• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVexperto

Hey lads and lasses here. Are any of you in touch with Vestan? Do you have contacts?
I think he’s being treated unfairly as Claven the Cunt is seemingly unbanned.
I think Vestan reported his nasty ass. Yet Vestan is still banned.

I don’t know him but I read that he’s a black person and I won’t think it’s far fetched to theorize that Era made him believe we’re bunch of racists and neo nazis.

Maybe he likes Era and want to continue posting there and doesn’t fuck with GAF but I won’t think it’d be harmful to send him a message or two. At the very least tell him to skim over this thread. We’re not Stormfront.

These lies and accusations are disgusting.
same happened with lamptramp and marzoo. lamptramp called marzoo some nasty things marzoo reported him and botj got banned. one hour lamptramp was unbanned without any explanation even though he is just pretending

The smartest thing to do if they wanted the best of both would be immediately move a cyberpunk 2077 thread to communities. And let trans era have their pinned thread .
That way people who want to talk the game can talk the game and trans era would not have to look at it no matter how many posts the thread got. But they do not want equality, they want to impose their will and the pathetic staff can't bend the knee fast enough.

I suppose the fact that I will be starting my annual holiday Harry Potter marathon this weekend would probably not go over well either.

The thing is, just having the existence of the other thread is objectionable to those posting on the transphobia thread. Their whole deal is that no matter what the site admin‘s did to ensure that their message was broadcasted above all others, most of Era’s users just simply ignored it and went straight to the other threads where regular discussions were taking place.

I'm changing from ResetERA as my primary gaming forum to NeoGAF again. The writing was on the wall, and I couldn't stand that place for years leading up to this event, but there's really no point in browsing there anymore. I lean conservative, but I'm not a particularly political person. The fact that you can be banned just because you are conservative or voted for trump is the definition of insanity. Around half of America votes this way, they are not all evil people, just like not all the left wing is like ResetERA fanatics or Antifa members....I always had to basically keep my mouth shut over there and got banned a few times because Dictator had a meltdown at me calling him out on something factually incorrect OR I didn't agree with their premise that "crunch" was inherently problematic in every circumstance.

What's the point of posting on a forum where you're constantly walking on eggshells? The biggest draw were the "insiders" and technical discussion, but they have very few of those left. Maybe Matt is the only one worth following for info, but his nuggets of info are so vague that they really aren't interesting and are more about common sense.

Most insiders moved over to Twitter anyhow, and NeoGAF is a place you can actually have a conversation about games without having everything politicized to fit a cancel-culture agenda. Everytime I opened up REEEE it seemed like there was a thread complaining about some voice actor being a conservative, or saying something that wasn't even particularly controversial except for in their very narrow minded spectrum of the world. I don't want to waste my time every day reading a forum that is mostly filled with garbage topics and garbage posters.

At least here we can have an actual debate and celebrate diversity of opinion. I don't like having to walk on eggshells and I don't like echo chambers. If you don't have an open mind in this world to various thoughts and points of view you're a friggin' drone.

M8bhFr3.jpg

people like this I guess are holding era hostage

Aight imma stop reading this thread it’s depressing me. Back to the games. For all the new people just a quick heads up: guess what? Contrary to what resetera wants you to believe there are actually many leftists and liberals on this site - crazy? I know. Hard to believe? I KNOW. Weird that resetera had this whole false narrative thing in their heads that people just ended up taking as fact and running with... oh wait actually that’s exactly what they do ALL THE FUCKING TIME. So, congrats on breaking free from the hive. Happens to the best of us.

Now let’s get back to arguing whether Astros Playroom is in fact equal in some respects to Super Mario Odyssey.

Vire

I'm changing from ResetERA as my primary gaming forum to NeoGAF again. The writing was on the wall, and I couldn't stand that place for years leading up to this event, but there's really no point in browsing there anymore. I lean conservative, but I'm not a particularly political person. The fact that you can be banned just because you are conservative or voted for trump is the definition of insanity. Around half of America votes this way, they are not all evil people, just like not all the left wing is like ResetERA fanatics or Antifa members....I always had to basically keep my mouth shut over there and got banned a few times because Dictator had a meltdown at me calling him out on something factually incorrect OR I didn't agree with their premise that "crunch" was inherently problematic in every circumstance.

What's the point of posting on a forum where you're constantly walking on eggshells? The biggest draw were the "insiders" and technical discussion, but they have very few of those left. Maybe Matt is the only one worth following for info, but his nuggets of info are so vague that they really aren't interesting and are more about common sense.

Most insiders moved over to Twitter anyhow, and NeoGAF is a place you can actually have a conversation about games without having everything politicized to fit a cancel-culture agenda. Everytime I opened up REEEE it seemed like there was a thread complaining about some voice actor being a conservative, or saying something that wasn't even particularly controversial except for in their very narrow minded spectrum of the world. I don't want to waste my time every day reading a forum that is mostly filled with garbage topics and garbage posters.

At least here we can have an actual debate and celebrate diversity of opinion. I don't like having to walk on eggshells and I don't like echo chambers. If you don't have an open mind in this world to various thoughts and points of view you're a friggin' drone.
Welcome back. Nice to see familiar faces.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For the new/returning members that don't like the takes from some people in the politics section, I encourage challenging those views and presenting your opinion on the matter rather than simply ignoring it. I get that being used to Era's kind of politics talk means you're accustomed to only hearing one side of the discussion, but here you can see both views presented to one another. This place is unfairly labeled an alt right haven on a consistent basis, but that's a crock of shit quite frankly. There's room for more than one opinion here.

Last edited:

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I lean conservative too, and I had my own issues with Trump personally.. but the idea that anyone voting for Trump was evil completely missed the mark on why those people may have voted for him in the first place. By excluding discussion to one side, you alienate everyone else and you leave no room for growth on both sides to learn from each other. I also really didn't like a place that acted like the US was the worst country on earth.

I stayed far, far, far away from political discussions there though. Last I saw, they're now mad at Matthew McConaughey for saying something about the 'arrogant left.'

I have liberal friends and I have conservative friends. I've learned from both of them.

the OT will be all about trans issues in the game. Only lunatics will want to participate, there's going to be no real discussion about the game there.

I lean conservative too, and I had my own issues with Trump personally.. but the idea that anyone voting for Trump was evil completely missed the mark on why those people may have voted for him in the first place. By excluding discussion to one side, you alienate everyone else and you leave no room for growth on both sides to learn from each other. I also really didn't like a place that acted like the US was the worst country on earth.

I stayed far, far, far away from political discussions there though. Last I saw, they're now mad at Matthew McConaughey for saying something about the 'arrogant left.'

I have liberal friends and I have conservative friends. I've learned from both of them.

What's funny is...

Do you remember when REEE was started and they all said that they wouldn't be banning any political affiliation?

Comical what happened in the years that followed. That lasted all of about a second, and once you started seeing the ban hammer fall everyone else just went silent. You basically have a silent majority over there that only post on topics that interest them and stay far away from the insane asylum. The lunatics over there even get upset when the results of polls show that people are highly interested in games like CDPR and Harry Potter which doesnt align with their political fervor :LOL:

I still can't believe how poorly Black Chamber Black Chamber was treated...you had people wanting to get him actively banned for failing to acknowledge a land mind thrown in his lap...it was comical. Like, really? You're going to ban someone for not acknowledging your agenda? :LOL: You know we have a right in this country to engage in whatever dialogue we want...

Last edited:

Shrennin

What's funny is...

Do you remember when REEE was started and they all said that they wouldn't be banning any political affiliation?

Comical what happened in the years that followed. That lasted all of about a second, and once you started seeing the ban hammer fall everyone else just went silent. You basically have a silent majority over there that only post on topics that interest them and stay far away from the insane asylum. The lunatics over there even get upset when the results of polls show that people are highly interested in games like CDPR and Harry Potter :LOL:

I do remember that. It's why I wasn't too concerned with going over there. When I initially signed up though, I was asked about this tag (in a concerning manner, almost like I was being interrogated). I explained it had to do with an argument on incorporation, but I should have gotten the hint then lol

Last edited:

ManaByte

What's funny is...

Comical what happened in the years that followed. That lasted all of about a second, and once you started seeing the ban hammer fall everyone else just went silent. You basically have a silent majority over there that only post on topics that interest them and stay far away from the insane asylum. The lunatics over there even get upset when the results of polls show that people are highly interested in games like CDPR and Harry Potter which doesnt align with their political fervor :LOL:

I still can't believe how poorly Black Chamber Black Chamber was treated...you had people wanting to get him actively banned for failing to acknowledge a land mind thrown in his lap...it was comical. Like, really? You're going to ban someone for not acknowledging your agenda? :LOL: You know we have a right in this country to engage in whatever dialogue we want...

They also said they wouldn't ban people for off-site things. That also lasted a half second.

I absolutely hate Trump, and i am glad that he got voted out, but i completely agree with you. Banning the whole other side is nothing more than censoring, and doesn't make them better than they think they are. I am still surprised that in order to sign up on Era, you need an email from either your workplace or university, and it's essential for everyone who does researches and writes official work and theses to absolutely be unbiased and think critically - yet Era doesn't allow this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Oh shit, I forgot 2077 is getting great reviews.

I haven't skimmed Reee today. Has their usual "We're down and out losers on suicide watch" morphed into "We're down and out losers on suicide watch Infinite +1"?

Shrennin

I absolutely hate Trump, and i am glad that he got voted out, but i completely agree with you. Banning the whole other side is nothing more than censoring, and doesn't make them better than they think they are. I am still surprised that in order to sign up on Era, you need an email from either your workplace or university, and it's essential for everyone who does researches and writes official work and theses to absolutely be unbiased and think critically - yet Era doesn't allow this.

When the initial migration happened, they let you get around that... which is the only reason I joined. I didn't trust them with an email beyond a throwaway one I created specifically for that site.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This Shiron guy, with his super long posts, including the 7k word post from yesterday... isn't even trans? And says the trans community should dictate the rules about Cyberpunk? Dude they are already doing this for over a week.

Too lazy to find it and I'm going to take a nap. But can you find me the Reee page or link it's on?

You got to be kidding me someone wrote 7,000 words. That's like 20 pages of text on normal paper.

Too lazy to find it and I'm going to take a nap. But can you find me the Reee page or link it's on?

You got to be kidding me someone wrote 7,000 words. That's like 20 pages of text on normal paper.

Its fucking wild

DeviantBoi

Its fucking wild

That's like half the length of my graduation thesis, this person really doesn't have anything better to do than this it seems.

For the new/returning members that don't like the takes from some people in the politics section, I encourage challenging those views and presenting your opinion on the matter rather than simply ignoring it. I get that being used to Era's kind of politics talk means you're accustomed to only hearing one side of the discussion, but here you can see both views presented to one another. This place is unfairly labeled an alt right haven on a consistent basis, but that's a crock of shit quite frankly. There's room for more than one opinion here.
This. The best politics advice anyone ever gave me was to go outside your bubble and seek out opinions from the other end of the spectrum - even if you completely disagree with them. It's amazing what not viewing everything through an "Us vs. Them" lens can do. Had I never gotten outside the liberal echo chamber, I'd probably be making posts on Era similar to the ones we've been ridiculing in here. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ManaByte

Its fucking wild

I kept scrolling and it wouldn't end. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Its fucking wild

I’m typing this on phone as I’m 2 min away from dozing off, but I fanned down the post.

For a second I thought you meant 700 words because I just scrolled down a bunch of pages and he added links. I thought that was going to be end of the post, but then he writes a bunch of more pages and links. I don’t know what he’s doing but there’s also got to be 10 or 15 links in it too. He must had wrote that all day.

I think I scrolled about 15 or 20 pages down my phone.

I got to say I can’t wait to read it.

For one day in my life Im going to feel like a suicide hotline counsellor .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom