• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

TAKING BETS HERE TAKING BETS HERE

REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR ESTIMATE OF HOW MANY PAGES THE NEW OT LASTS UNTIL IT GETS LOCKED

COME ONE COME ALL

Put me down for 12

I expect foul play with a GAFer blowing up the thread for their bet to just hit right with a suicide account, it won't be me I promise

Last edited:

Electret

Never seen a more blatant trap..
VVYwzzr.jpg

Sbp9WgF.jpg

Ok, let me just post it there then...

zqbl7om.jpg

whoops.

hLdKzYd.jpg

Also, Kyuuji gave you a "polite" demand. So what the fuck is wrong with you? How dare you.
Damn, Kyuuji wielding that newfound power HARD. And the best part is the mods can't do anything about it, so Kyuuji can take this as far as they want (please do).

This is basically the forum version of the Night of Long Knives.

Last edited:
Era lurker here, who occasionally posted there.

I knew that there were always two sides, and i knew that people said "Era is banning everyone, you can't have your opinion there". But i always dismissed this, and wanted to participate on Era myself. Mainly because a lot of people got their gaming news from there, and a lot of industry figures are also signed up there. Now i know what those people were talking about.

Aside from the fact that Era got in a hostage situation, which it's owners can't even admit and still cater to those crazy people, its mainly the fact how they treat their users there.
Some of you joked about the fact that one could write a thesis about this, but you really could. They are actively banning people just like that, treating them like they are subhumans. And their valid criticism is being dismissed as "trolling". They are creating an "us vs them" situation, which frankly pushes a lot of members away, even genuine innocent people.

And even worse is the fact, that nobody will stand up for you, unless you made yourself a name and people are aware of who you are. "Casual" posters are not worth being listened to. A lot of posters are afraid to say what they actually want to, and those are actively avoiding topics where they know they will be 100% banned. I know certain members who are hyped as hell for Cyberpunk 2077, and they even have an active Twitter account where they hype people up. Usually this members are also participating in the hype threads on era, but now they avoided all the CP2077 that were posted entirely. And literally nobody is able to stand up and say something, because they know they will get banned and have a lot to lose (especially if you are working in the gaming industry yourself).

E.g. Shinobi can get hyped up on Twitter, but see how he never posted in the CT2077 threads? BC got banned for literally being hyped on the game and got perma banned for it (along with other weird reasons). Now somebody posted Shinobis hype tweet and wanted to call him out (at least he/she was being consistent), but apparently "that was not it"?!.

You can tell that Era has mods/admins who love to abuse their "power", and its getting to the extreme. Banning people just like that equals to the Prison Industrial complex in the US. A lot of people are being banned for reasons they can't comprehend. And there is no way to sort this out, as there is no possibility to explain yourself. Hell, i once posted a link and someone told me that its forbidden to post certain source/user/youtuber/etc. People have to actively resort to a ban list, and they have to find this themselves.

Casual people like me, who are fine with the issues people have with the game, are not welcomed there after this, and it couldn't have been more clear. You are not able to talk about games in the forum that describes itself as the "pulse of the gaming industry". This so called digital "safe space" only keeps on brainwashing you, until you literally "become one of them". Sry, but i am a normal dude, living a normal life as a student, who appears to love video games. I don't need the problems/negativity you all have with your life forced upon me, because i have my own.
Sry for the last part, i meant to write *who are fine with the people who have issues with the game.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
gives me flashbacks to a discord server I was once in and had this kind of .... system... and they'd twist your words and call you all kinds of label (white supremacist, racist, bigot etc) and would ban or kick you out if they felt like with under any pretenses they felt like
from some video i seen, they do this because if they label u a "nazi" or whatever....then it dehumanizes u (ironically what the nazis did). U are no longer a person. U are a thing to be hated. U are not a person with an opinion are opposing view. U are a nazi, and nazis are bad so it doesn't matter what u say. It is a way for them to rationalize anything they say or do to u. Cuz well fuck you ur a nazi now. We've decided. It is very weird behavior for sure.

just like they are doing to Black Chamber. I am now seeing him being referred to as "neo-nazi". What is the evidence of this?? Oh there is none. His crime was not Obeying. Not complying. Not giving into there increasingly hostile demands, and in a timely manner.

As Rage against the Machine once said, "Fuck You. i wont do what u tell me". These ppl on Era have become the Machine they were raging against.

what was that line in Batman. Sometimes u live long enuff to see urself become the villain.

phant0m

Put me down for 12

I expect foul play with a GAFer blowing up the thread for their bet to just hit right with a suicide account, it won't be me I promise

sad part is, if they hadn't made this complete and utter shitstorm, everything would have been relatively calm. those with concerns would've had their dedicated, pinned thread for talking about the trans issues relatively uninterrupted, and people who wanted to discuss literally any other aspect of the game would've had an OT / other threads.

now the dedicated thread is completely derailed and the OT will probably end up mostly mud-slinging and troll posts before getting locked. hope I'm wrong, but what a shame.

sidenote, it's deeply, deeply ironic that people are upset the thread about trans issues is now completely off-topic. you mobilized to get any other discussions locked & banned, what the fuck did you think would happen?

Last edited:

lunnuyu

from some video i seen, they do this because if they label u a "nazi" or whatever....then it dehumanizes u (ironically what the nazis did). U are no longer a person. U are a thing to be hated. U are not a person with an opinion are opposing view. U are a nazi, and nazis are bad so it doesn't matter what u say. It is a way for them to rationalize anything they say or do to u. Cuz well fuck you ur a nazi now. We've decided. It is very weird behavior for sure.

just like they are doing to Black Chamber. I am now seeing him being referred to as "neo-nazi". What is the evidence of this?? Oh there is none. His crime was not Obeying. Not complying. Not giving into there increasingly hostile demands, and in a timely manner.

As Rage against the Machine once said, "Fuck You. i wont do what u tell me". These ppl on Era have become the Machine they were raging against.

what was that line in Batman. Sometimes u live long enuff to see urself become the villain.

I agree + they are basically brain washing people who have a weak willpower
also, staying in such groups is like staying in a toxic relationship, the more you stay, the worse it gets

Thank you for the quick merge. With the polar extremes that two sites seemingly represent, I didn't necessarily feel like I belonged in either camp. NeoGAF being comprised of users on the more seemingly right politically and ERA being... well I don't know what that is but it's certainly not liberal or even left. For me I've always been somewhere closer to the left and liberal side of things and I hope some of the free minded and open to critique users are willing to do exactly what forums were intended for... Debate and discussion, that is why I am open to giving GAF another shot as the level of discourse seemingly is less regulated here. As long as it's not hateful I am incredibly cool with being challenged or disagreement.

Looking back, I had over 26,000 posts registering back in 2009. It feels like eons ago in some ways (I am married now, which I am sure some GAFer's know my infamous love story), and yet in other ways it almost feels like it was yesterday. The level of excitement around games and genuine fun I had with E3 around here is something I won't soon forget and it would be interesting to see if a swath of ERA users migrate back to here.
Racists and bigots get banned here. The one difference you will see is that racists and bigots on BOTH sides get banned, unlike Era.
So if you are a leftie and are used to posting things like "conservatives/libertarian/righties are scum and should be killed" on era and getting patted on the back for it, well, the ban you get might be a tad shocking to you.
But don't worry, people who say the same thing about lefties, POC, trans etc also get banned.

Trickster

This is just disgusting behaviour by the mods. They have literally created a honeytrap with that thread. They let unsuspecting people post in there, the Tran Gang get to feast and satisfy their ego then BANG banned. Seriously the moderation over there is beyond despicable.

What an absolutely vile despicable place.

Moderation on Era has been complete trash since forever honestly. Sometimes people will get permabanned for stuff that someone else gets a week for. Meanwhile certain members like Kyuuji and excelsiorlef basically have immunity because they're well-known and constantly angry about some new thing that touches on some modern social issue, real or not. Doesn't matter that they constantly argue in bad faith, leak PM's, ban bait, or exhibit constant hostile behavior at anyone not 100% in agreement with them.

Then there's the obvious hypocrisy of people like B-dubs who have a history of saying stuff that would get any random user permabanned 10 times over. But because it's B-dubs, and he said it 6-8 years ago(even though era has tried to cancel people for stuff said longer ago than that), and because the mods know him, then it's somehow not a problem

Era could have been a great place for a progressive community. But the echo chamber and governance structure that's been built up over the last 3 years is so incredibly toxic towards anything that doesn't meet the ever shrinking spectrum of what is considered acceptable.

Last edited:

pogggggereree

Neo Member
Hi everyone. I, too, will be taking a break from Era.

Its just a bit much when people start to actively shit on people for liking the game or acknowledging the hard work that went into it. That aint it.

I think there are some shitty things in Cyberpunk and I acknowledge that, I am still going to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. I don't need someone taking a shit on me for doing so.

I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games. Sometimes I just wanna talk games and its becoming increasingly hard to do so over there. They are pissed off at anyone who is excited for the game. That Shinobi nonsense drives me insane.

I find it scary that people actually think BC was some kind of Trojan horse assigned to tearing the forum apart from the middle. Crazy.

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy the game. 👍

Last edited:

Ymir

Never seen a more blatant trap..
VVYwzzr.jpg

Sbp9WgF.jpg

Ok, let me just post it there then...

zqbl7om.jpg

whoops.

hLdKzYd.jpg

Also, Kyuuji gave you a "polite" demand. So what the fuck is wrong with you? How dare you.
What's crazy is now that he's essentially the site owner and you might not even see his posts but still get assblasted for "not listening" or posting in a "sensitive topic"

lmimmfn

After several months of scientific investigation of the ERA demographics the following provides the latest perceived breakdown( our best knowledge at this time )

gsZsnuY.jpg

The data is currently being peer reviewed and subject to slight modifications.

White paper on updated data to follow( subject to peer review ).

tioslash

Why not just ban the fucking game at this point? Why even bother with this sterile worthless thread that's bound to end in misery and tears when everyone hates everyone already?

According to what I read someone post in that trans thread is that "some minorities want to discuss the game and need a safe space to do it." So they´ll have an OT, but in their own terms. Come on lol

600Breezy

Why not just ban the fucking game at this point? Why even bother with this sterile worthless thread that's bound to end in misery and tears when everyone hates everyone already?

Dont get it confused - Cerium is 100% about the clicks and would sell every single Tranny on that site for an extra dollar.

but now that they’ve given the keys to the asylum to the inmates, this is what they need to do in order to keep them in check.

Green Saber

Its just a bit much when people start to actively shit on people for liking the game or acknowledging the hard work that went into it. That aint it.

I think there are some shitty things in Cyberpunk and I acknowledge that, I am still going to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. I don't need someone taking a shit on me for doing so.

I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games. Sometimes I just wanna talk games and its becoming increasingly hard to do so over there. They are pissed off at anyone who is excited for the game. That Shinobi nonsense drives me insane.

I find it scary that people actually think BC was some kind of Trojan horse assigned to tearing the forum apart from the middle. Crazy.

Its pretty chill here, you can relax now, the mods here are great. Hope to see you in the OT here .

teezzy

Banned

Glad to have ya'

Post wherever you'd like.

You're allowed to be a liberal in the politics section here. We encourage discussion and debate. I'm a former Bernie bro, myself.

We'll throw some jabs and you'll throw some jabs. We do things differently than Era.

its-gonna-be-so-much-fun.jpg

Put me down for 12

12 seems a bit too optimistic to me. Given the state of the site and the nature of the dialogue surrounding the game, I’d give it no more than 5 pages before they drop the whole thing in a dumpster and light it on fire.

I am not playing Cyberpunk (cancelled my preorder because huge backlog, and want to hold out as long as possible for next gen patch...or at very least Digital Foundry vids).

But king of the Cyberpunk 2077 boycott. The most vocal and visible person waving the CP2077 is EVIL game flag. Kyuuji IS playing Cyberpunk.

and somehow this is not a concern to them. This doesn't get their spidersense tingling???

TTOOLL

It’s good you disagree with people here, it’s good you can openly say it and confront their ideas if you desire. I encourage you doing so. What’s the point in only engaging in discussion with people that have similar ideas? That’s retardera.

Welcome to NeoGaf.

Raven117

Era could have been a great place for a progressive community. But the echo chamber and governance structure that's been built up over the last 3 years is so incredibly toxic towards anything that doesn't meet the ever shrinking spectrum of what is considered acceptable.
How funny . . . Its almost like....progressive community lends itself to echo chambers and governance structures ending in toxicity?

Ymir

Put me down for 27. With two "pauses" on posting, then an outright ban.
I'm hoping for 27 before any pauses. These free jannies have to be exhausted too so I hope they post it and ignore the thread as it explodes so they can "fail" the community again.

GrayChild

Feel free to engage in all discussions you're interested in without being afraid. While a significant portion of modern GAF is centrist/moderately right leaning (me included), you will not be insulted, publicly shamed, harassed or doxxed for your opinion even if a large number of other users disagree with you. This is not an echo chamber.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone still has an Era account and doesn't care for it, you should post this in their "Grrr CDPR is transphobic" thread 😇

IJhNWs4.gif

I don't think there has ever been a more perfect GIF to summarize both forums. That is going to be us on Thursday having fun with Cyberpunk whilst they predictably are still finding further reasons to hate it. Imagine going out of your way to hate everything all the time, must be exhausting.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom