunk lol

Komatsu

I mean you had to have seen this coming right? You’ll find a range of differing opinions on here. But there’s plenty of people on the left (myself included) who fight for the equality of transgender people and other minorities in actual real life - not on a gaming forum. In the real world. That site has been obviously toxic as a community for quite some time.

I have marched for LGBTQ+ rights, donate regularly to the cause and will gladly correct myself if it turns out CP2077 is actually transphobic, though I don't think that will be the case.

To basically sum up right now. Resetera has banned all topics about Cyberpunk 2077 (till staff can decide how to get out of this mess) except for one topic which they are funnelling everyone into so they can be ganged up on by the Trans Gang then banned. That seems to be what is happening right now.

So they're going to funnel people posting on a video game forum.... who want to talk about one of the biggest games of the year.... into an account-death thread?

That's one way to foster a healthy and vibrant discussion/community.

Raven117

Because "everyone is welcome" . . . violent speech and dog whistle.
This is just mind-boggling to me. I understand the "all lives matter thing" that really was made in response to the Black Lives Matter phrase, but "Everyone is Welcome" was not created out of politics, but of inclusion. Literally, the language of inclusion.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I got off the phone with B-Dubs. He is going to keep any talk of Cyberpunk 2077 off the site. He thinks no one will notice as that game was announced in 2012 and he is confident that it will bomb like a similar game Duke Nukem Forever.

I for one trust his judgment. There doesn't seem to be the hype around Cyberpunk like there is for other games this week like Knack 2 bae-bee (I actually do like that game, why do I publicly shit on Knack?).

He also said a few words i don't want to repeat but I'm sure Soliloquyofadogge would handily.

lunnuyu

What a welcoming place. Incredibly how some people can be banned for blinking wrong, but others can safely tell you to fuck off and die for asking an innocent, rational question.
J1lvRtO.jpg

z8qwKdj.jpg

how dare that user talk about a game on a gaming forum?! what is wrong with him?!11?

Karunamon

So, do we have this weeks figures on how many trans folx CDPR's Cyberpunk game killed this week?

Just making sure we keep track of the historical numbers

Last weeks total=0
This weeks total=TBD

I'll have to go ask my buddies at this week's meeting of the Fascists Alt-right Racist Transphobe Extreme Reactionary Sexists club, they should have the updated figures. There's also going to be a resolution discussed on shortening the name to the acronym.

Sadly though, our operatives in CDPR are not pulling their weight. Pre-reports are sketchy but it's looking like they failed to claim even a single life.

Last edited:
Nc5EpB0.png

Accusing CDPR of 'narrative controlling' is some top-tier irony.
It's extremely hypocritical to see that commentary over there, for sure. But he kinda has a point about blocking gameplay footage for reviews. It's a pretty shady practice that hides what the final product looks like outside of the controlled environment the developer showed.

lmimmfn

I got off the phone with B-Dubs. He is going to keep any talk of Cyberpunk 2077 off the site. He thinks no one will notice as that game was announced in 2012 and he is confident that it will bomb like a similar game Duke Nukem Forever.

I for one trust his judgment. There doesn't seem to be the hype around Cyberpunk like there is for other games this week like Knack 2 bae-bee (I actually do like that game, why do I publicly shit on Knack?).

He also said a few words i don't want to repeat but I'm sure Soliloquyofadogge would handily.
Funny that, Kyuuji just rang me to pickup a few pairs of boxers as he's been really busy the past few days for some reason.

Last edited:
It's extremely hypocritical to see that commentary over there, for sure. But he kinda has a point about blocking gameplay footage for reviews. It's a pretty shady practice that hides what the final product looks like outside of the controlled environment the developer showed.

There's nothing shady about it, since it doesn't reflect the product that 99% of consumers will play, which will be with the day 1 patch with many potential issues fixed.

FunkMiller

I'll have to go ask my buddies at this week's meeting of the Alt-Right Sexist Nazi Bigot Transphobe Racism Club, they should have the updated figures. There's also going to be a resolution discussed on shortening the name.

Alt Right Sexist Nazi Ultra Transphobes.

A.R.S.N.U.T.S.

I‘ll start working on the t shirts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom